Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

11 Pagine V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Non Disney Upcoming Animated Projects, From 2009
Scissorhands
messaggio 15/5/2010, 17:15
Messaggio #49

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore
Da: Campobasso/Angers

Pig Scrolls (Dreamworks Animation)

http://www.movieweb.com/news/NEzVgHCD2nxYDC

Dreamworks Animation Taps Barry Sonnenfeld to Develop Pig Scrolls
April 8th, 2010
Barry Sonnenfeld to develop Pig Scrolls
Barry Sonnenfeld to develop Pig Scrolls
Pajiba is reporting that Dreamworks Animation has picked Barry Sonnenfeld to develop Pig Scrolls as a possible directing vehicle.

Pig Scrolls is based on a novel by Paul Shipton. It follows a talking pig and his attempts to save the world. Taking place in Ancient Greece, the book makes a lot of references to Greek mythology and it "includes all of the major Greek gods, as well as some minor deities."

In Dreamwork's version, the fate of the world, and of the Gods, will center on that talking pig.

Kirk De Micco (Space Chimps) did the most recent pass at adapting the script. Should Pig Scrolls be a box office hit Dreamworks owns the option on a sequel.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 15/5/2010, 17:18
Messaggio #50

Gold Member

How to Train Your Dragon Sequel (Dreamworks Animation)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=65516

How to Train Your Dragon Sequel Coming in 2013
Source: DreamWorks Animation
April 27, 2010

DreamWorks Animation announced today as part of its First Quarter financial results that a sequel to How to Train Your Dragon will hit theaters in 2013.

"2010 is off to a strong start, thanks in large part to the performance of 'How to Train Your Dragon,' which – having grossed nearly $375 million to date in worldwide box office – has become DreamWorks Animation's next franchise. We plan to release the sequel theatrically in 2013," said Jeffrey Katzenberg, CEO of DreamWorks Animation. "3D continues to have a tremendous impact on the industry at large and we are now looking forward with great anticipation to bringing 'Shrek Forever After,' the final chapter in our beloved 'Shrek' series and the first in 3D, to audiences across the globe next month."

How to Train Your Dragon, which was released on March 26, 2010, contributed $59.7 million of revenue to the quarter for the company, driven primarily by merchandising and licensing activities. It has reached approximately $180 million in domestic box office and approximately $195 million in international box office to date.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Hiroe
messaggio 19/5/2010, 8:28
Messaggio #51

Gold Member

Gruppo: Utente
Da: Pisa

grazie per le news, scissor!:)

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 22/5/2010, 12:02
Messaggio #52

Gold Member

Un Monstre à Paris (EuropaCorp)

The project is the brainchild of French director and animator Eric (Bibo) Bergeron (The Road to El Dorado, Sharks tale,) who has returned to his native country after 8 years in Hollywood, to create his new work.

Better still (continuing it seems with his new fascination of animation) Luc Besson is tipped to produce the movie. The film will apparently employ the latest 3D CGI techniques to produce a “surrealist 3D effect.” Voice talents for the film will include Vanessa Paradise, Eric Judor, Ramzy Bedia and Kevin Kline.

Synopsis: ”Paris, 1910. A terrifying creature spreads fear upon the Capital. Emile - a shy projectionist in a movie theater - and Raoul - a colorful inventor - find themselves thrown into the Monster Hunt. On this wild ride, they meet a big-hearted cabaret singer, an eccentric scientist assisted by a monkey, a ruthless Prefect of Police. And a strange creature who might not be so frightening after all. What if, behind those deceiving appearances, the true Monster was not who you'd think it is?”

Messaggio modificato da Scissorhands il 22/5/2010, 12:06

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 22/5/2010, 12:07
Messaggio #53

Gold Member

The Boy with the Cuckoo-Clock Heart" (EuropaCorp)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...b07522ef55dd4ba

'Cuckoo-Clock Heart' will get ani treatment
EuropaCorp., HP partner for film based on Malzieu novel

By Rebecca Leffler

May 15, 2010, 12:56 PM ET
CANNES -- French film studio EuropaCorp. has partnered with HP to make an animated feature film version of Mathias Malzieu's novel "The Boy with the Cuckoo-Clock Heart" for a fall 2011 release.

More Cannes coverage
EuropaCorp. snagged the film adaptation rights in January 2008 for the book, which has been translated into more than 15 languages. Malzieu will direct the €20 million ($25 million) project alongside Stephane Berla, with EuropaCorp. producer and Luc Besson's wife Virginie Besson-Silla set to produce in association with France's Duran Duboi, support from French TV group France 3 and a pre-buy from Canal Plus.

HP will provide its latest technology including HPZ800 workstations and HP DreamColor displays. The filmmakers will use a 2D storyboard to produce a non-relief 3D picture.

"It's not just 3D for 3D's sake. It's more old-style animation," Malzieu said Added Berla: "We like the idea that the film looks like it could have been made 50 years ago."

The film, which began production in October, is being shot in French with A-list Gallic voices including actor Jean Rochefort, actress Rossy de Palma and singers Arthur H. and Olivia Ruiz. International versions are in the works, but as for U.S. talent, "We're starting to fantasize about that, but nothing has been signed for the moment," Malzieu said.

Malzieu comes from the music world -- the artist and writer is the lead singer of rock group Dionysos, who boast three gold records. Malzieu and Dionysos will provide the soundtrack for "The Boy With the Cuckoo-Clock Heart."

"It's a real auteur film. Even we were surprised by how much freedom we had. We really took risks and pushed the boundaries of creation," Berla said of the directorial duo's collaboration with EuropaCorp. The story takes place in late 19th-century Edinburgh and follows a little boy born with a cuckoo-clock instead of a heart who chases after a girl across Europe to Andalusia.

"It's not a film dedicated just to children -- our target audience in 7-77 years old. It's transgenerational," Besson-Silla said, adding, "It's not a commercial product, but there's a real following already for both the book and the album."

After their "Arthur" franchise, EuropaCorp. is expanding into the animated realm with another 3D animated feature "A Monster in Paris," set to hit French theaters at Christmas.

Questo film prima era conosciuto come "The Mechanics of the Heart"

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/02/05/luc...into-animation/

Luc Besson Adapting The Mechanics of the Heart into Animation

February 5, 2008
Source: Variety
by Alex Billington
The Mechanics of the Heart

There used to be a time where I'd say that anything French filmmaker Luc Besson touched would be solid gold, but he has since then destroyed my impressions with that awful animated movie Arthur and the Invisibles. Oddly, it wasn't Luc Besson's fault at all, it was the studio's, who butchered it for an American release with terrible dubbing and editing. One of the most interesting bits of news to pop up the last few days was an announcement that EuropaCorp, Besson's production and distribution company, had bought the rights to Mathias Malzieu's novel The Mechanics of the Heart and would be turning it into a 3D animated movie. If things go a bit better this time, maybe this movie could actually turn out much better than Arthur and the Invisibles.

The novel was written by Mathias Malzieu and is originally titled La Mecanique du coeur (which means The Mechanics of the Heart) in French. You can pick up a copy on Amazon.fr. It later went on to inspire a music album by Dionysos. Set in 1874, the story is about a young man whose heart was replaced at birth with a clock. He should avoid strong emotions, and above all love, but can't keep his heart under control. What a wonderfully inspirational idea just right there and I'm sure the French novel has a lot more to it as well.

The novel's writer, Mathias Malzieu, will write the script and co-direct. Stephane Berla, who directed Dionysos' music videos, will co-direct and Joann Sfar, who contributed graphics for the book and album (as seen below), will collaborate in the novel-to-screen rendering. The photo below is from the Dionysos album, but is the exact same graphic used on the novel as well. It should give you an idea of the look and feeling of the animation. From that graphic alone and the description of the story above, this has quickly shot to top of my list for animated movies I'm looking forward to, which is very rare considering Pixar's dominance.

A release date hasn't been set, but considering the time frame required for animated movies, expect a release no earlier than 2010 or 2011. In the meantime, head to Amazon.fr to pick up a copy of the novel or just wait for us to bring you more updates during its development.

Messaggio modificato da Scissorhands il 22/5/2010, 12:16

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 27/6/2010, 23:10
Messaggio #54

Gold Member

Good Luck Trolls movie (Dreamworks Animation)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...9c06e68102f72d2

DreamWorks plans Good Luck Trolls movie
'Evergone' writers to pen animated feature

By Gregg Kilday
Share85

June 22, 2010, 06:37 PM ET
The Good Luck Trolls, with their frizzy, pastel-colored hair, are coming to the big screen via DreamWorks Animation.

The Glendale-based animation house, which has already turned an ogre into the successful "Shrek" franchise, announced Tuesday that it has pacted with Denmark's Dam Things, which controls the toy line, to develop an animated feature.

The brother-sister writing team of Adam Wilson and Melanie Wilson LaBracio will pen the screenplay, and Dannie Festa of Festa Entertainment, who brought the package to DreamWorks, will executive produce.

The troll doll was created in 1959 by Danish fisherman and woodcutter Thomas Dam, when he carved a doll based on Scandinavian trolls for his daughter Lajla. The toy line gained popularity in Europe and the U.S. during the early '60s, becoming a fad embraced by kids and the counter-culture.

Because Dam Things, the Scandinavian company that produced the toys, lost control of its copyright after failing to comply with U.S. laws, imitators flooded the market in the '70s and '80s. However, as a result of a 1994 Congressional law that restored copyright protection to a number of foreign works, the Dam family regained authority.

In 2005, DIC Entertainment produced the animated series "Trollz," with an accompanying doll line aimed at girls, but the modernized version didn't have the same success as the classic versions.

In striking the deal with DWA, Niels Dam, the dollmaker's son who now owns the family business, said, "My father would have been very happy to know that his Troll has found its dream partner in DreamWorks Animation."

Calle Ostergaard, CEO of Dam Things, added, "We have been planning to bring the Good Luck Troll toy line back into homes around the world, and we are excited to see how the talented storytellers and artists at DreamWorks Animation will bring them to life."

DWA head of development Alex Schwartz said, "We look forward to working alongside Dam Things to build on the mythology of the Good Luck Trolls while delivering the sense of adventure, heart and comedy that DreamWorks Animation is known for."

Wilson and Wilson LaBracio, who have written the features "Evergone" and "The Impossible Adventures of Phineas Roone," are repped by Festa, Preferred Artists and attorney Eric Suddleson. Dam Things is repped by Festa and attorney Jay Handlin.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 14/7/2010, 11:09
Messaggio #55

Gold Member

Updates dalla Illumination Entertainment fresca del successo di Despicable Me

http://www.deadline.com/2010/07/chris-mele...-addams-family/

Chris Meledandri's Illumination Game Plan Includes 'Despicable Me' Sequel, 'Minion' Spinoffs, Dr. Seuss, The Addams Family
By MIKE FLEMING | Tuesday July 13, 2010 @ 10:22am EDT
Tags: Adam Fogelson, Animation, Chris Meledandri, David Linde, Despicable Me, Despicable Me 2, Despicable Me Box Office, Despicable Me Cross-Promotion, Flanimals, Hop, Illumination Entertainment, Jeff Zucker, Marc Shmuger, NBC Universal, Ron Meyer, The Minions, Universal Pictures, Universal Pictures Chris Meledandri
COMMENTS (5)EMAIL THIS | PRINT THIS |
EXCLUSIVE: Three years ago, Universal Pictures brass wooed Chris Meledandri away from his president post at Fox Animation to start its first family film unit. Over the weekend, Illumination’s first effort, Despicable Me, nearly doubled Universal’s gross predictions for a $56.4 million opening. Suddenly, the Meledandri decision looks like one of the better ones made by NBC Universal in a good long time. The studio has reinforced that by making a full commitment to the venture. Illumination’s original co-financing game plan made by former chairmen David Linde and Marc Shmuger called for Universal to fund only half the operation and film budgets, and Illumination's founder and CEO Meledandri raising the rest. But that plan was delayed by the credit crunch. Then Universal chiefs Ron Meyer, Rick Finkelstein and Adam Fogelson and Donna Langley told Meledandri, in a decision that went all the way up to NBC Universal’s Jeff Zucker, that they didn’t want to share and would fully fund him. Meledandri, who has autonomy but won’t make pictures that don’t excite the studio’s toppers, sparked to Uni’s financing plan because it incentivizes hustle to release and market the films. Despicable Me, for instance, was heavily cross-promoted in NBC-Universal platforms that included network, cable and theme parks.

The result is now a momentum changer for Universal on several fronts. Despicable Me ended a prolonged hit pic slump. It plugged the studio into a hot family film marketplace after a series of adult dramas failed to earn back their oversized budgets. Most importantly, Despicable Me is the first Universal film in a while where the studio doesn't have to defend the costs and first dollar gross outlays. The film was made for $69 million with little or no gross out the door. It is a fresh IP with a sequel already in the works: Despicable Me 2 talks are already underway among the studio, Meledandri, and writers Cinco Paul and Ken Daurio.

Illumination is also making two short films featuring The Minions, the adorable yellow thumb-shaped henchmen of larcenous Gru (Steve Carell). Whether the shorts precede the next Illumination film — which would be very Pixar-ish — or find some other way to reach the audience, Universal and Illumination have begun brand building in a remarkably short time.

“What’s particularly nice is that the making of Despicable Me was probably more fluid than any film I’ve ever worked on,” Meledandri told me. “There was a clarity and a unified vision behind this film. I started the company three years ago this spring, and I am confident that this was the fastest transition of any major studio CG movie from idea to release that has ever been done.”

Right behind Despicable Me is Hop--a live-action CG film with Russell Brand voicing the Easter Bunny—which Universal releases April 1, 2011. After that is Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, most likely followed by the Ricky Gervais-created Flanimals. There is a Where’s Waldo film and Tim Burton is involved in a new version of The Addams Family, based on Charles Addams’ original drawings from The New Yorker. A bunch of original ideas are on the drawing board as well. Illumination will grow from one picture per year to two or three within the next several years.

How was Meledandri — a soft-spoken guy who can’t draw a lick but knows a good drawing when he sees one — able to mobilize so quickly? In a move Gru might admire, Meledandri appropriated the available top talent he worked with during his eight years at Fox Animation (a division involved in generating hits like Ice Age, Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Simpsons Movie, Robots and Horton Hears A Who!), put them under exclusive contract and turned them into a repertory company of artists, writers and directors who move from one family-friendly project to the next. The work is done in Illumination’s Santa Monica headquarters and a 35,000 square foot animation facility in Paris that is steps away from the Eiffel Tower, housed above an Aston Martin dealership.

Paul and Daurio, who wrote the Fox Animation hit Horton Hears A Who! before they scripted Despicable Me, wrote the script for The Lorax and will make their debuts as co-directors; Despicable Me co-director Chris Renaud, who began working with Meledandri as a storyboard artist at Ice Age producer Blue Sky, is directing The Lorax (animated films have multiple directors) and has committed to another Illumination film after that; Pierre Coffin, another Despicable Me director, is working on two Illumination projects, one of which will be Illumination’s next release after The Lorax. That'll either be Flanimals (scripted by Matt Selman, with whom Meledandri worked on The Simpsons Movie) or an original idea by Coffin; Hop writer Brian Lynch is under an exclusive writing deal; Hop director Tim Hill came from Alvin and the Chipmunks, as did that film’s exec producer Missy Imperato; Janet Healy, who produced Despicable Me with Meledandri, is producing The Lorax and another Despicable Me producer, John Cohen, is a producer on Hop; John Powell, who composed the scores for Meledandri on Robots and Ice Age 2, is composing the score for The Lorax. As for voice talent, Carell came from Horton Hears A Who!, and Brand took on Hop after providing a Despicable Me voice.

Meledandri found his way into family film by accident while a creative exec at Fox, where he spent 13 years. Working with Dawn Steel as exec producer of Cool Runnings made Meledandri the de facto family guy in the eyes of ex-Fox chief Bill Mechanic. He assigned Meledandri to spearhead the studio's Phoenix-based animation studio venture with Don Bluth, which led to the films Anastasia and Titan A.E. Meledandri had begun developing the Ice Age script by then, and when he met Chris Wedge and his team while they were generating animation for commercials, he married them to the project. Even as Titan A.E. bombed and the Bluth venture cratered, incoming studio chiefs Tom Rothman and Jim Gianopulos told Meledandri to keep going. They acquired Blue Sky Studios and Meledandri oversaw its transition from a visual effects to a CG animation studio that continues to be a catalyst for Fox’s animation success and underscores the importance of a family film unit to a major studio. The last film, Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, grossed a staggering $886 million.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 9/8/2010, 17:50
Messaggio #56

Gold Member

Tarzan CGI 3D (Constantin Films)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68639

Animated Tarzan Planned for 3D
August 9, 2010

Tarzan will be making a return to the world of animation thanks to Constantin Films, reports Variety. Robert Kulzer and Reinhard Klooss will produce the CGI film for release in 3D.

Constantin, best known for films in the Resident Evil and Fantastic Four franchises, is also developing a live-action 3D adaptation of a classic literature in the form of The Three Musketeers, to be directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.

Tarzan himself has been the focus of dozens of adaptations in both film and television since his first appearance in Edgar Rice Burrough's Tarzan of the Apes in 1912. In 1999, Disney released a theatrical animated version (later spawning a cartoon series) as is currently at work adapting another Burroughs property for live action, John Carter of Mars, set for release in 2012.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 23/8/2010, 19:01
Messaggio #57

Gold Member

Imaginary Enemies (Dreamworks Animation)

http://riskybusiness.hollywoodreporter.com...tion-exclusive/

Syracuse & Addario making ‘Imaginary Enemies’ at DreamWorks Animation (exclusive)
Like 16 Retweet 1
By Jay A. Fernandez | August 19th, 2010 at 8:00 pm | View Comments

Screenwriters Joe Syracuse and Lisa Addario are busy making “Enemies.”

The married scribes are writing a new film for DreamWorks Animation with the working title “Imaginary Enemies” from an idea that originated at an internal DWA retreat a few years ago. “Shrek Forever After” director Mike Mitchell is developing the project with the writers, but he is not on board to direct at the moment.
syracuse addario 341 Syracuse & Addario making Imaginary Enemies at DreamWorks Animation (exclusive)

The germ of the concept was that the imaginary friend trope had been played out in so many ways already that the truly original approach would be the concept of the imaginary enemy. So the new project will be told from the point of view of the imaginary friends who had long been used as scapegoats by unscrupulous children looking for someone else to blame for their misdeeds. Eventually fed up, those imaginary people come looking for some payback when the kids are grown up.

In a coincidental parallel to this, DreamWorks co-founder Steven Spielberg had at one point been developing a more earnest take on this same subject, and then he was set earlier this year to direct a remake of the 1950 Jimmy Stewart imaginary-rabbit film “Harvey” for Fox with Tom Hanks a potential star. (He eventually moved on to helming an adaptation of “War Horse” for DreamWorks.)

Enthusiasm for the creative possibilities in the split worlds of the imaginary and the real has led to discussions about a possible live-action/animation hybrid, a format DWA topper Jeffrey Katzenberg has yet to try.

The UTA-repped Syracuse and Addario had been working for DWA on a ghost-related animated project called “Freakers,” and they developed the script for “Surf’s Up” at Sony Pictures Animation. The scribes additionally have the live-action comedies “Us & Them” set up at Fox with Andy Fickman (“The Game Plan”) directing and Billy Crystal starring, and “Coup d’Etat” with producer Anthony Bregman (“Please Give”).

Mitchell worked on several other DWA releases, including “Kung Fu Panda,” “Monster vs. Aliens” and “Shrek the Third.”

Messaggio modificato da Scissorhands il 23/8/2010, 19:02

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 23/8/2010, 19:03
Messaggio #58

Gold Member

Porco Rosso: The Last Sortie (Studio Ghibli)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68973

Acclaimed animation director Hayao Miyazaki is developing a sequel to his 1992 film Porco Rosso entitled Porco Rosso: The Last Sortie, says a report from Cut Magazine (via Nausicaa.net and AICN).

The original film told the story of an Italian World War I fighter pilot who was transformed into a pig by a magical curse. The English language release featured Michael Keaton in the titular role.

Miyazaki is quoted as saying that The Last Sortie will be set during the Spanish Civil War and that it will represent a sort of artistic escape for him at the moment, focusing on a male character after so many films with female protagonists.

A sequel to Porco Rosso would represent the first direct sequel on the part of Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli. Previously, characters have crossed over between films (as was the case with Whisper of the Heart and The Cat Returns as well as the Susuwatari creatures in both My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 27/9/2010, 23:00
Messaggio #59

Gold Member

Trollhunters (Dreamworks Animation)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...259652937b378e1

Guillermo del Toro, DreamWorks Ani strike deal
EXCLUSIVE: Director to consult on films; 'Trollhunters' set up

By Borys Kit

Sept 27, 2010, 12:55 AM ET
hr/photos/stylus/82167-del_toro_guillermo_341x182.jpg

Guillermo del Toro (Getty)
Guillermo del Toro has fallen under the spell of animation and is setting up "Trollhunters," a feature project he will write and direct at DreamWorks Animation.

After visiting DWA's campus in Glendale, Calif., on a weekly basis for most of the summer, del Toro also has decided to make DWA his animation home: He will serve as a consultant and exec producer on several projects already in development, including "Kung Fu Panda 2," "Puss in Boots" and one yet-to-be-revealed project. His fingerprints will even be on DWA's next feature, "Megamind," which hits theaters Nov. 5.

In an exclusive interview with The Hollywood Reporter, del Toro said animation has caught his eye because he believes that during the next 10 years, the entertainment landscape will shift into a transmedia world -- a confluence of movies, TV, books, video and online -- and artists will need to be educated in all aspects of media.

"Transmedia," he said, "will not just be a buzz word."

The filmmaker also is convinced that animation has evolved into a medium that can attract moviegoers of all ages, including older audiences. "And I want to know it from the inside," he said. He views his role as an adviser on animated features as part of his education.

"Trollhunters," a working title, is based on a young-adult book del Toro submitted to publisher Hyperion about two weeks ago. He originally came up with the idea around the time he sold "The Strain," the vampire book trilogy he is writing with Chuck Hogan, and he has been working on it since.

"I wanted very much to develop a story that could be written for kids but dealt with a genre that was scary," he said. "It essentially combines fairy tales with modern times and is about how difficult it is to be kid. Normally, kids are idealized in animated films. But the growing pains, married with the notion that there is a world right next to us that is completely plagued by creatures of ancient lore, it's thematically fitting with the rest of my stuff."

Due to the evolutionary process of animated filmmaking, the script will be written and rewritten over a period of time, including during production. Del Toro has already started writing "Trollhunters" and plans on finishing it before he shoots "At the Mountains of Madness."

In the meantime, though, del Toro will be busy at DWA.

Guillermo Navarro, del Toro's frequent director of photography, pushed the director toward the animation house, where Navarro served as a cinematography consultant on the "Madagascar" movies. (Del Toro and Navarro aren't the only live-action filmmakers spending time at DWA; the studio also enlisted Oscar-winning cinematographer Roger Deakins to advise on the lighting in "How to Train Your Dragon.")

Del Toro said he was especially struck by what the studio accomplished with "Dragon." "They took risks with that movie with pathos and imagination and structure. It made me pay attention," he said.

Del Toro said he met with DWA CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg six months ago and they immediately clicked, so much so that del Toro agreed to work on "Megamind" before any dealmaking began. He has been helping DWA with the editing and structure of the movie, hoping to give it a brisker rhythm.

"What is fun to see is that the editing process in live action is not useful in animation," he said, laughing.

This summer, he often brought along his 14-year-old daughter to DWA in order to get a sense of how the company works. He just secured his own office there.

Del Toro believes he is joining DWA just as the company's "cultural footprint is growing," especially with movies such as "Kung Fu Panda" and "Dragon."

"Those movies went in interesting directions, and I think we will try to steer the projects that I'm involved in into those kinds of directions without making the company lose its identity," he said.

Already, he's come to realize that aspects such as layout and staging are different in animation, and so is screenplay development. "Sometimes in the live-action world, it takes weeks to get a response," del Toro said. "With (DWA), it takes a maximum a day."

The biggest difference he's seen is that in animation, "each of the steps you refine and refine and refine until its final form. It's much more malleable than a live-action movie."

Del Toro isn't abandoning live action, of course. He is beginning his fourth week of design work with Lightstorm Entertainment on his directorial project "At the Mountains of Madness." He is having a summit with Universal in three weeks at which he and his team will present a budget, art and maquettes to the studio's execs, and "cross your fingers, we hope to get a greenlight."

Meanwhile, he is in development on the "Haunted Mansion" movie at Disney and plans to produce a Universal project titled "Midnight Delivery" (most of his slate is set up at Universal). Is he starting to spread himself too thin?

"People say, 'How does he do it?' Well, I don't work on them at the same time," del Toro said. " 'Midnight Delivery,' I wrote 11 years ago. The fact that they are happening now is flattering and great, but it doesn't mean I'm writing seven screenplays at one time."

Del Toro is repped by WME and Exile Entertainment.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Beast
messaggio 5/10/2010, 9:58
Messaggio #60

Gold Member

Da: Cn

Doug Sweetland, da 16 anni alla Pixar e regista di 'Presto', si trasferisce alla Sony Animation per il suo primo film da regista, The Familiars.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/do...-104290038.html

Doug Sweetland, the Academy Award®-nominated director of the 2008 Pixar short "Presto," is set to direct THE FAMILIARS for Sony Pictures Animation. Sam Raimi & Josh Donen are executive producers. Adam J. Epstein and Andrew Jacobson are writing the screenplay for THE FAMILIARS, based on their just published novel.

Sweetland joins Sony Pictures Animation after sixteen years at Pixar Animation, a run that began right out of California Institute of the Arts as an animator on TOY STORY (1995) and continued with A BUGS LIFE, TOY STORY 2, MONSTERS, INC, and FINDING NEMO. Sweetland's trajectory at Pixar elevated him to animator and storyboard artist on the Academy Award-winning THE INCREDIBLES and supervising animator on John Lasseter's CARS. He is the winner of two Annie Awards for Individual Achievement in Character Animation for his work on MONSTERS, INC and FINDING NEMO. He was also nominated for an Annie Award for his character animation on TOY STORY 2.

After CARS, Sweetland pitched to Pixar the idea of a magician who forgets to feed his rabbit and suffers the consequences when his neglected co-star exacts some clever revenge. The idea evolved into Sweetland's directorial debut and the animated short, PRESTO, which was released theatrically with Pixar's 2008 hit, WALL-E. The short earned nominations for both an Academy Award and an Annie Award.

"It was clear from our first conversation with Doug that we'd found our director," said Hannah Minghella, president of production for Sony Pictures Animation. "Not only does he possess a keen story sense and a wonderful sense of humor but his passion for animation and for this project are unrivaled."

"We are very excited about THE FAMILIARS and the production team we've assembled," says Sony Pictures Digital Production President Bob Osher. "Doug Sweetland is an extraordinary animation talent who has developed his own style under the tutelage of remarkable mentors. We are delighted that our project affords him the opportunity to make his feature animation debut."

THE FAMILIARS, the first volume in the series published this month by HarperCollins, is a magical adventure and an unforgettable celebration of fantasy and friendship between wizards in training and their animal companions.

Publisher's Weekly wrote, "Screenwriters Epstein and Jacobson's children's book debut is a grand adventure with entertaining characters and magic-induced fun, written in an appropriately cinematic style." And School Library Journal said, "The consistently suspenseful narrative moves quickly and is full of twists and turns. This winning combination of action and humor will keep readers turning pages right up to the ending."

Sony Pictures Animation acquired THE FAMILIARS in June 2009. Alexa Amin, Sony Pictures Animation's vice president of development, brought the project into the studio after Russell Hollander, an executive at Raimi and Donen's production company introduced her to the property. Sweetland and author/screenwriters Epstein and Jacobson are all represented by UTA.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Claudio
messaggio 5/10/2010, 10:39
Messaggio #61

Gold Member

Da: Italia

CITAZIONE (Beast @ 5/10/2010, 10:58) *
Doug Sweetland, da 16 anni alla Pixar e regista di 'Presto', si trasferisce alla Sony Animation per il suo primo film da regista, The Familiars.

speriamo che almeno questo passaggio porti alla direzione di un bel film... e non come i soliti , ma con una bella storia... rolleyes.gif

User's Signature

Il Forziere dei Classici Disney in Dvd: una grande fregatura! CONDIVIDI:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZLEjXBac3E

+Quote Post
Claudio
messaggio 5/10/2010, 10:42
Messaggio #62

Gold Member

Da: Italia

Sono curioso dei 2 film Aardmann citati in questo articolo: Arthur Christmas e Pirates... ne sapete qualcosa in più?

User's Signature

Il Forziere dei Classici Disney in Dvd: una grande fregatura! CONDIVIDI:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZLEjXBac3E

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 9/10/2010, 19:26
Messaggio #63

Gold Member

The Familiars (Sony Pictures Animation)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70352

Doug Sweetland, the animation director best known for Pixar's 2008 animated short, "Presto," has signed on to direct The Familiars for Sony, says Heat Vision.

The animated film, to be based on the children's fantasy book series written by Adam Jay Epstein and Andrew Jacobson, follows three young wizard apprentices who, after being whisked away to an evil kingdom by a nefarious queen, must rely on their animal companions -- an alley cat, a blue jay and a tree frog -- to escape.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Beast
messaggio 12/10/2010, 10:38
Messaggio #64

Gold Member

Da: Cn

How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Dreamworks Animation)
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dr...-104698499.html

DreamWorks Animation Fires Up the Big Screen in 3D With Sequel to Critically Acclaimed 'How to Train Your Dragon' in 2013

All-Star Cast & Original Filmmakers Return for Sequel
GLENDALE, Calif., Oct. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA) today announced plans to bring the epic action-adventure of Hiccup and his courageous Viking tribe as well as Toothless and the other beloved dragon characters on the Island of Berk back to the big screen in 3D with the sequel to How to Train Your Dragon in 2013.

The second chapter to the critically acclaimed 2010 blockbuster, How to Train Your Dragon – which has grossed nearly $500 million at the worldwide box office – will again feature the all-star voice talents of Jay Baruchel, Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, TJ Miller and Kristen Wiig.

The sequel is being made under the creative guidance of Dean DeBlois, Chris Sanders, and Bonnie Arnold. It is written and directed by DeBlois and produced by Arnold. Once again based on the book series by Cressida Cowell, the sequel is executive produced by Sanders and DeBlois.

"Nothing could be more exciting for me than being charged with carrying this story forward, into the unknown reaches of Hiccup and Toothless' ever-expanding world," commented DeBlois. "Ambitions are high with this epic next chapter, and together with an incredible team of filmmakers, we plan to build upon How to Train Your Dragon's originality, boldness and heart, in hopes of once again touching audiences around the world."

"Dean, Chris and Bonnie each has a fiery passion for How to Train Your Dragon that combined is serving as the driving force behind the very bright future of DreamWorks Animation's newest franchise," said Bill Damaschke, Co-President of Production for DreamWorks Animation. "Having them on-board to lead the creative team and having our cast return to tell the next exciting chapter is a dream come true for the studio... and the first big revelation of our feature film line-up for 2013."

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 16/10/2010, 14:22
Messaggio #65

Gold Member

The Little Prince (Gallic S3D)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111802569...d=3599&cs=1

'Little Prince' toon gets a helmer
Osborne will lead $63 mil production
By ELSA KESLASSY

PARIS -- Top U.S. toon helmer Mark Osborne, who co-directed "Kung Fu Panda," has been tapped to direct Gallic S3D animated feature "The Little Prince."

One of the biggest movie projects to launch from Europe this year, with a budget of E45 million ($63.4 million), "Little Prince" is produced by Aton Soumache ("Renaissance") and Dimitri Rassam ("The Children of Timpelbach").

Pic is an adaptation of Antoine de Saint-Exupery's 1943 novella, which has been translated into more than 180 languages and sold more than 80 million copies.

Osborne's involvement underscores the producers' ambition to "make 'The Little Prince' for worldwide audiences on a similar scale as Miyazaki's and Hollywood studios' films," as they previously claimed.

"Having Mark Osborne on board gives the project an international label of quality: He brings in his storytelling talent and level of experience," Rassam said.

The producers are in the process of securing an international voice cast.

Production will start in 2012 for delivery in 2014.

Soumache also is producing a $25.3 million toon skein based on "The Little Prince" via his TV shingle Method Animation.

The Gallic producers have two high-bracket pics in post-production: "Upside Down" a $57 million sci-fi romance, starring Kirsten Dunst and Jim Sturgess; and "Prodigies" a $54 million S3D motion-capture thriller.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 22/10/2010, 23:28
Messaggio #66

Gold Member

Alma (Dreamworks Animation)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=70975

DreamWorks Animation to Adapt Short Alma
Source: Heat Vision
October 21, 2010

Rodrigo Blaas is in negotiations to adapt his award-winning short Alma into a full feature for DreamWorks Animation. The project, which will be executive produced by Guillermo del Toro, will mark his directorial debut.

Heat Vision says Blaas is also coming on board to co-direct DreamWorks Animation's Trollhunters with del Toro.

Blaas has worked on many Pixar movies like Finding Nemo and Up, as well as Fox's Ice Age.

Read more: DreamWorks Animation to Adapt Short Alma - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...5#ixzz13858U6Jf

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
GasGas
messaggio 23/10/2010, 12:41
Messaggio #67

Gold Member

Da: Napoli

CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 9/8/2010, 18:50) *
Tarzan CGI 3D (Constantin Films)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68639

Animated Tarzan Planned for 3D
August 9, 2010

Tarzan will be making a return to the world of animation thanks to Constantin Films, reports Variety. Robert Kulzer and Reinhard Klooss will produce the CGI film for release in 3D.

Constantin, best known for films in the Resident Evil and Fantastic Four franchises, is also developing a live-action 3D adaptation of a classic literature in the form of The Three Musketeers, to be directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.

Tarzan himself has been the focus of dozens of adaptations in both film and television since his first appearance in Edgar Rice Burrough's Tarzan of the Apes in 1912. In 1999, Disney released a theatrical animated version (later spawning a cartoon series) as is currently at work adapting another Burroughs property for live action, John Carter of Mars, set for release in 2012.

un altro film animato su tarzan smile.gif mi piace , ma credo che tarzan disney rimanga e rimarrà l'unico wink.gif

+Quote Post
GasGas
messaggio 23/10/2010, 12:42
Messaggio #68

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 23/8/2010, 20:03) *
Porco Rosso: The Last Sortie (Studio Ghibli)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=68973

Acclaimed animation director Hayao Miyazaki is developing a sequel to his 1992 film Porco Rosso entitled Porco Rosso: The Last Sortie, says a report from Cut Magazine (via Nausicaa.net and AICN).

The original film told the story of an Italian World War I fighter pilot who was transformed into a pig by a magical curse. The English language release featured Michael Keaton in the titular role.

Miyazaki is quoted as saying that The Last Sortie will be set during the Spanish Civil War and that it will represent a sort of artistic escape for him at the moment, focusing on a male character after so many films with female protagonists.

A sequel to Porco Rosso would represent the first direct sequel on the part of Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli. Previously, characters have crossed over between films (as was the case with Whisper of the Heart and The Cat Returns as well as the Susuwatari creatures in both My Neighbor Totoro and Spirited Away.

mmmm....prima pixar, adesso anche studio ghibli si mette a fare sequel....speriamo bene

+Quote Post
GasGas
messaggio 23/10/2010, 12:45
Messaggio #69

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (Beast @ 12/10/2010, 11:38) *
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (Dreamworks Animation)
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dr...-104698499.html

DreamWorks Animation Fires Up the Big Screen in 3D With Sequel to Critically Acclaimed 'How to Train Your Dragon' in 2013

All-Star Cast & Original Filmmakers Return for Sequel
GLENDALE, Calif., Oct. 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA) today announced plans to bring the epic action-adventure of Hiccup and his courageous Viking tribe as well as Toothless and the other beloved dragon characters on the Island of Berk back to the big screen in 3D with the sequel to How to Train Your Dragon in 2013.

The second chapter to the critically acclaimed 2010 blockbuster, How to Train Your Dragon – which has grossed nearly $500 million at the worldwide box office – will again feature the all-star voice talents of Jay Baruchel, Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, TJ Miller and Kristen Wiig.

The sequel is being made under the creative guidance of Dean DeBlois, Chris Sanders, and Bonnie Arnold. It is written and directed by DeBlois and produced by Arnold. Once again based on the book series by Cressida Cowell, the sequel is executive produced by Sanders and DeBlois.

"Nothing could be more exciting for me than being charged with carrying this story forward, into the unknown reaches of Hiccup and Toothless' ever-expanding world," commented DeBlois. "Ambitions are high with this epic next chapter, and together with an incredible team of filmmakers, we plan to build upon How to Train Your Dragon's originality, boldness and heart, in hopes of once again touching audiences around the world."

"Dean, Chris and Bonnie each has a fiery passion for How to Train Your Dragon that combined is serving as the driving force behind the very bright future of DreamWorks Animation's newest franchise," said Bill Damaschke, Co-President of Production for DreamWorks Animation. "Having them on-board to lead the creative team and having our cast return to tell the next exciting chapter is a dream come true for the studio... and the first big revelation of our feature film line-up for 2013."

ovvio.....proprio non ci riescono a capire che il fatto che un film sia un successo e che addirittura sia bello non vuol dire che debbeno per forza sequelizzarlo!!!! sad.gif che imbecilli, non ho più parole....

+Quote Post
GasGas
messaggio 23/10/2010, 12:46
Messaggio #70

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 16/10/2010, 15:22) *
The Little Prince (Gallic S3D)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111802569...d=3599&cs=1

'Little Prince' toon gets a helmer
Osborne will lead $63 mil production
By ELSA KESLASSY

PARIS -- Top U.S. toon helmer Mark Osborne, who co-directed "Kung Fu Panda," has been tapped to direct Gallic S3D animated feature "The Little Prince."

One of the biggest movie projects to launch from Europe this year, with a budget of E45 million ($63.4 million), "Little Prince" is produced by Aton Soumache ("Renaissance") and Dimitri Rassam ("The Children of Timpelbach").

Pic is an adaptation of Antoine de Saint-Exupery's 1943 novella, which has been translated into more than 180 languages and sold more than 80 million copies.

Osborne's involvement underscores the producers' ambition to "make 'The Little Prince' for worldwide audiences on a similar scale as Miyazaki's and Hollywood studios' films," as they previously claimed.

"Having Mark Osborne on board gives the project an international label of quality: He brings in his storytelling talent and level of experience," Rassam said.

The producers are in the process of securing an international voice cast.

Production will start in 2012 for delivery in 2014.

Soumache also is producing a $25.3 million toon skein based on "The Little Prince" via his TV shingle Method Animation.

The Gallic producers have two high-bracket pics in post-production: "Upside Down" a $57 million sci-fi romance, starring Kirsten Dunst and Jim Sturgess; and "Prodigies" a $54 million S3D motion-capture thriller.

questa è una notizia meravigliosa!!!! smile.gif il piccolo principe è un libro bellissimo!!!! era ora che si decidessero a realizzarne una versione animata smile.gif non vedo l'ora smile.gif !!!!!

+Quote Post
Hiroe
messaggio 23/10/2010, 19:09
Messaggio #71

Gold Member

Da: Pisa

anch'io sono felice per il Piccolo Principe... è semplicemente meraviglioso!

però io avevo sempre e da sempre sperato di vederne una versione Disney.... cry.gif cry.gif

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 7/11/2010, 17:31
Messaggio #72

Gold Member

John Stevenson dirigerà Alien Band: The Battle of the Bands Just Got Ugly (Vanguard Animation produced)
In più vengono annunciati i nuovi progetti Vanguard:

Buzby (Vanguard Animation produced)

City of Dragons (Vanguard Animation produced)
Atomic Circus (Vanguard Animation produced)

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118027013

Vanguard inks deal with 'Panda' director
John Stevenson signs producing/directing pact with company
By Dave McNary

Vanguard Films has formed an overall producing/directing deal with "Kung Fu Panda" co-director John Stevenson.

Vanguard topper John Williams made the announcement Friday at the American Film Market.

The company also unveiled a strategic alliance with former Lakeshore International President Peter Rogers? new company, Moviemill, to arrange financing and distribution for Vanguard projects.

Stevenson's first directing project for Vanguard will be the live action/CGI hybrid "Alien Rock Band" with Dave Stewart of the Eurythmics attached as a producer. Story revolves around a garage band from Earth which journeys across the Universe to qualify for a shot at superstardom in an Intergalactic Battle of the Bands.

Stevenson worked with William on "Shrek" and his credits include "Madagascar" and "James and the Giant Peach." He will also direct Vanguard's CG-animated film "Rotten Island," based on the book by Shrek author William Steig about an island where monsters reign free until a beautiful flower changes everything.

Williams and Stevenson will produce several other Vanguard titles including "Buzby," described as the world's first high speed animated romantic comedy starring fruit flies, written by Jason Mayland with Phil Robinson ("Hubert's Brain") attached to direct; "City of Dragons," a live-action martial arts movie with supernatural elements set in modern day Shanghai, written by Rob Moreland ("Space Chimps"); and "Atomic Circus," a live-action fantasy adventure story featuring a fast-talking con-man in a post-apocalyptic world, written by Athena Gam.

Rogers worked at Lakeshore Intl. for seven years, during which the company produced, financed and distributed over 40 films including "Million Dollar Baby," "Runaway Bride" and "The Exorcism of Emily Rose." Before forming Moviemill, Rogers was most recently President of Omega Entertainment, which produced "Conviction."

"Vanguard is particularly adept at painting a bull's-eye on entertainment properties that resonate with global audiences," said Rogers.

Vanguard titles include "Space Chimps," "Happily N'ever After," "Seven Years in Tibet" and "The Tuxedo." Vanguard's "On the Road," a collaboration with American Zoetrope directed by Walter Salles, has just wrapped principal photography and its rock comedy "Vinyl," directed by Sara Sugarman, is in post-production.

The deal was repped by CA
A.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post

11 Pagine V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
8 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (8 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 28/3/2024, 20:28