Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Us Again, Cortometraggio - Walt Disney Animation Studios
veu
messaggio 15/2/2021, 23:41
Messaggio #1

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore

Il cortometraggio Us Again debutterà il 5 marzo 2021 e sarà abbinato a Raya e l'ultimo Drago.

Dalla pagina Facebook Ufficiale Disney Animation:

Young at heart. See Walt Disney Animation Studios’ newest short “Us Again”, directed by Zach Parrish and dances choreographed by Keone & Mari, only in theaters before Raya and the Last Dragon starting March 5.

Dal sito AWN:

Set in a vibrant city pulsating with rhythm and movement, an elderly man and his young-at-heart wife rekindle their youthful passion for life and each other on one magical night. The years fade away as the joy of dancing propels them across the exciting cityscape of their youth and revives fond memories and ambitions. Us Again is told entirely without dialogue and set to an original funk and soul musical score reminiscent of the mid-60s.

WDAS President Clark Spencer commented, “We’re thrilled to be premiering our first new theatrical short in five years, Us Again, exclusively on the big screen alongside our incredible new feature, Raya and the Last Dragon. Zach has tapped into elements from his personal life, and collaborated with the very best in the world of dance and music to create this very special film. We are so proud of what they have accomplished and look forward to sharing it with movie theater goers in March, and then in June on Disney+.”

Dal sito EW:

Written and directed by Big Hero 6's head of animation, Zach Parrish, Us Again tells the story of an elderly man named Art and his young-at-heart wife Dot who rekindle their zest for life through dance one magical night. The short has no dialogue and is told entirely through dance and a funk- and soul-infused score, composed by Captain Marvel's Pinar Toprak. Parrish also closely collaborated with dancers Keone and Mari Madrid, a real-life married couple who have performed on World of Dance and worked with artists like Justin Bieber and Billie Eilish.

For a roughly six-minute short, Us Again still packs in details viewers might not notice until a second viewing. For instance, the subtle decor in Art and Dot's apartment came out of discussions with Disney's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion group about how the characters' backgrounds would influence their surroundings and mannerisms. "We really tried to spread that through their apartment to feel as authentically big city as possible through referencing New York and Chicago a lot, but also how to make it authentic to an African American woman and a Japanese American man," Parrish adds.

Us Again is also produced by Brad Simonsen (Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Ralph Breaks the Internet) and executive produced by Jennifer Lee, chief creative officer for Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Dalla pagina Instagram di Zach Parrish:

I am so happy to give a little sneak peek of what we have been working on! I’m still pinching myself. Never in a million years would I have imagined I would get to work with such insanely talented people on something so special. I can’t wait for you all to see it!

Dalla pagina Instagram di Ryan Green:

I'm delighted to finally announce "Us Again," the short film that will be screened in front of "Raya and the Last Dragon." As the film's story lead, I had the unique experience of collaborating with director Zach Parrish to shape a story that would later be translated into choreography by Keone and Mari Madrid. It was an awesome experience and I hope you enjoy.

Dalla pagina Instagram di Pinar Toprak:

I’m so excited to finally announce this first look image of Disney Animation's “Us Again” that I’ve had the honor and absolute joy of scoring! There is no dialogue in the film and it’s told all through dance and music. I can’t say more than that but I can tell you it’s so beautiful and full of heart in every way. We have all poured our hearts and souls into it (and in my case also some funk and soul).⁣⁣

Dalla pagina Instagram di Keone Madrid:

Since 2019 we’ve been working on an animated short film with Disney, told entirely through dance/music (can’t believe I get to type that). And on March 5th, “Us Again” will play in theaters before Raya and the Last Dragon (wherever theaters are open). It will later go to Disney+ in June. There are so many levels to which my heart explodes with joy when thinking about this coming to life, particularly that we can watch our daughter watch this - and that watching the shorts before Disney films have always been something I’ve deeply cherished - but this film and the village of people who helped bring it to life, are so special. Thank you Zach, Brad and the team for believing in us.

Dalla pagina Instagram di Mariuel Madrid:

We've been very quiet bees about this absolute dream of a project that we got to be part of. "Us Again" a short film by Disney Animation, featuring choreography by Keone and I, will be in theaters (that are open) March 5th coupled with their newest animated feature Raya and the Last Dragon. And yes, it will also be available on Disney+ in June. We are ecstatic to be finally be able to talk about it, and even more so for the world to see this beautiful piece. Thank you Zach Parrish & Brad Simonsen for bringing us into this world, story, process, and for just one of the best jobs ever. This has been in the works since 2019 and I am still pinching myself.

User's Signature

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hiroe
messaggio 18/2/2021, 22:37
Messaggio #2

Gold Member

Gruppo: Utente
Da: Pisa

Spero arrivi presto su Disney+ per poterlo vedere!

User's Signature

+Quote Post
-kekkomon-
messaggio 18/2/2021, 22:37
Messaggio #3

Utente

CITAZIONE (Hiroe @ 18/2/2021, 22:37) *
Spero arrivi presto su Disney+ per poterlo vedere!

4 Giugno.

+Quote Post
Hiroe
messaggio 18/2/2021, 22:42
Messaggio #4

Gold Member

Gruppo: Utente
Da: Pisa

Risposta rapidissima, grazie kekko! In effetti uscirà su Disney+ quando Raya sarà messa gratuita..

User's Signature

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (1 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 28/3/2024, 21:52