Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

43 Pagine V  « < 41 42 43  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Maleficent, Walt Disney Pictures
veu
messaggio 8/8/2020, 22:37
Messaggio #1009

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore

Un po' del dietro le quinte del film e approfondimenti sul film da parte del produttore Don Hahn.

Dal sito Buzz Feed:

"Maleficent" Took Over 10 Years To Hit The Big Screen And Here's The Story Behind It

Fun fact: the movie was originally intended to be a Tim Burton film!

It may be hard to believe, but it's been over five years since Maleficent first cast a spell on audiences. The movie was not only one of the highest-grossing films of 2014 (and the highest-grossing of Angelina Jolie's career), but it was also one of the first films that helped usher in the era of the Disney live-action remake.

But, unlike the live-action remakes that have followed, Maleficent was not a direct remake of its source material, but rather a creative retelling. In fact, a lot of the originality of the story is likely due to the film being in development for over a decade before it finally hit the big screen. So on the eve of the release of its sequel, Maleficent: Mistress of Evil, we dug up this (never before published) interview with the film's producer, Don Hahn (who also produced the animated classics Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King, among others), where he talked about everything from the long process of bringing the film to life to what it was like working with Jolie.

How did you first get involved with bringing Maleficent to the big screen?

Don Hahn: It started off as a project in animation in around 2003. I then pitched it to Tim Burton... actually I went over to Tim with three ideas to pitch. The first one was Frankenweenie, which had been an early [Disney] short film of his, and we talked about what a great movie it would make if he wanted to expand upon it in stop-motion animation film and he said, "Oh, that's great. Let's talk about it." Which of course we ended up doing Frankenweenie.

The second idea I pitched Tim was a The Nightmare Before Christmas sequel, and he said, "No, there's nothing else to talk about. What are we going to do, Nightmare Before Arbor Day?" And then the third idea I pitched him was Maleficent — I actually had a Marc Davis [the animator who designed Maleficent] drawing with me. I took the drawing and I said to him, "What about Walt Disney's Maleficent?" And he said, 'GIVE ME THAT!' and he pinned [it] up on his board and said, "OK, I'm in."

Tim was really excited about it and he actually helped develop it for a few months before his schedule got clogged up and a then number of things happened, and he had to go do Dark Shadows.

Speaking of Tim Burton, what was his version of the film going to be like? Was it going to be traditional animation or stop-motion animation?

DH: By the time we got to Tim the movie was going to be live action; we had already moved it out of animation. Tim had just finished Alice in Wonderland, so the movie probably would've been very stylized, but not in the same way Alice was since they're both a very different style of fantasy films, Maleficent being a little more earthbound."

Was Tim Burton's version of the film close to the final outcome?

DH: Oddly enough, yes. I mean, it did go through a million changes after Tim could no longer make the film. But the essence of it — digging into the origin of Maleficent, a character we know very little about — stayed very true throughout the whole project.

Also, during that brief Tim era we brought in Linda Woolverton [screenplay writer for Beauty and the Beast and The Lion King] who ended up writing the final script. And, of course, Linda and Tim had worked together on Alice in Wonderland, and I had worked with Linda on Beauty and the Beast, which was the first film I produced and it was her first screenplay — so we go way back. Linda's brilliant, and she stuck with the project and so did I, then Sean Bailey, who is president of Walt Disney Studios, brought in Angelina Jolie, and it just took off from there. Angelina and Linda are both incredibly smart and fearless in terms of storytelling and fearless in terms of making changes to the story in order to make it more relevant to audiences.

What did Angelina Jolie bring to the character of Maleficent that audiences might not be aware of?

DH: I think it's important to point out that Angelina is not just an actress, she is also a filmmaker, and because of that you are getting a wide range of contributions. In the original fairy tale, Maleficent is pretty black-and-white; she's evil, she wasn't invited to the christening, so she puts a curse on everybody and leaves. And I think what's interesting about Angelina, and certainly what Linda brought to the script, was these shades of gray. That you have this evil character that the audiences didn't quite understand and then you reveal through the story why she is evil, why she got her wings clipped, then how she softens and shows she has a heart inside.

One of Angelina's major contributions was her ability to give a very restrained performance; she could have been very broad and cartoony, because there's lots of live-action retellings of animated movies where the lead actor is just zany. So it easily could've become that, but it's because she holds back, she allows you to say, "Wow what an interesting, ethereal, dark character. Why does she [Maleficent] act that way?" And then we see why as she slowly opens up, peels back layers of the onion to see what's inside. So then you start to see hints of warmth with baby Aurora, or when she lifts little Aurora (who was played by her daughter Vivian) in her arms and plays with her. So you see moments of connection, but she doesn't just overly show you that, she's very restrained — which is the brilliance of Angelina as an actress. And, yes, then of course she gave input from the costume design, to the horns, to the facial applications — those Lady Gaga cheeks. You're getting a tremendous contribution from an actress, who is far more than an actress.

Do you know if Angelina was a fan of the character before getting involved with the film?

DH: She was! When she was a kid, she grew up with Disney — like all of us. But a dark interesting, glamorous character like Maleficent was something that really appealed to her. And if she was ever going to play a Disney character in a film, that was the character she would want to play.

There has been a lot of talk about the scene where Maleficent got her wings clipped as a metaphor for rape. Was that intentional?

DH: Audiences (and everyone) will draw their own conclusions about that scene, and I suppose that's what, in a large sense, fairy tales are: You read into it what you need to read into it. For us, getting your wings clipped is a very ancient idea going back to the story of Icarus, so when you get your wings clipped you lose your freedom, you don't have your voice really — like the scene in The Little Mermaid, where they literally take her voice so she can become human, this was that same scene. The moment where she lost her freedom, by having her wings clipped, by a man she had a romantic interest in.

So I completely understand why people read into it; that's not a bad thing. For us as storytellers it was a scene where she suffers the ultimate insult in every way, by taking away the freedom for Maleficent to live her life the way it was meant to be.

In the same vein, were you surprised by people calling this a male-bashing film?

DH: (laughs) No, I wasn't. But I found it [the movie] fresh because we have a legacy of hundreds of years of stories of princesses who are worthless until their princes show up. And this originally was one of them. In the original fairy tale she is not only worthless, but has to fall asleep for a hundred years until the right guy comes along and says, "OK, you can have a life now because your man is here." And that type of story is, I guess, great for 1959, but for audiences and society now it's an antiquated and inappropriate story to tell. So it's not any more male-bashing than many other movies, but I feel we weren't looking to take a harsh look at men, but instead to a closer look at where love comes from. And love can exist between this fairy godmother and Aurora, as can it be sustained between prince and princess, that love comes in many different forms and it can even break the curse between these two characters. That was a far more interesting story than just having a prince kiss and awaken her; it was something fresh and a topic that hadn't been explored before.

So does it male bash? I'll leave that to audiences to decide whether it does or not. Does the film have strong female characters? Yes, and thank God! Thank God. Being able to have actresses like Elle Fanning and Angie, to tell a story that is essentially about love, and peeling back layers of our individual woundedness, and being vulnerable to each other, what a great story that is. And in part, I feel that is why the movie has been such a success.

Speaking of success, one of the big things today is to build theme park attractions based on blockbuster movies. Is that something that is in the works?

DH: I honestly don't know, but being the Walt Disney Company, of course we'll have plans. It's part of the business to want to capitalize on successes. The cool thing about the character of Maleficent is that it's already at the center of the Walt Disney Company because it's part of the Sleeping Beauty story, and literally in the center of Disneyland as part of Sleeping Beauty Castle. So I am sure at some point there might be an attraction connected to this movie, but that wouldn't be unusual since the Sleeping Beauty story has already been connected to Disney for so long.

Lastly, are there any plans to bring other Disney villains to the big screen?

DH: No, but I was asked that recently and I thought, How cool would it be to do, like, an Ursula movie? It would be amazing. Villains are always the favorite characters, and they have such rich, cool personalities. I mean, there must be so much to those characters for them to be the way the are. Gaston, Scar, Ursula, and all the other villains are messed up characters, and they're probably more like us than we would like to think, because they're complex characters. We're neither good nor evil; we're full of contrasts and contradictions. That's why the villains are so interesting, 'cause they're full of contradictions too.

So no, we haven't talked about it really, but we probably should.

User's Signature

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
nicolino
messaggio 9/8/2020, 6:13
Messaggio #1010

Top Member

Gruppo: Utente
Da: Roma

Sempre la solita pippa e sempre il solito gettare la solita valanga di m... sui film del passato, definendoli inappropriati e per la società moderna, quando qui di inappropriato ci sono solo i film di bruttezza inaudita quali Maleficent.

Chissà perché questi idioti non si chiedono come mai le principesse "worthless" del passato e i film che loro criticano tanto (ma grazie al quale guadagnano milioni) sono e continueranno sempre ad essere considerati classici del cinema, quando le loro schifezze finiscono immediatamente nel dimenticatoio.

Per quanto mi riguarda, sono sempre meno attratto a questa nuova faccia della Disney e ormai sto perdendo ogni tipo di interesse per i loro prodotti.

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 11/8/2020, 23:42
Messaggio #1011

Gold Member

Per la verità si criticano più le fiabe di base, che non il film Classico. E comunque Maleficent non ha snaturato Aurora, che rimane un personaggio femminile, romantico ma certamente più attivo. Inutile dire che i modelli pensati per le bambine di oggi non sono più fare la cuoca e l'angelo del focolare. Credo che il produttore si sia terribilmente espresso male; non credo affatto disprezzi i Classici ma quel tipo di racconto non può essere proposto paro paro alle nuove generazioni, non siamo ipocriti (senza offesa nicolino, parlo in generale).

+Quote Post
Under the sea
messaggio 2/6/2021, 22:54
Messaggio #1012

Top Member

https://images.app.goo.gl/QjokDH7JAVDTC4GA6
https://images.app.goo.gl/FJLN9jav6PXasMus6
https://images.app.goo.gl/WVQ1gAdZoL1JZ8hg7
https://images.app.goo.gl/cTe5oqzLZ1gvdhtr8

Ragazzi non riesco a caricare le immagini,se dal link riuscite a visualizzarle potete provare a farlo voi?
Comunque come ho già detto un vero peccato che siano stati tagliati fuori.
Firmerei davvero una petizione per avere il film completo!

Messaggio modificato da Under the sea il 2/6/2021, 22:59

+Quote Post
I seguenti utenti hanno apprezzato questo post:
Logan232
messaggio 3/6/2021, 10:50
Messaggio #1013

Millennium Member

Da: Roma

Io non sapevo nulla di tutto ciò. È molto interessante! Grazie per le info smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hiroe
messaggio 3/6/2021, 12:48
Messaggio #1014

Gold Member

Da: Pisa

Anche per me è stato interessante da scoprire. In effetti il film avrebbe avuto un altro spessore!

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 3/6/2021, 16:52
Messaggio #1015

Gold Member

A me viene il magone per tanta bellezza gettata alle ortiche (come sempre). Grazie Under the Sea!

+Quote Post
Fulvio84
messaggio 3/6/2021, 20:31
Messaggio #1016

Gold Member

Da: Caserta

La verita' e' che non ho mai capito perche poi l'abbiano cambiato, soprattutto in peggio

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Under the sea
messaggio 3/6/2021, 22:04
Messaggio #1017

Top Member

Ragazzi di nulla,per me è sempre bello condividere, anche perché starei ore a dialogare di ciò.
Comunque può darsi che davvero come fosse stato realizzato non funzionasse, però ce avendoli letti,i dialoghi erano buoni, quindi potevano rigirarli in modo appropriato.
Ho letto che erano perplessi perché Angelina Jolie sarebbe apparsa 15/20 minuti dopo l'inizio.
Ma anche in Crudelia lo spazio dedicato a lei da bambina è grande e a me non ha dato fastidio.
Spero che davvero questo materiale venga recuperato e rieditato, anche se so che non succederà mai.
Peter Capaldi ci è rimasto molto male,mentre la Richardson non ho mai trovato nessuna intervista in cui parla di questo film.
Se loro spingessero i loro fan a farsi sentire,magari potrebbe succedere come la Snyder cut di Justice League,ma penso che ora sto sperando troppo...

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 3/6/2021, 22:30
Messaggio #1018

Gold Member

Che belle queste ricerche grafiche!
Maleficent è uno di quei film che non ci stancheremo mai di studiare... è troppo top!

tra l'altro anche a noi piaceva l'idea di Aurora come Fata... così come l'idea della maledizione a Malefica e il fatto che avrebbe portato le corna per 100 anni... richiami alla favola originale, in altro modo ma c'erano

avevamo trovato tempo fa una ricerca grafica del funerale della Regina Ulla con tutte le fate attorno... dobbiamo vedere se la ritroviamo...

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Under the sea
messaggio 3/6/2021, 23:09
Messaggio #1019

Top Member

CITAZIONE (veu @ 3/6/2021, 23:30) *
Che belle queste ricerche grafiche!
Maleficent è uno di quei film che non ci stancheremo mai di studiare... è troppo top!

tra l'altro anche a noi piaceva l'idea di Aurora come Fata... così come l'idea della maledizione a Malefica e il fatto che avrebbe portato le corna per 100 anni... richiami alla favola originale, in altro modo ma c'erano

avevamo trovato tempo fa una ricerca grafica del funerale della Regina Ulla con tutte le fate attorno... dobbiamo vedere se la ritroviamo...

Si vi prego veu se la ritrovate postatela,vorrei davvero venderla!
Comunque anche io trovo davvero interessante quel periodo di Maleficent,in cui cercavano di ampliare le storie dei cartoni, creandoci dei mondi e retroscena sconosciuti.
Peccato che nonostante fossero stati annunciati anche altri sul genere non se ne sia fatto più nulla.
Quelli di cui ero più curioso erano rose red(e ringrazio ancora i veu per avermi inviato il soggetto) e the Beast,il quale sto cercando da mesi qualche informazione ma niente.
Comunque cercando altro su internet ho trovato anche una ricerca grafica del bastone della regina ulla!
https://images.app.goo.gl/vd68i5R2n3VFN8bR6

Messaggio modificato da Under the sea il 3/6/2021, 23:26

+Quote Post
The Little Merma...
messaggio 10/9/2021, 17:56
Messaggio #1020

Top Member

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/exclu...w0ZLA0qgBu0WmQM

Terzo capitolo in cantiere... sarà vero??? *_____*

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 10/9/2021, 22:37
Messaggio #1021

Gold Member

magari!!! ci piacerebbe moltissimo Maleficent 3... però se lo volessero fare dovrebbero comunque mantenere anche Aurora... la saga si compone del duo Malefica/Aurora. è nata così e deve restare così, evitando stupidaggini alla Cacciatore e la Regina di ghiaccio dove hanno tolto Biancaneve e la saga è andata a farsi benedire con il floppone del sequel.
Maleficent 2 è stato bellissimo, un'ottima continuazione del primo Maleficent... se vogliono fare il capitolo 3 su quella scia allora ben venga, se invece vogliono togliere i personaggi allora meglio evitare di rovinare una saga bellissima come quella realizzata

Noi saremmo a favore ma SOLO se nel terzo film ci sono sia Malefica sia Aurora. Diversamente meglio evitare

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 19/9/2021, 13:33
Messaggio #1022

Gold Member

Da Youtube (minuto 1:01:27) il noto Skyler parla di Maleficent 3... e dice che nei mesi scorsi era in sviluppo ma che al momento non c'è niente di concreto, e che probabilmente non verrà realizzato.

Guardate il video e diteci se abbiamo capito giusto...

Secondo noi alla fine non realizzano Maleficent 3 perché prima o poi fanno La Bella Addormentata nel Bosco per Disney +

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Under the sea
messaggio 19/9/2021, 14:38
Messaggio #1023

Top Member

Anch'io avevo pensato alla bella addormentata nel bosco per Disney plus.
Anzi coi tempi che corrono oggi può darsi che resuscitano il film musical con canzoni latine che era in produzione negli anni 90, dopo il Cenerentola di brandy.
Così da differenziarlo ulteriormente da Maleficent.

+Quote Post
I seguenti utenti hanno apprezzato questo post:
veu
messaggio 19/9/2021, 21:52
Messaggio #1024

Gold Member

magari riprendessero il progetto della Bella Addormentata con ambientazione latina! ci sarebbe piaciuto troppo che lo avessero realizzato...

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 20/9/2021, 17:52
Messaggio #1025

Gold Member

Purtroppo la fonte di Skyler, un/una super reporter, ha negato al 100% che ci sarà; Angelina non ha firmato né tantomeno è pronto uno script.
Un vero peccato :/

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 20/9/2021, 20:26
Messaggio #1026

Gold Member

ed è davvero un peccato! questo franchise è stato uno dei più belli di sempre... certo meglio non farlo se facendolo rovinano la storia come hanno fatto con Biancaneve e il Cacciatore e il suo pseudo-sequel Il Cacciatore e la Regina di ghiaccio

anche se crediamo che l'universo della Bella Addormentata sia uno di quelli che ha molto da offrire e da far scoprire... sarebbe bello se per Disney+ riprendessero l'idea della serie tv After che avevano pensato anni fa... la Bella Addormentata ha un universo spettacolare e molto fiabesco... forse uno dei più fiabeschi tra i film disneyani

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Under the sea
messaggio 20/9/2021, 21:58
Messaggio #1027

Top Member

Si l'universo della bella addormentata è davvero stupendo.
Basta leggere la prima sceneggiatura di Maleficent per capire quanto può essere espanso.
Comunque io preferirei che lo lasciassero così,ho paura che in un potenziale sequel rovinino tutto.
Secondo me se aspettano un po' possono fare il live action su Disney plus,che come idea mi entusiasma di più

Messaggio modificato da Under the sea il 20/9/2021, 21:58

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 21/9/2021, 18:57
Messaggio #1028

Gold Member

Non riesco a credere che mettano da parte la Malefica di Angelina per un'altra interprete e un'altra versione del personaggio. E' troppo impressa nell'immaginario contemporaneo, come minimo bisognerebbe aspettare 10/15 anni prima di riproporre il personaggio per un ipotetico live action di Sleeping Beauty. Poi oh, tutto è possibile, la Disney non mi meraviglia più con le sue scelte.

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 21/9/2021, 21:43
Messaggio #1029

Gold Member

ma anche secondo noi la Malefica di Angelina Jolie è stato un super personaggio... forse è il personaggio più iconico di tutti i live action.
intanto, che sia stato apprezzato o meno, il film con la Jolie ha avuto un impatto molto importante nell'immaginario collettivo ed è diventato quasi un classico. quando si parla di remake/reboot/retelling in live action la prima pellicola che viene in mente è proprio Maleficent...

User's Signature

+Quote Post

43 Pagine V  « < 41 42 43
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (1 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 19/3/2024, 7:07