Aiuto - Cerca - Utenti - Calendario
Versione completa: Willow (TV Series)
Disney Digital Forum > * The Walt Disney Company * > Disney Television & Streaming
veu
Da Variety:

Ron Howard in Talks for ‘Willow’ Sequel Series at Disney+

Ron Howard and “Solo” writer Jonathan Kasdan are in negotiations for a sequel series to Howard’s 1988 feature “Willow” at Disney+, Variety has confirmed.

The original fantasy film came from a George Lucas story and was produced by Lucasfilm, so a Disney+ series adaptation would seem like a natural fit, given how many other Lucasfilm projects are in the works for the streaming platform.

In an interview on MTV’s “Happy Sad Confused” podcast, Howard said that “serious discussions” were ongoing and confirmed that Warwick Davis, who played the titular character in the original, would be returning.

“Warwick is so cool and so good and he’s such a good actor that I really hope we get the chance to see the mature Willow in action,” Howard said.

“Willow” centers on a dwarf Willow Ufgood (Davis) who reluctantly forced into playing a critical role in protecting a special infant named Elora Danan from an evil queen (Jean Marsh). A prophecy told that Elora would bring the queen’s downfall. Willow is helped along the way by a mercenary swordsman, played by Val Kilmer.

Joanne Whalley, Billy Barty and Kevin Pollak all also starred.

The “Willow” series would be the latest addition to the expansive Disney+ original series slate, which already includes adaptations and spinoffs of a host of Disney properties.

Among the Lucasfilm-produced series set up at Disney+ are “The Mandalorian,” the first ever live-action Star Wars series, written and executive-produced by Jon Favreau, an Untitled Cassian Andor series with Diego Luna, and the return of the beloved animated series “Star Wars: The Clone Wars.”

Disney+ is set to debut in the U.S. on Nov. 12.

Dal sito DeadLine:

‘Willow’ Series Reboot Based On Film Eyed At Disney+

Willow may be returning to the small screen. A series reboot of the MGM fantasy film from Ron Howard and George Lucas is being considered at Disney+.

Howard, who directed the film from a story by Lucas, told MTV’s Happy Sad Confused podcast that Jon Kasdan, a writer on Howard’s Solo: A Star Wars Story, has been “hounding” him about rebooting the pic for the upcoming Disney+ streaming service.

“I think it’d be a great way to go,” Howard said. “In fact, George always talked about the possibility of a Willow series, and it’d be great and more intimate, and built around that character and some of the others. And Jon Kasdan has, I think, an inspired take on it and it could be really, really cool.”

There have been conversations about the project at Disney+, a source tells Deadline.

The fantasy film starred Warwick Davis as a reluctant farmer who plays a critical role in protecting a special baby from a tyrannical queen who vows to destroy her and take over the world. Val Kilmer, Joanne Whalley, Jean Marsh, and Billy Barty also starred.

Should the project move forward, Howard said the title character would be a more mature Willow, older and wiser and presumably more fast with weaponry than he once was.

Stay tuned.
Fra X
Jon Kasdan da Indy l' hanno spostato a lavorare su Willow. biggrin.gif
veu
Dal sito Movieweb:

Willow 2 Update: Warwick Davis Talks Disney+ Sequel Series Possibilities [Exclusive]

We recently learned from writer Jon Kasdan that pre-production work on the Willow sequel series is underway. There has been much discussion in recent years about a possible follow-up to Ron Howard's beloved 1988 fantasy flick. It seems those plans are finally starting to materialize. The movie's star Warwick Davis has provided us with an update on the project. Davis is very excited about it, but does caution that nothing is set in stone at this point.

I recently had the chance to speak with Warwick Davis in honor of the upcoming Blu-ray release of Maleficent: Mistress of Evil. During the conversation, I asked him about Willow 2 and he was kind enough to explain, not only where it's at currently, but how it came to be in the first place, which largely happened during the production of Solo: A Star Wars Story. Here's what Warwick Davis had to say about it.

"At this stage, nothing is really greenlit, go on the project. It's something we're working hard to develop and push over the line, as far as getting it to become a reality. The stars have aligned, as far as, the right people have come to the table, which is great. A lot of it happened on Solo. The fact that Ron Howard came onto the project. The fact that Jon Kasdan was a writer, and also a huge fan of Willow. It was one of the first things he said to Ron over their first meeting at breakfast was that he loved Willow.
That really hooked Ron into the Solo project a little bit more. During that, George Lucas visited one day to set, and I was actually in my Weazel guise on Solo. So I had the long hair and stuff, and kind of looked a little bit like Willow, I guess. I'm walking off the set, then having Ron Howard, and Kathleen Kennedy, and George, and Jon all kind of talking enthusiastically about bringing Willow back.

It was just a really surreal experience. I would love to come back as the character, not only for me to perform. I would love to revisit that now as older and wiser, but also for the fans as well who have been there since 1988."

Willow centers on a young man named Willow (Warwick Davis) who lives out an adventure that explodes beyond the boundaries of his own hopes and fears in a mythical land filled with magic. The movie wasn't a huge hit at the time, nor did it do terribly well with critics. Yet, over three decades, it has managed to endure. Speaking further, Davis talked about the enduring legacy of the movie all these years later.

"Willow is one of those amazing things that you get to work on, probably only once in a career. It's a movie you put your heart and soul into, and everybody did who worked on that film. It's so gratifying that still, all of these years later, don't forget, that film came out in 1988, people still talk about it with such affection. I still get tweets and people still contact me every day. People approach me in the street. 'Oh, we just watched Willow again last night! It's so great!' People are enjoying seeing it on Disney+ and being able to see it again after all these years. That's really lovely."
The indication is that Willow 2, should it move forward, will be done as a series for Disney+. Plot details are being kept under wraps for the time being. There is also no word on if other cast members from the original, such as Val Kilmer, would return. In the meantime, you can check out Warwick Davis in Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, which is out now on Digital HD and will hit Blu-ray/DVD and 4K Ultra HD on January 14 from Disney.
veu
Dal sito Forbes, l'attore Kevin Pollack parla del fatto che sarebbe disposto a tornare per il sequel:

“If I’m asked, yes, I’d love to do it. It has to be considered a possibility simply because Ron Howard eventually tweeted that he was interested in seeing where Willow is at all these years later. It went from rumors to his showing some interest. I’ve not heard of any production, and I’ve not heard of any scripts being written. When Ron said that he wanted to pick up where all these years later with the same actor, Warwick Davis, as Willow, that was the first hint that the Brownies, Rick Overton and I, may also be invited back.”

“I’ve not heard anything since. I would be 100% open to it, of course. It was an incredibly fun part to play. I’d love to do that again, absolutely.”
Daydreamer
Da Comingsoon.net

Willow 2: Ron Howard Reveals the Status of Disney+’s Potential Series

In recent Q&A event by The Bearded Trio, when asked about the previously announced spinoff series for the iconic 80s’ film Willow, Oscar-winning filmmaker Ron Howard honestly answered that he can’t really reveal any big announcements about the potential series but he did confirm that the sequel is still currently in development.

“Well, if I say anything too concrete it’s gonna go viral because anytime I say anything about Willow, people take it all very seriously,” Howard said (via JoBlo). “I will say that, let’s see…what can I say? It’s still in development. It doesn’t have a green light. Warwick Davis is thrilled by it and if we are lucky enough for it to go, he would come back as Willow.”

He also revealed they have already started scouting for filming locations in the UK with scripts still being developed. “We are far enough along that in a very tentative way, locations are beginning to be scouted, and we don’t know where we’re going to shoot, but we have gotten some research photos back from Wales. It’s nice to think about where our old knock bar was, and again no idea if we’re gonna get to make the show but we’re having a wonderful time developing the scripts under Jonathan Kasdan who is leading the charge.”

Willow remains a rip-roaring, bizarre 80s adventure, boasting some incredible (for its time) FX, great performances, and a masterful score by the late James Horner. You can watch it now on Disney+ or buy a copy of it here.

Over three decades ago, Ron Howard teamed up with George Lucas on the fantasy film called Willow. In 1987, Lucas produced Willow, and Howard directed the movie; which featured Warwick Davis as a would-be magician, Willow Ufgood. While the movie only had a modest box office run, Willow has gone on to become a cult film.

Although Willow never got a cinematic sequel, Lucas and former X-Men writer Chris Claremont did create a trilogy of novels set in that world. In 1995, Shadow Moon kicked off the Chronicles of the Shadow War trilogy. In that story, the focus shifted from Willow to Elora Danan, the young girl whom Willow had protected when she was an infant.

Presumably, any Willow sequel series won’t be bound by any of the events of the Shadow War books but will serve as a continuation of the original film’s story.
Daydreamer
Da SuperHeroHype

Disney+ Officially Orders a Willow Sequel TV Series

After years of rumors, a Willow sequel series is officially coming to Disney+. The Hollywood Reporter broke the story and confirmed that Warwick Davis will reprise his role as Willow Ufgood from the 1988 fantasy movie directed by Ron Howard.

While Howard isn’t currently lined up to direct any episodes, he is attached as an executive producer. Jonathan Kasdan (Solo) wrote the pilot and will be the co-showrunner with Arrow veteran Wendy Mericle. Additionally, Crazy Rich Asians director Jon M. Chu will direct the pilot episode.

“Growing up in the’80s, Willow has had a profound effect on me,” said Chu in a statement.. “The story of the bravest heroes in the least likely places allowed me, an Asian-American kid growing up in a Chinese restaurant looking to go to Hollywood, to believe in the power of our own will, determination and of course, inner magic… It’s a bucket list moment for me… I can’t wait for the world to come along on this epic journey with us.”

“So many fans have asked me over the years if Willow will make a return, and now I’m thrilled to tell them that he will indeed,” added Davis. “If Willow Ufgood can represent the heroic potential in all of us, then he is a character I am extremely honored to reprise.”

Lucasfilm will produce the Willow series for Disney+. According to THR, the series “will be set years after the film and introduce new characters into its world of fairy queens and monsters.” A start date has not yet been announced.
Daydreamer
Fa piacere rivedere Ellie Bamber dopo l'esperienza ne Lo Schiaccianoci e i Quattro Regni, anche perché è stata rumoreggiava per il ruolo di Ariel nel live action de La Sirenetta, prima che Halle Bailey glielo scippasse con la svolta black.

Da Deadline

‘Willow’: Erin Kellyman, Cailee Spaeny & Ellie Bamber Poised To Star In Disney+ Series

EXCLUSIVE: Ellie Bamber (Nocturnal Animals), Cailee Spaeny (The Craft: Legacy) and Erin Kellyman (Solo) are in negotiations for the three female leads in Willow, Disney+ and Lucasfilm’s upcoming TV series follow-up to the 1988 fantasy movie, with the film’s star Warwick Davis reprising his title role, I have learned. The new incarnation of Willow comes from Jonathan Kasdan, who wrote the pilot and serves as co-showrunner alongside Wendy Mericle; Jon M. Chu, who will direct the pilot episode; the original film’s director Ron Howard and writer Bob Dolman; as well as Lucasfilm, which produced the movie. A rep for Disney+ declined comment.

The Willow movie, written by Dolman from a story by George Lucas, starred Davis as a reluctant farmer who leads a ragtag crew on a quest to protect a special baby from a tyrannical queen who vows to destroy her.

The series, which marks Lucasfilm’s first venture into non-Star Wars storytelling since 2015, will take place years after the events of the film. It introduces all-new characters to the enchanted realm of fairy queens and two-headed Eborsisk monsters, and welcomes back its hero Willow Ufgood (Davis).

No additional details about the series’ storyline have been released. According to circulated casting information for the series, it revolves around a group on a mission to save a kidnapped prince. The members of the team include Dove (Bamber), whose backstory resembles that of Willow from the movie. Dove is an unassuming kitchen maid who proves she is the “chosen one” as she embarks on the journey. She is joined by Kit (Spaeny), the princess whose twin brother was abducted. She is destined to be a leader and ultimately the queen. Kellyman plays Jade, a servant who is Kit’s best friend and moral compass. She is on her way to becoming the best young warrior in the kingdom. Also part of the group is a guy who echoes Val Kilmer’s character in the movie. A thief and liar, he joins the quest in exchange for getting out of prison.

Chu serves as executive producer alongside Kasdan, Mericle, Howard and Lucasfilm’s Kathleen Kennedy and Michelle Rejwan. Dolman is a consulting producer. Roopesh Parekh and Hannah Friedman are co-executive producers; Julia Cooperman is a producer.

The series is slated to film in Wales, where much of the original film was shot.

Willow reunites Kellyman with Lucasfilm, Kasdan and Howard after co-starring in Lucasfilm’s Solo: A Star Wars Story, directed by Howard and co-written by Kasdan. The series also brings back together Brits Bamber and Kellyman who co-starred together on BBC’s Les Misérables.

Spaeny recently headlined The Craft reboot, The Craft: Legacy. Her feature credits also include Pacific Rim: Uprising, On the Basis of Sex and Vice. On TV, she co-starred on the FX on Hulu limited series Devs and will next be seen in another limited series, HBO’s Mare of Easttown. She is repped by WME, Identity Agency Group and Hansen Jacobson Teller.

Kellyman appears as Enfys Nest, leader of the rebel Cloud Riders, in Solo: A Star Wars Story. She also has been rumored for a key role on another high-profile upcoming Disney+ series, Marvel’s Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Kellyman is repped by CAA, Curtis Brown and Lucy Popkin.

Bamber earned awards recognition for her lead role in High Resolution. Her feature credits also include Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms and Extracurricular Activities. She is repped by UTA and Curtis Brown.
Fulvio84
ho appena rivisto il film. Beh sarebbe bello vedere gli eventi del regno della bambina diventata regina.
Ho sempre adorato la crudele Bavmorta che mi ha sempre ricordato tanto Grimilde
veu
Dal sito The Disinsider:

Jon M. Chu Exits Disney+ ‘Willow’ Series

Last month, during Disney’s Investor Day meeting, Lucasfilm President, Kathleen Kennedy confirmed reports that Crazy Rich Asians director Jon M. Chu would helm the Disney+ Willow sequel series. Now, we have a disappointing update.

Chu took to Instagram and announced that he has departed the project due to scheduling conflicts. Sadly, his statement, which you can read below, was a tough one for him, as he was passionate about the project.

"I’m heartbroken to let you all know that I unfortunately have to step away from directing Willow. With the production schedule moving due to continued lockdowns in the UK, and with a new baby coming this summer (surprise!), the timing is just not going to work for me and my family.

As you may know, Willow has been one of my favorite movies since I was a child, so I’m devastated that

I won’t be able to work with some of my heroes old and new like Kathy, Ron, Jon, Wendy, Michelle, and the amazing cast and crew they’ve put together. Like a kid seeing Willow for the first time in the ‘80s, I will look forward to watching this magical new world unfold as a very enthusiastic fan. And boy do they have an adventure in store for you! I can’t wait for you all to experience it soon.

Much love, and take care of each other during these fast changing times,
Jon M. Chu"

It is unknown at this time of Disney’s live-action adaptation of Lilo & Stitch, which has Chu attached to direct, is also affected by this decision. We will continue to look into this and update you when we can.

The series will look for a new director. Jonathan Kasdan (Solo: A Star Wars Story) and Wendy Mericle (Arrow) will produce. Jonathan Kasdan wrote the pilot. Erin Kellyman (The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Solo: A Star Wars Story), Ellie Bamber (Nocturnal Animals), and Cailee Spaeny (The Craft: Legacy) are all set to star alongside Warwick Davis.

Kathleen Kennedy, Michelle Rejwan, Jon M. Chu, Jonathan Kasdan, Wendy Mericle, Ron Howard and Imagine Television will serve as executive producers, with Roopesh Parekh and Hannah Friedman as co-executive producers. Additionally, Bob Dolman will serve as consulting producer with Julia Cooperman as producer.

Lucasfilm plans to start production on the Willow series in April 2021 in Wales, where the original film was shot. The show is being ordered for an 8-episode first season, but the hope is for it to continue as an ongoing series.
Daydreamer
Da BadTaste

Willow: Amer Chadha-Patel nel cast della serie realizzata per Disney+

Nel cast di Willow, la nuova serie di Disney+ e Lucasfilm, ci sarà anche Amer Chadha-Patel (Doom: Annihilation).
Secondo quanto riporta il sito Deadline l’attore, recentemente apparso in Beecham House, avrà il ruolo di uno dei protagonisti del progetto ideato come sequel del film cult arrivato nelle sale americane nel 1988 accanto a Ellie Bamber, Erin Kellyman, Tony Revolori e Warwick Davis.
Amer interpreterà Boorman, descritto come un ladro e un bugiardo che si unisce al gruppo che intraprende una missione con lo scopo di salvare un principe che è stato rapito per avere in cambio la possibilità di uscire di prigione.
Jonathan Kasdan ha firmato la sceneggiatura del pilot e sarà impegnato come co-showrunner in collaborazione con Wendy Mericle. Il regista Ron Howard e lo sceneggiatore Bob Dolman saranno coinvolti come produttori esecutivi in collaborazione con Lucasilm. Alla regia ci sarà Jonathan Entwistle.

La serie è ambientata vari anni dopo gli eventi mostrati nel lungometraggio e introdurrà nuovi personaggi che vivono nel mondo incantato dove vivono fate, mostri e altre creature. Le puntate racconteranno un’epica missione per salvare un principe che è stato rapito. Nel gruppo impegnato nel tentativo di salvare il giovane ci saranno Dove (Bamber), una domestica che si scopre essere la “prescelta” mentre affronta la missione. Insieme a lei ci sarà Kit (Cruz), la sorella gemella del principe che è stato rapito, destinata a diventare regina. Kellyman, infine, sarà Jade, una serva grande amica di Kit.
Le riprese dovrebbero svolgersi in Galles.
Daydreamer
Da BadTaste

Willow: le riprese della serie sono iniziate in Galles, Warwick Davis avvistato sul set

Le riprese della serie sequel di Willow, il film cult degli anni ’80, sembrano essere iniziate e il sito Making Star Wars ha riportato la notizia che il cast e la troupe sono attualmente impegnati a Bridgend, in Galles.
Il sito sostiene inoltre che Warwick Davis sia stato sempre presente sul set e la produzione dovrebbe poi spostarsi a Cardiff.[...]
Daydreamer
Un nuovo volto giovane all'interno del cast.

Da BadTaste

Willow: Dempsey Bryk nel cast della serie tv

Dempsey Bryk è entrato nel cast di Willow, serie tv in arrivo nel 2022 sulla piattaforma Disney+ come sequel del film fantasy del 1988. Non sono state diffuse informazioni circa il ruolo che l’attore andrà a ricoprire nello show, le cui riprese sono iniziate alcuni mesi fa. Bryk in precedenza ha recitato nella serie tv The Birch di Facebook Watch, ma anche in Heartland, Mary Kills People, V-Wars e Corone[...]
Daydreamer
Quindi una trans può interpretare un personaggio cisgender (legittimo) e un attore/attrice cisgender deve tenersi lontano da ruoli trans (disgusto politico).

Da Deadline

Talisa Garcia Becomes First Trans Actress To Be Cast By Disney In A Lucasfilm Production

EXCLUSIVE: British actress Talisa Garcia (Baptiste) has been cast in anticipated Disney+ series Willow, marking the first known occasion an openly trans actor has been cast in a production from Disney-owned Lucasfilm, home to the Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises.

In the TV spinoff of the 1980s fantasy classic, which is now in post-production, a princess assembles a party to join her on a quest to rescue her twin brother.

We understand Garcia will play a Queen and the mother to Tony Revolori’s character who takes part in the quest. Garcia’s role is a small speaking part and the actress may ultimately only appear in one episode.

The casting also marks the first known time a trans actor has portrayed a cis character in a Disney+ film or series. During the shoot, we hear there was pride and support among many of Garcia’s colleagues about her casting.

Garcia was cast in the project long before the storm developed surrounding Disney’s response to the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill and new wave of concerns emerged about on-screen representation in Disney productions.

The studio has been under fire in recent weeks for its response to the controversial Florida legislation which bans teachers from giving lessons on sexual orientation and gender identity to children under the age of nine. The studio’s initial silence on the bill led to anger and frustration among many staff who took it as a slight to the LGBTQ+ community and saw it as an example of the House Of Mouse not doing enough to support diversity, something critics also believe the studio could do more of on screen. Marvel Studios exec Victoria Alonso was among those to voice criticism at the recent GLAAD Media awards.

Last year, Raya And The Last Dragon actress Patti Harrison became the first known trans actor to voice a character in a Disney animated movie. In 2019, Spider–Man’s Zach Barack became Marvel Studios’ first transgender actor. More recently, non-binary trans actor iris menas portrayed Anybodys in 20th Century Studios’ West Side Story reboot. Meanwhile, there have been reports online in recent days that Disney+ series Ironheart is looking to recruit a trans actress.

Last year, Chloe Zhao’s film Eternals featured the first ever gay superhero in a MCU movie – with Brian Tyree Henry taking on the role of Eternal and inventor Phastos. Lauren Ridloff also starred in the feature film – making history as the first deaf actor ever to play a superhero in a studio feature film.

Chilean-born British actress Garcia is best known for BBC crime-thriller Baptiste. Other credits include Starz!’s The Girlfriend Experience and TBS’s Miracle Workers.
veu
News:

L'attrice italiana Rosabell Laurenti Sellers si unisce al cast di Willow

Da DeadLine:

‘Game Of Thrones’ Alum Rosabell Laurenti Sellers Set For Recurring Role In Disney+ Series ‘Willow’

EXCLUSIVE: Game Of Thrones alum Rosabell Laurenti Sellers is a new name in the cast of anticipated Disney+ and Lucasfilm series Willow.

In the TV spinoff of the 1980s fantasy classic, which is now in post-production, a princess assembles a party to join her on a quest to rescue her twin brother.

Among previously revealed cast are Tony Revolori, Amer Chadha-Patel , Ellie Bamber, Ruby Cruz, Erin Kellyman and Warwick Davis. And as we revealed last week, the casting of Talisa Garcia marks the first time Lucasfilm has cast a trans actor in one of its productions.

Much like she did to memorable effect in Game Of Thrones we hear Sellers will play a resourceful character with sharp, acerbic wit.

The actress is best known for playing Tyene Sand in HBO’s smash series. Sand was a daughter of Prince Oberyn Martell and his paramour Ellaria Sand, and one of the Sand Snakes who takes part in the Coup in Dorne.

Sellers’ other credits include Nickelodeon’s Mia And Me, Crackle Plus series Spides and John Travolta sports drama Trading Paint. In post-production she has drama What About Love, in which she stars with Sharon Stone and Andy Garcia.

Sellers is repped by Greene Talent, The Artists Partnership, and Do MGMT.
Daydreamer
Brava e buca lo schermo. Contento che continui la carriera con successo e sono molto curioso di ritrovarla in questa serie.
Daydreamer
Ecco il * TRAILER *.

Molto, molto carino. In uscita il 30 Novembre (anche Joanne Walley ritornerà! Chissà se ci sarà anche solo un cameo di Val Kilmer, speriamo).
Daydreamer
Evviva la conferma, sebbene immagino sarà poco più di una presenza vocale o simile dato l'articolo.

Da Comingsoon.net

Val Kilmer’s Madmartigan Is in Willow Disney+ Series ‘in a Big Way’

Val Kilmer is set to have a presence in the upcoming Willow series for Disney+, according to star Warwick Davis and executive producer Jonathan Kasdan.

The two members of the upcoming continuation of the 1988 film recently spoke to Yahoo Entertainment, where they revealed that Kilmer’s character from the original film will be a part of the new series, although they didn’t exactly dive into what Kilmer’s role in the film will be.

“Val’s a huge part of this, and the first conversation I had, when Warwick and I got the green light to do this, was with Val,” Kasdan said. “We wanted his character to be a part of the story. We wanted him to be in the show.”

Kilmer appeared in Willow as Madmartigan, a swordsman who helps Willow on his quest throughout the film. For the legendary actor, it marked just the fourth film that he had ever worked on. However, because of the COVID-19 lockdowns, Kilmer was unable to film anything for the series. Despite that, Kasdan and Warwick did note that he is in the show “in a big way.”

“Because we were shooting during [the COVID-19 lockdowns], he wasn’t able to come to Wales and shoot with us. But he is in the show in a big way, and we’re pretty excited about it,” said Kasdan. “Madmartigan lives on.”
Daydreamer
Ecco il * TRAILER ESTESO ITALIANO *

Poster

Daydreamer
Qualcuno sta guardando la serie? Ho letto qua e là che non è male, ma col tempo ho perso interesse e non l'ho più visionata. Stessa storia per la serie su Il Mistero dei Templari. Se qualcuno volesse scrivere le proprie impressioni sul topic apposito...Grazie smile.gif
Hiroe
Ho iniziato a vedere la prima puntata e all'inizio è molto incentrato sull'amore, non si vedeva roba così da tempo in Disney... Credo che continuerò a guardarlo quando riesco.
Mr. Hook
La mia intenzione è quella di recuperarla quando saranno uscite tutte le puntate per vederle in una botta o quasi.
Nel frattempo potrei recuperare il film che se va bene non vedo da più di 10 anni.
Daydreamer
È vero anche questo, l’ho capito soprattutto vedendo Gli Anelli del Potere. Vedere opere di questo tipo un episodio a settimana toglie respiro e coinvolgimento, oltre a far perdere i dettagli molto particolareggiati e importanti per capire il dipanarsi del racconto. Il problema è che le piattaforme decidono il successo di un prodotto all’inizio e attendendo si rischia di far cancellare prodotti valevoli. Insomma è un guaio.
Fulvio84
State guardando la serie? A me sta piacendo, ha un ritmo diverso rispetto al film, diciamo sulla scia contemporanea, modaiola in certi versi, peró molto godibile. Manca solo l’8 episodio per il finale e non è chiaro se ci saranno altre stagioni, anche se credo impossibile concluedere la narrazione.
Adoro Ellie Bumper, sarebbe stata una Ariel adorabile e che sembra Ariel (maledetti)
Daydreamer
La serie pare sia stata cancellata, dopo una sola stagione.

Fonte: IndieWire
winnie & pimpi
CITAZIONE (Daydreamer @ 15/3/2023, 21:41) *
La serie pare sia stata cancellata, dopo una sola stagione.

Fonte: IndieWire

Meno male, era davvero orrenda.
Fulvio84
Non era eccelsa ma comunque avrei voluto vedere il seguito.
Almeno una seconda stagione conclusiva potevano farlo… peccato che hanno sprecato un’occasione e la splendida Ellie Bamber
Hiroe
Io sono dell'opinione di Winnie&Pimpi, ho provato a continuarla per curiosità e per darle una possibilità ma ogni puntata era peggiore della precedente, cose senza senso e scarso coinvolgimento, anche gli attori a volte sembravano spaesati dalla sceneggiatura... Soprattutto attori valenti come Erin Kellyman ne uscivano malissimo, non l'ho vista convinta per niente.... C'è un dialogo in un episodio con Amar Chadar Patel che è al limite del ridicolo, loro stessi credo si vergognassero a dire certe frasi... La "principessa" lesbica, maschiaccio ecc ecc è veramente antipatica, anche se dovrebbe essere un comprimario importante, quasi una coprotagonista della Bamber.. da subito la mettono in antitesi a lei, che invece risplende di bellezza pura e dolcezza, e rimane per forza antipatica...

Giudizio veramente basso... Azioni senza senso e buchi di sceneggiatura, comunque debole e banale.... Ahi ahi peccato
Mr. Hook
Ma il finale della prima stagione è un finale aperto o può essere considerato un finale nel vero senso della parola?
Beh, poco importa... a questo punto dubito di recuperarla.
Daydreamer
Mi accodo a Mr Hook, ponendo la stessa domanda.

Con il ritorno di Iger al comando pare che la Disney favorirà la qualità sulla quantità. Certe operazioni bulimiche che sono solo suicide hanno già Netflix a fare la sua parte.

Ritengo che staccare la spina a tanti progetti, dopo solo una stagione, tolga tanto prestigio ad una piattaforma, perché dedita alla produzione di massa e non ad una reale offerta creativa e artistica di qualità.

Speriamo si cambi presto rotta e questo, nonostante tutto, potrebbe esserne un segnale.
Fulvio84
CITAZIONE (Mr. Hook @ 16/3/2023, 7:07) *
Ma il finale della prima stagione è un finale aperto o può essere considerato un finale nel vero senso della parola?
Beh, poco importa... a questo punto dubito di recuperarla.

Assolutamente aperto anzi è un cliffhanger, perciò sono molto deluso.
Daydreamer
Questa mania dei finali aperti è solo una commercialata degna delle semplici soap opera. Condanno tutti quelli che li operano, nessuno escluso. Poi c’è modo e modo di chiudere, trovo che il finale del Signore degli Anelli - Gli Anelli del Potere sia l’ideale, ovvero chiudere le storie principali con una risposta e lasciare possibili strade aperte, che se non si apriranno non potranno comunque ledere una certa chiusura del racconto stagionale.

Il rispetto dello spettatore e consumatore deve avere la priorità.
Mr. Hook
Io ormai non inizio più delle serie televisive proprio per evitare di rimanere fregato (tolta qualche eccezione) e al massimo recupero solo quando è finita o hanno annunciato l’ultima stagione.
Odio veramente quando cancellano una serie con un finale aperto... soprattutto se era lodata dalla critica e amata dal pubblico (anche se non so se questo era il caso di Willow)
Fulvio84
Credo che sia stata abbastanza attaccata per una serie di cose ma nel complesso era godibile.. evidentemente non c’era tornaconto e sicuramente è costosa, specialmente la seconda stagione dal finale, si capisce che sarebbbe stata complessa.
Daydreamer
Contrordine! La stagione due è già scritta e si girerà tra qualche tempo!
E una terza stagione, forse conclusiva, pare sia in stato embrionale.

Fonte: BadTaste
Mr. Hook
Ma infatti sinceramente mi sembrava strano perché negli articoli letti da me si parlava di cancellazione, ma allo stesso tempo non chiudevano totalmente la porta a delle stagioni future.
Probabilmente vogliono aspettare tempi più lieti sul piano economico che al momento non fa sorridere molto in casa Disney.
Daydreamer
Articolo interessante sulla cancellazione e la rimozione prossima della serie su Disney+...ma anche sulla possibile produzione di nuove stagioni.

Articolo su BadTaste.
Fulvio84
La vedo dura per questa serie.
Mi dispiace…
Questa è la versione 'lo-fi' del forum. Per visualizzare la versione completa con molte più informazioni, formattazione ed immagini, per favore clicca qui.