Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

15 Pagine V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> La dirigenza Disney, decisioni, pensieri e strategie dei piani alti di Burbank
Beast
messaggio 3/10/2014, 10:21
Messaggio #73

Gold Member

Gruppo: Utente
Da: Cn

Rispetto alle ultime news: come non detto!
Considerati i suoi successi, il consiglio d'amministrazione ha chiesto a Bob Iger di prolungare il suo mandato di altri due anni. Iger ha accettato e resterà quindi in carica fino al 30 giugno 2018.

Bob Iger to Remain as Disney Head Through Mid-2018

Robert A. Iger (Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company). (Disney/Bob D'Amico)The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors today announced that it has extended Bob Iger’s contract as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer through June 30, 2018. Previously, Iger was expected to step down from his current positions in 2016 after already having been extended from a planned leave next year, in 2015.

According to the statement, Starbucks VP and Independent Lead Director of the Disney Board noted, ‘Bob Iger is the architect of Disney’s current success, with a proven history of delivering record financial results for the company quarter after quarter and year after year. Mr. Iger’s vision and strategy for the company led to the successful acquisitions of Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm, the resurgence of Disney animation, and the dramatic expansion of its parks and resorts around the world, positioning the company for continued long-term growth. Given Mr. Iger’s outstanding record to date, it is obvious that shareholders and the company will be best served by his continued leadership, which is why the Board of Directors has asked him to extend his contract for two years, to June 30, 2018. I am pleased to report that Mr. Iger has accepted.’

‘I’ve had the privilege of being the CEO of this great company for nine years and am thrilled to have the opportunity to continue through June 2018,” the statement quotes Iger. ‘I’m very excited about what lies ahead, including the release of our Star Wars films and the launch of Shanghai Disneyland, and I’m honored to continue working with our talented management team and the 175,000 dedicated people who make this company what it is today.’

Fonte: Stitch Kingdom

User's Signature

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
I seguenti utenti hanno apprezzato questo post:
Simba88
messaggio 3/10/2014, 11:16
Messaggio #74

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore
Da: Terre del branco

Yuhhuu!!!!! yay.gif yay.gif yay.gif

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Capitano Amelia
messaggio 4/10/2014, 12:07
Messaggio #75

Gold Member

Da: Palermo

CITAZIONE (Beast @ 3/10/2014, 11:21) *
Considerati i suoi successi, il consiglio d'amministrazione ha chiesto a Bob Iger di prolungare il suo mandato di altri due anni. Iger ha accettato e resterà quindi in carica fino al 30 giugno 2018.

Ottimo ! clapclap.gif

User's Signature

Grazie Simba !

+Quote Post
Angelo1985
messaggio 4/10/2014, 15:52
Messaggio #76

Gold Member

Da: Firenze

Della serie continuiamo con l'imbastardimento del marchio, la totale mancanza di diversità stilistica tra i film animati (leggasi RIP 2D), la serializzazione di qualsiasi cosa, gli investimenti continui in un Paese dove, lo vediamo proprio in questi giorni, mancano i diritti umani e andrebbe bandito da ogni tipo di rapporto commerciale, monetario, umano.
Applausi.

icon_mickey.gif

User's Signature

+Quote Post
-Scrooge McDuck-
messaggio 5/10/2014, 19:00
Messaggio #77

Utente

CITAZIONE (Angelo1985 @ 4/10/2014, 16:52) *
Della serie continuiamo con gli investimenti continui in un Paese dove, lo vediamo proprio in questi giorni, mancano i diritti umani e andrebbe bandito da ogni tipo di rapporto commerciale, monetario, umano.

Non capisco, a cosa ti riferisci? unsure.gif

+Quote Post
Angelo1985
messaggio 5/10/2014, 19:05
Messaggio #78

Gold Member

La Cina Scrooge, mi riferisco alla Cina, un Paese che fa quel che c**zo vuole solo perchè tutti hanno troppa paura e interessi (Disney inclusa) per metterla in riga. Vorrei proprio vedere se a Honk Hong non sarebbe necessario "esportare un po' di democrazia" in questi giorni....

icon_mickey.gif

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Beast
messaggio 6/2/2015, 9:40
Messaggio #79

Gold Member

Breaking News: Tom Staggs è il nuovo COO (Chief Operating Officer).
Dopo 5 anni alla guida del settore parchi, Staggs assurge alla seconda carica più importante della company. Continuerà a dirigere anche la Parks & Resorts fino alla nomina di un sostituto. Questa mossa colloca Staggs in pole position per sostituire Iger dal 2018.

Comunicato stampa:

Thomas O. Staggs has been named Chief Operating Officer of The Walt Disney Company, it was announced today by Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.

A 25-year Disney veteran, Mr. Staggs is Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, overseeing the strategy, operations and creative development of the company’s iconic travel and leisure businesses. He will assume the role of Chief Operating Officer immediately, while continuing to lead Parks and Resorts until a successor is named. Disney’s senior management team, including all business segment leaders, will report jointly to Mr. Iger and Mr. Staggs, with the exception of the Chief Financial Officer, General Counsel, Chief Communications Officer and Chief Human Resources Officer, who will continue to report directly to Mr. Iger.

“Tom is an incredibly experienced, talented and versatile executive who has led Parks and Resorts during a time of unprecedented growth and expansion, including the construction of Shanghai Disney Resort. His proven ability to lead a business as well as his successful tenure as Disney’s former CFO make him an ideal Chief Operating Officer, expanding his portfolio into all the company’s businesses,” Mr. Iger said.

“It’s a privilege to step into this role, and I am humbled and honored by the opportunity. I look forward to working more closely with Bob and the talented senior management team across the company to continue to build Disney’s future through unparalleled creativity, innovative technology and global expansion,” Mr. Staggs said.

Since 2010, Mr. Staggs has led Parks and Resorts’ global team of more than 130,000 Cast Members, Crew Members and Imagineers, with the segment delivering record revenue, profit and attendance levels. In addition to overseeing the development of Shanghai Disney Resort, and a new Avatar-themed land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park, during Tom’s tenure, Disney has launched two new cruise ships; opened Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, in Hawai‘i; added three new lands at Hong Kong Disneyland; doubled the size of Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom; and completed a multi-year expansion of the Disneyland Resort with the addition of Cars Land and Buena Vista Street at Disney California Adventure Park.

Prior to that, Mr. Staggs served as Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of The Walt Disney Company. He played a critical role in the execution of the acquisitions of Capital Cities/ABC, Pixar Animation Studios and Marvel Entertainment. As CFO for twelve years, he spearheaded the realignment of Disney’s performance goals toward the combination of profit growth and strong long-term capital returns and free cash flow. He has been praised by Wall Street for his financial and communications skills, and was consistently voted the entertainment industry’s No. 1 CFO by Institutional Investor magazine.

Mr. Staggs joined Disney in 1990 as Manager of Strategic Planning and quickly advanced through a series of positions of increased responsibility, leading to his appointment as Chief Financial Officer in 1998. Before joining Disney, he worked in investment banking at Morgan Stanley & Co.

Mr. Staggs earned a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management and an MBA from Stanford Graduate School of Business.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Beast
messaggio 25/2/2015, 10:31
Messaggio #80

Gold Member

Bob Chapek è il nuovo presidente della Parks and Resorts.
Trovato in brevissimo tempo il successore di Tom Staggs. Chapek lavora in Disney dal '93; nel corso degli anni è stato presidente di distribuzione dei Walt Disney Studios, presidente dell'Home Entertainment e, dal 2011 ad oggi, presidente della Consumer Products.

Comunicato stampa:

Bob Chapek has been named Chairman, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, it was announced today by Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and Thomas O. Staggs, Chief Operating Officer, The Walt Disney Company.

A 22-year veteran of The Walt Disney Company, Mr. Chapek has served since 2011 as President of Disney Consumer Products, driving a technology-led transformation of the Company’s consumer products, retail and publishing operations. He assumes his new role effective immediately.

“Under Bob’s leadership, Consumer Products has seen great success, focusing on brands and a franchise-driven strategy while launching new products and retail experiences that combine technological innovation and creativity,” Mr. Iger said. “He is an experienced and versatile executive well-suited to lead Parks and Resorts into the future.”

As Chairman of Parks and Resorts, Mr. Chapek succeeds Mr. Staggs, who was named Disney’s Chief Operating Officer earlier this month. Mr. Chapek will report to both Mr. Iger and Mr. Staggs.

“Bob is stepping into this role at an incredibly dynamic and exciting time for our Parks and Resorts business,” Mr. Staggs said. “The ongoing construction of Shanghai Disney Resort as well as the new Avatar-themed land at Walt Disney World continues an era of unprecedented growth and historic expansion.”

“I am grateful for the many opportunities I have had during my years at Disney, and am thrilled to join the incredible Disney Parks organization,” Mr. Chapek said. “I look forward to working with the remarkably talented team dedicated to creating magical memories for millions of guests around the world.” A successor to Mr. Chapek at Disney Consumer Products will be named at a later date.

Prior to leading Disney Consumer Products, Mr. Chapek served as President of Distribution for The Walt Disney Studios from 2009 to 2011, and was responsible for overseeing the Studios’ overall content distribution strategy across multiple platforms including theatrical exhibition, home entertainment, pay TV, digital entertainment and new media. He also served as President of Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, where he spearheaded the successful “vault strategy” for the company’s iconic films and transformed the primary format of home entertainment from DVD to Blu-ray.

Before joining Disney in 1993, Mr. Chapek worked in brand management at H.J. Heinz Company and in advertising at J. Walter Thompson.

Mr. Chapek earned a B.S. in Microbiology at Indiana University Bloomington and an MBA from Michigan State University.

Fonte: Stitch Kingdom

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Logan232
messaggio 25/2/2015, 11:18
Messaggio #81

Millennium Member

Da: Roma

Mh.. e chi c'è a capo della divisione Home Entertainment dal 2011? Mi sta sorgendo un dubbio..

+Quote Post
Beast
messaggio 25/2/2015, 14:38
Messaggio #82

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (Logan232 @ 25/2/2015, 11:18) *
Mh.. e chi c'è a capo della divisione Home Entertainment dal 2011? Mi sta sorgendo un dubbio..

Tale Janice Marinelli. Quale dubbio?

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Logan232
messaggio 25/2/2015, 15:13
Messaggio #83

Millennium Member

Da: Roma

Se non sbaglio è quello il periodo in cui l'Europa ha cominciato ad essere declassata nel settore home video.. magari la cosa è da imputare a scelte effettuate da questo cambio di dirigenza.

+Quote Post
Beast
messaggio 25/2/2015, 16:19
Messaggio #84

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (Logan232 @ 25/2/2015, 15:13) *
Se non sbaglio è quello il periodo in cui l'Europa ha cominciato ad essere declassata nel settore home video.. magari la cosa è da imputare a scelte effettuate da questo cambio di dirigenza.

Certo, è possibile.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
-Scrooge McDuck-
messaggio 25/2/2015, 22:40
Messaggio #85

Utente

Bisogna sempre tenere a mente però che non tutta l'Europa è trattata in maniera uguale, che paesi come Francia e Germania hanno tutt'ora moltissima libertà e "autogestione" in ambito di edizioni home video e che gli stessi USA stanno adoperando scelte discutibili come i ritardi (cancellazioni?) nella distribuzione dei film in BD3D. Quindi boh, non sarei così certo che ci sia un nesso, ma potrebbe benissimo essere!

+Quote Post
Beast
messaggio 4/6/2015, 7:30
Messaggio #86

Gold Member

Il CFO Jay Rasulo Lascia la Disney

Dopo quasi trent'anni, Jay Rasulo lascerà la Disney a fine giugno; da un lustro era Chief Financial Officer.
Molti fan tirano un sospiro di sollievo: è stato uno dei dirigenti Disney meno amati, sotto accusa soprattutto per il lungo periodo ricoperto in capo alla Parks and Resorts.

While the Walt Disney Company has yet to announce an official successor for current CEO Bob Iger, the path just became much clearer for COO Tom Staggs. His closest rival was CFO Jay Rasulo, however he just announced he’ll step down at the end of June.

Iger shared this comment, “Jay has been a valued colleague and friend, as well as a vital contributor to Disney’s success.”

Rasulo joined the mouse house in 1986 and became director of strategic planning and development. Later he was chair of the parks and resorts division. Five years ago he switched roles with Tom Staggs and became CFO.

The strategic planning and development division was controversial with fans and was seen as the group responsible for many ridiculous moves in the parks and resorts division that eventually had to be overturned.

While overseeing the parks division, Rasulo saw the opening of Disney California Adventure (and subsequent retooling of that park), the opening of Hong Kong Disneyland, and the expansion of the Disney cruise line from two to four ships.

Many fans criticized Rasulo’s reign over the parks declaring him disinterested in his role and famously distant from the parks, rarely setting foot in them. They felt he lacked an appreciation for the park’s special place in the company’s history and the hearts of fans.

“It has been a true honor to work at Disney for these many years, and for a great leader in Bob Iger,” said Rasulo in an emailed statement. “And as I look to the horizon for future endeavors, I am privileged to continue my friendship with Bob and remain as an adviser to him and the Disney team.”

Rasulo reportedly has a multi-million dollar compensation package awaiting him after stepping down. We wish him well in his next position, which just may be on a beach in Hawaii and we wouldn’t blame him one bit.

Disney has not yet announced Rasulo’s replacement in the CFO role. Iger will be stepping down from the CEO role in 2018 (a move he has already postponed twice).

http://thedisneyblog.com/2015/06/02/disney...o-to-step-down/

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Beast
messaggio 5/4/2016, 20:09
Messaggio #87

Gold Member

NEWS SHOCK: Tom Staggs lascia la Disney.
Il candidato più accreditato per la successione a Iger si è dimesso. Il futuro della Company è ora decisamente incerto, Iger dovrà agire con polso fermo e rapidità per assicurare stabilità societaria.

Big news: Disney losing Tom Staggs, heir apparent to CEO Bob Iger

I had to double check the calendar on this one, but it’s square root day, not that other holiday. Disney says that current COO Tom Staggs, the heir apparent to CEO Bob Iger, will leave the company as of May 6. This is big news and a potential break in the previously supposed chain of inheritance for the Walt Disney Company.

Mr. Staggs said, “Disney truly stands alone, not only because of the Company’s phenomenal creativity, but also because of the thousands of remarkable people who make it such an extraordinary place. It’s been a privilege to work with them and be inspired by their creativity and commitment. It’s also been a great experience to work with Bob during this dynamic era of unprecedented growth and transformation. I remain grateful for that opportunity, and I’m confident that Disney’s future will be just as exciting as its legendary past.”

“Tom has been a great friend and trusted colleague for more than 20 years,” said Mr. Iger. “He’s made important contributions to this company, earning wide respect across the organization for his achievements and personal integrity. I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished together, immensely grateful for the privilege of working with him, and confident that he will be enormously successful in whatever opportunity he chooses.”

Many fans were hopeful that Staggs would eventually take over the role of CEO as they saw his reign over the Disney Parks and Resorts division as generally a good one.

Update: Various sources are reporting that Staggs left because he was told the Disney Board of Directors were not confident that he could lead the company. Which A) strikes me as bullshit. Staggs was 100% capable with a hand in many of the key business decisions in the last decade and a half (Pixar, Lucasfilm, Avatar, Marvel, etc) and B ) is a ridiculous move by the board as this leaves no obvious in-house successor. Investors are not likely to want to board a ship without a captain or a rudder, but that’s how the BoD has left the company.

Disney says that Staggs will remain employed by the Company in the role of special advisor to the Chief Executive Officer, Robert A. Iger, through this fiscal year.

This news leaves Disney on a rush search for a successor to Bob Iger who will be stepping down as Chair and CEO in two years. (I’m available, just sayin’.) Jay Rasulo (who was also in the running) stepped down last year after it was assumed that Staggs would get the CEO role.

Personally this makes my sleeper candidate, Kathleen Kennedy from Lucasfilm, more likely than I had thought. Do you have a candidate in mind?

http://thedisneyblog.com/2016/04/04/big-ne...o-ceo-bob-iger/

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Angelo1985
messaggio 5/4/2016, 21:10
Messaggio #88

Gold Member

Non vedo l'ora se ne vada Iger e mi auguro che arrivi qualcuno che rimetta la barra dritta su ciò che è davvero Disney, perchè Iger ha fatto solo danni enormi per l'immagine della Company, resa un guazzabuglio di marchi, franchise e reboot, oltre ad aver permesso l'acquisizione degli Animation Studios da parte della Pixar.
Ben venga qualcuno di nuovo che destabilizzi il tutto.
E magari tornasse il nome di Walt.

icon_mickey.gif

User's Signature

+Quote Post
LucaDopp
messaggio 5/4/2016, 21:49
Messaggio #89

Millennium Member

CITAZIONE (Angelo1985 @ 5/4/2016, 22:10) *
oltre ad aver permesso l'acquisizione degli Animation Studios da parte della Pixar

Quando sarebbe successo?

E comunque l'azienda si chiama ancora "The Walt Disney Company" quindi non so cosa tu intenda con "tornasse il nome di Walt".

+Quote Post
Angelo1985
messaggio 5/4/2016, 22:20
Messaggio #90

Gold Member

Mi spiace informarti solo ora, ma il nome di Walt è stato rimosso da ogni prodotto con il quale la Company di fatto promuove i propri brand, in primis le proprie pellicole (pardon, file)...credo sia ormai un fatto notorio.

Eh sì, l'acquisizione è avvenuta tra gli studi, un'acquisizione di tipo culturale, scusa, "culturale" (ma anche personale, il capoccia è lo stesso!), non ho bisogno di spiegare l'ovvio, nè di cadere in flame lì dove certe cose sono state dette e ridette; se poi tu non le vedi perchè l'incanto di andare a prescindere al cinema ogni anno è troppo brillante, non è un mio problema Saluto.gif

icon_mickey.gif

User's Signature

+Quote Post
LucaDopp
messaggio 6/4/2016, 0:05
Messaggio #91

Millennium Member

CITAZIONE (Angelo1985 @ 5/4/2016, 23:20) *
Mi spiace informarti solo ora, ma il nome di Walt è stato rimosso da ogni prodotto con il quale la Company di fatto promuove i propri brand, in primis le proprie pellicole (pardon, file)...credo sia ormai un fatto notorio.

Eh sì, l'acquisizione è avvenuta tra gli studi, un'acquisizione di tipo culturale, scusa, "culturale" (ma anche personale, il capoccia è lo stesso!), non ho bisogno di spiegare l'ovvio, nè di cadere in flame lì dove certe cose sono state dette e ridette; se poi tu non le vedi perchè l'incanto di andare a prescindere al cinema ogni anno è troppo brillante, non è un mio problema Saluto.gif

Lo so benissimo, ma le scelte grafiche poco hanno a che vedere con la Company, che mantiene intatto il suo nome. Peraltro si sottovaluta sempre il ruolo che ebbe Roy, senza il quale Walt non sarebbe andato da nessuna parte (infatti in origine la società si chiamava Disney Bros.). Presumo che la scelta sia stata fatta per avere un marchio meno invasivo (quando le altre case di produzione non lo mettono affatto) e comune per tutti i film, anche per quelli che nulla hanno a che vedere con Walt Disney.

Poi vabbè, il resto sono solo tue opinioni e non fatti. Se i WDAS hanno lo stesso direttore creativo della Pixar non vuol mica dire che siano stati acquisiti dalla società, la gente che ci lavora non è la stessa. Sarebbe come dire che il D.C. United. abbia acquisito l'Inter perché le due squadre hanno lo stesso presidente... E poi i WDAS si erano già messi a produrre film in CGI (ben peggiori di quelli attuali) anche prima che la Pixar diventasse proprietà Disney, quindi di che parliamo?

+Quote Post
Grrodon
messaggio 6/4/2016, 0:36
Messaggio #92

Millennium Member

Di sciocchezze.

Non ha senso ridurre in due parole l'operato di Iger. Che include scelte ottime, pessime, furbette, lungimiranti e ottuse.

Però una cosa è certa: ha rimesso in piedi un'azienda in bancarotta rendendola la più potente del mondo. E per quanto non sia esattamente questo che volevamo, è questo che era stato chiamato a fare.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Simba88
messaggio 6/4/2016, 8:23
Messaggio #93

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore
Da: Terre del branco

CITAZIONE (Angelo1985 @ 5/4/2016, 23:20) *

icon_mickey.gif

Questo forum si chiama Disney Digital! È vero quindi che Bob Iger ha mandato una mail a Pan per rimuovere il nome "Walt" anche qua? :-P

User's Signature

+Quote Post
brigo
messaggio 6/4/2016, 9:17
Messaggio #94

Millennium Member

Da: PG

Sicuramente non inseriranno un idealista, o un artista. E i Disney interessati all'Arte di Disney son tutti morti, quindi ciao.
Chiameranno qualcuno che sappia far quadrare i conti, come Iger (in un modo o nell'altro) ha saputo fare.
Poi oh, se nella quadratura dei conti dovesse rientrarci un certo modo di fare cinema d'animazione, ben venga! Ma non credo che investire in attrezzature smantellate, poi ricomprate, infine rivendute, sia un buon modo per fare ca$h.

+Quote Post
LucaDopp
messaggio 6/4/2016, 10:50
Messaggio #95

Millennium Member

Poi io sono anche d'accordo sul fatto che Iger abbia sbagliato (solo a livello creativo, ovviamente) a imbastardire il marchio comprando Marvel e Lucasfilm. Ma cosa ci si aspetta dal suo successore, che le rivenda con quello che fruttano? Verrebbe liquidato in quattro e quattr'otto dal consiglio d'amministrazione...

+Quote Post
Fra X
messaggio 6/4/2016, 12:58
Messaggio #96

Gold Member

Solo un anno c'è stato! blink.gif

+Quote Post

15 Pagine V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (1 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 30/3/2024, 5:42