Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

17 Pagine V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Peter Pan & Wendy (Live Action), Disney + / ex Walt Disney Pictures
veu
messaggio 18/3/2023, 0:23
Messaggio #337

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore

Dal sito The Hollywood Reporter:

Yara Shahidi on “Beautiful” Response to Her and Halle Bailey Playing Disney Icons, “Seeing How Many People Feel Included in This Fairy Tale”

Shahidi will play Tinker Bell in the upcoming 'Peter Pan & Wendy,' while Bailey will star as Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid.'

In the last two weeks, Disney has released trailers for both Peter Pan & Wendy and The Little Mermaid, with Yara Shahidi as Tinker Bell and Halle Bailey as Ariel, respectively. Both actresses, who co-starred on Grown-ish, break new ground in playing Disney icons, who have historically been white, and the two friends have been able to share in bringing diversity to the classic stories.

Shahidi told The Hollywood Reporter at Tuesday night’s Los Angeles premiere of Extrapolations, the Apple TV+ drama series in which she also appears, that she’s “so excited to watch Halle onscreen — if there’s anybody that is a princess just in real life, in the world, it’s Halle,” adding that her playing Ariel “made so much sense.”

She said that despite the fact that both have faced racist backlash for their castings, overall “what’s been beautiful is seeing the response to both of our characters and seeing how many people feel included in this fairy tale, while also maintaining the magic that we love in the first place.

Shahidi continued, “I think oftentimes people think of diversity and inclusion as threatening or jeopardizing the quality of the story, instead of seeing how beautifully they can be interwoven together to create something that impacts even more people, that lets even more people into stories that we love.”

Shahidi stars alongside Jude Law, Alexander Molony, Ever Anderson, Alan Tudyk and Jim Gaffigan in Peter Pan & Wendy, which debuts April 28 on Disney+. Bailey’s The Little Mermaid co-stars Melissa McCarthy, Awkwafina, Daveed Diggs, Javier Bardem and Jonah Hauer-King, and hits theaters May 26.

User's Signature

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 22/3/2023, 23:59
Messaggio #338

Gold Member

Da Badtaste:

Peter Pan e Wendy: Yara Shahidi parla della necessità di rivisitare la storia in chiave moderna

In una recente intervista con Extra, Yara Shahidi ha parlato di Peter Pan e Wendy e delle novità apportate dalla nuova rivisitazione del classico Disney firmata da David Lowery.

L’attrice che interpreta Trilly ha parlato nello specifico della necessità di rivisitare la storia in chiave moderna:

"È un momento così bello per mettere piede in una fiaba che significa così tanto per le persone.. credo che i remake debbano dimostrare perché i film vengano rifatti, e dopo aver visto il film posso dire che David Lowery lo ha rivisitato in modo così naturale.

lo ha aggiornato in maniera rispettosa della mitologia di Peter Pan e al contempo ha corretto sottilmente gli stereotipi che sfortunatamente sono stati tramandati da fiaba a fiaba. E poi ha corretto le rappresentazioni indigene ritratte in modo sbagliato in alcune delle versioni passate".

La pellicola, diretta dal regista di Il drago invisibile e Storia di un fantasma, ha come protagonisti Alexander Molon ed Ever Anderson nelle vesti di Peter e Wendy. La data d’uscita su Disney+ è fissata al 28 aprile.

Nel cast troviamo Jim Gaffigan (American Life, Lo scandalo Kennedy) nel ruolo di Spugna, noto braccio destro di Capitan Uncino, interpretato da Jude Law. Yara Shahidi è Campanellino, mentre Molly Parker (House of Cards) e Alan Tudyk (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) sono i signori Darling; Joshua Pickering è John, mentre Jacobi Jupe è Michael. Alyssa Wapanatâhk, infine, interpreta Giglio Tigrato.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 28/3/2023, 21:51
Messaggio #339

Gold Member

Poster dei personaggi del film:

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 29/3/2023, 20:30
Messaggio #340

Gold Member

Intervista al regista Lowery da Total Film Magazine:

TEASERS: FLIGHT CLUB
PETER PAN & WENDY

David Lowery’s live-action Disney adaptation takes the boy who wouldn’t grow up to soaring new heights.

There are few filmmakers with CVs as eclectic as David Lowery. Alongside a gritty Arthurian fantasy (The Green Knight), a septuagenarian crime caper (The Old Man & the Gun) and a supernatural study in grief (A Ghost Story), the 42-year-old writer/director has carved out a counter-intuitive niche adapting Disney classics, including the Bryce Dallas Howard-starring Pete’s Dragon in 2016 and, now, a House of Mouse crown jewel in Peter Pan. ‘To me, it makes total sense,’ Lowery tells Teasers of his two outwardly distinct filmmaking lanes. ‘The line between Peter Pan and The Green Knight is minimal. I’m like, “They’re both adventure movies. They’re basically the same film, aren’t they?”’

In at least one respect that statement is very true. Like The Green Knight’s ancient lands, Peter Pan & Wendy’s Neverland is a tangible, earthy creation worlds away from the tropics of the animated movie, and shot entirely on location in Newfoundland and the Faroe Islands. ‘We weren’t going to build Neverland on a soundstage,’ Lowery nods. ‘We really wanted this to feel like you could stumble out of your door, into the backyard, and get lost in a forest and have an adventure similar to this.’

Despite being backed by Disney, Lowery came to the project as a fan of J.M. Barrie’s original Peter Pan stories, released at one point under the name Peter Pan and Wendy – inspiring the title of this latest live-action adaptation. Announced in April 2016, before Pete’s Dragon had even hit cinemas, Peter Pan & Wendy was significantly more challenging to adapt than Lowery anticipated. Setting aside the fact that he shot and released three features in the interim, Lowery claims to have ‘never spent this much time on a movie’, with the screenplay going through numerous page-one rewrites.

Early versions stuck closely to Barrie’s book, but bumped up against P.J. Hogan’s 2003 Peter Pan as a result (‘He adapted the book perfectly – there was no way that we could best that.’) Instead, Lowery found himself turning to the 1953 animated film for answers. ‘We realised that Walt Disney and the team had solved a number of problems that we were already having with how to get into the story,’ says Lowery, who co-wrote the screenplay with Toby Halbrooks. ‘So we started to lean a little more heavily on the animated film, but, at the same time, always trying to keep the book’s almost anarchic, adult spirit.’

The result is a film that’s far more faithful to its source material than Lowery’s ground-up reinvention of Pete’s Dragon. ‘I would often say: if it’s in the ride at Disneyland, it needs to be in the movie,’ Lowery chuckles, ‘because those are the things people remember. So we really tried to treat this as if it was the very first Peter Pan movie, while also keeping in mind the legacy.’

That legacy includes indelible songs – several of which feature in Lowery’s film – and, more problematically, the unacceptable depiction of indigenous characters. Watch the animated film on Disney+ and the first thing you’ll be greeted by is a screen warning of ‘stereotypes that were wrong then, and are wrong now’. Tiger Lily will still feature in Peter Pan & Wendy, played by indigenous actor Alyssa Wapanatâhk, but will be handled more respectfully.

‘The challenge for us was: how do we take this character who, going back to the original text, was problematic, and give her a role that is not only supporting, but integral to the entire movie?’ Lowery says, pointing out that the history of the character was completely rewritten to incorporate elements of Wapanatâhk’s own culture. ‘There was nothing from the past that we needed to hang on to when it came to Tiger Lily. The version of the character in the movie, who is so strong and vibrant, it’s incredible. There should be a Tiger Lily movie!’

Casting relative newcomers Ever Anderson (daughter of director Paul W.S. and actor Milla Jovovich) as Wendy, and Alexander Molony as Peter Pan, Lowery points out that ‘the story ultimately is, and always has been, Wendy’s’, even calling Pan ‘incidental’ to Wendy’s journey. ‘I really wanted to do something different with Peter,’ he says. ‘Peter, in the animated movie, tricks us into thinking that we like him. But he’s an incredibly unlikeable character! In our film, he is very serious, to a fault, about what he thinks is the most important thing in the world, which is not growing up. It becomes a sticking point between him and Wendy.’

Lowery’s film also has an ace up the sleeve of its billowing pirate coat in the form of Jude Law, who plays crocodile-fearing sea dog Captain Hook. In sync from their very first Zoom meeting, the pair had to fully flesh out a two-dimensional character for live action. ‘We really wanted to understand why Hook hates Peter Pan so much,’ Lowery explains. ‘Where does that anger come from? We did our best to build out a story for the two characters, and a sense of history, and a sense of mythology.’ But why Law? ‘You want someone who can lean into the moustache-twirling when it’s appropriate but then also break your heart when you need that to happen as well,’ Lowery smiles. ‘I can’t think of anyone better to straddle those two things in the same way that he straddles the crocodile’s jaw.’ Oh, snap! JORDAN FARLEY

Nuova immagine:

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 10/4/2023, 19:58
Messaggio #341

Gold Member

* NUOVO TRAILER *

Per me riuscito, mi piacciono tutti. Anche Trilli, e questo Peter ha una spocchietta e un look insoliti.

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 10/4/2023, 20:36
Messaggio #342

Gold Member

molto bello questo trailer, molto adrenalinico e d'avventura!
davvero efficace!

Qui da Twitter e Film Krant, intervista al regista Lowery:

With the live-action remake Peter Pan & Wendy, you are once again working for Disney. "The request to make a new adaptation of J.M. Barrie's beloved classic came from Disney producers, but I was immediately interested. Although there was also doubt, because I am a fan of P.J. Hogan's Peter Pan [2003]. A version that takes the story seriously, highlights the sexual tension between Peter and Wendy and also exposes a certain sadness. I wasn't sure I could do better, but the challenge intrigued me. Could I leave my mark on the story? Could I captivate the audience with a story they already knew? In the end, the only approach was the one used in all my films: pretend there are no other versions. Starting out with an open mind to tell the story very sincerely and enthusiastically, with respect for the story and for the audience. Without trying to reinvent the wheel. You cannot pretend to the audience that this is a completely new film. It's about the familiar Peter Pan and the known story, but hopefully through our passion it will take on an urgency."

The Magic Kingdom attraction Peter Pan's Flight is charming but, especially compared to the Star Wars and Avatar 'rides' in Orlando, old-fashioned. Did Disney see your film as the impetus for an update? "I don't think so, Disney didn't give any instructions along those lines at all. We did talk about it, but only about the fact that this ride is still incredibly popular. It's one of those attractions you can't touch. The old-fashioned - with models, puppets and shadow play - is precisely its fairy-tale charm. Before we started Peter Pan & Wendy, we went to Disney World to experience the key elements of the attraction and get the spirit of it into the movie. We succeeded, but at the same time it also became the most personal film I ever made. Somewhat surprisingly, it even became my most mature film. Beforehand, I thought Peter Pan & Wendy would match my desire for eternal youth, but actually it became a Peter Pan from an adult perspective. I am proud that a new generation will discover the story in this way."

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 10/4/2023, 20:55
Messaggio #343

Gold Member

Finalmente risposte ad un'intervista che suonano autentiche, non presuntuose e nè paracule. Con questo ultimo trailer, poi, mi sono convinto a vederlo con una certa aspettativa. Ho delle vibes positive. Speriamo.

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 11/4/2023, 20:45
Messaggio #344

Gold Member

* TRAILER FINALE IN ITALIANO *

+Quote Post
theprinceisonfir...
messaggio 13/4/2023, 19:50
Messaggio #345

Millennium Member

Gruppo: Utente

Il trono del trailer è epico, Ever Anderson sembra molto talentuosa e credo che il regista abbia ben compreso lo spirito di Peter Pan. Mi aspetto un film nostalgico, sulla scia del suo " A Ghost Story".
Purtroppo la CGI è scadente, le scene di volo sono rovinate e persino peggiori di quelle de "la storia infinita".
Rimango fiducioso, tutto sommato.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 13/4/2023, 23:08
Messaggio #346

Gold Member

non neghiamo che questo film ci incuriosisce molto
ha atmosfere un po' dell'epoca del decadentismo... che sia un effetto voluto?
questa Isola che non c'è oscura però è molto efficace... ci ricorda più che le atmosfere alla Burton (tipicamente virate verso l'horror) qualcosa che mescola le idee dei film britannici degli anni 70/80 (avete presente Oliver Twist del 1982 con George C Scott?) con quella concezione di reale/fantastico di Nel Fantastico Mondo di Oz o appunto La Storia Infinita
Lowery studia molto per i suoi film e questo effetto secondo noi è scelto appositamente

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 16/4/2023, 22:37
Messaggio #347

Gold Member

Nuove immagini:

Secondo la pagina Twitter Almanaque Disney, Peter Pan & Wendy avrà una nuova canzone intitolata "All Grown Up".
La medesima pagina Twitter riporta che la canzone Puoi Volar (in originale "You Can Fly") è l'unica canzone del film originale usata nella pellicola.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Hiroe
messaggio 17/4/2023, 3:40
Messaggio #348

Gold Member

Da: Pisa

Ottima scelta, anche io avrei usato solo quella... Dispiace per le altre memorabili canzoni del cartone ma questi toni più cupi precludono tante canzonette allegre e canzonatorie come quelle dei pirati.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Mr. Hook
messaggio 17/4/2023, 11:57
Messaggio #349

Puoi volar è l’unica canzone che aveva senso di esistere in questo live action.
Anche se sinceramente questa sta Wendy che canta la canzone della Mamma poteva avere un suo perché... ovviamente con “un suo perché” intendo “essere fuori posto come un vegetariano che di lavoro fa il macellaio”

+Quote Post
Hiroe
messaggio 17/4/2023, 11:59
Messaggio #350

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (Mr. Hook @ 17/4/2023, 12:57) *
Puoi volar è l’unica canzone che aveva senso di esistere in questo live action.
Anche se sinceramente questa sta Wendy che canta la canzone della Mamma poteva avere un suo perché... ovviamente con “un suo perché” intendo “essere fuori posto come un vegetariano che di lavoro fa il macellaio”

Roftl.gif Roftl.gif

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Under the sea
messaggio 17/4/2023, 13:19
Messaggio #351

Top Member

Sinceramente per il tipo di progetto che è mi sorprende che abbiano utilizzato una canzone del classico.
Infatti oltre quella mi sembra comunque un film completamente a se stante

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 18/4/2023, 22:03
Messaggio #352

Gold Member

Nuovo spot:

su Instagram:

Click

Su Youtube:

Click

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 20/4/2023, 23:03
Messaggio #353

Gold Member

Un po' di clip:

Captain Hook’s Short Fuse Clip - Click

A Little Bug - Click

Nothing Changes - Click

Tyger Lily Rides In - Click

Whats a Wendy - Click

User's Signature

+Quote Post
nicolino
messaggio 21/4/2023, 14:14
Messaggio #354

Top Member

Da: Roma

Grazie Veu.

Peter Pan sembra decisamente moooolto meglio rispetto a quello che avevo immaginato e da quello che si percepiva nelle fotografie. Inoltre l'attore sembra essersi calato molto bene nella parte. Devo dire che il vocione inaspettato fa molto, voce che però io sento metallica rispetto alle altre e su cui secondo me sono intervenuti col computer.
Detto questo, non è certo il mio Peter Pan ideale. Il problema maggiore è quando è accanto a Wendy che nel film sembra dieci metri più alta di lui (e matura sotto ogni punto di vista). Devono avere davvero eliminato ogni componente "romantica" perché sarebbe ridicolo che una giovane donna come è rappresentata qui Wendy fosse in qualche modo attratta da un bambino.

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 21/4/2023, 17:54
Messaggio #355

Gold Member

Beh, che non ci sia un interesse amoroso non l'ho mai lontanamente pensato visto l'andazzo della Disney odierna e il loro senso contorto di girl power.

+Quote Post
nicolino
messaggio 21/4/2023, 18:41
Messaggio #356

Top Member

Da: Roma

Day, ma anche io non ho mai avuto dubbi. Piu' che di vero e proprio interesse amoroso parlavo di quel fascino che comunque tutte le ragazze del cartone subiscono davanti a Peter Pan, che qui sarebbe ridicolo per quanto il giovane possa avere tutto il carisma del mondo in quanto, appunto, c'e' una differenza abissale di età scenica.

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 21/4/2023, 20:05
Messaggio #357

Gold Member

Capisco smile.gif tuttavia ho la sensazione che il ragazzino otterrà il proprio stuolo di ammiratrici. Ho visto qua e là nel trailer quell’atteggiamento acchiappa like.

EDIT: oddio, ecco gli attori all'anteprima di Londra, abbastanza imbarazzante il fattore crescita: FB

+Quote Post
Hiroe
messaggio 22/4/2023, 0:39
Messaggio #358

Gold Member

Umamma che fiore splendente è Ever Anderson*_* troppo bella! La Disney se la tenga cara e faccia altri film con lei, subito!!!

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 23/4/2023, 19:19
Messaggio #359

Gold Member

sì anche noi troviamo Ever Anderson bellissima! sperando abbia maggior fortuna rispetto all'altra bellissima degli anni scorsi, Mackenzie Foy, che purtroppo è sparita
potrebbero riutilizzarla in un Peter Pan 2 o in un altro film

Qui nuova locandina:

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 23/4/2023, 20:10
Messaggio #360

Gold Member

Dal sito Games Radar:

Peter Pan & Wendy director promises the movie won't be a "dark and gritty" version of the story

Exclusive: David Lowery opens up on his live-action Peter Pan & Wendy in the new issue of SFX Magazine

Peter Pan & Wendy director David Lowery isn't the first person to tackle an adaptation of the boy who wouldn't grow up. In fact, one of the most famous takes on the tale is Disney's own 1953 animated movie.

Lowery's version, he tells SFX Magazine in the new issue, featuring Picard on the cover, is an "adaptation of all the best parts of that film, with plenty of intervention and reinvigoration."

It was the filmmaker's "guiding light" throughout the writing process, and he wanted to make sure that much of the iconography – such as Pan and Wendy flying over London – remained, while more dated aspects (like the original's depiction of Neverland's natives) were removed or updated for modern times.

Following the release of the trailer, these changes were the biggest talking points. First there was the fact that the footage struck a particularly serious, grounded tone that felt different to the animation. "As a Peter Pan film, it's not going to surprise anyone who knows the original material," Lowery says. "It's very fun and it's funny. If it's grounded, it's only because we were trying to shoot on location, build all of our sets, and have everything feel like a real place. I always value the idea that Neverland is a place that a child could actually get to. As to whether it's a dark and gritty version of Peter Pan… it's not."

Despite Lowery admitting that he has mainly stayed away from the discourse, SFX brings up another online annoyance: why isn't Jude Law's villainous Captain Hook hot? "What are they talking about?" he asks with amazement. "It's one shot! Wait to pass judgement until you see the rest."

User's Signature

+Quote Post

17 Pagine V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (1 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 27/4/2024, 13:01