Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

455 Pagine V  « < 452 453 454 455 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rapunzel - L'Intreccio della Torre, Walt Disney Animation Studios
veu
messaggio 22/10/2015, 11:55
Messaggio #10873

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore

Dato che in molti erano interessati a conoscere di più rispetto alla versione dark di Keane e Wellins, riportiamo qui alcune notizie dal forum DVDizzy:

Glean Keane and Dean Wellins were both directing partners on Rapunzel. Keane's version of Rapunzel was a darker tale than what we got, but generally more accurate to the original tale. It was meant to be a throwback to the 40s and 50s films (ex. Snow White, Pinocchio, Cinderella, etc.) but with a lot more character development. The film wouldn't have been a traditional broadway musical, but there would have been songs in the vein of the aforementioned movies. His motto for the film was "plus est en vous" which translates to "there is more than you." This would have been a huge theme for the movie in regards to the characters. Mother Gothel, for example, was far less theatrical and comedic in this version. She wasn't nearly as passive aggressive to Rapunzel either, so from the outside looking in, anyone would think Gothel is actually a good and caring mother. Her design also reflected this because it was more toned down from her Tangled design. Most Disney Villains can be identified as villains from the second you see them, just because of their designs, but Gothel was different. The audience would be led to believe she is a good mother until you realized just how monstrous she is inside. Gothel would die, although after Rapunzel and Bastion (and Beau, the animal sidekick) would leave the tower, concept art shows them being followed by these sinister magical trees. Not sure if they were connected to Gothel, or if she would even be dead by that point.

This would be juxtaposed by Bastion who was the prince/Flynn Rider figure. Bastion would be very tall and heavyset to differentiate him from the other princes, but he would be a real softy on the inside, despite appearing intimidating. He was also a thief in this version, but a far more sympathetic one. He hates what he does, but he has nothing else to get by on, forcing him to remain a thief. This is different enough from Aladdin, who doesn't really have moral issues with being a thief, he just doesn't like being a street rat. Concept art also shows his origin. It appears as though he was orphaned as a young boy and found himself in the dank and dirty streets of the kingdom, leading to him becoming a thief.

There was a much larger supporting cast as well. Disney gets lots of complaints for whitewashing their films and completely eradicating any people of color from western European countries (ex. Brave, Frozen), but Rapunzel actually had Xavier, a black man who would have been one of Bastion's only allies. Bastion would also have a pet basset hound named Beau (he actually came from Rapunzel Unbraided). Rapunzel had no animal sidekicks to show just how alone she really is. Gothel was Rapunzel's foe, but Bastion had one as well. His name was Griffol, and he seemed to be an aristocratic type of figure. I'm not too sure how he would relate to the film, but my suspicions are that he was somehow connected to the king, while also in league with the treacherous thieves Bastion would be forced to associate with. There were two other thieve types of characters, who from first glance, are obviously villains or the sidekicks of the villains (in this case Griffol). One was named Crowley (skinny, hooked nose, bald) and the other had no name given (short and stout. Like a Peter Pettigrew from Harry Potter). I think Griffol was in league with these thieves for his own personal gain (maybe plundering from the kingdom to add to his own wealth? Perhaps he was planning something against the king?) I'm guessing that since Rapunzel doesn't leave the tower until near the end, she must have discovered her identity as the lost princess beforehand (the catalyst for her leaving the tower), meaning only Bastion could have told her, so my guesses on how he learned it link him to Griffol since he was likely linked with the king. I could be very wrong though. The King and Queen also had much harsher designs. They are clad in Roman warrior types of clothing, so that makes me think, that after their daughter's kidnapping, the King and Queen become more hardened and perhaps more warlike. Sort of like how in Barbie of Rapunzel, Rapunzel's father declares war on the neighboring kingdom, because he believes they stole his daughter. Maybe Griffol benefited from the King and Queen's grieved states, I'm not sure.

Her tower, which would have been a much darker design, both inside and out, was full of some truly creeping paintings which Bastion would react to. Most of them would involve monsters chasing a little girl who would be running to her mother for safety, obviously thanks to Gothel's brainwashing. This version of Rapunzel was not eager to leave the tower at all because Gothel had indoctrinated into her a fear of the outside world. Hence, why when Bastion first climbs into the tower, Rapunzel confronts him with a crossbow (rather than that silly frying pan, which feminists decried as keeping her in the kitchen). I think Bastion would slowly ease her into wanting to leave the tower and go to the outside world, because for much of the film she would be reluctant, first out of fear, and then out of guilt to her mother. Gothel would slowly notice signs though, such as Rapunzel humming a tune she wouldn't have known otherwise, as well as keeping a diary/journal. I think her paintings would also start to change and be more receptive to the outside world.

Painting was a bigger deal in this film since Rapunzel wouldn't leave the tower until about 2/3s or 3/4s of the movie in. Actually, this was an issue in production, because Lasseter praised the film's opening as one of the best he had ever seen. The first half was said by all to be just incredible, but it was the second half that was struggling because Rapunzel remains stuck in her tower. This is why when the new team of Nathan and Byron came along, they had Rapunzel leave the tower early on, since the film was losing steam by then. I think Lasseter feared that audiences would be bored to just see Rapunzel and Bastion in the tower for so long and felt there needed to be more action (hence, Tangled's pub scene and onwards). Anyway one scene shows Rapunzel painting on Bastion's hand in the tower. Another scene, when they first meet, would have Rapunzel being fascinated with Bastion's stubble (having never met a man before).

Concept art shows that Keane's version also had the flower (and probably originated it). Rapunzel had the green dress that most people seem to prefer her in (not including small children who are probably attracted to the glittery pink and purple). The film in general seemed darker and grittier, since the art style was based off of Rembrandt paintings (some Fragonard, but that was mostly Rapunzel Unbraided and then Tangled. Hence the buttery, bright look. Some concept art of the kingdom still looks like this). Everything, including the kingdom seems to follow this pattern, perhaps to reflect that the kingdom has lost its way with Rapunzel gone. Actually some of the concept art of the kingdom reminds me of Hunchback. The castle also looked more like a classical French castle rather than the more eastern Disney-esque palace we ended up getting. The castle was based off of the French Renaissance, and going by the paintings, and some of the names (Beau) it appeared as though Rapunzel was set in France, during the 1820s/Regency Era. Gothel has the Victorian governess look, Rapunzel sometimes was seen wearing finger-less gloves, the Queen had empire-waistline dresses, etc (Tangled btw is set in the 1780s so a little bit earlier). Although the original story is German, apparently this version had influences from the French version of Rapunzel called "Persinette" so it wouldn't be too out there to change the setting. Gothel could still be German, hence why Rapunzel is named Rapunzel (german for the rampion plant, which is what the magical flower is). Rapunzel's hair would always remain blonde in this version and her hair would regrow by the end for the wedding. There's even concept art of her final dress (before the wedding) sticking with the green and gold color scheme with the more contemporary (compared to her main/peasant dress) empire waist.

Ricerca grafica per Rapunzel regina del Regno di Corona:

Click

User's Signature

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
camaleone
messaggio 22/10/2015, 19:53
Messaggio #10874

Millennium Member

Gruppo: Utente

Sebbene nell'articolo vengano riportati soltanto alcuni brevi cenni della trama (probabilmente non conosceremo mai i dettagli della versione di Keane), la preferisco notevolmente a quella di Tangled (per quanto carino).

Non accadrà...ma io spero comunque che un giorno ne venga fatto un remake in animazione 2D prendendo spunto proprio da questa versione! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 22/10/2015, 20:10
Messaggio #10875

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (camaleone @ 22/10/2015, 20:53) *
Non accadrà...ma io spero comunque che un giorno ne venga fatto un remake in animazione 2D prendendo spunto proprio da questa versione! rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Potrebbero realisticamente farne un remake...Ma in live action! Considerato il blend favola e dark side visti in Alice in Wonderland e Maleficent

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 22/10/2015, 22:34
Messaggio #10876

Gold Member

Anche noi pensiamo che una trasposizione della versione di Rapunzel di Glen Keane e Dean Wellins in live action sarebbe davvero una bella versione...

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Capitano Amelia
messaggio 23/10/2015, 9:40
Messaggio #10877

Gold Member

Da: Palermo

Io, invece, vedo questa trama più adatta a un film d'animazione che in live-action...

User's Signature

Grazie Simba !

+Quote Post
Fra X
messaggio 24/10/2015, 13:09
Messaggio #10878

Gold Member

Sempre interessante, però a questo punto mi chiedo che si sarebbe detto con lo stesso tipo d'informazioni sulla versione di Richard Purdum e quella finale de "La bella e la bestia". tongue.gif

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 27/10/2015, 23:33
Messaggio #10879

Gold Member

Pensiamo che sarebbe successa la stessa cosa

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Bristow
messaggio 31/10/2015, 11:49
Messaggio #10880

Gold Member

Da: Lecce (Puglia)

Ma lasciare stare i film così come sono no?
Ogni volta bisogna fare sequel-prequel-remake-live action... basta non se ne può più (che poi molte volte vengono solo rovinati i classici originali)...

+Quote Post
Fra X
messaggio 23/3/2016, 21:33
Messaggio #10881

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (veu @ 27/10/2015, 23:33) *
Pensiamo che sarebbe successa la stessa cosa

Credo anch'io! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Fra X
messaggio 11/1/2017, 13:34
Messaggio #10882

Gold Member

Non so se era già stato postato, ma ho trovato qualcosina sulla famigerata versione "Unbraied" di cui s'è ampiamente parlato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SMpL_J2_gc

Mamma mia! post-6-1111346575.gif sick.gif laugh.gif Se il film sarebbe dovuto essere così... veramente qui ci vuole la tag de "Il bivio": "Cosa sarebbe successo se...". tongue.gif Grazie WDAS per non averlo realizzato! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 11/1/2017, 18:28
Messaggio #10883

Gold Member

Wow, mai visto e si sentono le voci originali di Reese Witherspoon (Claire/Rapunzel), Dan Fogler (Vincent/Principe) e Kristin Chenoweth (Rapunzel originale/scoiattolo)...A dispetto delle apparenze, dovutamente ritoccato, sarebbe potuto essere un "Come d'Incanto" inverso con un ché di interessante.

+Quote Post
Capitano Amelia
messaggio 12/1/2017, 11:03
Messaggio #10884

Gold Member

Sempre interessante vedere i processi di lavorazione di un Classico... happy.gif

User's Signature

Grazie Simba !

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 12/1/2017, 22:42
Messaggio #10885

Gold Member

Noi vorremmo saperne di più sulla versione dark di Keane e Wellins... ricordiamoci che avrebbe avuto il miglior inizio di sempre di un Classico... chissà come sarebbe stata e soprattutto chissà perché non ne parlano mai.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 22/1/2017, 13:26
Messaggio #10886

Gold Member

Da: Campobasso/Angers

CITAZIONE (veu @ 12/1/2017, 22:42) *
Noi vorremmo saperne di più sulla versione dark di Keane e Wellins... ricordiamoci che avrebbe avuto il miglior inizio di sempre di un Classico... chissà come sarebbe stata e soprattutto chissà perché non ne parlano mai.

Chissà che non la riutilizzino per un (immancabile) remake live-action?

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Capitano Amelia
messaggio 22/1/2017, 13:40
Messaggio #10887

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 22/1/2017, 13:26) *
Chissà che non la riutilizzino per un (immancabile) remake live-action?

Speriamo che l'idea non gli baleni completamente...

User's Signature

Grazie Simba !

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 22/1/2017, 14:01
Messaggio #10888

Gold Member

Noi vorremmo invece che usassero quella versione per un remake.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 22/1/2017, 15:52
Messaggio #10889

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (veu @ 22/1/2017, 14:01) *
Noi vorremmo invece che usassero quella versione per un remake.

Hanno già le carte in tavola per rielaborare queste idee nel film giusto, che non è affatto un remake di Rapunzel bensì il sequel di "Come d'Incanto", perché mi sembra abbastanza possibile che Giselle faccia ritorno al regno animato di Andalasia, magari con Robert e figlia al seguito. Io almeno spero ciò.

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 22/1/2017, 17:33
Messaggio #10890

Gold Member

Sì ma Alessio tu intendi la versione Unbraided... noi invece intendiamo proprio la versione CLASSICA CLASSICA che Glen Keane progettò dal 2006/2008. la versione dark, non quella parodistica
A noi la versione parodistica proprio non interessa... invece quella dark intitolata semplicemente Rapunzel sì che ci piacerebbe vederla in live action.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
I seguenti utenti hanno apprezzato questo post:
Daydreamer
messaggio 22/1/2017, 18:08
Messaggio #10891

Gold Member

Ops, ho frainteso. Sarebbe magnifico, speriamo in costanti successi live action se l'impronta più classicheggiante e meno contemporanea degli ultimi film sembra prevalere, ormai tentativi alla Alice in Wonderland dovremmo esserceli lasciati alle spalle (salvo il rischioso e dubbioso Cruella), la possibilità non sarebbe poi così remota! thumb_yello.gif

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 24/1/2017, 0:09
Messaggio #10892

Gold Member

Beh speriamo che facciano anche Rapunzel in live action in versione seria e un po' dark, anche perché praticamente non esistono film live action di Rapunzel tranne uno tedesco del 1988 mai uscito fuori dai confini dell'allora DDR e poi della Germania... sarebbe un bel colpo realizzarla.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 11/9/2017, 23:00
Messaggio #10893

Gold Member

Visto che in molti erano interessati a conoscere alcuni aspetti più dettagliati della versione Keane/Wellins, ecco qua un articolo che chiarisce diverse cose, soprattutto sul personaggio di Xavier e il suo legame con Bastion (Xavier lo vedremo pure nella serie tv di Rapunzel):

Dal sito TangledBea.tumblr:

Xavier the Blacksmith

So far to me, the most intriguing new character in Tangled Before Ever After is Xavier the Blacksmith. Why? Because he is a character who was created for an earlier version of the movie but never made it to the version of Tangled we all know and love. For the longest time, all we knew about him was what he was going to look like.

by Dan Cooper

by Dan Cooper

by Lauren Airriess

by Lauren Airriess

From this concept art, alone, it’s difficult to glean any kind of personality, let alone a purpose beyond, “blacksmith.”

But today, I sat down with a friend of mine, a former-animator at Walt Disney Animation, who worked on Tangled, and was around during the version Xavier was involved in. I had to ask what he was like, so we could start getting a possible glimpse of one of these mysterious new characters.

“He was awesome,” she told me. “I’m sure that’s very helpful.”

So, I told her the purpose behind my question - to write this speculative character review - and she got down to telling me about him. But I can’t tell you about Xavier without telling you about Bastion.

No, not this cocky bastard

by Jin Kim

I’m talking about this lovable teddy bear

by Glen Keane

This is the version of Tangled where this giant bear of a man was our male lead.

Now, the concept art we have for him doesn’t give us much of a clue to his personality, either, so my friend filled me in.

Bastion is shy and self-doubting, though he is actually quite intelligent and strong (although he doesn’t believe this about himself). And, he is a gifted hobby inventor. When the story opens, he’s working on a miniature prototype of a flying machine.

The trouble is, Bastion has fallen in with the wrong crowd, a gang of thieves using him as muscle, and he doesn’t have the strength of character to get himself out. (Not to mention, they’re emotionally abusing him and manipulating him into staying with them - sound familiar? *looks at Rapunzel*)

Enter Xavier the Blacksmith. Bastion has been going to his smithy to get the bits and pieces and parts for his inventions. Xavier is not only seriously good at what he does, and is able to make things that others can’t seem to manage, he also has access to things like materials that a simple hobbyist can’t get his hands on.

Xavier’s forge is Bastion’s safe place, where he goes to get away from his troubles and work on his inventions. And though they don’t necessarily talk about Bastion’s life and problems, it’s good for him to be there and geek out with Xavier about mechanical/ metallurgical stuff and indulge this interest.

Xavier isn’t stupid and he knows Bastion has something else going on even if he doesn’t know what, and he’s all about trying to get Bastion out of that life and into being his own guy and having some confidence and following his dream. Xavier serves as a kind of wise man, not a Grandmother Willow type, but more in an, ‘I believe in you and you’re better than this,’ way. And he’s convincing. At the beginning of the movie, Bastion is hemming and hawing and making excuses, but Xavier’s advice and gentle prodding starts to work on him over the course of the story.

Later on, Bastion and Rapunzel are in the city, hiding from Gothel and Bastion’s gang. They take refuge in Xavier’s forge, and he (Xavier) teaches her how to make chain mail, because he’s a cool feminist like that.

This is also the version of the story where the Queen looks like this

by Jin Kim

because in this version of the movie, the Queen (and King, I presume) are badass warriors.

With Xavier’s help, Rapunzel makes an entire chain mail cowl and puts it on. Xavier suggests she dresses up like the Queen, for the fun of it (and because he’s a total Royal Family/Lost Princess enthusiast), so he digs out a crown for her to wear, and in this version of the story, this is the moment she’s recognized as the Lost Princess.

So, where does all this take us in regard to Tangled Before Ever After? How much of this past life of Xavier the Blacksmith is going to be held onto? All we know for sure at this point is that Xavier is voiced by Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje. We cannot presume, but it would not be far-fetched to guess, that his character design will remain basically the same.

Since Eugene is not an inventor, he won’t be any sort of role model to him in that regard. However, perhaps Varian the Alchemist is? Alchemists tend to be wizard chemists, but that doesn’t put them outside the realm of inventor.

I can see him still being a Royal Family/Lost Princess fanboy, though, and similarly I can see him teaching Rapunzel how to make chain mail, as well as any other kinds of forging things she’d like to know. (Perhaps she’s the one with the penchant for invention! Or perhaps the invention angle will be dropped altogether.)

At any rate, this is why I’m excited about Xavier. Because he was interesting enough (and boy, was he interesting!) to resurrect him in the modern Tangled universe! I cannot wait to see the role this gentleman takes.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 3/11/2020, 21:43
Messaggio #10894

Gold Member

Recentemente Glen Keane, in occasione del lancio del suo nuovo film Over The Moon, ha rilasciato alcune dichiarazioni in merito alla sua versione di Rapunzel.

Ecco qua, dal sito Vulture:

I want to talk a little bit about your time at Disney. You were supposed to direct Tangled. How did it change after you left?

We were approaching Rapunzel using a Rembrandt style, where she’s coming out of the dark. There was darkness to the version of the movie that I wanted to make, and that turned out to be not so Disney-like. We had a screening and everybody was like, “I didn’t know we could make that kind of a movie. This is really exciting.” And it really, truly was. But it was pushing the needle away from, maybe, mainstream Disney. I mean, it was a good film. It was so much about this love and healing. It really had so much depth to it. All I can say is that I loved that movie. Then, in the process of changing it — it was very difficult to take something that you love and change it and change it and change it until … Then there was a heart attack that I had. At that point, I stepped off it and just supervised the animation, and that was a pure joy. And Byron [Howard] and Nathan [Greno] came in, and they really delivered a wonderful, fun film. But I felt like I grew in a lot of ways as a director through that. Because I was out there working on it for probably five years before that happened.

So your version of the film was fairly far along. Does it exist in any form anywhere?

It does, on some DVDs that I’ve got spirited away.

Do you think there’s any chance we’d see that version at some point?

I don’t know. I’d have to have you come over, and we’d have some beers, and then I could pull it out. But, no, I have to respect Disney’s choice on that. That’s who they are. It was difficult, but I cherish those days with the studio and will always have that Disney DNA in my heart.

Peccato che non editino il dvd con la versione di Keane e Wellins...

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 10/3/2021, 23:30
Messaggio #10895

Gold Member

In occasione del decimo anniversario del film, il compositore delle canzoni Glenn Slater su Twitter ha risposto a diverse domande dei fans. Tra queste una delle più gettonate era quella relativa alle canzoni eliminate che sono Blaze of Light e You're My Forever.

Ecco che cosa ha riportato:

Da Twitter:

Mary @Mary_Potters In risposta a @SlaterLyrics:

I remember reading in Wikipedia (before the movie was released) that Mother Gothel would sing a song to Rapunzel which would later be reprised by Flynn in a romantic way. Is there any truth in that?

Glenn Slater @SlaterLyrics:

Yes, the Healing Incantation was originally a short song called "You Are My Forever". When Gothel sang it, it had a double meaning: "you're my child who I'll love forever" and "you're the key to my immortality". When Flynn sang the same words, it worked as a romantic declaration.

Da Twitter:

Glenn Slater:

Here are the lyrics for "You Are My Forever". Very short, very simple. It worked like the Incantation - sing the song, and the healing powers activate.

You would have heard it three times: 1) In the prologue, Gothel singing to the flower and growing younger, 2) in the tower, Gothel singing to Rapunzel's hair and growing younger, 3) At the end, Rapunzel singing to the dead Flynn, and unwittingly activating the last droplet.

"You Are My Forever"

You are my forever,
You’re my shining sun.
You and me
Were meant to be
Eternally
As one.
Heal me in your glow,
Make me feel alive,
Shield me as the years roll by...
‘Til the stars are dark,
‘Til the seas are dry,
Stay here and be my forever.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 11/3/2021, 11:49
Messaggio #10896

Gold Member

Poco male, quasi un doppione, infatti la sostituta "Incantation Song" assolve perfettamente allo stesso scopo; certo che se Flynn avesse intonato un'altra canzone in più per Rapunzel, come questo motivetto, avremmo comunque guadagnato in romanticismo (pur togliendo un pò di intensità a "I See The Light" che ha ancora la stessa funzione).

+Quote Post

455 Pagine V  « < 452 453 454 455 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (2 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 24/4/2024, 3:57