Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Something Wicked This Way Comes Remake, Walt Disney Pictures
Scissorhands
messaggio 13/3/2014, 14:10
Messaggio #1

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore
Da: Campobasso/Angers

E un altro remake anni 80 si aggiunge alla lista:
http://www.deadline.com/2014/03/disney-set...this-way-comes/

Disney, Seth Grahame- Smith Making New Film Of Ray Bradbury’s ‘Something Wicked This Way Comes’

By MIKE FLEMING JR | Wednesday March 12, 2014 @ 5:33pm PDT
Tags: Disney, Ray Bradbury, Seth Grahame-Smith, Something Wicked This Way Comes

inShare
COMMENTS (9)
Mike Fleming
wickEXCLUSIVE: Disney is making a new version of the classic Ray Bradbury thriller novel Something Wicked This Way Comes. The studio, which turned Bradbury’s novel into a 1983 movie, has set Seth Grahame-Smith to make his feature directorial debut on the project. He will begin work immediately writing a treatment, and the studio then will hire a writer to script the project. Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg’s KatzSmith Productions will be the producing banner and Katzenberg will produce the film.

The novel tells the story of how Mr. Dark, the evil proprietor of a traveling carnival who preys on the residents of a small town by bartering possession of their souls for the dreams each one has. Grahame-Smith said it was his favorite book as a child, but he doesn’t feel the movie is sacrosanct. Although the late Bradbury wrote the script, he later lamented that the movie lost a lot of the book. Grahame-Smith intends to put it back and plug a new generation into the tale.

sethgr“I have been so crazy about this book, and it was such a formative title in my life that I actually wrote a piece on NPR about why it is so important for young males to read,” Grahame-Smith said. “It is a classic coming-of-age, father-son story about the transition from childhood to adulthood and how kids can’t wait to be adults and adults romanticize their childhoods. I’m not remaking the movie; I want the haunted atmosphere that makes the book so chilling, and I want to reinstate some of the classic scenes from the book that were missing from the ’83 film.”

While the scribe Disney will hire works on the script based on Grahame-Smith’s treatment, he will finish the Beetlejuice sequel he’s working on with Tim Burton with Michael Keaton hopefully reprising. Burton next is helming Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children for Fox, but will follow with Beetlejuice, which Grahame-Smith scripted and he and Katzenberg are producing for Fox. Grahame-Smith is separately completing a sequel novel to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, which Grand Central will publish in January. He’s repped by WME.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Beast
messaggio 13/3/2014, 16:29
Messaggio #2

Gold Member

Gruppo: Utente
Da: Cn

Lo accetto solo se mantengono i toni horror dell'originale e non diventa troppo comico o con troppa cgi.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
kekkomon
messaggio 13/3/2014, 17:10
Messaggio #3

Gold Member

Da: Torre del Greco (NA)

CITAZIONE (Beast @ 13/3/2014, 15:29) *
Lo accetto solo se mantengono i toni horror dell'originale e non diventa troppo comico o con troppa cgi.

Concordo wink.gif

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 14/3/2014, 0:19
Messaggio #4

Gold Member

Da AICN:

Mr. Dark's Pandemonium Carnival's coming back to town! Seth Grahame-Smith to remake SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES!

Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...

Deadline has announced that screenwriter/novelist Seth Grahame-Smith (ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER, DARK SHADOWS) is set to make his directorial debut with an adaptation of Ray Bradbury's SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES. The novel, famously adapted into an early-'80s Disney film with Jonathan Pryce and Jason Robards, tells the story of a traveling carnival (headed up by the tatted-up Mr. Dark) which accumulates side-shows by corrupting susceptible souls and making them part of the roster. Two young boys named Will and Jim, along with Will's dad, attempt to fight off Mr. Dark and his cronies before they take over their Midwestern town.

The original, co-written and begrudgingly approved by Bradbury himself, isn't considered "sacrosanct" by Grahame-Smith, who is taking more of an inspiration from the original novel, a childhood favorite of his. I'd say that this meant his take would lean darker than the Disney incarnation went, but that version is still pretty graphic and intense, with a frightening tone and images like a kid's decapitated head. In his own words: "I’m not remaking the movie; I want the haunted atmosphere that makes the book so chilling, and I want to reinstate some of the classic scenes from the book that were missing from the ’83 film.”

I haven't been a big fan of Grahame-Smith's films as a screenwriter thus far, but apparently he's only been tasked to do a treatment, with the real writer to be hired once he's done. Both ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER and DARK SHADOWS struggled with tonal inconsistencies (and mass audience approval), but I'm hoping that he is able to keep some of that oddball wit of those films with this more sincere tale about father-son bonding and growing up. If he's able to match his own styles with Bradbury's legendarily evocative prose, this could be one remake that actually succeeds in surpassing the original.

And I know it's never going to happen, but how cool would it be if Pryce played Will's father this time around? He's only 5 years older than Robards was when the original was released. I'm just sayin'…

But most importantly…who's the new Mr. Dark?

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 4/11/2014, 0:56
Messaggio #5

Gold Member

Da AICN:

SOMETHING Writer THIS WAY COMES…

Disney is moving forward with its re-adaption of Ray Bradbury’s SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES.

We previously learned that Seth Grahame-Smith (Exec Prod & scripter of ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER, writer of Tim Burton’s DARK SHADOWS movie) would direct. This would be his first feature film serving in said capacity, although he’s previously helmed episodes of THE HARD TIMES OF RJ BERGER TV series, which he also Exec Produced.

With the Smith-scripted PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES and LEGO BATMAN MOVIE now underway, I guess he didn’t have a ton of time to wrangle the SOMETHING WICKED screenplay - that task is now falling to David Leslie Johnson. Johnson wrote the Catherine Hardwicke directed RED RIDING HOOD movie back in 2011 (did anybody actually see that?), a few episodes of THE WALKING DEAD series, and WRATH OF THE TITANS.

As far as I’m concerned, they might as go ahead and cast Jonathan Pryce once more & call it a day - not sure they’re ever gonna find a Mr. Dark as utterly, insanely, fucked-up and awesome as he was in Jack Clayton’s 1983 adaptation of the same material . It’ll be interesting to see who they get to attempt such a task, though. I can almost imagine going against type and casting Russell Brand in that part.

User's Signature

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (1 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 23/8/2019, 9:34