Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

> Pomi d'ottone e manici di scopa - Il Musical
veu
messaggio 9/9/2019, 23:33
Messaggio #1

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore

Da tempo è in progetto alla Disney la realizzazione del musical ispirato alla pellicola degli anni '70 "Pomi d'ottone e manici di scopa".

Inizialmente era progettato per un'uscita nella stagione 2018 - 2019 al Teatro Chicago Shakespeare.

Dal sito Broadway World:

Chicago Shakespeare to Present World Premiere of BEDKNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS, and More in 2018-19 Season

Chicago Shakespeare presents the World Premiere of Bedknobs and Broomsticks, the new stage musical adaptation of the iconic Walt Disney film, based on the beloved novels by Mary Norton and featuring music from the Oscar- and Grammy Award-winning duo The Sherman Brothers-Richard M. and Robert B. Sherman. At the outset of World War II, three children evacuated from the London Blitz arrive in a seaside village on the doorstep of Miss Eglantine Price, a patriotic witch-in-training and inexperienced broom flyer. Through their fantastical misadventures, they discover that their strength-and their own true magic-lie in one another, paving the way to save their town and all of England. Bookwriter Brian Hill and composer/lyricist Neil Bartram have imaginatively adapted the story for the stage, weaving new songs with familiar favorites-and even some lost gems-from the original movie score. The world premiere production will be directed and choreographed by multiple Jeff Award-winner Rachel Rockwell, May 30-July 28, 2019.

Successivamente il sito del Chicago Shakespeare annunciò il 5 febbraio 2019 che lo spettacolo era stato rimandato a data da destinarsi:

Originally slated to appear in the 2019/20 Season, SIX has been rescheduled into the timeframe of the previously announced world premiere musical, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, which has been postponed due to the untimely death of our friend, Director Rachel Rockwell. Rachel was an integral, creative force behind this new musical’s development, so our team concluded that, at a later date, we can produce the show that Rachel envisioned, and we wanted to bring to the stage.

Il progetto è ancora attivo. Il Presidente della Disney Theatrical Group, Thomas Schumacher, in un'intervista ha dichiarato che l'idea continua e Ashley Brown è coinvolta nel progetto:

Q: Can I put in a request for one of my favorites?

Thomas Schumacher: Sure.

Q: Bedknobs and Broomsticks.

Thomas Schumacher: I'm not going to lie to you, we actually just did a reading. In fact, Ashley Brown was in the reading and her "Age of Not Believing" was breathtaking. We have a really interesting plan for Bedknobs which I'm not going to use your platform to announce.

Potete vedere il video dell'intervista qui:

Click

User's Signature

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (1 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 29/3/2024, 15:04