Aiuto - Cerca - Utenti - Calendario
Versione completa: Non Disney Upcoming Animated Projects
Disney Digital Forum > * Off-Topic * > Oltre Disney
Pagine: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Teo
Nooooooo...fanno un film in CGI su uno delle mie Silly preferite?
Ma la Disney non ha più i diritti? Che schifezza!

Su Pinocchio non commento...dopo Pinocchio 3000 è difficile che facciano peggio!
Claudio
pinocchio in stop motion? huh.gif
Scissorhands
Turbo (Dreamworks Animation)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=75031

Turbo will be released on June 7, 2013. It is being directed by David Soren (Merry Madagascar), who first brought the project to the studio, and produced by Lisa Stewart (Monsters vs. Aliens). It is being written by Darren Lemke (Shrek Forever After) together with Soren. Turbo tells the story of an ordinary garden snail with an impossible dream: to become the fastest snail in the world. When a freak accident gives him extraordinary speed, Turbo sets out to try to make this dream come true.

Read more: DreamWorks Animation Announces Slate Through 2014 - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...1#ixzz1IYSdIc6L

Scissorhands
Aggiornate le date di uscita dei prossimi film Dreamworks fino al 2014:

Madagascar 3 (6/8/12)
The Guadians (aka Guardians of Childhood) (11/2/12)
The Croods (aka Crood Awakening) (3/1/13)
Turbo (6/7/13)
Me and My Shadow (11/8/13)
Mr Peebody & Shermann (3-20-14)
How to Train Your Dragon Sequel (6/20/14)
Scissorhands
Rumblewick (Dreamworks Animation)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=74909

DreamWorks Animation Conjures Up Rumblewick
Source: DreamWorks Animation
March 3, 2011

DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. today announced that it will bring Rumblewick to the big screen. Director Tim Johnson (Over the Hedge, Antz) and writer Jim Herzfeld (Meet the Fockers, Meet the Parents) are collaborating on the feature project, which is inspired by the children's book, "My Unwilling Witch (The Rumblewick Letters)" by Hiawyn Oram and Sarah Warburton. DreamWorks Animation development executives Chris Kuser and Gregg Taylor are overseeing the project at the studio.

"The fascinating world of witches and witches' familiars is perfectly suited for the medium of animation, where anything goes," said DreamWorks Animation's Chief Creative Officer, Bill Damaschke. "Combined with the magically creative and comedic sensibilities of Tim Johnson and Jim Herzfeld, we look forward to bringing the world of 'Rumblewick' to life."

"The odds are stacked against our main character, a hard-working rabbit. Telling the story of his struggle and triumph is a fantastic journey. I know audiences are going to fall in love with 'Rumblewick,'" added Tim Johnson.

Rumblewick will follow the adventures of a magician's rabbit for whom the invitation to learn real magic and train as a witch's familiar seems like a dream come true! But the dream becomes a nightmare when he discovers he's really a pawn in a game between rival witches. Having learned the hard way that when something seems too good to be true it probably is, he must outsmart them both to save his fuzzy little hide.

Read more: DreamWorks Animation Conjures Up Rumblewick - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...9#ixzz1IYWgXOJN

Scissorhands
Flawed Dogs (Dreamworks Animation)
Precisiamo che prima era un progetto Disney

http://collider.com/flawed-dogs-berkley-br...nimation/76119/

DreamWorks Animation to Adapt FLAWED DOGS from BLOOM COUNTY Cartoonist Berkeley Breathed
by Matt Goldberg Posted:February 14th, 2011 at 8:27 am

0diggsdigg

flawed-dogs-artwork-slice-01

DreamWorks Animation knows where their bread is buttered and it’s buttered on the side of talking animals with snarky faces. The company plans to adapt the illustrated novel Flawed Dogs, which was written and illustrated by Bloom County cartoonist Berkeley Breathed. Per Variety, “Story centers around a dachshund who must reclaim his place in the family after being wrongly exiled by a jealous show dog.” I hope there’s mention that that the show dog has fucking papers and can’t be boarded.

Breathed will serve as an executive producer on the film. He said in a statement, “All my stories are sparked by a nugget of truth hiding in plain sight. In this case, it’s that all animals dream… but only dogs dream of us.” Awwwww. Hit the jump for a synopsis of Breathed’s novel.

Here’s a synopsis of Berkley Breathed’s Flawed Dogs:

Pulitzer Prize-winning Berkeley Breathed’s first illustrated novel!

Sam the Lion is actually a priceless dachshund, bred to be a show dog. More important, he is Heidy’s best friend—and she needs one like never before. Living with her reclusive uncle is hard, but Sam has a way of making her feel soft and whole. Until the day Sam is framed by the jealous poodle Cassius, and is cast out by Heidy’s uncle, alone on the wild streets, where he is roughed up by a world he was not bred for. Sporting a soup ladle for a leg, Sam befriends other abandoned dogs and journeys all the way to the Westminster Dog Show, where his plan for revenge on Cassius takes an unexpected turn when he and Heidy spot each other after years of being apart.

Pulitzer Prize winner and New York Times bestselling author Berkeley Breathed’s first illustrated novel is a heartwarming and humorous ode to the unconditional and lasting love we and our pets share. [Amazon]

—flawed-dogs-book-cover-01

Claudio
quanti film sfornano!
ma nel 2012 si parte sono da agosto? prima non c'è niente?
sono curiosissimo di the guardians e the croods
Scissorhands
Muncle Trogg (Sony Animation)
http://www.deadline.com/2011/03/sony-anima...s-muncle-trogg/

Sony Animation Acquires 'Muncle Trogg'

By MIKE FLEMING | Thursday March 31, 2011 @ 12:15pm EDT
Tags: Michelle Raimo-Kouyate, Muncle Trogg, Sony Pictures Animation
COMMENTS (1)EMAIL THIS | PRINT THIS |

Sony Pictures Animation has bought screen rights to the Janet Foxley children's novel Muncle Trogg. It is the first acquisition made by Michelle Raimo-Kouyate since she joined as president of production. She made the deal with Sony Pictures Digital Productions president Bob Osher. The book is about a fairytale community based inside a volcano, and hidden away from humans. Jane Startz will be exec producer and Kane Lee will be co-producer.

"There are strong characters, relatable themes, a unique world and tons of inherent comedy," said Raimo-Kouyate. "As soon as I read Muncle Trogg, I knew this would speak to the kinds of animated movies I want to make at Sony Pictures Animation."

The division most recently released Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs and has The Smurfs coming up with Sony Pictures.
Scissorhands
CITAZIONE (Claudio @ 4/4/2011, 19:02) *
quanti film sfornano!
ma nel 2012 si parte sono da agosto? prima non c'è niente?
sono curiosissimo di the guardians e the croods

le date sono all'americana, quindi è giugno e novembre... cmq si, quell'anno solo 2 film
Beast
CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 4/4/2011, 19:10) *
le date sono all'americana, quindi è giugno e novembre... cmq si, quell'anno solo 2 film

"Solo" eheheh.gif
Sono incredibili, hanno appena annunciato la scaletta per un bel po' di anni e già sviluppano decine di altri progetti! post-6-1111346575.gif
Claudio
CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 4/4/2011, 19:10) *

grazie wink.gif hanno comunque tantissimi film in programma w00t.gif
Scissorhands
Ugly Doll Movie (Illumination Entertainment)

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/chris-mele...-animated-film/

Chris Meledandri's Illumination To Turn Uglydoll Into Animated Film
By MIKE FLEMING | Thursday May 26, 2011 @ 10:04am EDTTags: Chris Meledandri, David Horvath, Larry Stuckey, Sun-Min Kim, Uglydoll
Comments (16)
Mike Fleming

EXCLUSIVE: Illumination Entertainment chief Chris Meledandri has acquired rights to turn the Uglydoll franchise into an animated feature film. Universal Pictures and Illumination will develop the film based on the global line of Uglydoll characters launched by husband-wife artist team David Horvath and Sun-Min Kim. Meet the Fockers scribe Larry Stuckey will write the script, inspired by the dolls and stories created by Horvath and Kim. Meledandri will produce, and Horvath and Kim will be executive producers through their Pretty Ugly LLC banner. The plan is to start with the feature and then branch into a wider range of media opportunities.

Meledandri told me he first started seeing the designs at the Giant Robot store near his home over a decade ago, and "I remember the immediate appeal and connection that the characters had for me. They are simple in design, expressive in personality, and once I got to know David and Sun-Min, I learned there was a mythology and a world behind this," he said. "The personality and level of wit reminded me of the illustrated work I saw from Matt Groening before he did The Simpsons. The characters have a cult following, and they've been very restrictive in where and how they've sold them. It has been a small cottage industry, but it seems just right for us in terms of the potential for a growth curve. Most importantly, the strength cuts to the heart of our strategy, which is, to start from the perspective of characters we feel have unique appeal to audiences, regardless of age."

Illumination, whose first release Despicable Me is being turned into a Universal theme park attraction, followed with Hop and is also developing a stop-motion film based on the original Addams Family characters created by Charles Addams, with Tim Burton directing. Illumination recently cast Taylor Swift, Danny DeVito, Ed Helms, Zac Efron, Rob Riggle and Betty White to provide the principal voices for The Lorax, the film based on the Dr. Seuss book. Meledandri's also got a CG-animated feature in the works, based on Ricky Gervais' book series Flanimals. On the personnel front, Illumination yesterday hired Universal Pictures marketing president Eddie Egan to head its marketing.
Scissorhands
Beasts of Burden (Reel FX / Walden Media)

http://www.badtaste.it/articoli/andrew-ada...n-beasts-burden

Andrew Adamson torna all'animazione con Beasts of Burden
Inserito da Andrea Francesco Berni
14 giugno 2011 - 18:00
Fonte: THR
1Share

Beasts of Burden, fumetto della Dark Horse, sta per diventare un film per mano di Andrew Adamson, che guiderà il progetto anche in veste di produttore.

Ne dà notizia l'Hollywood Reporter, che fa notare come questo film sancisca per Adamson un ritorno all'animazione in computer grafica dai tempi di Shrek 2 (2004), dopo aver diretto e prodotto i primi due episodi delle Cronache di Narnia.

L'adattamento di Beasts of Burden verrà prodotto da Adamson insieme ad Aaron Warner della Strange Weather Films e a Mike Richardson della Dark Horse Entertainment. Nel progetto verranno coinvolte anche la Reel FX e Walden Media, specializzate in CG.

Evan Dorkin (Milk & Cheese) e Jill Thompson (Scary Godmother) hanno creato i personaggi, comparsi la prima volta nel volume intitolato The Dark Horse Book of Witchcraft, che si aggiudicò due Eisner Awards per la miglior storia breve e per il miglior disegnatore.

Beasts of Burden è ambientato in una comunità chiamata Burden Hill, dove si verificano una serie di eventi soprannaturali, costringendo un gruppo di cani – e un gatto – a collaborare per proteggere i loro proprietari e gli altri residenti della città.

Andrew Adamson, prima di realizzare questo progetto, deve però prima terminare quello sul Cirque du Soleil e dirigere Mister Pip con Hugh Laurie.

Tra gli adattamenti Dark Horse è invece in lavorazione anche il film di R.I.P.D. con Ryan Reynolds e Jeff Bridges per la Universal.

Scissorhands
King Kong (Blue Sky)

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/fox-animat...ing-kong-story/

Fox Animation Takes On King Kong Story
By MIKE FLEMING | Tuesday June 7, 2011 @ 12:52pm EDTTags: Bob Snow, Christian Magalhaes, Fox Animation, King Kong, Shawn Levy, Ted Field
Comments (15)
Mike Fleming

EXCLUSIVE: Rise of the Planet of the Apes isn't the only case where a film division at 20th Century Fox is monkeying around with a primate picture. Fox Animation has set the team of Christian Magalhaes & Bob Snow to write a modern day twist on the King Kong story. It will be animated, and will tell the story from the vantage point of the ape. It's an interesting take on the material, because let's face it, Kong got a bum deal and had no way to verbally complain about it. It is based on a story by Mike Weber, who'll also produce.

Shawn Levy's 21 Laps will produce with Ted Field's Radar Pictures. Magalhaes & Snow's recent spec script Murder of a Cat made the Black List and is in the process of being set up. Gersh and Madhouse rep the scribes.
Beast
La Paramount aprirà un suo studio d'animazione, la Paramount Animation, il cui primo film uscirà nel 2014. Sembra quindi che Paramount si prepari a scaricare la Dreamworks Animation, il cui contratto scade a fine 2012. Katzenberg sembra essere disperatamente alla ricerca di un nuovo partner, ma tutte le major hanno già i loro studi: Disney, Fox, Sony e Universal hanno rifiutato categoricamente qualsiasi trattativa e ora Jeffrey sta supplicando la Warner, che gli aveva detto no già un anno fa. E dire che l'anno scorso con gran faccia tosta aveva proposto alla Universal di vendergli la Dreamworks e in cambio diventare loro presidente. Ora il suo stato di difficoltà è reso ancora peggiore dal calo delle vendite dei biglietti 3D, dopo che era stato proprio lui a promuovere apertamente la nuova tecnologia e a invitare i cinema ad alzare i prezzi. Tanto per dare un'idea, le azioni della Dreamworks Animation sono scese del 20% negli ultimi 12 mesi. Katzencoso ci rimetterà parecchio... diavoletto.gif

Fonte: Deadline

Paramount Expects DreamWorks Toon Exit; Studio Starts Paramount Animation Unit; Jeff Katzenberg Zeroing In Time Warner

EXCLUSIVE: The studio's new unit called Paramount Animation will start producing one toon a year in 2014 and beyond. The studio will launch immediately a search for the top executive who will report to Paramount Motion Picture Group President Adam Goodman. There's no word yet if Gore Verbinski's recent Rango will have a sequel, but if it does it would be produced under this new banner. But what does this mean for Paramount's distribution relationship with DreamWorks Animation which ends on December 31st of 2012? "We did offer them a one-year extension on the same terms of what we have," a Paramount exec tells me.

"But Jeffrey has indicated his desire to get a better deal. And so for us long term, it only makes sense if it's improved beyond that. Given everything else that we have going on, it's the only thing that makes sense for us." Word is from folks whom Katzenberg has approached that he's interested in a sale as part of a new distribution deal. And I've learned that his current energies are focused on Time Warner after being turned down by Comcast (DWA & Comcast: Who's Pursuing Whom?), Disney, Universal, Fox, and Sony which all have their own animation units.

Exactly a year ago at 2010's Camp Allen investment conference, Comcast quashed rumors spread by Katzenberg that the new owners of NBCUniversal supposedly wanted to buy DreamWorks Animation and make him head of NBCU. Comcast's Brian Roberts and Steve Burke mentioned to several power players that Katzenberg has been pursuing them to buy DreamWorks Animation and lobbying them to make him head of NBCU. (Burke, the son of former Capital Cities/ABC president and icon Dan Burke, spent a dozen years in key Walt Disney Co positions but never got along with Katzenberg. Besides, NBCU has Illumination Entertainment.) At that time, Jeffrey already had offered up DWA to every Hollywood studio, but they and their parent companies had passed. Before Comcast, the most recent "no" had come from Time Warner's Jeff Bewkes. But now it sounds as if Katzenberg is trying there again.
Lackluster sales of 3D tickets for DreamWorks Animation's Kung Fu Panda 2 seemed to confirm that audiences are fed up with the higher ticket prices. Then again, it was Katzenberg who went around convincing those exhibitors to raise their prices before DWA got into the 3D biz. Now investors appear to be disenchanted with DreamWorks Animation, which is making all of its films in 3D. Its shares have been down nearly 20% vs this time last year.

UPDATE: Here's the Paramount Animation release:

(Los Angeles, CA – July 6, 2011) -- Paramount Pictures, a unit of Viacom Inc., will launch an in-house animation division, with its first title slated for release in 2014. In making the announcement, Paramount Chairman & CEO Brad Grey said the initiative was part of the studio’s long-term strategy for growth and that the new division, Paramount Animation, will focus on high quality animation with budgets per picture of up to $100 million.

Paramount Animation’s mandate will be the development of the broadest range of family CGI animated films, with a key piece being titles under the label of Viacom’s Nickelodeon, the number one entertainment brand for kids worldwide. Paramount will also look to build on Viacom’s already thriving global consumer products business by seeking to capitalize on merchandising opportunities tied to all Paramount Animation releases.

The division will be part of the Paramount Motion Picture Group, reporting to the group’s president, Adam Goodman, and will initially target one release per year. Vice Chair Rob Moore, COO Frederick Huntsberry and Goodman are now conducting a search for the leader of the division.

“We’ve come a long way over the last six years," said Grey. "Our team has worked hard to build best in class production, marketing and distribution divisions which have proven they consistently execute at the highest level across all genres and price points. Establishing an in-house animation division was the logical next step for us.”

“The marketplace has never offered as many opportunities to create wonderfully imaginative pictures at very appealing budget levels, so we feel this is a perfect moment to launch this effort. We are now eager to expand in animation with appropriate and prudent overhead and production budgets in a way that will allow us to be nimble, creative and innovative,” added Grey. “Paramount also has the distinct advantage of being part of the Viacom family, giving us the ability to leverage its portfolio of powerful and youthful brands to create and market great films and consumer products.”

While Paramount has released an array of successful animated films in its history, the company’s first fully owned CGI animated property was Rango, released to great acclaim in March 2011. The Western, directed by Gore Verbinski and featuring the voice of Johnny Depp in the title role, has grossed over $240 million worldwide and is the best reviewed animated movie so far this year.
Teo
Sciagura a Katzencoso, sciagura a Katzencoso! diavoletto.gif cool.gif cool.gif
Claudio
CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 5/7/2011, 1:37) *
King Kong (Blue Sky)

interessante ! sono curioso
Claudio
CITAZIONE (Beast @ 8/7/2011, 17:15) *
La Paramount aprirà un suo studio d'animazione, la Paramount Animation, il cui primo film uscirà nel 2014. Sembra quindi che Paramount si prepari a scaricare la Dreamworks Animation, il cui contratto scade a fine 2012. Katzenberg sembra essere disperatamente alla ricerca di un nuovo partner, ma tutte le major hanno già i loro studi: Disney, Fox, Sony e Universal hanno rifiutato categoricamente qualsiasi trattativa e ora Jeffrey sta supplicando la Warner, che gli aveva detto no già un anno fa. E dire che l'anno scorso con gran faccia tosta aveva proposto alla Universal di vendergli la Dreamworks e in cambio diventare loro presidente. Ora il suo stato di difficoltà è reso ancora peggiore dal calo delle vendite dei biglietti 3D, dopo che era stato proprio lui a promuovere apertamente la nuova tecnologia e a invitare i cinema ad alzare i prezzi. Tanto per dare un'idea, le azioni della Dreamworks Animation sono scese del 20% negli ultimi 12 mesi. Katzencoso ci rimetterà parecchio... diavoletto.gif

Fonte: Deadline

chissà come andrà a finire allora!
Scissorhands
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=80012

Kevin Lima Directing DreamWorks Animation's Monkeys of Mumbai
Source: Heat Vision
July 20, 2011

Kevin Lima (Tarzan, Enchanted) will direct DreamWorks Animation's Monkeys of Mumbai, reports Heat Vision. Also aboard the project as producers are Lisa Stewart (Monsters vs. Aliens) and Chris Chase (Enchanted).

Based on a Hindu poem called "The Ramayana," the film will detail the musical adventures of a pair of monkeys up against a supernatural demon. The original poem involves Rama (the reincarnation of Vishnu) and his quest to rescue his wife, Sita, from Ravana, the multi-armed demon king of Lanka. Monkeys play a role in the poem when Rama visits the city of Kishkindha Kanda and teams with Hanuman, a heroic monkey warrior.

Gurinder Chada and Paul Berges (Bend It Like Beckham, Bride and Prejudice) are writing the script. Stephen Schwartz (Broadway's "Wicked") is working on lyrics while A.R. Rahman (Slumdog Millionaire) is the film's composer.

Read more: Kevin Lima Directing DreamWorks Animation's Monkeys of Mumbai - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...2#ixzz1T1DwXC4i
Claudio
sono curioso di vedere come sarà
Scissorhands
Riparte la produzione di Escape from planet Earth

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/animated-f...ets-voice-cast/

Animated Film 'Escape From Planet Earth' Gets Voice Cast
By MIKE FLEMING | Tuesday August 2, 2011 @ 11:35am EDTTags: Brendan Fraser, Craig Robinson, Escape From Planet Earth, Film Castings, James Gandolfini, Jessica Alba, Rob Corddry, Sarah Jessica Parker, Weinstein Co.
Comments (3)
Mike Fleming

NEW YORK, NY August 2, 2011 – The Weinstein Company (TWC) and Rainmaker Entertainment announced today the all-star voice cast for ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH which includes Brendan Fraser, Sarah Jessica Parker, Jessica Alba, Rob Corddry, James Gandolfini and Craig Robinson. The 3D animated family comedy is currently in full production.

The announcement was made today by Donna Gigliotti, TWC’s President of Production, and Catherine Winder, President and Executive Producer, Rainmaker Entertainment. Both Gigliotti and Winder serve as producers on the animated feature film.

ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH is directed by Cal Brunker, best known for his work on the animated feature films DESPICABLE ME, 9 and HORTON HEARS A WHO! Producers Gigliotti and Winder are joined by Rainmaker’s Luke Carroll as a producer on the film. TWC Co-Chairmen Bob and Harvey Weinstein are executive producers. The film was written by Cal Brunker and Bob Barlen based on an original screenplay by Tony Leech and Cory Edwards.

The 3D animated family comedy ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH catapults movie goers to planet Baab where admired astronaut Scorch Supernova (Brendan Fraser) is a national hero to the blue alien population. A master of daring rescues, Scorch pulls off astonishing feats with the quiet aid of his nerdy, by-the-rules brother, Gary (Rob Corddry), head of mission control at BASA. When BASA’s no-nonsense chief Lena (Jessica Alba) informs the brothers of an SOS from a notoriously dangerous planet, Scorch rejects Gary’s warnings and bounds off for yet another exciting mission. But when Scorch finds himself caught in a fiendish trap set by the evil Shanker (James Gandolfini), it’s up to scrawny, risk-adverse Gary to do the real rescuing. As the interplanetary stakes rise to new heights, Gary is left to save his brother, his planet, his beloved wife Kira (Sarah Jessica Parker) and their adventure hungry son Kip!

A film from The Weinstein Company, ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH is produced in association with Rainmaker Entertainment and will be released in the U.S. in 2012.
Claudio
interessante questo film!
Scissorhands
Wildwood (Laika)
http://www.badtaste.it/articoli/wildwood-i...ori-di-coraline

Wildwood per i produttori di Coraline?
Inserito da Simone Rovellini
11 settembre 2011 - 19:30
Fonte: Variety

Dopo il successo di Coraline, la Laika, casa di animazione americana, ha iniziato la lavorazione di un nuovo intrigante film intitolato ParaNorman, di cui vi abbiamo parlato alcuni mesi fa.

I progetti per il futuro però non si fermano qui, e i produttori stanno già pensando ad altre ambiziose storie da portare sul grande schermo. Ecco quindi che lo studio si è assicurato i diritti su un romanzo fantasy per ragazzi intitolato Wildwood, pubblicato dal cantante dei Decemberists Colin Meloy e da sua moglie Carson Ellis.

Il libro, splendidamente illustrato, è ambientato in una versione alternativa di Portland e racconta la storia di una ragazza che, dopo il rapimento del fratello, deve affrontare un mondo pieno di magia e pericoli, costretta ad entrare nelle lande proibite.

Wildwood è stato pensato come il primo di tre romanzi, e allo stesso modo la Laika ha comprato i diritti avendo già in mente una trilogia di film.

Gli autori del romanzo avevano acconsentito a venderne i diritti solo nel caso in cui il film fosse stato realizzato in animazione tradizionale o stop-motion, e lo studio che ha prodotto Coraline appare subito come la scelta perfetta per portare a compimento l'impresa.

A parlarcene è il CEO della Laika Travis Knight:

E’ una storia nella grande tradizione di Tolkien, vasta quanto Il signore degli anelli, con anche un grande respiro contemporaneo. Niente del genere è mai stato tentato nel nostro settore. Ci sono questi grandi scenari epici insieme a momenti e personaggi ricchi di sfumature, che sono le due cose più difficili da rendere in stop motion. Sono eccitato all’idea di come tutto ciò possa prendere forma.

Claudio
interessante shifty.gif
Scissorhands
Pooch Cafè (Sony Pictures Animation)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83011

Sony Pictures Animation Opens Pooch Café
Source: Sony Pictures Animation October 6, 2011

Sony Pictures Animation has just announced plans for Pooch Café, to be written and directed by Kelly Asbury and based on the comic strip by Paul Gilligan. Asbury directed this year's Gnomeo and Juliet and was the co-director of Shrek 2.

Planned for CG-animation, Pooch Café stars Poncho, a cheese-loving, squirrel-fearing, toilet-drinking mutt who joins his canine friends at the Pooch Café, a neighborhood hangout where dogs can be dogs – comparing notes on such weighty issues as avoiding baths, zebra-flavored kibble, and the construction of a giant catapult with which to hurl all the Earth’s cats into the Sun.

“Kelly’s wit and cinematic sensibility pairs wonderfully with the irreverent characters and wry comedy in the “Pooch Café” comic strip,” says SPA's president of production, Michelle Raimo-Kouyate. “We’ve been looking for something to do with Kelly, and this was a perfect match.”

Read more: Sony Pictures Animation Opens Pooch Café - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...1#ixzz1aIKyN8wQ
Claudio
CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 9/10/2011, 16:29) *
Pooch Cafè (Sony Pictures Animation)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83011

Sony Pictures Animation Opens Pooch Café
Source: Sony Pictures Animation October 6, 2011

Sony Pictures Animation has just announced plans for Pooch Café, to be written and directed by Kelly Asbury and based on the comic strip by Paul Gilligan. Asbury directed this year's Gnomeo and Juliet and was the co-director of Shrek 2.

Planned for CG-animation, Pooch Café stars Poncho, a cheese-loving, squirrel-fearing, toilet-drinking mutt who joins his canine friends at the Pooch Café, a neighborhood hangout where dogs can be dogs – comparing notes on such weighty issues as avoiding baths, zebra-flavored kibble, and the construction of a giant catapult with which to hurl all the Earth’s cats into the Sun.

“Kelly’s wit and cinematic sensibility pairs wonderfully with the irreverent characters and wry comedy in the “Pooch Café” comic strip,” says SPA's president of production, Michelle Raimo-Kouyate. “We’ve been looking for something to do with Kelly, and this was a perfect match.”

Read more: Sony Pictures Animation Opens Pooch Café - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...1#ixzz1aIKyN8wQ

sembra bello!
Scissorhands
Toh ... una vecchia conoscenza...

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/da...-animation.html

David Stainton in as President of Paramount Animation
October 10, 2011 11:30 am

Paramount has named David Stainton president of its new animation division. Stainton, the controversial former president of Walt Disney Feature Animation, will now report to Adam Goodman, President of the Paramount Motion Picture Group and will begin setting up shop this week. According to the Paramount press release:
“Paramount Animation aims to focus on high-quality animation with budgets per picture of up to $100 million, with an initial target of one release per year. The division’s mandate will be the development of the broadest range of family CGI animated films, with a key piece being titles under the label of Viacom’s Nickelodeon, the No. 1 entertainment brand for kids worldwide. Paramount will also build on Viacom’s already thriving global consumer products business by seeking to capitalize on merchandising opportunities tied to all Paramount Animation releases. “David’s accomplishments speak for themselves, and I am glad to welcome him to the lot as we start this exciting new chapter,” Adam Goodman added. “With David’s leadership, we will look to build on what has been a very strong year for our studio in animation, with Rango and the upcoming Adventures of Tintin pointing to the kind of artist-driven, broad-appeal films we intend to make at Paramount Animation.”
Paramount announced last July that it was launching an in-house animation division. It expects to release its first feature under Stainton in 2014.

Scissorhands
Aggiuto
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatball 2 (Sony)
Captain Underpants (DW)
Scissorhands
Concept di Dracula in Hotel Transylvania

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=83723
Scissorhands
Popeye (Sony Pictures Animation)

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/sony-pictu...nimated-popeye/

Sony Pictures Animation Sets ‘Smurfs’ Scribes Jay Scherick & David Ronn To Script ‘Popeye’

By MIKE FLEMING | Thursday November 3, 2011 @ 3:01pm EDT
Tags: Avi Arad, David Ronn, Jay Scherick, Popeye, The Smufs

COMMENTS (12)

BREAKING: Sony Pictures Animation has turned to its The Smurfs scribes, Jay Scherick & David Ronn, to script Popeye, the animated adaptation of the comic book. SPA and Avi Arad are producing Popeye, which will be a 3D stereoscopic effort. ”Scherick & Ronn have a remarkable talent in re-energizing beloved characters,” said Sony Pictures Digital Productions president Bob Osher. “As they demonstrated with The Smurfs, they embrace the iconic characteristics of these timeless characters and craft a story that really engages moviegoers today.” The scribes are already working on a Smurfs sequel, and they also wrote the original script for Baywatch. They are repped by ICM.
Scissorhands
Woody Woodpecker (Illumination Entertainment)

Woody Woodpecker Movie in Development at Universal, Illumination (Exclusive)
7:15 PM PST 11/16/2011 by Borys Kit
Comments

Woody Woodpecker could be heading to the big screen for the first time in decades.
Illumination Entertainment, the Universal-based animation house behind Despicable Me and next year’s Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, is working on a feature project centering on the crimson-coifed cartoon character. John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky, who co-wrote the Will Ferrell comedy Blades of Glory, are in talks to develop a story.
PHOTOS: 10 Inappropriately Sexy Cartoon Characters
Woody Woodpecker first appeared in a short in 1940. It was co-created by cartoonist Walter Lantz and voiced, in his initial outings, by Mel Blanc, the future voice of Bugs Bunny. The character was initially rambunctious and brash, a huge hit during World War II-era America, but he mellowed into the '50s, even developing a love interest and a recurring nemesis Ben Buzzard.
A theme song was introduced in 1947 and was nominated for an Oscar for best song, the only song from a short film ever to be nominated in the category. [Listen to the song below.]
What locked Woodpecker’s place in pop culture was a move into television in the late '50s, first with the syndication of his shorts and then with the production of cartoons. His widespread appearance lasted decades, imprinting on several generations' worth of children.
Universal bought the library of shorts and the rights to the character from Lantz in 1985. The move to capitalize on the asset mirrors an effort throughout Hollywood to mine value from properties that studios already own.
Illumination and the writers will seek to create a story that modernizes the character, hopefully launching a franchise in the process.
Altschuler and Krinsky, repped by WME and 3 Arts Entertainment, were exec producers and writers on Fox's King of Hill and worked on the long-gestating feature version of The Jetsons.
Scissorhands
http://animationguildblog.blogspot.com/201...ury-at-spa.html

Asbury at the SPA
Kelly Asbury, director, of Gnomeo and Juliet, has moved over to Sony Pictures Animation ...

Kelly Asbury, the director and co-writer of Gnomeo and Juliet, has been hired to write the adaptation of Pooch Café for Sony Pictures Animation. ...
Mr. Asbury has been in the biz a long time, directing two features at DreamWorks Animation and story supervising two others. Like a number of other animation directors (Rob Minkoff, Chris Sanders and Lorna Cooke come to mind) he goes where the directing gigs are.

(As animated features get produced by more and more studios, directors of animated features behave like their live-action counterparts, moving from studio to studio. The days of cartoon directors staying with one producer for their entire creative lives is, I think, drawing to a close.)
Scissorhands
http://www.awn.com/news/visual-effects/uni...ff-illumination
Universal Buys Mac Guff for Illumination
By Rick DeMott | Tuesday, November 15, 2011 at 12:15 pm | AWN News
Posted In | News Categories: Business, CG, Films, Visual Effects | Geographic Region: All | Site Categories: 3D, Business, CG, Films, Visual Effects
Universal Pictures has bought French animation house Mac Guff Ligne for Illumination Ent., reports Deadline.com. Illumination and Mac Guff Ligne produced DESPICABLE ME and DR. SEUSS’ THE LORAX together. Now Mac Guff Ligne will work exclusively on Illumination projects whether they are fully animated or a live-action/animation hybrid. The Paris-based studio will be renamed Illumination Mac Guff.

Jacques Bled, one of the founders of Mac Guff, and Janet Healy, France-based producer of DESPICABLE ME, will serve as co-presidents of Illumination Mac Guffe. The duo will report to Illumination head Chris Meledandri. Robert Taylor and Barbara Zipperman will serve as top execs as well.

Mac Guff Ligne's vfx business remains separate.

Illumination's upcoming projects include the DESPICABLE ME sequel, Ricky Gervais' FLANIMALS, UGLYDOLL and Tim Burton's stop-motion ADDAMS FAMILY.
Claudio
CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 4/1/2012, 19:27) *
Popeye (Sony Pictures Animation)

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/sony-pictu...nimated-popeye/

[i]Sony Pictures Animation Sets ‘Smurfs’ Scribes Jay Scherick & David Ronn To Script ‘Popeye’

un film su Popeye? blink.gif
spero non in cgi!!

CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 5/1/2012, 10:56) *
and Tim Burton's stop-motion ADDAMS FAMILY.

su questo si sa qualcosa in più?
Scissorhands
Nerds (Rocket Pictures)
http://www.deadline.com/2012/01/elton-john...imated-feature/

Elton John’s Rocket Pictures Turning Kidbook ‘Nerds’ Into Animated Feature

By MIKE FLEMING | Friday January 20, 2012 @ 3:03pm EST
Tags: Elton John, Michael Buckley, Nerds, Rocket Pictures

COMMENTS (4)

EXCLUSIVE: Elton John’s Rocket Pictures has acquired film rights to Michael Buckley’s bestselling series Nerds, and will develop them as an animated family feature that Buckley will script. Rocket Pictures principals Steve Hamilton Shaw and David Furnish will produce. John is exec producer.

The Nerds series follows a group of unpopular and socially inept geeks who run a spy network from inside their elementary school. They battle the Hyena, a former junior beauty pageant contestant-turned-assassin, and an array of James Bond-style villains, each with an evil plan more diabolical and more ridiculous than the last. Three books have been released in the past two years by the Abrams imprint Amulet Books, and the next one comes in the fall.

“Nerds is an action-filled comedic property with a great inclusive message at its heart,” Shaw said. “We think it has huge potential as a dynamic and modern family movie.” Rocket Pictures most recently produced the 3D animated Disney movie Gnomeo & Juliet and is developing Will Gallows And The Snake Bellied Troll, written and to be directed by Shrek 2’s Kelly Asbury. The company’s also developing Rocketman, a biographical musical-fantasy feature film about the life of Elton John that’s being written by Lee Hall. UTA reps Rocket Pictures and also brokered the book deal with publishing agent Alison Fargis of Stonesong.

Scissorhands
Is the CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS Sequel Called CLOUDY 2: REVENGE OF THE LEFTOVERS? Plus a First Look at Promo Poster
by Matt Goldberg Posted:February 29th, 2012 at 1:49 pm

I love the animated adaptation of Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. It is delightfully strange, witty, and at times, downright darkly comic (it still blows my mind that directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller got away with the scene where Flynn charges into a house, and basically uses snowballs to murder a family). I was a little bummed that the duo wouldn’t be returning for the sequel, but I’m encouraged that Horrible Bosses writers John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein are handling the script, and new directors Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn worked on the first movie. We still don’t know what the sequel will be about, but we might know what it’s called. We were sent a promo poster for the movie and the title reads: Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers. As you may recall, the leftovers created a crazy avalanche that forced out the poor citizens of Swallow Falls, so haven’t the leftovers already had their revenge?

Again, this could just be a working title, and to be honest, I don’t really care what the movie is called. I’m just hoping the flick is as funny and memorable as Cloud with a Chance of Meatballs. Hit the jump to check out the promo poster.

http://collider.com/cloudy-2-revenge-of-th...-poster/149087/
Scissorhands
Day of the Dead (Reel FX)

HydGuillermo Del Toro Comes Aboard Animated ‘Day Of The Dead’

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Tuesday February 21, 2012 @ 10:50am PST
Tags: Day Of The Dead, Guillermo Del Toro, Reel FX

COMMENTS (5)
The CG-animated The Day Of The Dead will be produced by Guillermo del Toro and Reel FX, the animation and live-action development and production studio run by former ILM exec Ed Jones Ed Jones and ex-Walden Media CEO Cary Granat. Del Toro will also present the film, which is being directed and co-written by Jorge R. Gutierrez (El Tigre) and is being eyed for a fall 2014 release. Aaron Berger and Carina Schulze of Chatrone also are producing. The story centers on a Romeo and Juliet-style love story set against a Mexican “Day of the Dead” backdrop. It’s the first time since 1993′s Cronos that del Toro has collaborated on a feature in Mexico. “I have admired Jorge’s work for a long time. He has a unique aesthetic and sense of humor. Day Of The Dead offers a perfect opportunity for his sensibilities to shine,” del Toro said. “This is a colorful, vibrant, vital fable that utilizes the animation medium in an incredible way.”

Reel FX is currently working on an animated feature adaptation of the Dark Horse graphic novel Beasts Of Burden, produced by Andrew Adamson (Shrek) and Aron Warner; and Turkeys, a CG-animated comedy directed by Jimmy Hayward (Horton Hears a Who!). The studio also recently collaborated on the production of the 3D film Cirque du Soleil’s Worlds Away, written and directed by Adamson and executive produced by James Cameron. That film is in post-production and set to debut late this year via Paramount.
Scissorhands
The Prophet

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87415

Hayek Producing Animated Adaptation of Gibran's The Prophet
Source: ComingSoon.net February 24, 2012

Khalil Gibran's best known fictional work "The Prophet" is being adapted for the big screen in a new production that will involve collaborations across many borders. In this adaptation, each of the 89-year old classic's chapters will be directed by a different award-winning filmmaker, with Roger Allers (The Lion King) responsible for the connective through-line narrative.

Pre-production is scheduled to begin this month, with Salma Hayek producing along with Clark Peterson and Ron Senkowski. Doha Film Insititute (DFI) is co-financing along with Participant Media, MyGroup Lebanon, FFA Private Bank, JRW Entertainment and Code Red Productions.

"'The Prophet' has been an incredible source of wisdom and inspiration for millions of people all over the world. Being of Lebanese descent, I'm particularly proud to be part of a project that will present this masterpiece to new generations, in a way never seen before," said Hayek.

Among the distinguished directors committed to the project are Marjane Satrapi (Oscar nominated for Persepolis), Chris Landreth (Oscar-winner for short "Ryan"), Tomm Moore (Oscar nominated for The Secret of Kells), Nina Paley (Berlin Film Festival winner for Sita Sings the Blues), Mohammed Saeed Harib (creator of hit series "Freej"), Michal Socha, Francesco Testa, Joan Gratz (Oscar winner for Mona Lisa Descending a Staircase) and Bill Plympton (Oscar-nominated for Guard Dog and Your Face).

"I am very excited to be bringing to the screen this inspirational book and eager to begin working with this incredible group of international artists," Allers said.

Mohammed Saeed Harib commented, “It's an immense honor to be able to translate the works of one of the Arab world’s most cherished writers into the visual realm. I am thrilled to be amongst such esteemed animation directors assigned to bring The Prophet to the big screen and to the 21st century”

DFI’s Executive Director Amanda Palmer commented, “Through cinema, we have a unique opportunity to also introduce a new generation to the profound works of Gibran in a way never experienced before. It’s a passion project for everyone involved, led by Salma's determination to create a truly collaborative artistic approach to this universally loved novel."

Moore added, "This is the sort of very special and important project that comes along rarely but which has the potential to make a big impact on the cultural consciousness of very many people."

Jonathan King, Executive Vice President of Production for Participant Media said, "The filmmaking team represents such an impressive line-up of international talent. We're thrilled to be working with them to bridge cultures through entertainment and bring Gibran's classic with its inspirational themes to a new medium for audiences worldwide.”

"'The Prophet' delivers a message of faith in life itself transcending all cultures and all religions. In addition to supporting Gibran’s heritage and legacy, we are very proud to contribute to what might well become the most inspiring animated picture of all times," said Jean Riachi, CEO of FFA Private Bank in Beirut.

Nael and Haytham Nasr, Managing Partners of MyGroup, said that they are “extremely proud to be participating in the production of the animated movie, 'The Prophet.' 'The Prophet’s' enduring wisdom and enlightenment have comforted and inspired for nearly one hundred years. Now the movie of Khalil Gibran’s most celebrated work will enrich his timeless words and uplift our hearts and minds, today and forever.”

"The Prophet" is one of the best-selling books of all time, having sold over 100 million copies since its original publication in 1923. The Lebanese-born Gibran is the third most-read poet in history, after Shakespeare and Lao-Tzu, and has been translated in to more than 40 languages.

Read more: Hayek Producing Animated Adaptation of Gibran's The Prophet - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...5#ixzz1oHB7vQEV
Scissorhands
Bolivar (Warner distributed)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-visi...on-movie-296886

Warner Bros. Picks Up Graphic Novel 'Bolivar' for Animated Movie (Exclusive)
Bolivar comes with Irish filmmaker Kealan O’Rourke attached to write and direct the project, which is intended to be an animated feature from production outfit Weed Road.
3:51 PM PST 3/5/2012 by Borys Kit
Comments

Warner Bros. has picked up Bolivar, an upcoming graphic novel from publisher Archaia Entertainment, for Akiva Goldsman and Kerry Foster to produce via their Weed Road banner. Archaia editor-in-chief Stephen Christy will also produce.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

Bradley Cooper Signs Development Deal With Warner Bros.

'A Winter's Tale': Warner Bros. Starting Screen Tests With Lily Collins, Tom Hiddleston
Archaia’s P.J. Bickett will exec produce.
Bolivar comes with Irish filmmaker Kealan O’Rourke attached to write and direct the project, which is intended to be an animated feature.
Written and illustrated by Sean Rubin, the graphic novel centres on a young girl named Sybil who moves to New York and finds out her neighbor is Bolivar, the last living dinosaur. Despite Sybil's persistent efforts, Bolivar refuses to befriend her.
The dinosaur is somewhat of a recluse, tucked away from the world Sybil so desperately wants him to explore with her. He soon realizes how much she means to him and that he would risk everything for her.
The graphic novel is due out in May 2013.
O’Rourke won a best animation prize for The Boy in the Bubble at last year’s Irish Film and Television Awards. He is repped by Paradigm and 3 Arts Entertainment.
Archaia, repped by CAA, is an LA-based and Eisner-winning publisher slowly making in-roads into movies. An adaptation of its graphic novel Rust is set up at Fox with Simon Kinberg producing and Aline Brosh McKenna writing while Lucid is being developed by Zachary Quinto's Before the Door production company.
Weed Road is developing the adaptation of Lone Survivor, which just received financing from Emmett/Furla, and is in the casting stage for A Winter’s Tale, a supernatural romantic story that is serving as Goldsman’s directorial debut.

Scissorhands
Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers – The sequel to Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is due out December 20th, 2013.
Scissorhands
Lo davo talmente per scontato che non ne ho riportato l'annuncio:

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/toldja-fox...cast-ice-age-4/

TOLDJA! Fox And Blue Sky Cast ‘Ice Age 4′

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Thursday August 4, 2011 @ 4:31pm PDT
Tags: Ice Age: Continental Drift

COMMENTS (1)
Jennifer Lopez, Jeremy Renner, Wanda Sykes, & Drake Join ’Ice Age 4′

LOS ANGELES, (August 4, 2011) – Twentieth Century Fox Animation and Blue Sky Studios today announced the voice cast for ICE AGE: CONTINENTAL DRIFT, the fourth entry in Blue Sky’s blockbuster franchise, which has grossed over $4 billion in all media. Joining the ever-growing Ice Age family for Continental Drift is JEREMY RENNER, an Academy Award nominee for The Hurt Locker and The Town (and whose upcoming films include Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol and The Bourne Legacy), who portrays Gutt, a self-styled master of the high seas who’s determined to make Manny, Sid and Diego part of his crew; WANDA SYKES as Sid’s stowaway Granny, who causes all sorts of problems for our heroes; AZIZ ANSARI as Squint, a prehistoric rabbit who fancies himself a tough guy; actress-pop music star KEKE PALMER as Peaches, Manny and Ellie’s headstrong teenage daughter; hip hop sensation DRAKE as Ethan, a handsome young woolly mammoth who has his eye on Peaches – and JENNIFER LOPEZ as Shira, a sabre-toothed tigeress who melts Diego’s heart.

RAY ROMANO is back as Manny, the woolly mammoth and the herd’s “Big Daddy”; QUEEN LATIFAH returns as Ellie — Manny’s significant other; DENIS LEARY rejoins the herd as the saber-toothed tiger Diego; JOHN LEGUIZAMO is at it again as the terminally goofy sloth, Sid; and SEANN WILLIAM SCOTT and JOSH PECK reprise possums Crash & Eddie. Also returning is Scrat (again voiced by CHRIS WEDGE), who in the first Ice Age emerged as a movie icon. In ICE AGE: CONTINENTAL DRIFT, Scrat’s nutty pursuit of the cursed acorn, which he’s been after since the dawn of time, has world-changing consequences — a continental cataclysm that triggers the greatest adventure of all for Manny, Diego and Sid. Also taking on starring roles are HEATHER MORRIS, JOY BEHAR, NICKI MINAJ, JOSH GAD, ALAN TUDYK, NICK FROST, KUNAL NAYYAR, ALAIN CHABAT and JB SMOOVE.

ICE AGE: CONTINENTAL DRIFT is directed by Steve Martino and Michael Thurmeier, and produced by Lori Forte and John Donkin. Twentieth Century Fox releases the animated comedy event, in 3D, on July 13, 2012.
Scissorhands
Goblins (Laika)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89385

Goblins Next Up for Laika Studios
Source: Variety April 18, 2012

Laika Studios, the stop-motion animated production house based in Portland, Oregon, are remaining in the fantasy-horror genre they've established with their previous two outings, an adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Coraline and the upcoming Paranorman, announcing that their next project will be an adaptation of Philip Reeve's Goblins with The Fantastic Mr. Fox animation director Marc Gustafson at the helm.

The book, released in the UK earlier this month and released in the United States later this year, tells the tale of a young goblin named Skarper who lives in a castle with his fellow goblins and who discovers an ancient evil is rising that he feels the need to stop.

Laika President and CEO (and a stop motion animator in his own right) Travis Knight gave this statement about the project:

"Goblins is a fantasy with bite. In the hands of Laika's freakishly talented artists and guided by the ineffably gifted Mark Gustafson, it will make a strange, stirring, and altogether beautiful film."

Look for ComingSoon.net's report on our own visit to Laika Studios sometime next month.
Scissorhands
Tim Burton's Night of the Living

Tim Burton Plans Stop-Motion Monster Movie Night of the Living
Source: The Hollywood Reporter April 9, 2012

Seth Grahame-Smith and Tim Burton look as though they're prepared to keep working together for the foreseeable future as the writer today tells The Hollywood Reporter that he's got another script in the works with Burton planning to direct. This one's called Night of the Living and will be another stop-motion animation effort.

"Night of the Living is an idea I have had around for years that I'm doing with Tim Burton," he tells the outlet. "When we were shooting 'Dark Shadows' last year I worked up the nerve to tell Tim about it because I always thought it would make a good movie. When I saw what he had done with 'Frankenweenie' and 'Corpse Bride', it always struck me as a great idea for that form. I'm writing it at Warner's Bros. for him (as a stop-motion monster movie)."

After he turns in the script for that project, Grahame-Smith will adapt his new novel, Unholy Night (hitting stores tomorrow) into a feature. No director is currently attached.

Grahame-Smith is both the original author and screenwriter of the upcoming Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (produced by Burton) and drafted the Burton-directed Dark Shadows. He's also attached to write the upcoming sequel to Burton's original comedy, Beetlejuice.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89002
Scissorhands
Dr. Seuss’ ‘The Cat In The Hat’ (Illumination Entertainment)

Dr. Seuss’ ‘The Cat In The Hat’ Get Another Life At Chris Meledandri’s Illumination

By MIKE FLEMING | Thursday March 15, 2012 @ 6:25pm EDT
Tags: Audrey Geisel, Chris Meledandri, Dr. Seuss, Dr. Seuss' The Lorax, The Cat In The Hat, Universal Pictures

COMMENTS (18)

EXCLUSIVE: After topping the box office the past two weeks with Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, Universal Pictures, Illumination Entertainment’s Chris Meledandri, and Audrey Geisel will tap the Dr. Seuss library for another classic title, and this one is a surprise. They will begin developing a 3D CG-animated feature based on The Cat in the Hat. Rob Lieber has just been set to write the script. Meledandri will produce and Geisel will be executive producer.

Aside from Green Eggs And Ham and How The Grinch Stole Christmas!, The Cat In the Hat is arguably the most famous story generated by Theodor Dr. Seuss Geisel. The surprise comes from the fact that Universal turned it into a live action film in 2003. That film grossed $101 million domestic and $133 million worldwide, it cost about $109 million to make and was considered a big disappointment. While a live action Grinch was a big hit for Universal, Meledandri and Mrs. Geisel believe that the Cat has more than one life on the big screen. It is a very popular ride in Universal’s Islands of Adventure theme park, a ride that was always based on Dr. Seuss’s original drawings. The feeling among Meledranadi, Mrs. Geisel, and Universal Films chairman Adam Fogelson and co-chairman Donna Langley is that Seuss’s works connect better in animation, prompting Universal’s decision to make this the next project.

Meledandri started the relationship with Mrs. Geisel and the estate of her husband when he ran Fox Animation and made Horton Hears A Who there. He brought over the relationship when he agreed to start a family film division for Universal. It took a couple of years to set up a studio and stable of animators, but Illumination has been a boon for Universal’s turnaround. The division has generated three films so far, none of which cost more than $70 million. Between Despicable Me, Hop and by the time Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax has completed its revenue run, the three films will likely surpass $1 billion in global box office receipts. Despicable Me has a sequel in the works, with Al Pacino voicing the villain.

Illumination is separately working on a film about the life of Dr. Seuss, with Johnny Depp attached to play him. It’s contemplated as a live action film interspersed with animation, and it will be produced by Meledandri, David Kennedy and Infinitum Nihil’s Depp and Christi Dembrowski. Mrs. Geisel will be executive producer. Keith Bunin is writing the script.

Lieber just adapted the Judith Viorst children’s book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day for Fox and 21 Laps. He’s repped by UTA and Anonymous Content.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/dr-seuss-t...s-illumination/
Scissorhands
The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (Blue Sky)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-visi...-kingdom-318041

Fox Animation Picks Up Children's Book 'Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom' (Exclusive)
Chernin Entertainment, which was behind "Rise of the Planet of the Apes," is producing.
11:49 AM PDT 4/30/2012 by Borys Kit
Comments

"The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom"
Fox Animation has acquired the movie rights to children’s book The Hero’s Guide to Saving Your Kingdom by first-time author Christopher Healy.
OUR EDITOR RECOMMENDS

20th Century Fox Hires 2 Development Executives

Fox Consumer Products Adds Two Marketing Executives

Seth Green, Nathan Fillion, Neil Patrick Harris, Megan Fox Set for 'Robot Chicken' DC Comics Special
Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark, who produced Rise of the Planet of the Apes through Chernin Entertainment, are attached to produce.
PHOTOS: 10 Inappropriately Sexy Cartoon Characters
The book, which hits shelves May 1, tells the story of the four princes from the classic fairy tales who saved Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel and Sleeping Beauty.
In the tome, the princes’ due is glossed over by various minstrels but the four young men, cast out of their respective castles, get a shot at redemption and glory when they uncover a plot that will destroy the kingdoms.
The 432-page book from Walden Pond Press/HarperCollins Children’s Books, is the first novel from Healy, who was a children’s entertainment reviewer as well as a haunted house zombie actor before writing the book.
Healy is repped by Hotchkiss and Associates.
Scissorhands
Santapprentice (Weinstein distributed)
The Trick or Treaters (Weinstein distributed)
Leo the Lion (Weinstein distributed)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=89551

The Weinstein Co. Dates Three Animated Films for 2013
Source: The Weinstein Company April 24, 2012

The Weinstein Company announced today the studio has set three more animated titles for theatrical distribution in 2013. You can read the full press release below:

The Weinstein Company is gearing up for its biggest year of family friendly entertainment yet with multiple animated films coming to theaters in 2013. Buoyed by the heat that ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH is generating and the inside buzz that is building on the project, TWC Co-Chairman Harvey Weinstein announced the slate and release dates for TWC's upcoming animated films. In addition to ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH, upcoming releases include: SANTAPPRENTICE, THE TRICK OR TREATERS and LEO THE LION.

Said TWC Co-Chairman Harvey Weinstein, "Following the success of THE LORAX, RANGO and the continued achievements of some of the industry's most successful animated filmmakers, we are producing animation with comedic stories that the entire family can enjoy. ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH already boasts a great cast including Sarah Jessica Parker, Jessica Alba, Brendan Fraser, James Gandolfini, Craig Robinson and Rob Corddry. We will be utilizing all of our relationships with top talent across the board to deliver the appropriate comedic tone and entertainment."

ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH, a CG-animated comedy, will be in theaters on February 14, 2013. In ESCAPE FROM PLANET EARTH, made in association with GRF, astronaut Scorch Supernova finds himself caught in a trap when he responds to an SOS from a notoriously dangerous alien planet. LEO THE LION, the story of a young vegetarian lion who is seen as an outcast among his fellow lions, will be released on August 30, 2013. THE TRICK OR TREATERS, a tale of villains pilfering from the countryside until they are charmed by a young orphan girl, will be in theaters on October 25, 2013. SANTAPPRENTICE, which tells the story of a young orphan who is chosen to replace Santa when he retires, will be out on December 6, 2013. A-list voice talent will be announced closer to release. In development is franchise project CRICKET IN TIMES SQUARE, written by Evan Spiliotopoulos whose credits include THE LION KING 1 1/2, THE JUNGLE BOOK 2; and MICKEY, DONALD, GOOFY: THE THREE MUSKETEERS.

Scissorhands
Rio Sequel (BlueSky)

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Rio-Sequel-...ight-29054.html
Rio Sequel Likely To Take Flight
5 Comments published: 2012-01-26 05:50:06 Author: Sean O'Connell

The animated Rio crossed the $140-million mark at the domestic box office. It scored positive reviews (more than 70% Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes). And on Tuesday morning, it earned an Oscar nomination. All of those suggest the potential for a sequel, which we now hear is on the horizon.

OK, so the Oscar nomination was for Sergio Mendes’ original song “Real In Rio,” and not quite for the film’s vibrant animation. Yet it was Mendes who revealed to HitFix that Rio director Carlos Saldanha is moving forward on a sequel, and he might have come up with a natural tie-in to an actual, global event.
"I think the plan is for the movie to come three or four months before the World Cup," Mendes said. The 2014 World Cup takes place in Brazil, where the original Rio was set. "Fox has been talking about (it) and it looks like it's going to happen. We're going to have a meeting I think next week and Carlos is coming to town to tell us the story, and it looks like it's a go."

Fox studio reps did say that no script deals have been set, but it sounds like the ball is rolling. Far worse animated sequels have received sequels. Many go right to DVD, so this is a step up for Saldanha’s colorful creation. He’s also extremely versed in the franchise game, having co-directed the Ice Age films. I’m actually surprised at how those films have held steady – and even improved – with each new film, so let’s hope Rio 2 expands on the bird-centric universe … and offers up another kick-ass soundtrack of Brazilian dance tunes.

Scissorhands
Frog and Toad (Jim Henson Company)

Jim Henson Company To Develop ‘Frog And Toad’ Animated Feature Film

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Friday June 8, 2012 @ 11:35am PDT
Tags: Frog and Toad, Jim Henson Company

COMMENTS (1)
The Jim Henson Company has acquired rights to the Frog And Toad children’s books and is developing an animated feature. Written and illustrated by Arnold Lobel in the 1970s, each of the four books include five short stories chronicling the exploits of a frog and his friend, a toad. Lisa Henson will produce for the Jim Henson Company, and Adam and Adrianne Lobel will executive produce. Craig Bartlett (Dinosaur Train, Hey Arnold!) will write the screenplay and Cory Edwards (Hoodwinked) is attached to direct. The deal is tied to a licensing and merchandising program signed with HarperCollins Children’s Books. The company is presenting Frog And Toad at the upcoming Licensing Expo in Las Vegas.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/jim-henson...d-feature-film/
Scissorhands
LEGO (Animal Logic produced/Warner distributed)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=87698

Exclusive: Miller & Lord Give LEGO & Cloudy 2 Updates
Source: Edward Douglas March 4, 2012

In 2009, filmmakers Christopher Miller and Phil Lord made their mark with the Sony Animation hit Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and while their live action directorial debut, the Jonah Hill-Channing Tatum action-comedy 21 Jump Street, comes out on March 16, they still have their hands in animation as they move forward on development with the planned LEGO movie for Warner Bros. and are involved with the "Cloudy" sequel, currently (and tentatively) called Cloudy 2: Revenge of the Leftovers.

ComingSoon.net had a chance to talk with Miller and Lord and get some updates on those other projects, especially their LEGO movie since there were and are still a lot of questions about what this movie is going to be since the project was first announced.

They're still working on developing the story with Animal Logic in Australia and co-director Chris McKay working with a unit in Los Angeles and Lord explained the approach they're taking with the film as "CGI with a stop motion feel to it and it's really weird in a great way."

"We're really building stuff with real LEGOs for the character design phase and the vehicle designs," Miller said. "We have LEGO experts and people literally building stuff and a room filled with LEGOs and the storyboard artist making things and shooting them on their phones, it's pretty nuts."

Since "Cloudy" took a long time to get made, we wondered whether this would be the same case with the LEGO movie and we might not see it for another three years.

"We want to release it sooner than that and we have a great team and we're moving really quickly, the animatics are turning around really fast," Lord said. "One of the things that's lucky about McKay is that his background is as an editor so we've introduced editing into the process a lot sooner than we probably otherwise would."

The filmmakers also addressed some of the skepticism people have had about the movie being an extended advertising for the LEGO brand.

"The thing about it is obviously it's not a big LEGO commercial for products," Miller told us. "LEGOs are the medium that we're using to tell a story. If you've seen any of those brick films online people make in their basement, it's sort of one of those but with a much bigger budget, as if somebody had a really big basement and a lot of time."

"One of the ways we like to think about it is that it's a medium, not a brand," Lord chimed in.

"It's not like they're selling clay when they do a claymation movie, so it's sort of like that," Miller finished the thought. "We're telling an interesting story and the medium we're using to tell it is these little LEGO bricks and these little characters."

Since the duo have been busy finishing up and promoting 21 Jump Street, we were curious how involved they've been in developing Sony Animation's planned sequel to their hit animated movie.

"We worked on the treatment for the story and we chose the guys who are directing it, who was our head of story (Kris Pearn) and one of the lead storyboard artists (Cody Cameron) from the first one," Miller said. "They're great, very talented and funny guys and we knew they would really do a great job with it."

"We have the same design team of the movie with some amazing additions, and the character designs are even crazier. The movie's going to look even better. It's really insane," Lord continued.

We were most curious whether the subversive humor from the first movie, which Miller and Lord developed for many years, would carry over into the sequel.

"That's the best thing about the animatics we've already seen and the early work that's been done, is that it's already really funny," Lord said, and Miller agrees that they're doing a great job capturing that distinctive tone.

Look for the rest of our interview with the directors of 21 Jump Street sometime before the movie opens on March 16.

NOTE: There was some confusion in the original story about the status of Animal Logic and its relation to Happy Feet 2, since it was the animation house who did the original movie but we've since been corrected in our misunderstanding of the situation and the article has been updated accordingly.

Scissorhands
Tonka (Sony Pictures Animation)
http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/sony-to-ma...animated-movie/

Sony To Make Tonka Trucks Animated Pic

By MIKE FLEMING | Monday June 11, 2012 @ 2:51pm EDT
Tags: Hasbro, Sony Pictures, Tonka

COMMENTS 23

Sony Pictures has jumped aboard the Hasbro bandwagon that Universal jumped off of. Sony is developing the animated film Tonka, based on the 65-year-old kiddie car brand. The studio announced the arrangement in a press release, with Sony Pictures Animation and Happy Madison Productions producing the movie with Hasbro. Adam Sandler and Jack Giarraputo’s Happy Madison is also producing a movie version of Hasbro’s Candy Land for Sony, and the studio is separately developing Hasbro’s Risk.

Conspicuously absent from the press release is Hasbro’s most recent credit, Battleship, the Universal Pictures summer tentpole wannabe that bore little resemblance to the board game and sank loudly at the box office. Universal has put the majority of Hasbro properties into turnaround — including the priority project Stretch Armstrong as well as Clue; Monopoly; and Magic, The Gathering – a disappointing result for a strategic alliance between the studio and the toymaker’s film production arm made when brands were considered big for studios. It has been hit or miss for Hasbro in Hollywood. While Battleship was a failure, the Hasbro toy line Transformers turned into a billion-dollar franchise by sticking close to the core appeal of the toy and then creating something very watchable onscreen.

Can Sony succeed in the Hasbro brand game where Universal failed? The studio must be getting a better deal than the rich first dollar gross pact that Hasbro got paid by Universal (the film Ouija was dropped by Universal over its $100 million budget, and then was brought back at the studio when it was reconfigured at a $5 million budget). Paramount is going through some turmoil on the other major Hasbro property, G.I. Joe, which had its release date pushed as the studio tries to solve problems on the film. All this means that playing the branding game is perilous for studios, unless there is a definite loyalty to that brand, and a filmmaker like Michael Bay who really knows how to make the movie equivalent of a theme-park ride with the spectacle and the humor. Peter Berg is just not that director. Here’s Sony’s release:

CULVER CITY, Calif., June 11, 2012 – TONKA, the Hasbro brand that for 65 years has stood for its line of toy trucks for children, will bring its TONKA toughness to the big screen in a fully animated motion picture to be produced by Sony Pictures Animation, Hasbro and Happy Madison Productions. The announcement was made today by Bob Osher, president, Sony Pictures Digital Productions, Michelle Raimo-Kouyate, president of Production for Sony Pictures Animation and Brian Goldner, president and CEO of Hasbro. The film will also be produced and developed by Goldner and Hasbro’s senior vice president and managing director of motion pictures, Bennett Schneir and will be written by Fred Wolf.

The new TONKA project strengthens the growing ties between Sony Pictures and Hasbro, following the announcements that Sony Pictures is developing motion pictures based on Hasbro’s RISK and CANDY LAND brands. CANDY LAND is also a Happy Madison project.

Commenting on the announcement, Osher said, “In its 65 years, TONKA has become more than a toy or a brand – TONKA trucks are a rite of passage for kids all around the world. Time spent with these toys creates memories that last a lifetime as kids are inspired to play using the boundaries of their imagination. We look forward to creating a family friendly motion picture that brings the TONKA experience to life.”

Raimo-Kouyate added, “Fred and our friends at Happy Madison and Hasbro have a truly inventive take on what it means to be ‘TONKA tough’ that will translate the multi-generational appeal of this world-renowned brand into a fun animated adventure for the whole family.”

“We’re thrilled to be working with Bob, Michelle, and the amazing team of artists and storytellers at Sony Pictures Animation,” said Schneir. “Together with Happy Madison, we’re excited to bring TONKA trucks to life in a terrific story for audiences around the world.”

One of the most recognized brands in Hasbro’s portfolio, TONKA has been the bestselling toy truck globally since 1947. Giving children real-life, relatable experiences, TONKA trucks help kids learn the confidence to get the job done.
Questa è la versione 'lo-fi' del forum. Per visualizzare la versione completa con molte più informazioni, formattazione ed immagini, per favore clicca qui.