Aiuto - Cerca - Utenti - Calendario
Versione completa: Non Disney Upcoming Animated Projects
Disney Digital Forum > * Off-Topic * > Oltre Disney
Pagine: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Hiroe
grazie per le news, scissor!:)
Scissorhands
Un Monstre à Paris (EuropaCorp)

The project is the brainchild of French director and animator Eric (Bibo) Bergeron (The Road to El Dorado, Sharks tale,) who has returned to his native country after 8 years in Hollywood, to create his new work.

Better still (continuing it seems with his new fascination of animation) Luc Besson is tipped to produce the movie. The film will apparently employ the latest 3D CGI techniques to produce a “surrealist 3D effect.” Voice talents for the film will include Vanessa Paradise, Eric Judor, Ramzy Bedia and Kevin Kline.

Synopsis: ”Paris, 1910. A terrifying creature spreads fear upon the Capital. Emile - a shy projectionist in a movie theater - and Raoul - a colorful inventor - find themselves thrown into the Monster Hunt. On this wild ride, they meet a big-hearted cabaret singer, an eccentric scientist assisted by a monkey, a ruthless Prefect of Police. And a strange creature who might not be so frightening after all. What if, behind those deceiving appearances, the true Monster was not who you'd think it is?”
Scissorhands
The Boy with the Cuckoo-Clock Heart" (EuropaCorp)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...b07522ef55dd4ba

'Cuckoo-Clock Heart' will get ani treatment
EuropaCorp., HP partner for film based on Malzieu novel

By Rebecca Leffler

May 15, 2010, 12:56 PM ET
CANNES -- French film studio EuropaCorp. has partnered with HP to make an animated feature film version of Mathias Malzieu's novel "The Boy with the Cuckoo-Clock Heart" for a fall 2011 release.

More Cannes coverage
EuropaCorp. snagged the film adaptation rights in January 2008 for the book, which has been translated into more than 15 languages. Malzieu will direct the €20 million ($25 million) project alongside Stephane Berla, with EuropaCorp. producer and Luc Besson's wife Virginie Besson-Silla set to produce in association with France's Duran Duboi, support from French TV group France 3 and a pre-buy from Canal Plus.

HP will provide its latest technology including HPZ800 workstations and HP DreamColor displays. The filmmakers will use a 2D storyboard to produce a non-relief 3D picture.

"It's not just 3D for 3D's sake. It's more old-style animation," Malzieu said Added Berla: "We like the idea that the film looks like it could have been made 50 years ago."

The film, which began production in October, is being shot in French with A-list Gallic voices including actor Jean Rochefort, actress Rossy de Palma and singers Arthur H. and Olivia Ruiz. International versions are in the works, but as for U.S. talent, "We're starting to fantasize about that, but nothing has been signed for the moment," Malzieu said.

Malzieu comes from the music world -- the artist and writer is the lead singer of rock group Dionysos, who boast three gold records. Malzieu and Dionysos will provide the soundtrack for "The Boy With the Cuckoo-Clock Heart."

"It's a real auteur film. Even we were surprised by how much freedom we had. We really took risks and pushed the boundaries of creation," Berla said of the directorial duo's collaboration with EuropaCorp. The story takes place in late 19th-century Edinburgh and follows a little boy born with a cuckoo-clock instead of a heart who chases after a girl across Europe to Andalusia.

"It's not a film dedicated just to children -- our target audience in 7-77 years old. It's transgenerational," Besson-Silla said, adding, "It's not a commercial product, but there's a real following already for both the book and the album."

After their "Arthur" franchise, EuropaCorp. is expanding into the animated realm with another 3D animated feature "A Monster in Paris," set to hit French theaters at Christmas.

Questo film prima era conosciuto come "The Mechanics of the Heart"

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/02/05/luc...into-animation/

Luc Besson Adapting The Mechanics of the Heart into Animation

February 5, 2008
Source: Variety
by Alex Billington
The Mechanics of the Heart

There used to be a time where I'd say that anything French filmmaker Luc Besson touched would be solid gold, but he has since then destroyed my impressions with that awful animated movie Arthur and the Invisibles. Oddly, it wasn't Luc Besson's fault at all, it was the studio's, who butchered it for an American release with terrible dubbing and editing. One of the most interesting bits of news to pop up the last few days was an announcement that EuropaCorp, Besson's production and distribution company, had bought the rights to Mathias Malzieu's novel The Mechanics of the Heart and would be turning it into a 3D animated movie. If things go a bit better this time, maybe this movie could actually turn out much better than Arthur and the Invisibles.

The novel was written by Mathias Malzieu and is originally titled La Mecanique du coeur (which means The Mechanics of the Heart) in French. You can pick up a copy on Amazon.fr. It later went on to inspire a music album by Dionysos. Set in 1874, the story is about a young man whose heart was replaced at birth with a clock. He should avoid strong emotions, and above all love, but can't keep his heart under control. What a wonderfully inspirational idea just right there and I'm sure the French novel has a lot more to it as well.

The novel's writer, Mathias Malzieu, will write the script and co-direct. Stephane Berla, who directed Dionysos' music videos, will co-direct and Joann Sfar, who contributed graphics for the book and album (as seen below), will collaborate in the novel-to-screen rendering. The photo below is from the Dionysos album, but is the exact same graphic used on the novel as well. It should give you an idea of the look and feeling of the animation. From that graphic alone and the description of the story above, this has quickly shot to top of my list for animated movies I'm looking forward to, which is very rare considering Pixar's dominance.

A release date hasn't been set, but considering the time frame required for animated movies, expect a release no earlier than 2010 or 2011. In the meantime, head to Amazon.fr to pick up a copy of the novel or just wait for us to bring you more updates during its development.
Scissorhands
Good Luck Trolls movie (Dreamworks Animation)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...9c06e68102f72d2

DreamWorks plans Good Luck Trolls movie
'Evergone' writers to pen animated feature

By Gregg Kilday
Share85

June 22, 2010, 06:37 PM ET
The Good Luck Trolls, with their frizzy, pastel-colored hair, are coming to the big screen via DreamWorks Animation.

The Glendale-based animation house, which has already turned an ogre into the successful "Shrek" franchise, announced Tuesday that it has pacted with Denmark's Dam Things, which controls the toy line, to develop an animated feature.

The brother-sister writing team of Adam Wilson and Melanie Wilson LaBracio will pen the screenplay, and Dannie Festa of Festa Entertainment, who brought the package to DreamWorks, will executive produce.

The troll doll was created in 1959 by Danish fisherman and woodcutter Thomas Dam, when he carved a doll based on Scandinavian trolls for his daughter Lajla. The toy line gained popularity in Europe and the U.S. during the early '60s, becoming a fad embraced by kids and the counter-culture.

Because Dam Things, the Scandinavian company that produced the toys, lost control of its copyright after failing to comply with U.S. laws, imitators flooded the market in the '70s and '80s. However, as a result of a 1994 Congressional law that restored copyright protection to a number of foreign works, the Dam family regained authority.

In 2005, DIC Entertainment produced the animated series "Trollz," with an accompanying doll line aimed at girls, but the modernized version didn't have the same success as the classic versions.

In striking the deal with DWA, Niels Dam, the dollmaker's son who now owns the family business, said, "My father would have been very happy to know that his Troll has found its dream partner in DreamWorks Animation."

Calle Ostergaard, CEO of Dam Things, added, "We have been planning to bring the Good Luck Troll toy line back into homes around the world, and we are excited to see how the talented storytellers and artists at DreamWorks Animation will bring them to life."

DWA head of development Alex Schwartz said, "We look forward to working alongside Dam Things to build on the mythology of the Good Luck Trolls while delivering the sense of adventure, heart and comedy that DreamWorks Animation is known for."

Wilson and Wilson LaBracio, who have written the features "Evergone" and "The Impossible Adventures of Phineas Roone," are repped by Festa, Preferred Artists and attorney Eric Suddleson. Dam Things is repped by Festa and attorney Jay Handlin.
Scissorhands
Updates dalla Illumination Entertainment fresca del successo di Despicable Me

http://www.deadline.com/2010/07/chris-mele...-addams-family/

Chris Meledandri's Illumination Game Plan Includes 'Despicable Me' Sequel, 'Minion' Spinoffs, Dr. Seuss, The Addams Family
By MIKE FLEMING | Tuesday July 13, 2010 @ 10:22am EDT
Tags: Adam Fogelson, Animation, Chris Meledandri, David Linde, Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2, Despicable Me Box Office, Despicable Me Cross-Promotion, Flanimals, Hop, Illumination Entertainment, Jeff Zucker, Marc Shmuger, NBC Universal, Ron Meyer, The Minions, Universal Pictures, Universal Pictures Chris Meledandri
COMMENTS (5)EMAIL THIS | PRINT THIS |
EXCLUSIVE: Three years ago, Universal Pictures brass wooed Chris Meledandri away from his president post at Fox Animation to start its first family film unit. Over the weekend, Illumination’s first effort, Despicable Me, nearly doubled Universal’s gross predictions for a $56.4 million opening. Suddenly, the Meledandri decision looks like one of the better ones made by NBC Universal in a good long time. The studio has reinforced that by making a full commitment to the venture. Illumination’s original co-financing game plan made by former chairmen David Linde and Marc Shmuger called for Universal to fund only half the operation and film budgets, and Illumination's founder and CEO Meledandri raising the rest. But that plan was delayed by the credit crunch. Then Universal chiefs Ron Meyer, Rick Finkelstein and Adam Fogelson and Donna Langley told Meledandri, in a decision that went all the way up to NBC Universal’s Jeff Zucker, that they didn’t want to share and would fully fund him. Meledandri, who has autonomy but won’t make pictures that don’t excite the studio’s toppers, sparked to Uni’s financing plan because it incentivizes hustle to release and market the films. Despicable Me, for instance, was heavily cross-promoted in NBC-Universal platforms that included network, cable and theme parks.

The result is now a momentum changer for Universal on several fronts. Despicable Me ended a prolonged hit pic slump. It plugged the studio into a hot family film marketplace after a series of adult dramas failed to earn back their oversized budgets. Most importantly, Despicable Me is the first Universal film in a while where the studio doesn't have to defend the costs and first dollar gross outlays. The film was made for $69 million with little or no gross out the door. It is a fresh IP with a sequel already in the works: Despicable Me 2 talks are already underway among the studio, Meledandri, and writers Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio.

Illumination is also making two short films featuring The Minions, the adorable yellow thumb-shaped henchmen of larcenous Gru (Steve Carell). Whether the shorts precede the next Illumination film — which would be very Pixar-ish — or find some other way to reach the audience, Universal and Illumination have begun brand building in a remarkably short time.

“What’s particularly nice is that the making of Despicable Me was probably more fluid than any film I’ve ever worked on,” Meledandri told me. “There was a clarity and a unified vision behind this film. I started the company three years ago this spring, and I am confident that this was the fastest transition of any major studio CG movie from idea to release that has ever been done.”

Right behind Despicable Me is Hop--a live-action CG film with Russell Brand voicing the Easter Bunny—which Universal releases April 1, 2011. After that is Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, most likely followed by the Ricky Gervais-created Flanimals. There is a Where’s Waldo film and Tim Burton is involved in a new version of The Addams Family, based on Charles Addams’ original drawings from The New Yorker. A bunch of original ideas are on the drawing board as well. Illumination will grow from one picture per year to two or three within the next several years.

How was Meledandri — a soft-spoken guy who can’t draw a lick but knows a good drawing when he sees one — able to mobilize so quickly? In a move Gru might admire, Meledandri appropriated the available top talent he worked with during his eight years at Fox Animation (a division involved in generating hits like Ice Age, Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Simpsons Movie, Robots and Horton Hears A Who!), put them under exclusive contract and turned them into a repertory company of artists, writers and directors who move from one family-friendly project to the next. The work is done in Illumination’s Santa Monica headquarters and a 35,000 square foot animation facility in Paris that is steps away from the Eiffel Tower, housed above an Aston Martin dealership.

Paul and Daurio, who wrote the Fox Animation hit Horton Hears A Who! before they scripted Despicable Me, wrote the script for The Lorax and will make their debuts as co-directors; Despicable Me co-director Chris Renaud, who began working with Meledandri as a storyboard artist at Ice Age producer Blue Sky, is directing The Lorax (animated films have multiple directors) and has committed to another Illumination film after that; Pierre Coffin, another Despicable Me director, is working on two Illumination projects, one of which will be Illumination’s next release after The Lorax. That'll either be Flanimals (scripted by Matt Selman, with whom Meledandri worked on The Simpsons Movie) or an original idea by Coffin; Hop writer Brian Lynch is under an exclusive writing deal; Hop director Tim Hill came from Alvin and the Chipmunks, as did that film’s exec producer Missy Imperato; Janet Healy, who produced Despicable Me with Meledandri, is producing The Lorax and another Despicable Me producer, John Cohen, is a producer on Hop; John Powell, who composed the scores for Meledandri on Robots and Ice Age 2, is composing the score for The Lorax. As for voice talent, Carell came from Horton Hears A Who!, and Brand took on Hop after providing a Despicable Me voice.

Meledandri found his way into family film by accident while a creative exec at Fox, where he spent 13 years. Working with Dawn Steel as exec producer of Cool Runnings made Meledandri the de facto family guy in the eyes of ex-Fox chief Bill Mechanic. He assigned Meledandri to spearhead the studio's Phoenix-based animation studio venture with Don Bluth, which led to the films Anastasia and Titan A.E. Meledandri had begun developing the Ice Age script by then, and when he met Chris Wedge and his team while they were generating animation for commercials, he married them to the project. Even as Titan A.E. bombed and the Bluth venture cratered, incoming studio chiefs Tom Rothman and Jim Gianopulos told Meledandri to keep going. They acquired Blue Sky Studios and Meledandri oversaw its transition from a visual effects to a CG animation studio that continues to be a catalyst for Fox’s animation success and underscores the importance of a family film unit to a major studio. The last film, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, grossed a staggering $886 million.
Scissorhands
Tarzan CGI 3D (Constantin Films)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68639

Animated Tarzan Planned for 3D
August 9, 2010

Tarzan will be making a return to the world of animation thanks to Constantin Films, reports Variety. Robert Kulzer and Reinhard Klooss will produce the CGI film for release in 3D.

Constantin, best known for films in the Resident Evil and Fantastic Four franchises, is also developing a live-action 3D adaptation of a classic literature in the form of The Three Musketeers, to be directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.

Tarzan himself has been the focus of dozens of adaptations in both film and television since his first appearance in Edgar Rice Burrough's Tarzan of the Apes in 1912. In 1999, Disney released a theatrical animated version (later spawning a cartoon series) as is currently at work adapting another Burroughs property for live action, John Carter of Mars, set for release in 2012.
Scissorhands
Imaginary Enemies (Dreamworks Animation)

http://riskybusiness.hollywoodreporter.com...tion-exclusive/

Syracuse & Addario making ‘Imaginary Enemies’ at DreamWorks Animation (exclusive)
Like 16 Retweet 1
By Jay A. Fernandez | August 19th, 2010 at 8:00 pm | View Comments

Screenwriters Joe Syracuse and Lisa Addario are busy making “Enemies.”

The married scribes are writing a new film for DreamWorks Animation with the working title “Imaginary Enemies” from an idea that originated at an internal DWA retreat a few years ago. “Shrek Forever After” director Mike Mitchell is developing the project with the writers, but he is not on board to direct at the moment.
syracuse addario 341 Syracuse & Addario making Imaginary Enemies at DreamWorks Animation (exclusive)

The germ of the concept was that the imaginary friend trope had been played out in so many ways already that the truly original approach would be the concept of the imaginary enemy. So the new project will be told from the point of view of the imaginary friends who had long been used as scapegoats by unscrupulous children looking for someone else to blame for their misdeeds. Eventually fed up, those imaginary people come looking for some payback when the kids are grown up.

In a coincidental parallel to this, DreamWorks co-founder Steven Spielberg had at one point been developing a more earnest take on this same subject, and then he was set earlier this year to direct a remake of the 1950 Jimmy Stewart imaginary-rabbit film “Harvey” for Fox with Tom Hanks a potential star. (He eventually moved on to helming an adaptation of “War Horse” for DreamWorks.)

Enthusiasm for the creative possibilities in the split worlds of the imaginary and the real has led to discussions about a possible live-action/animation hybrid, a format DWA topper Jeffrey Katzenberg has yet to try.

The UTA-repped Syracuse and Addario had been working for DWA on a ghost-related animated project called “Freakers,” and they developed the script for “Surf’s Up” at Sony Pictures Animation. The scribes additionally have the live-action comedies “Us & Them” set up at Fox with Andy Fickman (“The Game Plan”) directing and Billy Crystal starring, and “Coup d’Etat” with producer Anthony Bregman (“Please Give”).

Mitchell worked on several other DWA releases, including “Kung Fu Panda,” “Monster vs. Aliens” and “Shrek the Third.”
Scissorhands
Porco Rosso: The Last Sortie (Studio Ghibli)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68973

Acclaimed animation director Hayao Miyazaki is developing a sequel to his 1992 film Porco Rosso entitled Porco Rosso: The Last Sortie, says a report from Cut Magazine (via Nausicaa.net and AICN).

The original film told the story of an Italian World War I fighter pilot who was transformed into a pig by a magical curse. The English language release featured Michael Keaton in the titular role.

Miyazaki is quoted as saying that The Last Sortie will be set during the Spanish Civil War and that it will represent a sort of artistic escape for him at the moment, focusing on a male character after so many films with female protagonists.

A sequel to Porco Rosso would represent the first direct sequel on the part of Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli. Previously, characters have crossed over between films (as was the case with Whisper of the Heart and The Cat Returns as well as the Susuwatari creatures in both My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away.
Scissorhands
Trollhunters (Dreamworks Animation)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...259652937b378e1

Guillermo del Toro, DreamWorks Ani strike deal
EXCLUSIVE: Director to consult on films; 'Trollhunters' set up

By Borys Kit

Sept 27, 2010, 12:55 AM ET
hr/photos/stylus/82167-del_toro_guillermo_341x182.jpg

Guillermo del Toro (Getty)
Guillermo del Toro has fallen under the spell of animation and is setting up "Trollhunters," a feature project he will write and direct at DreamWorks Animation.

After visiting DWA's campus in Glendale, Calif., on a weekly basis for most of the summer, del Toro also has decided to make DWA his animation home: He will serve as a consultant and exec producer on several projects already in development, including "Kung Fu Panda 2," "Puss in Boots" and one yet-to-be-revealed project. His fingerprints will even be on DWA's next feature, "Megamind," which hits theaters Nov. 5.

In an exclusive interview with The Hollywood Reporter, del Toro said animation has caught his eye because he believes that during the next 10 years, the entertainment landscape will shift into a transmedia world -- a confluence of movies, TV, books, video and online -- and artists will need to be educated in all aspects of media.

"Transmedia," he said, "will not just be a buzz word."

The filmmaker also is convinced that animation has evolved into a medium that can attract moviegoers of all ages, including older audiences. "And I want to know it from the inside," he said. He views his role as an adviser on animated features as part of his education.

"Trollhunters," a working title, is based on a young-adult book del Toro submitted to publisher Hyperion about two weeks ago. He originally came up with the idea around the time he sold "The Strain," the vampire book trilogy he is writing with Chuck Hogan, and he has been working on it since.

"I wanted very much to develop a story that could be written for kids but dealt with a genre that was scary," he said. "It essentially combines fairy tales with modern times and is about how difficult it is to be kid. Normally, kids are idealized in animated films. But the growing pains, married with the notion that there is a world right next to us that is completely plagued by creatures of ancient lore, it's thematically fitting with the rest of my stuff."

Due to the evolutionary process of animated filmmaking, the script will be written and rewritten over a period of time, including during production. Del Toro has already started writing "Trollhunters" and plans on finishing it before he shoots "At the Mountains of Madness."

In the meantime, though, del Toro will be busy at DWA.

Guillermo Navarro, del Toro's frequent director of photography, pushed the director toward the animation house, where Navarro served as a cinematography consultant on the "Madagascar" movies. (Del Toro and Navarro aren't the only live-action filmmakers spending time at DWA; the studio also enlisted Oscar-winning cinematographer Roger Deakins to advise on the lighting in "How to Train Your Dragon.")

Del Toro said he was especially struck by what the studio accomplished with "Dragon." "They took risks with that movie with pathos and imagination and structure. It made me pay attention," he said.

Del Toro said he met with DWA CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg six months ago and they immediately clicked, so much so that del Toro agreed to work on "Megamind" before any dealmaking began. He has been helping DWA with the editing and structure of the movie, hoping to give it a brisker rhythm.

"What is fun to see is that the editing process in live action is not useful in animation," he said, laughing.

This summer, he often brought along his 14-year-old daughter to DWA in order to get a sense of how the company works. He just secured his own office there.

Del Toro believes he is joining DWA just as the company's "cultural footprint is growing," especially with movies such as "Kung Fu Panda" and "Dragon."

"Those movies went in interesting directions, and I think we will try to steer the projects that I'm involved in into those kinds of directions without making the company lose its identity," he said.

Already, he's come to realize that aspects such as layout and staging are different in animation, and so is screenplay development. "Sometimes in the live-action world, it takes weeks to get a response," del Toro said. "With (DWA), it takes a maximum a day."

The biggest difference he's seen is that in animation, "each of the steps you refine and refine and refine until its final form. It's much more malleable than a live-action movie."

Del Toro isn't abandoning live action, of course. He is beginning his fourth week of design work with Lightstorm Entertainment on his directorial project "At the Mountains of Madness." He is having a summit with Universal in three weeks at which he and his team will present a budget, art and maquettes to the studio's execs, and "cross your fingers, we hope to get a greenlight."

Meanwhile, he is in development on the "Haunted Mansion" movie at Disney and plans to produce a Universal project titled "Midnight Delivery" (most of his slate is set up at Universal). Is he starting to spread himself too thin?

"People say, 'How does he do it?' Well, I don't work on them at the same time," del Toro said. " 'Midnight Delivery,' I wrote 11 years ago. The fact that they are happening now is flattering and great, but it doesn't mean I'm writing seven screenplays at one time."

Del Toro is repped by WME and Exile Entertainment.
Beast
Doug Sweetland, da 16 anni alla Pixar e regista di 'Presto', si trasferisce alla Sony Animation per il suo primo film da regista, The Familiars.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/do...-104290038.html

Doug Sweetland, the Academy Award®-nominated director of the 2008 Pixar short "Presto," is set to direct THE FAMILIARS for Sony Pictures Animation. Sam Raimi & Josh Donen are executive producers. Adam J. Epstein and Andrew Jacobson are writing the screenplay for THE FAMILIARS, based on their just published novel.

Sweetland joins Sony Pictures Animation after sixteen years at Pixar Animation, a run that began right out of California Institute of the Arts as an animator on TOY STORY (1995) and continued with A BUGS LIFE, TOY STORY 2, MONSTERS, INC, and FINDING NEMO. Sweetland's trajectory at Pixar elevated him to animator and storyboard artist on the Academy Award-winning THE INCREDIBLES and supervising animator on John Lasseter's CARS. He is the winner of two Annie Awards for Individual Achievement in Character Animation for his work on MONSTERS, INC and FINDING NEMO. He was also nominated for an Annie Award for his character animation on TOY STORY 2.

After CARS, Sweetland pitched to Pixar the idea of a magician who forgets to feed his rabbit and suffers the consequences when his neglected co-star exacts some clever revenge. The idea evolved into Sweetland's directorial debut and the animated short, PRESTO, which was released theatrically with Pixar's 2008 hit, WALL-E. The short earned nominations for both an Academy Award and an Annie Award.

"It was clear from our first conversation with Doug that we'd found our director," said Hannah Minghella, president of production for Sony Pictures Animation. "Not only does he possess a keen story sense and a wonderful sense of humor but his passion for animation and for this project are unrivaled."

"We are very excited about THE FAMILIARS and the production team we've assembled," says Sony Pictures Digital Production President Bob Osher. "Doug Sweetland is an extraordinary animation talent who has developed his own style under the tutelage of remarkable mentors. We are delighted that our project affords him the opportunity to make his feature animation debut."

THE FAMILIARS, the first volume in the series published this month by HarperCollins, is a magical adventure and an unforgettable celebration of fantasy and friendship between wizards in training and their animal companions.

Publisher's Weekly wrote, "Screenwriters Epstein and Jacobson's children's book debut is a grand adventure with entertaining characters and magic-induced fun, written in an appropriately cinematic style." And School Library Journal said, "The consistently suspenseful narrative moves quickly and is full of twists and turns. This winning combination of action and humor will keep readers turning pages right up to the ending."

Sony Pictures Animation acquired THE FAMILIARS in June 2009. Alexa Amin, Sony Pictures Animation's vice president of development, brought the project into the studio after Russell Hollander, an executive at Raimi and Donen's production company introduced her to the property. Sweetland and author/screenwriters Epstein and Jacobson are all represented by UTA.
Claudio
CITAZIONE (Beast @ 5/10/2010, 10:58) *
Doug Sweetland, da 16 anni alla Pixar e regista di 'Presto', si trasferisce alla Sony Animation per il suo primo film da regista, The Familiars.

speriamo che almeno questo passaggio porti alla direzione di un bel film... e non come i soliti , ma con una bella storia... rolleyes.gif
Claudio
Sono curioso dei 2 film Aardmann citati in questo articolo: Arthur Christmas e Pirates... ne sapete qualcosa in più?
Scissorhands
The Familiars (Sony Pictures Animation)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70352

Doug Sweetland, the animation director best known for Pixar's 2008 animated short, "Presto," has signed on to direct The Familiars for Sony, says Heat Vision.

The animated film, to be based on the children's fantasy book series written by Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson, follows three young wizard apprentices who, after being whisked away to an evil kingdom by a nefarious queen, must rely on their animal companions -- an alley cat, a blue jay and a tree frog -- to escape.

Beast
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Dreamworks Animation)
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dr...-104698499.html

DreamWorks Animation Fires Up the Big Screen in 3D With Sequel to Critically Acclaimed 'How to Train Your Dragon' in 2013

All-Star Cast & Original Filmmakers Return for Sequel
GLENDALE, Calif., Oct. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA) today announced plans to bring the epic action-adventure of Hiccup and his courageous Viking tribe as well as Toothless and the other beloved dragon characters on the Island of Berk back to the big screen in 3D with the sequel to How to Train Your Dragon in 2013.

The second chapter to the critically acclaimed 2010 blockbuster, How to Train Your Dragon – which has grossed nearly $500 million at the worldwide box office – will again feature the all-star voice talents of Jay Baruchel, Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, TJ Miller and Kristen Wiig.

The sequel is being made under the creative guidance of Dean DeBlois, Chris Sanders, and Bonnie Arnold. It is written and directed by DeBlois and produced by Arnold. Once again based on the book series by Cressida Cowell, the sequel is executive produced by Sanders and DeBlois.

"Nothing could be more exciting for me than being charged with carrying this story forward, into the unknown reaches of Hiccup and Toothless' ever-expanding world," commented DeBlois. "Ambitions are high with this epic next chapter, and together with an incredible team of filmmakers, we plan to build upon How to Train Your Dragon's originality, boldness and heart, in hopes of once again touching audiences around the world."

"Dean, Chris and Bonnie each has a fiery passion for How to Train Your Dragon that combined is serving as the driving force behind the very bright future of DreamWorks Animation's newest franchise," said Bill Damaschke, Co-President of Production for DreamWorks Animation. "Having them on-board to lead the creative team and having our cast return to tell the next exciting chapter is a dream come true for the studio... and the first big revelation of our feature film line-up for 2013."

Scissorhands
The Little Prince (Gallic S3D)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111802569...d=3599&cs=1

'Little Prince' toon gets a helmer
Osborne will lead $63 mil production
By ELSA KESLASSY

PARIS -- Top U.S. toon helmer Mark Osborne, who co-directed "Kung Fu Panda," has been tapped to direct Gallic S3D animated feature "The Little Prince."

One of the biggest movie projects to launch from Europe this year, with a budget of E45 million ($63.4 million), "Little Prince" is produced by Aton Soumache ("Renaissance") and Dimitri Rassam ("The Children of Timpelbach").

Pic is an adaptation of Antoine de Saint-Exupery's 1943 novella, which has been translated into more than 180 languages and sold more than 80 million copies.

Osborne's involvement underscores the producers' ambition to "make 'The Little Prince' for worldwide audiences on a similar scale as Miyazaki's and Hollywood studios' films," as they previously claimed.

"Having Mark Osborne on board gives the project an international label of quality: He brings in his storytelling talent and level of experience," Rassam said.

The producers are in the process of securing an international voice cast.

Production will start in 2012 for delivery in 2014.

Soumache also is producing a $25.3 million toon skein based on "The Little Prince" via his TV shingle Method Animation.

The Gallic producers have two high-bracket pics in post-production: "Upside Down" a $57 million sci-fi romance, starring Kirsten Dunst and Jim Sturgess; and "Prodigies" a $54 million S3D motion-capture thriller.

Scissorhands
Alma (Dreamworks Animation)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70975

DreamWorks Animation to Adapt Short Alma
Source: Heat Vision
October 21, 2010

Rodrigo Blaas is in negotiations to adapt his award-winning short Alma into a full feature for DreamWorks Animation. The project, which will be executive produced by Guillermo del Toro, will mark his directorial debut.

Heat Vision says Blaas is also coming on board to co-direct DreamWorks Animation's Trollhunters with del Toro.

Blaas has worked on many Pixar movies like Finding Nemo and Up, as well as Fox's Ice Age.

Read more: DreamWorks Animation to Adapt Short Alma - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...5#ixzz13858U6Jf
GasGas
CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 9/8/2010, 18:50) *
Tarzan CGI 3D (Constantin Films)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68639

Animated Tarzan Planned for 3D
August 9, 2010

Tarzan will be making a return to the world of animation thanks to Constantin Films, reports Variety. Robert Kulzer and Reinhard Klooss will produce the CGI film for release in 3D.

Constantin, best known for films in the Resident Evil and Fantastic Four franchises, is also developing a live-action 3D adaptation of a classic literature in the form of The Three Musketeers, to be directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.

Tarzan himself has been the focus of dozens of adaptations in both film and television since his first appearance in Edgar Rice Burrough's Tarzan of the Apes in 1912. In 1999, Disney released a theatrical animated version (later spawning a cartoon series) as is currently at work adapting another Burroughs property for live action, John Carter of Mars, set for release in 2012.

un altro film animato su tarzan smile.gif mi piace , ma credo che tarzan disney rimanga e rimarrà l'unico wink.gif
GasGas
CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 23/8/2010, 20:03) *
Porco Rosso: The Last Sortie (Studio Ghibli)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68973

Acclaimed animation director Hayao Miyazaki is developing a sequel to his 1992 film Porco Rosso entitled Porco Rosso: The Last Sortie, says a report from Cut Magazine (via Nausicaa.net and AICN).

The original film told the story of an Italian World War I fighter pilot who was transformed into a pig by a magical curse. The English language release featured Michael Keaton in the titular role.

Miyazaki is quoted as saying that The Last Sortie will be set during the Spanish Civil War and that it will represent a sort of artistic escape for him at the moment, focusing on a male character after so many films with female protagonists.

A sequel to Porco Rosso would represent the first direct sequel on the part of Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli. Previously, characters have crossed over between films (as was the case with Whisper of the Heart and The Cat Returns as well as the Susuwatari creatures in both My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away.

mmmm....prima pixar, adesso anche studio ghibli si mette a fare sequel....speriamo bene
GasGas
CITAZIONE (Beast @ 12/10/2010, 11:38) *
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Dreamworks Animation)
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dr...-104698499.html

DreamWorks Animation Fires Up the Big Screen in 3D With Sequel to Critically Acclaimed 'How to Train Your Dragon' in 2013

All-Star Cast & Original Filmmakers Return for Sequel
GLENDALE, Calif., Oct. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA) today announced plans to bring the epic action-adventure of Hiccup and his courageous Viking tribe as well as Toothless and the other beloved dragon characters on the Island of Berk back to the big screen in 3D with the sequel to How to Train Your Dragon in 2013.

The second chapter to the critically acclaimed 2010 blockbuster, How to Train Your Dragon – which has grossed nearly $500 million at the worldwide box office – will again feature the all-star voice talents of Jay Baruchel, Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, TJ Miller and Kristen Wiig.

The sequel is being made under the creative guidance of Dean DeBlois, Chris Sanders, and Bonnie Arnold. It is written and directed by DeBlois and produced by Arnold. Once again based on the book series by Cressida Cowell, the sequel is executive produced by Sanders and DeBlois.

"Nothing could be more exciting for me than being charged with carrying this story forward, into the unknown reaches of Hiccup and Toothless' ever-expanding world," commented DeBlois. "Ambitions are high with this epic next chapter, and together with an incredible team of filmmakers, we plan to build upon How to Train Your Dragon's originality, boldness and heart, in hopes of once again touching audiences around the world."

"Dean, Chris and Bonnie each has a fiery passion for How to Train Your Dragon that combined is serving as the driving force behind the very bright future of DreamWorks Animation's newest franchise," said Bill Damaschke, Co-President of Production for DreamWorks Animation. "Having them on-board to lead the creative team and having our cast return to tell the next exciting chapter is a dream come true for the studio... and the first big revelation of our feature film line-up for 2013."

ovvio.....proprio non ci riescono a capire che il fatto che un film sia un successo e che addirittura sia bello non vuol dire che debbeno per forza sequelizzarlo!!!! sad.gif che imbecilli, non ho più parole....
GasGas
CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 16/10/2010, 15:22) *
The Little Prince (Gallic S3D)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111802569...d=3599&cs=1

'Little Prince' toon gets a helmer
Osborne will lead $63 mil production
By ELSA KESLASSY

PARIS -- Top U.S. toon helmer Mark Osborne, who co-directed "Kung Fu Panda," has been tapped to direct Gallic S3D animated feature "The Little Prince."

One of the biggest movie projects to launch from Europe this year, with a budget of E45 million ($63.4 million), "Little Prince" is produced by Aton Soumache ("Renaissance") and Dimitri Rassam ("The Children of Timpelbach").

Pic is an adaptation of Antoine de Saint-Exupery's 1943 novella, which has been translated into more than 180 languages and sold more than 80 million copies.

Osborne's involvement underscores the producers' ambition to "make 'The Little Prince' for worldwide audiences on a similar scale as Miyazaki's and Hollywood studios' films," as they previously claimed.

"Having Mark Osborne on board gives the project an international label of quality: He brings in his storytelling talent and level of experience," Rassam said.

The producers are in the process of securing an international voice cast.

Production will start in 2012 for delivery in 2014.

Soumache also is producing a $25.3 million toon skein based on "The Little Prince" via his TV shingle Method Animation.

The Gallic producers have two high-bracket pics in post-production: "Upside Down" a $57 million sci-fi romance, starring Kirsten Dunst and Jim Sturgess; and "Prodigies" a $54 million S3D motion-capture thriller.

questa è una notizia meravigliosa!!!! smile.gif il piccolo principe è un libro bellissimo!!!! era ora che si decidessero a realizzarne una versione animata smile.gif non vedo l'ora smile.gif !!!!!
Hiroe
anch'io sono felice per il Piccolo Principe... è semplicemente meraviglioso!

però io avevo sempre e da sempre sperato di vederne una versione Disney.... cry.gif cry.gif
Scissorhands
John Stevenson dirigerà Alien Band: The Battle of the Bands Just Got Ugly (Vanguard Animation produced)
In più vengono annunciati i nuovi progetti Vanguard:

Buzby (Vanguard Animation produced)

City of Dragons (Vanguard Animation produced)
Atomic Circus (Vanguard Animation produced)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118027013

Vanguard inks deal with 'Panda' director
John Stevenson signs producing/directing pact with company
By Dave McNary

Vanguard Films has formed an overall producing/directing deal with "Kung Fu Panda" co-director John Stevenson.

Vanguard topper John Williams made the announcement Friday at the American Film Market.

The company also unveiled a strategic alliance with former Lakeshore International President Peter Rogers? new company, Moviemill, to arrange financing and distribution for Vanguard projects.

Stevenson's first directing project for Vanguard will be the live action/CGI hybrid "Alien Rock Band" with Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics attached as a producer. Story revolves around a garage band from Earth which journeys across the Universe to qualify for a shot at superstardom in an Intergalactic Battle of the Bands.

Stevenson worked with William on "Shrek" and his credits include "Madagascar" and "James and the Giant Peach." He will also direct Vanguard's CG-animated film "Rotten Island," based on the book by Shrek author William Steig about an island where monsters reign free until a beautiful flower changes everything.

Williams and Stevenson will produce several other Vanguard titles including "Buzby," described as the world's first high speed animated romantic comedy starring fruit flies, written by Jason Mayland with Phil Robinson ("Hubert's Brain") attached to direct; "City of Dragons," a live-action martial arts movie with supernatural elements set in modern day Shanghai, written by Rob Moreland ("Space Chimps"); and "Atomic Circus," a live-action fantasy adventure story featuring a fast-talking con-man in a post-apocalyptic world, written by Athena Gam.

Rogers worked at Lakeshore Intl. for seven years, during which the company produced, financed and distributed over 40 films including "Million Dollar Baby," "Runaway Bride" and "The Exorcism of Emily Rose." Before forming Moviemill, Rogers was most recently President of Omega Entertainment, which produced "Conviction."

"Vanguard is particularly adept at painting a bull's-eye on entertainment properties that resonate with global audiences," said Rogers.

Vanguard titles include "Space Chimps," "Happily N'ever After," "Seven Years in Tibet" and "The Tuxedo." Vanguard's "On the Road," a collaboration with American Zoetrope directed by Walter Salles, has just wrapped principal photography and its rock comedy "Vinyl," directed by Sara Sugarman, is in post-production.

The deal was repped by CA
A.
Claudio
interessante shifty.gif
Beast
Da Badtaste ed Empire:

Katzenberg si sbilancia non poco e annuncia Madagascar 4, Kung Fu Panda 3,4,5,6 e Dragon Trainer 2,3 e forse anche 4,5,6,7 & 8!
Guai se sento ancora qualcuno del forum lamentarsi che la Pixar fa troppi sequel! Roftl.gif

Una valanga di sequel per la DreamWorks Animation
Il produttore Jeffrey Katzenberg aggiorna sui futuri progetti della DreamWorks Animation: ci aspettano il quarto capitolo di Madagascar e ben cinque sequel di Kung Fu Panda…

In un’intervista rilasciata a Empire Jeffrey Katzenberg, co-fondatore e produttore della DreamWorks Animation, ha parlato del futuro della compagnia rilasciando alcune dichiarazioni sui futuri sequel di alcuni prodotti animati della sua casa di produzione.

La release in Home Video di Shrek Forever After, attesa per il 6 dicembre negli U.S.A., è l'occasione per chiedere a Katzenberg se sia definitivamente calato il sipario sulla saga dell’orco verde:

I nostri film e i nostri franchise hanno in comune con Shrek il fatto di avere un inizio, uno svolgimento e una fine; non hanno un finale aperto. Ognuno dei film è il capitolo di una storia e in ogni caso noi sapevamo cos’era o poteva essere quel viaggio ancora prima di partire. Quindi già oggi posso dirvi con precisione il percorso di Madagascar. Alla fine loro ritorneranno a New York, e dovranno confrontarsi con quello, ed è ciò che faranno nel prossimo capitolo. In ogni caso, per il modo in cui quel film si concluderà, ce ne sarà probabilmente un altro…

Dunque la serie di Madagascar arriverà almeno fino al quarto capitolo. Ma Katzenberg non si ferma e aggiorna su altri progetti:

Si probabilmente ci sarà un quarto film. Invece per Kung fu Panda sono previsti sei capitoli, come abbiamo programmato nel corso degli anni. Per Dragon Trainer sono almeno tre: forse di più, ma per adesso sappiamo che la storia avrà tre capitoli. I libri in tutto sono otto...

E quando gli si fa notare che i libri sono diversi dal film risponde:

Si, ma ci sono anche elementi comuni ad entrambi …come voi sapete, ci sono molte isole nel mondo di Berk, e molte cose diverse, quindi vedremo. Ma proprio ora, oggi, sappiamo di sicuro che vogliamo raccontare tre storie, e che potremmo volerne fare anche altri. Quello che non sappiamo è come continuare oltre a quello.

Katzenberg Talks DreamWorks Sequels
Two more Dragons, five Pandas...

We sat down with DreamWorks Animation chief Jeffrey Katzenberg this week in London, and asked him about the future of the company. You can read the full interview over here, but we thought we'd particularly draw your attention to what he had to say about planned animation sequels to Kung-Fu Panda and How To Train Your Dragon and more. Namely, that we're looking at a total of four Madagascar films, six Pandas (which was already rumoured) and at least three Dragons.

We asked Katzenberg about his comments that Shrek Forever After (out on DVD Monday, and the reason he was in town) would be the last in that franchise. He replied, "What our movies and our franchises also share in common with Shrek is that they have a beginning, a middle and an end; they’re not open-ended. Each of the films is a chapter of a story and in every instance we knew what that journey was or could be before we even started.

"So today I can tell you pretty succinctly where Madagascar goes. Ultimately they will come back to New York, and they will come to terms with that, which they will do in this next chapter. Because of the way that movie concludes there’s probably one more for them…"

So a fourth?

Katzenberg: "Yeah, there’s probably a fourth there. Kung Fu Panda actually has 6 chapters to it, and we’ve mapped that out over the years. How To Train Your Dragon is at least three: maybe more, but we know there are a least three chapters to that story. There are actually 8 books."

But they’re very different from the film.

Katzenberg: "Yes. But there are elements of them that actually… as you know, there are many islands in the world of Berk, and different things there, so we’ll see. But right now, today, we know that there are three for sure that we want to tell and there may be more. We haven’t thought, you know, how do we continue beyond that."

So, is this good news or bad? Those of you who have been combing Cressida Cowell's book series - can you guess what he's hinting at on those other islands in the Dragon world? And do you want to see six Kung-Fu Panda movies? The first was gorgeously animated and rather likeable, so it might about have the pudgy legs to sustain a few sequels - right?
Scissorhands
CITAZIONE (Beast @ 4/12/2010, 23:39) *
Da Badtaste ed Empire:

Katzenberg si sbilancia non poco e annuncia Madagascar 4, Kung Fu Panda 3,4,5,6 e Dragon Trainer 2,3 e forse anche 4,5,6,7 & 8!
Guai se sento ancora qualcuno del forum lamentarsi che la Pixar fa troppi sequel! Roftl.gif

Senza parole... ci starebbe una denuncia per prostituzione...
Scissorhands
Me and My Shadow (Dreamworks Animation)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=72292

DreamWorks Animation Announces Me and My Shadow
Source: DreamWorks Animation
December 10, 2010

DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. today announced that it will bring Me and My Shadow, an original project, to the big screen in March of 2013. The studio will pioneer a groundbreaking combination of both CG and traditional animation techniques, which will be used seamlessly together throughout this 3D feature film.

Mark Dindal (Chicken Little, The Emperor's New Groove) is the film's director and Melissa Cobb (Kung Fu Panda, Kung Fu Panda 2) and Teresa Cheng (Shrek Forever After, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron) are serving as producers. Shane Prigmore (Coraline, "The Lord of the Rings") is head of story and Scott Wills (Monsters vs. Aliens, "Ren & Stimpy") and Raymond Zibach (Kung Fu Panda, The Road to El Dorado) are production designers. Nick Fletcher (Shrek Forever After, The Prince of Egypt) is serving as editor. The screenplay for Me and My Shadow, which was originally penned by both Steve Bencich and Ron Friedman (Chicken Little, Open Season), is currently being revised by writing team Tom Astle and Matt Ember (Get Smart).

"We are proud to have assembled a world-class creative team of filmmakers and artists – all of whom have vast experience on both computer generated and traditionally animated films – who is already well along in the production of 'Me and My Shadow,'" said Bill Damaschke, co-president of production for DreamWorks Animation. "Together, we are embarking on an exciting goal to break new creative ground at DreamWorks Animation by combining the time-honored tradition of hand drawn animation with the magical sophistication of CG characters and worlds in ways that have never been experienced by audiences before."

Me and My Shadow tells the story of Shadow Stan, an extremely frustrated shadow who yearns for a dynamic life but happens to be stuck with Stanley Grubb, the world's most boring human. Finally pushed to the brink, Shadow Stan breaks the singular rule of the Shadow World ("They lead, we follow"), and takes control of Stanley!

Read more: DreamWorks Animation Announces Me and My Shadow - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...2#ixzz17jrZekGk

[/quote]

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118028802

DreamWorks Animation enters 'Shadow' world
Feature to combine CG, hand-drawn animation
By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK, PETER DEBRUGE

DreamWorks Animation has set a March 2013 release date for "Me and My Shadow." The original 3D toon will seamlessly combine CG and traditional animation, marking a first for the company.
"The way 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' combined hand-drawn and live-action, this does the same, but with CG and hand-drawn," said Bill Damaschke, DWA co-prexy of production.

"Shadow" tells the story of Shadow Stan, an incredibly frustrated shadow that yearns for a more dynamic life but happens to be stuck with Stanley Grubb, the world's most boring human.Eventually pushed to the brink, Shadow Stan breaks the singular rule of the Shadow World -- "they lead, we follow" -- and takes control of Stanley.

Steve Bencich and Ron Friedman's original screenplay is being revised by the writing team of Tom Astle and Matt Ember ("Get Smart").

According to Damaschke, the creative team behind the film "are all ambidextrous, in a way. Everybody has a significant 2D movie and a significant 3D movie under their belt."

Helmer Mark Dindal previously co-directed CG feature "Chicken Little" and hand-drawn pic "The Emperor's New Groove."

Producers are Teresa Cheng ("Shrek Forever After," "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron") and Melissa Cobb, who hails from Fox Animation and produced the "Kung Fu Panda" franchise for DWA.

Other members of the team include head of story Shane Prigmore.

It's an ambitious effort for the studio, which also blended traditional toon elements with CG for one sequence in "Kung Fu Panda."

Although DreamWorks Animation's previous hand-drawn toon was "Spirit" in 2002, Damaschke estimated that half the studio's animators have 2D experience.

"Shadow" will combine "the time-honored tradition of hand-drawn animation with the magical sophistication of CG characters and worlds in ways that have never been experienced by audiences before," Damaschke said.

He said the team is already well along in production.

In the toon, the Shadow and everything in the Shadow World will be hand-drawn, while the human character and human world will be CG. The movie will alternate between the two worlds.

"It will be super-challenging but very cool," Damaschke said.

Production designers are Scott Wills and Raymond Zibach. Nick Fletcher is editor.

kuzco
QUOTE (Beast @ 4/12/2010, 23:39) *
Da Badtaste ed Empire:

Una valanga di sequel per la DreamWorks Animation
Il produttore Jeffrey Katzenberg aggiorna sui futuri progetti della DreamWorks Animation: ci aspettano il quarto capitolo di Madagascar e ben cinque sequel di Kung Fu Panda…

In un’intervista rilasciata a Empire Jeffrey Katzenberg, co-fondatore e produttore della DreamWorks Animation, ha parlato del futuro della compagnia rilasciando alcune dichiarazioni sui futuri sequel di alcuni prodotti animati della sua casa di produzione.

La release in Home Video di Shrek Forever After, attesa per il 6 dicembre negli U.S.A., è l'occasione per chiedere a Katzenberg se sia definitivamente calato il sipario sulla saga dell’orco verde:

I nostri film e i nostri franchise hanno in comune con Shrek il fatto di avere un inizio, uno svolgimento e una fine; non hanno un finale aperto. Ognuno dei film è il capitolo di una storia e in ogni caso noi sapevamo cos’era o poteva essere quel viaggio ancora prima di partire. Quindi già oggi posso dirvi con precisione il percorso di Madagascar. Alla fine loro ritorneranno a New York, e dovranno confrontarsi con quello, ed è ciò che faranno nel prossimo capitolo. In ogni caso, per il modo in cui quel film si concluderà, ce ne sarà probabilmente un altro…

Dunque la serie di Madagascar arriverà almeno fino al quarto capitolo. Ma Katzenberg non si ferma e aggiorna su altri progetti:

Si probabilmente ci sarà un quarto film. Invece per Kung fu Panda sono previsti sei capitoli, come abbiamo programmato nel corso degli anni. Per Dragon Trainer sono almeno tre: forse di più, ma per adesso sappiamo che la storia avrà tre capitoli. I libri in tutto sono otto...

E quando gli si fa notare che i libri sono diversi dal film risponde:

Si, ma ci sono anche elementi comuni ad entrambi …come voi sapete, ci sono molte isole nel mondo di Berk, e molte cose diverse, quindi vedremo. Ma proprio ora, oggi, sappiamo di sicuro che vogliamo raccontare tre storie, e che potremmo volerne fare anche altri. Quello che non sappiamo è come continuare oltre a quello.

Katzenberg Talks DreamWorks Sequels
Two more Dragons, five Pandas...

We sat down with DreamWorks Animation chief Jeffrey Katzenberg this week in London, and asked him about the future of the company. You can read the full interview over here, but we thought we'd particularly draw your attention to what he had to say about planned animation sequels to Kung-Fu Panda and How To Train Your Dragon and more. Namely, that we're looking at a total of four Madagascar films, six Pandas (which was already rumoured) and at least three Dragons.

We asked Katzenberg about his comments that Shrek Forever After (out on DVD Monday, and the reason he was in town) would be the last in that franchise. He replied, "What our movies and our franchises also share in common with Shrek is that they have a beginning, a middle and an end; they’re not open-ended. Each of the films is a chapter of a story and in every instance we knew what that journey was or could be before we even started.

"So today I can tell you pretty succinctly where Madagascar goes. Ultimately they will come back to New York, and they will come to terms with that, which they will do in this next chapter. Because of the way that movie concludes there’s probably one more for them…"

So a fourth?

Katzenberg: "Yeah, there’s probably a fourth there. Kung Fu Panda actually has 6 chapters to it, and we’ve mapped that out over the years. How To Train Your Dragon is at least three: maybe more, but we know there are a least three chapters to that story. There are actually 8 books."

But they’re very different from the film.

Katzenberg: "Yes. But there are elements of them that actually… as you know, there are many islands in the world of Berk, and different things there, so we’ll see. But right now, today, we know that there are three for sure that we want to tell and there may be more. We haven’t thought, you know, how do we continue beyond that."

So, is this good news or bad? Those of you who have been combing Cressida Cowell's book series - can you guess what he's hinting at on those other islands in the Dragon world? And do you want to see six Kung-Fu Panda movies? The first was gorgeously animated and rather likeable, so it might about have the pudgy legs to sustain a few sequels - right?

Per me ne possono fare pure 100 di quei film....basta che non rompono e non FREGANO progetti altrui....se si fossilizzano sui sequel a me va bene......
Claudio
CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 5/12/2010, 2:02) *
Senza parole... ci starebbe una denuncia per prostituzione...

... eheheh.gif eheheh.gif vero, anche per abuso... sono ridicoli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! post-6-1111346575.gif post-6-1111346575.gif
ma come si fa a pensare di potere fare kung fu panda 3,4,5,6? o dragon trainer 2,3,4,5,6,7, e 8 ????? ma sono fuori di senno????
WALY DISNEY
A dir poco sconcertato post-6-1111346575.gif post-6-1111346575.gif post-6-1111346575.gif ma pensano di andare avanti così?? Ma a questo punto preferivo altri 10 Shrek piuttosto che 6 Kung Fu Panda mellow.gif (rido da solo x questa battuta ahahahaha sto morendo!)
Arancina22
Oddio, non so se ridere o piangere, o tutti e due Roftl.gif
WALY DISNEY
Ci aspetta un decennio di soli sequels.... Saluto.gif ciao Dreamworks
Arancina22
CITAZIONE
ciao Dreamworks

LOL Roftl.gif

Mi sembra proprio che siano a corto di idee (o forse lo sono sempre stati). Rubano le idee altrui e floppano, e poi quando vedono che qualcosa incassa lo ripropongono fino all'infinito e oltre eheheh.gif
Claudio
CITAZIONE (WALY DISNEY @ 12/12/2010, 17:12) *
Ci aspetta un decennio di soli sequels.... Saluto.gif ciao Dreamworks

CITAZIONE (Arancina22 @ 12/12/2010, 17:16) *
LOL Roftl.gif

Mi sembra proprio che siano a corto di idee (o forse lo sono sempre stati). Rubano le idee altrui e floppano, e poi quando vedono che qualcosa incassa lo ripropongono fino all'infinito e oltre eheheh.gif

eheheh.gif eheheh.gif quoto!
Scissorhands
Untitled David Reynolds project (Sony Picture Animation produced)

'Finding Nemo' Scribe Writes Sony Pictures Animation Pic
By MIKE FLEMING | Wednesday December 15, 2010 @ 4:51pm ESTTags: David Reynolds, David Reynolds Sony Animation Project, Gotham Group, Movie Deals, Movies, Sony Pictures Animation, Stephan Franck
Comments (7) Email This | Print This | Bookmark and Share
Mike Fleming

Sony Pictures Animation, which made a four-picture first look deal with the Gotham Group last year, has gotten the first project up and running. It's untitled, and will be scripted by Finding Nemo scribe David Reynolds. The film's based on an original story by Stephan Franck, who is attached to direct. Franck's credits as an animator include Iron Giant, Space Jam and How to Train Your Dragon. Gotham Group's Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, Peter McHugh and Eric Robinson will produce. Karen Dufilho-Rosen will be exec producer. Reynolds got an Oscar nomination for Finding Nemo and his other credits include Chicken Little, A Bug's Life and Toy Story 3.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/finding-ne...-animation-pic/
Scissorhands
Maintenance (Dreamworks Animation)
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/hea...ie-rights-61365

EXCLUSIVE: DreamWorks Animation Nabs Movie Rights to 'Maintenance' Comic
December

Sneaking in one last deal before Hollywood shuts down for the holidays, DreamWorks Animation has picked up the movie rights to Maintenance, an Oni Press comic book, nabbing it out of turnaround from Warner Bros.

The comic, published by Oni in December, 2006, followed the exploits of two janitors who work for TerroMax, Inc., the world's biggest and best evil science think tank. When they're not dealing with toxic spill monsters and menial time machine repairs, they have to contend with their boss, a multitude of mad scientists, jetpack-equipped cavemen, alien repomen, and the cute girl who works at reception

The comic was written by Jim Massey and illustrated by Robbi Rodriguez.

Whilst at Warners, Maintenance was being developed as a directing vehicle for McG, who was also producing via his Wonderland Sound and Vision banner. Joe Ballarini worked on the script.

While it’s unclear why exactly Warners let it go, the humorous and pop cultural-referencing tone combined with a large scope described in Maintenance may be best suited for the animated world. And it seems like a project perfectly matched for DWA, which has had great success with similarly themed movies such as 2009’s Monsters vs. Aliens and the recent Superman-infused Megamind.

Maintenance is coming into DWA free and clear, with no writer, director or producers attached.

Scissorhands
Kokuriko-Zaka Kara (Studio Ghibli)

http://www.badtaste.it/index.php?option=co...1&Itemid=37

E' stato annunciato ufficialmente il prossimo film dello Studio Ghibli: si tratta dell'adattamento cinematografico del manga degli anni ottanta Kokuriko-Zaka Kara, diretto da Goro Moyazaki!

Fonte: Anime News Network via Animeita

Sarà Goro Miyazaki, figlio del leggendario regista Hayao Miyazaki, ad adattare e dirigere il manga degli anni ottanta Kokuriko-Zaka Kara: si tratta del nuovo, atteso progetto dello Studio Ghibli, annunciato proprio oggi e in arrivo in Giappone nell'estate 2011. Il film precedente di Goro, I Racconti di Terramare (2006), è considerata una delle opere minori dello Studio, e non è stato accolto con il consueto entusiasmo dai fan.

Ecco la sinossi di Kokuriko-Zaka Kara:

La storia è ambientata nel 1963, un anno prima delle olimpiadi di Tokyo, e segue la vita di una ordinaria studentessa del liceo di nome Komatsuzaki a Yokohama, una città portuale nei pressi di Tokyo. Suo padre marinaio è scomparso dopo un incidente in mare, e sua madre - una fotografa - è spesso via per lavoro. Il manga racconta la vita di tutti i giorni di Komatsuzaki, giorate fatte di risa e lacrime condivisa con i suoi amici del giornalino della scuola.
Scissorhands
Oz Wars (Vanguard Animation produced )

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=72433

Mike Johnson to Helm Animated Oz Wars
Source: Vanguard
December 15, 2010

John Williams, President and CEO of Vanguard Films, announced today the company has signed Oscar and Annie Award-nominee Mike Johnson, co-director of Corpse Bride, to direct its CG/stop-motion hybrid feature film, Oz Wars.

"Mike Johnson is a spectacular director and one of the masters of stop-motion," says Williams. "We all think 'Oz Wars' is a wildly original and commercial project that will thrill and astonish audiences. Additionally, due to revolutionary new stop-motion software, Mike will be making this world-class quality film at an unprecedentedly economical cost point."

Oz Wars, written by Rob Moreland (Space Chimps 1 & 2 and Vanguard's upcoming live action City of Dragons) and Athena Gam (Vanguard's recently announced Alien Rock Band), transforms the Oz narrative into a contemporary, freaky action-packed PG-13 audience pleaser, with Dorothy caught up in a whirlwind of warrior witches, black magic, martial arts and monsters.

"'Oz Wars' is an animated action-adventure story, but unlike most animated films, it's not just for kids," Johnson says. "The Land of Oz will be re-imagined using stop-motion to create a world that's dark, slick, sexy, and dangerous. It's long been a goal of mine to create a hard-hitting, grown-up action film using stop-motion animation. 'Oz Wars' is my opportunity to do that."

The announcement comes on the heels of an ambitious Vanguard production slate released at AFM which includes CG, live action and CG/live action hybrids. Vanguard recently announced an overall producing/directing deal with Kung Fu Panda co-director John Stevenson, whose first Vanguard directorial project will be Alien Rock Band, a live action/CGI hybrid, with musician Dave Stewart (Eurythmics) attached as a producer.

A veteran animator and director, Texas-native Mike Johnson won the British Animation Award and earned Oscar and Annie Award nominations (with co-director Tim Burton) for his feature film Corpse Bride. As an animator his credits include The Nightmare Before Christmas, James and the Giant Peach and the Emmy Award-wining children's series "Bump in the Night." Johnson's directing credits also include episodes of the Emmy Award-winning television series "The P.J.'s," and the award-winning short The Devil Went Down To Georgia, which he also produced.

Read more: Mike Johnson to Helm Animated Oz Wars - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...3#ixzz19cDAe78I
Scissorhands
Monkeys of Bollywood (Dreamworks Animation produced)

DreamWorks swings with 'Monkeys of Bollywood'
Animation studio readies first feature musical
By Rachel Abrams

Paul Berges, left, Gurinder Chadha, Stephen Schwartz and A.R. Rahman will team on DWA’s 'Monkeys of Bollywood.'
We Recommend...
Syfy, Stern in Comcast orbit
'Game' return big for BET
Lionsgate scares up 'Dibbuk'
Duran Duran tunes to new business model
IM Global to rep Bigelow indie pic
Block, Askarieh team on 'Alien'

DreamWorks Animation has gone ape for "Monkeys of Bollywood," roping in composer A.R. Rahman, Broadway lyricist Stephen Schwartz and husband-and-wife producing team Gurinder Chadha and Paul Berges to fast-track the studio's first animated feature musical.
Hindu epic poem "The Ramayana" inspired the Bollywood-style animated musical. Mumbai-set project revolves around two monkeys who try to stop an ancient demon from conquering the world.

"As soon as I heard that DreamWorks Animation envisioned making an animated Bollywood movie, I knew I wanted to be a part of it," said Schwartz in a statement. "The fact that A.R. Rahman got involved made it an even more exciting project."

DreamWorks chief creative officer Bill Damaschke and development exec Chris Kuser will oversee "Monkeys of Bollywood."

Chadha and Berges have teamed for films including "Bend It Like Beckham" and "Bride and Prejudice." Rahman scored Danny Boyle's "127 Hours" and "Slumdog Millionaire." Broadway vet and "Wicked" lyricist Schwartz scored DreamWorks' "Prince of Egypt" in 1998 and has worked on TV series including "Glee" and "Army Wives."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111803009...+Latest+News%29
Beast
Lidsville (Dreamworks animation)

La DreamWorks Animation ha annunciato di voler portare sullo schermo i personaggi creati da Sid & Marty Krofft tratti dalla serie televisiva Lidsville in onda negli States negli anni '70.
Conrad Vernon (Mostri contro Alieni, Shrek 2), fan di lunga data dei lavori dei Krofft, ha presentato il progetto alla DreamWorks Animation. I fratelli Krofft saranno i produttori esecutivi mentre il capo dello sviluppo Alex Schwartz e dello sviluppo esecutivo Chris Kuser stanno supervisionando il progetto.

Lidsville si ispirerà alla serie televisiva originale, in cui un giovane ribelle si ritrova in una realtà alternativa abitata da cappelli parlanti.

Marty Krofft ha dichiarato:

Sid e io siamo in contatto da molto tempo con Jeffrey Katzenberg e siamo eccitati di portare Lidsville alla DreamWorks Animation. E' incredibile vedere un film animato in 3d di alta qualità che viene fuori da uno dei nostri show preferiti.

http://www.badtaste.it/index.php?option=co...0&Itemid=37

Update by Scissorhands
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73694

DreamWorks Animation to Adapt Sid & Marty Krofft's Lidsville
Source: DreamWorks Animation
February 1, 2011

DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. today announced that it will bring the Sid & Marty Krofft characters from the 1970's television series "Lidsville" to the big screen in a feature film by the same name.

Conrad Vernon (Monsters vs. Aliens, Shrek 2)--animation veteran and lifelong fan of the Krofft's work--brought the project to DreamWorks Animation. Brothers Sid & Marty Krofft will serve as executive producers. Vernon, DreamWorks Animation's head of development Alex Schwartz and development executive Chris Kuser are overseeing the project at the studio.

"Sid and I have had a longstanding relationship with Jeffrey Katzenberg and we're excited to bring 'Lidsville' to DreamWorks Animation," said Marty Krofft. "It's incredible to envision a high-quality 3D animated movie being made out of one of our favorite shows."

"The Krofft brothers helped define a generation with the wildly imaginative characters and worlds they created," said Alex Schwartz, head of development for DreamWorks Animation. "I am thrilled that Conrad is joining forces with them on the first animated feature film adaptation of their work."

"Over the past year I've had the privilege of working with and getting to know Sid and Marty and I thought their brand of crazy kookiness would work well at DreamWorks Animation," added Vernon.

Lidsville will take inspiration from the premise of the original television series, in which a young rebellious kid falls into an alternate reality world of living hats and talking caps. The Los Angeles public TV station KCET Kids & Family Channel recently announced that it will feature the "Lidsville" television series in an all-new "The Sid & Marty Krofft Hour" together with H.R. Pufnstuf during its weekend programming block on Saturday and Sunday mornings from 9:30-10:30 a.m.

Read more: DreamWorks Animation to Adapt Sid & Marty Krofft's Lidsville - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...4#ixzz1DCah1pHG
Scissorhands
Mr Men (Blue Sky)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-...-animated-97252

Fox Sets 'Mr. Men' Animated Feature With Producer Shawn Levy (EXCLUSIVE)
8:56 PM 2/7/2011 by Pamela McClintock

* Comments

The Mr. Men Show
UPDATED: Roger Hargreaves' children's books will receive big-screen treatment.

Twentieth Century Fox Animation is teaming with producer Shawn Levy on a big-screen adaptation of British author Roger Hargreaves’ beloved Mr. Men illustrated children's books.

Levy produces through his Fox-based 21 Laps Entertainment. There’s no writer or director yet attached to the project.

Hargreaves wrote 48 Mr. Men books, each of which featured a new character with a dominant trait -- such as Mr. Tickle, Mr. Happy, Mr. Greedy and Mr. Nosey.

The first six titles were published in 1971. Hargreaves’ colorfully drawn characters made the stories famous, with more than 100 million copies sold worldwide in 28 countries.

Hargreaves’ Mr. Men books have been adapted into four animated television series, including Renegade Animation’s The Mr. Men Show, which aired in the U.S. on the Cartoon Network and in the U.K. on Channel Five in 2008 and 2009.

Fox Animation, headed by Vanessa Morrison, is next in theaters with the Jesse Eisenberg-Anne Hathaway voiced Rio, which bows April 15.

Levy is repped by WME.

Correction: An early version of this story said that David Heyman will also produce Mr. Men, but Heyman will not produce.
kekkomon
Ecco i prossimi film DreamWorks:
Kung Fu Panda 2 - 26 maggio 2011
Diretto da Jennifer Yuh, questo sequel sarà doppiato da Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Seth Rogen, Lucy Liu, David Cross e Dustin Hoffman, assieme a Gary Oldman, Jean Claude Van Damme, Michelle Yeoh e Victor Garber.
Po sta vivendo il suo sogno come Guerriero Dragone, proteggendo la Valle della Pace assieme ai suoi amici e maestri di kung fu, i Cinque Cicloni - Tigre, Gru, Mantide, Vipera e Scimmia. Ma la nuova vita di Po viene minacciata dall'emergenza di un formidabile villain, che progetta di utilizzare un'arma segreta e inarrestabile per conquistare la Cina e distruggere il Kung Fu.

Il Gatto con gli Stivali - 4 novembre 2011
Il film di Chris Miller, "spinoff" della saga di Shrek, sarà doppiato da Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Zach Galifianakis, Billy Bob Thornton e Amy Sedaris.
Le spade si incroceranno e i cuori si spezzeranno in questa avventura con protagonista uno dei personaggi più amati dell'universo di Shrek: il gatto con gli stivali. Si tratta di una corsa spericolata attraverso le origini del personaggio, quando si allea con Humpty Dumpty e con Kitty (Salma Hayek) per rubare la famosa Oca dalle Uova d'Oro.

Madagascar 3 - 8 giugno 2012
Diretto da Eric Darnell (Madagascar, Madagascar 2) e scritto da Noah Baumbach (Fantastic Mr. Fox), questo sequel vede il ritorno di Ben Stiller (Alex), Chris Rock (Marty), David Schwimmer (Gloria), Jada Pinkett Smith (Melman), Sacha Baron Cohen, Cedric The Entertainer e Andy Richter, ancora in lotta per riuscire a tornare nel loro amato zoo della Grande Mela. Ma il loro viaggio li porterà attraverso l'Europa dove troveranno una copertura ideale: un circo ambluante, che loro reinventeranno in stile Madagacar.

Rise of the Guardians - 21 novembre 2012

Basata sul libro di prossima uscita scritto da William Joyce, questa avventura intrigante sarà diretta da Peter Ramsey (Monsters vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space) e da Joyce stesso. Chris Pine, Alec Baldwin, Hugh Jackman, Isla Fisher e Jude Law saranno le voci di una collezione di noti personaggi leggendari per ragazzi, riunite in un avventura epica che racconta la storia di un gruppo di eroi - ognuno con delle capacità straordinarie. Quando uno spirito malvagio, conosciuto come Pitch, tenta di conquistare il mondo, gli immortali Guardiani devono unire le forze per la prima volta, per difendere le speranze, le credenze e l'immaginazione dei bambini di tutto il mondo.

The Croods - 1 marzo 2013
Scritta e diretta dal due volte nominato agli Oscar Chris Sanders (Dragon Trainer, Lilo & Stitch) e Kirk DeMicco (Space Chimps), questa commedia ci riporta indietro in un'era mai esplorata nella storia del nostro pianeta, il "Croodaceous", quando la natura si stava ancora formando ed era piena di creature e paesaggi mai visti prima. The Croods, una famiglia introversa, si ritrova guidata, fuori dalla propria caverna nel mondo dinamico, da un nuovo arrivato pieno di risorse, che potrebbe portare più stress che sollievo al patriarca della famiglia. Nicolas Cage, Ryan Reynolds, Emma Stone, Catherine Keener, Clark Duke e Cloris Leachman saranno i doppiatori.

Turbo - 7 giugno 2013
Diretto da David Soren (Merry Madagascar), Turbo racconta la storia di una lumaca da giardino con un sogno impossibile: diventare la lumaca più veloce al mondo. Quando uno strano incidente gli da la straordinaria velocità, Turbo ha intenzione di realizzare il suo sogno. Non sono stati ancora annunciati doppiatori.

Me and My Shadow - 8 novembre 2013
Mescolando CGi e animazione classica, Mark Dindal (Chicken Little, Le Follie dell'Imperatore) dirige un film che racconta la storia di Shadow Stan, un'ombra estremamente frustrata che desidera ardentemente una vita più dinamica, ma che è bloccata con Stanley Grubb, l'uomo più noioso del mondo. E finalmente Shadow Stan riuscirà a infrangere la singolare regola del mondo delle ombre – "loro conducono, noi seguiamo" – e prende il controllo di Stanley! Non sono stati ancora annunciati doppiatori.

Mr. Peabody & Sherman - 21 marzo 2014
Diretto da Rob Minkoff (Stuart Little, Il Re Leone) e basato sui corti animati della serie "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show", il film segue le vicende di Mr. Peabody (doppiato da Robert Downey, Jr.), la persona più alla moda del mondo. Lui e il suo coccolatissimo figlio, Sherman, scoprono che qualcuno ha rubato la loro macchina del tempo WABAC, cambiando i momenti della storia con risultati comici e disastrosi. Spetterà a questa incredibile coppia tentare in qualche modo di fermare il cattivo, prima che le sue azioni distruggano il continuum spazio-temporale.

Dragon Trainer 2 - 20 giugno 2014
Diretto e scritto da Dean DeBlois (Dragon Trainer) il sequel vede il ritorno al doppiaggio di Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler, Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, TJ Miller e Kristen Wiig. La storia di questo attesissimo sequel non è stata ancora svelata.

FONTE: BadTaste
Beast
2011 e 2012 da vomito con sequel a iosa sick.gif, mentre il 2013 sembra molto interessante (purtroppo diavoletto.gif) con il ritorno di Sanders e My and My Shadow. A proposito, non vi scende una lacrimuccia a leggere questo estratto della descrizione del film (lo metto in inglese perché mi sembra più d'effetto):

CITAZIONE
In Me and My Shadow, which will be released on November 8, 2013, the studio will pioneer a groundbreaking combination of both CG and traditional animation techniques seamlessly together throughout the film.

A me ricorda tanto quello che si diceva di Rapunzel, invece ora saranno loro a farlo. not.gif

Qualche altra considerazione:
- è impressionante vedere quanti nomi provienienti dalla Disney ci siano a capo di questi film;
- sembrano voler curare di più i sequel, visto che per lasceranno a DeBlois più 4 anni per lavorare a Dragon Trainer 2;
- sono molto curioso di sapere cosa presenterà la Pixar contro Sanders e Me and My Shadow nel 2013.
Claudio
quanti film!!! a parte i sequel, sono curiosissimo di guardians ,the croods e me and my shadows
Beast
Untitled Madagascar Penguins spinoff (Dreamworks Animation)

DreamWorks Developing 'Madagascar' Penguins Spinoff Movie (Exclusive)

DreamWorks Animation"Megamind" scribes Alan J. Schoolcraft and Brent Simons tapped to pen the project.
The penguins of DreamWorks Animation's Madagascar movie fame are graduating to their own feature film.

Alan J. Schoolcraft and Brent Simons, the writers behind DWA's Will Ferrell-voiced Megamind, have been tapped to tackle the project, which will feature the paramilitary parables of plucky penguins Skipper, Kowalski, Private and Rico.

The four paramilitary avians from Antarctica are secondary but scene-stealing characters in the Madagascar movies, the third of which is scheduled to hit theaters in 2012. In a sign of the foursome's fanning fashionability, when the first movie hit Blu-ray, "The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper," an animated short featuring the penguins,was one of the extras.

The characters were also spun off in a CGI-animated TV show titled The Penguins of Madagascar that aired on Nickelodeon; it finished 2010 as the second most-watched animated show behind SpongeBob SquarePants amongst ages 2-11. The show is now in its second season.

No release date has been set for the feature, which at this stage has no director (or, in the case of many animated films, co-directors). Schoolcraft and Simons will develop the story and write the script.

Megamind, which was Schoolcraft and Simon's first produced script, grossed over $319 million worldwide. It began life as a spec titled Mastermind intended to be a live-action film but was later reconfigured when DWA bought it as the company's first spec script.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/drea...-spinoff-172353

Uno spin-off per i Pinguini di Madagascar
Gli sceneggiatori di Megamind, Alan J. Schoolcraft e Brent Simons, scriveranno per la Dreamworks Animation la sceneggiatura dello spin-off dedicato ai Pinguini di Madagascar...

I celebri pinguini della fortunata serie Madagascar torneranno in un film tutto loro: la Dreamworks Animation ha affidato ad Alan J. Schoolcraft e Brent Simons, sceneggiatori di Megamind, il compito di sviluppare e scrivere la sceneggiatura dello spin-off, in cui i paramilitari e impavidi pinguini Skipper, Kowalski, Soldato e Rico saranno protagonisti assoluti.

I quattro pinguini sono già apparsi nei primi due film di Madagascar, torneranno anche nel terzo capitolo in arrivo nel 2012 e sono stati protagonisti di un corto animato "Pinguini di Madagascar in Missione Natale" e della serie animata in CGI trasmessa su Nickelodeon, rivelatasi la serie più vista, dopo Spongebob, dai bambini tra i 2 e gli 11 anni.

Al momento non è stata fissata una data di uscita e non ci sono registi legati al progetto.

http://www.badtaste.it/index.php?option=co...8&Itemid=37
Claudio
ma quanti titoli in lavorazione o in futuro hanno questi della Dreamworks??
come per il gatto con gli stivali anche il sequel dei pinguini ..speriamo sia bello...
gatto e pinguini sono personaggi ben riusciti, e loro li stanno sfruttando al massimo... speriamo vengano fuori bene ...
Mario
Cioè, no, scusate... la Dreamworks sta facendo uscire quasi 3 film d'animazione all'anno e la Disney che fa???? Fa uscire il suasso nella manica... WINNIE THE POOH??!!? Lo sterminatore dei boxoffice!!??!! Qui c'è da mettersi le mani ai capelli!!! Ma a questo punto sapete che vi dico?? Spero che la Disney chiuda gli studios, visto che non hanno più voglia di fare le cose sul serio!!!!! ranting.gif CHE VERGOGNA!!!!!!
Teo
Certo che quelli della Drimuorcs vogliono proprio raschiare il fondo del barile quando si tratta di un film di successo:
Shrek: 4 film più spin-off del Gatto più vari special
Madagascar: 3 film più serie tv più spin-off dei pinguini
...meno male che Bee Movie è stato un flop!
Beast
CITAZIONE (Teo @ 30/3/2011, 15:38) *
...meno male che Bee Movie è stato un flop!

No, dai, uno spinoff su Sting versione animata ci stava! Roftl.gif
Scissorhands
The Story of Ferdinand (Blue Sky)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74367

Fox Animation to Tell The Story of Ferdinand
Source: Vulture
February 18, 2011

The classic children's book, The Story of Ferdinand has been slated for development at 20th Century Fox Animation, Vulture is reporting.

The book, published in 1936 from author Munro Leaf and illustrator Robert Lawson, tells the story of a bull whose only desire in life is to smell flowers and refuses to fight when placed in a bullfighting arena.

The story (which was actually banned in several countries for its allegedly pacfifist undertones) was adapted by Walt Disney in 1938 as a short animation. In charge of developing the film for a full-length (presumably CGI) feature is said to be director Carlos Saldanha, the man behind all three of the studio's Ice Age films as well as the upcoming Rio.

Read more: Fox Animation to Tell The Story of Ferdinand - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...7#ixzz1IY5xBkrd

Scissorhands
Pinocchio (stop motion) (Jim Henson Co.)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74326
cliccare sull'articolo per le immagini

First Images From Pinocchio
Source: The Jim Henson Company
February 17, 2011

It's been some time since it was first announced that Guillermo del Doro would be developing a stop-motion version of Pinocchio alongside the Jim Henson company. Today, as the studio announced its partnership with the European company, Pathe, the first pre-production images have been released as well. Check them out, along with the official press release, below:

Guillermo Del Toro and The Jim Henson Company have joined forces with Pathe to develop and produce a 3D stop motion animated version of PINOCCHIO based on the edition of Carlo Collodi's classic tale illustrated by Gris Grimly. Grimly will co-direct with Mark Gustafson (Animation Director on THE FANTASTIC MR. FOX). The team plans to move forward with production of the film later in 2011.

In this new version of one of the world's best-loved tales, the puppet Pinocchio embarks on a series of extraordinary and thrilling adventures, proving himself to be as indestructible as his love for his father.

Del Toro and his frequent collaborator Matthew Robbins have been developing the screen story over the past year, and Robbins wrote the screenplay. Del Toro will produce with Lisa Henson and Jason Lust of The Jim Henson Company and Allison Abbate (THE FANTASTIC MR. FOX, TIM BURTON'S CORPSE BRIDE, FRANKENWEENIE). Gary Ungar will serve as executive producer, as will Francois Ivernel and Cameron McCracken for Pathe. Veteran rock musician and film composer Nick Cave will serve as music consultant for the production.

The team will develop the puppets and other 3D elements with UK-based MacKinnon and Saunders, which has performed the same duties on THE FANTASTIC MR. FOX and TIM BURTON'S CORPSE BRIDE and FRANKENWEENIE.

"I believe that our tale of PINOCCHIO recaptures the darker, more daunting aspects of the book that have been missing from previous film incarnations and takes advantage of all the allegorical aspects of the tale. Gris and Mark have a clear vision of this world. Matthew, the directors and I have constructed an adaptation that I feel enormously proud of," said Guillermo Del Toro.

"Stop motion animation will be a new style of telling this well-known tale, a hand-crafted style with which we were eager to work since it requires a high level of artistry and craftsmanship that is similar to the work of The Jim Henson Company," said Lisa Henson, CEO of The Jim Henson Company.

"There is a perfect match between the visionary world of Guillermo, the story of Pinocchio and Gris' wonderful illustrations. The talent and experience of the Henson team will ensure that Gris, Mark and Guillermo's vision comes to life in the most thrilling way," said Francois Ivernel, Executive Vice-President, Pathe.

Read more: First Images From Pinocchio - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...6#ixzz1IY6UKsDy

http://collider.com/guillermo-del-toro-pin.../76655/?_r=true
Guillermo del Toro and Jim Henson Company Developing 3D Stop-Motion Animated PINOCCHIO
by Matt Goldberg Posted:February 17th, 2011 at 10:31 am

0diggsdigg

pinocchio-stop-motion-concept-art-slice-01

Guillermo del Toro, The Jim Henson Company, and Pathe are set to produce a 3D stop-motion animated adaptation of Pinocchio. Deadline reports that Gris Grimly and Mark Gustafson (animation director for Fantastic Mr. Fox) will direct the new version which will be “edgier” than the 1940 Disney adaptation. Grimly illustrated a 2002 book based on the character that will serve as the basis for the project. Del Toro and collaborator Matthew Robbins (Mimic, Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark) crafted the story with Robbins penning the script.

Hit the jump for more exciting details on this project, including the participation of writer/composer Nick Cave (The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford).

pinocchio-stop-motion-concept-art-01According to Deadline, the new version is “aimed at an audience 10 years and up, and a bit scarier than the Disney film.” (although as a kid, I remember the Disney version being slightly terrifying). Del Toro tells Deadline:

“There has to be darkness in any fairy tale or children’s narrative work, something the Brothers Grimm, Hans Christian Anderson and Walt Disney understood. We tend to call something Disney-fied, but a lot of people forget how powerfully disturbing the best animated Disney movies are, including those kids being turned into donkeys in Pinocchio. What we’re trying to do is present a Pinocchio that is more faithful to the take that [original author Carlo Colodi] wrote. That is more surreal and slightly darker than what we’ve seen before.”

Although can anything really be more terrifying than Roberto Benigni’s attempt to play the character in 2002?

Del Toro explained what he means when he says this new Pinocchio will be “more surreal and slightly darker” than the Disney version:

“The Blue Fairy is really a dead girl’s spirit. Pinocchio has strange moments of lucid dreaming bordering on hallucinations, with black rabbits. The sperm whale that swallows Pinocchio was actually a giant dogfish, which allows for more classical scale and design. The many mishaps Pinocchio goes through include several near-death close calls, a lot more harrowing moments. The key with this is not making any of it feel gratuitous, because the story is integrated with moments of comedy and beauty. He’s one of the great characters, whose purity and innocence allows him to survive in this bleak landscape of robbers and thugs, emerging from the darkness with his soul intact.”

Guillermo del Toro image Hellboy 2 (1)If all of this emerging from the mind of del Toro doesn’t sound amazing enough, then how’s this: Nick Cave will be the music consultant and “the puppets and 3D elements will be developed with McKinnon and Saunders, the UK-based facility that worked on Fantastic Mr. Fox, Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride, and the upcoming Frankenweenie.

The project was originally developed in 2006 with del Toro intending to direct. Instead, he decided to do Pan’s Labyrinth and has since been unable to find time to handle it personally. However, the brilliant writer-producer-director says,

“We’ve designed key frames and characters, we know the mood and the feel, we’ve created a bible. Shooting stop motion animation takes a lot time, but we’ve got the right team and I will be there for daily or weekly updates on how it’s going.”

Del Toro is currently set to direct an R-rated big-budget 3D adaptation of H.P. Lovecraft’s At the Mountains of Madness with James Cameron producing and Tom Cruise attached to star. They hope to receive a green light from Universal Pictures in two weeks and start production by May.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/guillermo-...nson-and-pathe/

Guillermo Del Toro Starting Stop-Motion 'Pinocchio' Feature With Henson And Pathe
By MIKE FLEMING | Thursday February 17, 2011 @ 12:47pm ESTTags: Allison Abbate, Cameron McCracken, Carlo Colodi, Francois Ivernel, Gary Ungar, Gris Grimly, Guillermo Del Toro,

Though he’s an accomplished multi-tasker, how does del Toro have time to get involved in an animated feature getting underway at the same time? He told me that when he and Robbins originally did the screenplay nearly four years ago, he intended to direct. Del Toro has long been a stop motion fan. “I’ve had a special effects house for a decade in Mexico, and we were one of the first stop motion animated houses where a lot of influential animators trained,” he said. ”I put that down to do Pan’s Labyrinth and when Matthew and I came back to it in 2008, we added some great ideas that made it funnier and livelier, and we enlisted the aid of Nick Cave. For me, it was most important to find that voice and a big part of that is the music of the movie. But I could not make the time to direct it myself.”

His choice was Grimly ( whose original book animation was the project’s catalyst) and Gustafson, who was animation director of The Fantastic Mr. Fox, the Wes Anderson-directed stop motion adaptation of the Roald Dahl tale.

“We’ve designed key frames and characters, we know the mood and the feel, we’ve created a bible,” del Toro said. “ Shooting stop motion animation takes a lot time, but we’ve got the right team and I will be there for daily or weekly updates on how it’s going,” the tireless del Toro said.
Questa è la versione 'lo-fi' del forum. Per visualizzare la versione completa con molte più informazioni, formattazione ed immagini, per favore clicca qui.