Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

109 Pagine V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> La Sirenetta (Live Action), Walt Disney Pictures
Colosso
messaggio 24/7/2019, 19:41
Messaggio #409

Gruppo: Utente

CITAZIONE (Scrooge McDuck @ 24/7/2019, 15:38) *
Ma a voi nemmeno interessa che sia brava o meno, vi interessa che non è caucasica. Quindi, di nuovo, se si parla del colore della sua pelle, perché ve la prendete? Siete voi i primi che fomentate questa discussione con questo unico grande tema.

Non venitemi a dire ora che volete critiche/lodi sulla sua eventuale bravura nel ricoprire il ruolo di Ariel perché alla luce di tutte le pippe delle ultime settimane è davvero poco credibile.

Bud Spencer diceva che anche una scimmia se istruita nel modo giusto sa recitare. Nei suoi film lui era doppiato e non gli si richiedeva bravura da attore , ma aderenza al ruolo e credibilità (il tipo grosso e burbero ma dal cuore d'oro).
Allo stesso modo, per me è MOLTO più importante avere una Ariel simile al personaggio animato che una brava a cantare. Da che mondo è mondo nei musical cinematografici se l'attore non è un grande cantante viene sostituito da una voce che canta al suo posto. Inoltre la Disney non considera che in tutti i paesi non anglofoni la Bailey sarà doppiata e così l'unico criterio per valutarla sarà la sua adattabilità al ruolo.
A me tutte queste dichiarazioni sembrano soltanto pretesti per giustificare una scelta di marketing che va a contrariare la grande maggioranza degli spettatori. Alla fine saranno gli incassi a giudicare chi ha ragione e non vedo perchè tutti quelli che sono stati bollati come razzisti dovrebbero supportare il film, mentre le minoranze sono appunto minoranze che non determinano il successo al botteghino.

Messaggio modificato da Colosso il 24/7/2019, 19:43
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 24/7/2019, 21:04
Messaggio #410

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore

CITAZIONE (Daydreamer @ 24/7/2019, 16:20) *
Valerio calm down. Pensiamo la stessa cosa, i veu non fanno che riportare questi noiosissimi endorsements perché è solamente questo di cui si parla in giro. Io ho espressamente detto la mia e non è il caso di ripetersi, dico solo che forse è bene lasciare il topic in stand in attesa di altre notizie sul film, decisamente più interessanti di questo pseudo brainwashing culturale che i media fingono di propugnare.

Sinceramente non siamo d'accordo a non riportare quanto scrivono sul film.
Ovvio al momento di notizie certe c'è solo Halle Bailey come Ariel e altri nomi in lizza per gli altri personaggi.
Ma non siamo d'accordo a congelare il topic perchè in generale in questo periodo se ne sta parlando parecchio di questa nuova trasposizione cinematografica della Sirenetta.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 24/7/2019, 21:05
Messaggio #411

Gold Member

Da Digitalspy:

Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Terry Crews reacts to Little Mermaid's King Triton casting chatter
"I went for it! I jumped in the ring!"

23/07/2019
Terry CrewsARAYA DIAZGETTY IMAGES
Brooklyn Nine-Nine star Terry Crews has revealed he has no regret for "jumping in the ring" to play King Triton in Disney's upcoming live-action remake of The Little Mermaid.

Crews caught up with Black Hollywood Live at Comic-Con in San Diego, following news that Javier Bardem is now in talks for the role.

"The Triton thing is over. I mean, Javier Bardem – what can I say? He's the man!" he said.

"It's just like running for President," Crews continued. "It doesn't hurt you! No-one's looking at you like you went for it and didn't get it! Listen, I went for it. I shot my shot!"

(Shame he didn't refer to himself in the third person, Terry Jeffords style...)

Earlier this month, Crews had posted a Photoshopped picture of himself on Twitter with the caption "Ariel's dad! #ArielsGotTerry #AmericasGotTerry", which garnered more than 100,000 likes.

Halle Bailey has already been confirmed to play Ariel and rumours are circling that Harry Styles could be up for the role of love interest Prince Eric.

However, while Crews has counted himself out, one member of Brooklyn Nine-Nine may yet still be in contention to appear in the movie.

Joe Lo Truglio, who plays Charles Boyle, says he'd definitely be up for having a go at portraying Sebastian, the singing lobster.

"I'd play Sebastian. I'd be all over it!" he laughed.

Video:

Click

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 24/7/2019, 21:06
Messaggio #412

Gold Member

Da Inkstonenews:

SOCIETY
Chinese filmgoers unhappy with Disney’s Ariel casting

by
Viola Zhou

Chinese fans may love NBA players and African-American entertainers, but they’re upset with Disney’s decision to cast Halle Bailey to play Ariel in the live-action movie adaption of The Little Mermaid.

Disney announced the casting of 19-year-old Bailey, who is black, this week.

While the casting was largely praised on Western social media, it triggered a wave of disappointment and anger on the Chinese internet.

“I don’t discriminate against black people, but the Little Mermaid is just not black in my memory,” said one of the most liked comments on the Twitter-like Weibo.

“Is this mermaid from the Somali Sea?” another Weibo user said. “Don’t ruin my childhood, you big-head fish!”

The iconic Disney character Ariel – with her porcelain skin, blue eyes and fiery hair – is widely recognized in China.

chloe x halle

@chloexhalle
dream come true... 🧜🏽‍♀️🌊

View image on Twitter
10:02 PM - Jul 3, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
166K people are talking about this
“America is overdoing its political correctness,” a Weibo user commented under a screenshot of Bailey’s tweet, in which she celebrated the casting with a cartoon image of a brown-skinned mermaid.

China is the world’s second-biggest film market, and Hollywood is increasingly catering to its tastes and preferences.

The story of The Little Mermaid by Danish author Hans Christian Andersen is one of the best known and loved Western fairy tales in China. The iconic Disney cartoon character Ariel – with her porcelain skin, blue eyes and fiery hair – is widely recognized.

As in many parts of the world, Chinese audiences have become used to watching American blockbusters that feature mostly white leads. In Chinese films, attractive women are usually pale and thin.

The representation of different ethnicities on screen is rarely discussed publicly. Stereotypes about black people are common.

Black Panther, hailed as a Hollywood milestone for its casting, was a big hit in China last year. But it had prompted both subtle and overtly racist comments on the Chinese internet during its run.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 24/7/2019, 21:07
Messaggio #413

Gold Member

Da South China Morning Post:

Entertainment
Halle Bailey to be Ariel in Disney live-action Little Mermaid – rare casting for a black actress
Beyoncé protégée calls casting a ‘dream come true’, and film’s director praises her ‘spirit, heart, youth, innocence … plus a glorious singing voice’
Like most Disney princesses, Ariel has been portrayed as pale-skinned in previous cartoon films; Disney was criticised in 2018 for ‘whitewashing’ Princess Tiana

Published: 1:40pm, 4 Jul, 2019

Actress and singer Halle Bailey will play princess Ariel in Disney’s Little Mermaid – rare casting for a black performer.

R&B singer Halle Bailey is to play Ariel in a live-action version of The Little Mermaid, in a rare casting of a black actress as a Disney princess.
Bailey, 19, who rose to fame under the wing of pop queen Beyoncé, said it was a “dream come true” to play the lead role.
She tweeted a cartoon image of the princess in which the traditionally red-headed Ariel has dark skin, brown eyes and black hair.
Director Rob Marshall said Bailey had been cast after an extensive search, and praised her “rare combination of spirit, heart, youth, innocence, and substance – plus a glorious singing voice”.
Social media reaction to Bailey’s casting

Phillip Henry

@majorphilebrity
I need this Little Mermaid cast to be as diverse as the cast for the 90s Cinderella

View image on Twitter
11:21 PM - Jul 3, 2019
988 people are talking about this

Pop Crave
@popcrave
Rising star Halle Bailey of @chloexhalle has been cast as Ariel in @disney’s live-action adaptation of “The Little Mermaid”! 🧜🏾‍♀️ 🌊

View image on Twitter
10:10 PM - Jul 3, 2019
2,265 people are talking about this
SUBSCRIBE TO POST MAGAZINE

News of the casting was trending on Twitter late on Wednesday, with many fans overjoyed by the decision.
“If your Egyptian adaptations (actually historical) can be white people, Ariel (a fictional character) can be black,” wrote one Twitter user, @nicenurse22.
Like most Disney princesses, Ariel has been portrayed as pale-skinned in previous cartoon films, in which she was voiced by white actress Jodi Benson.
Halle Bailey, left, and Chloe Bailey, of Chloe X Halle, arrive at the season three premiere of Stranger Things last month. Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP
Halle Bailey, left, and Chloe Bailey, of Chloe X Halle, arrive at the season three premiere of Stranger Things last month. Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP
Share:
Disney came under criticism last year for “whitewashing” Princess Tiana in cartoon movie Ralph Breaks the Internet , hastily redrawing the character with darker features just months before the film’s release.
Bailey’s casting comes more than two decades after Disney cast singer Brandy, who is also black, as Cinderella in a live-action 1997 film.
Bailey is part of Atlanta-based sister duo Chloe x Halle, who received a Grammy nomination for best new artist last year.
The big reveals in Disney’s Mulan trailer, and fan reaction
Beyoncé became a mentor of sorts to them after seeing the pair cover her song Pretty Hurts in 2013.
They were signed to her label soon after, and Beyoncé took them on her tour in 2016.
Former US first lady Michelle Obama is a fan of the duo, turned on to their music by daughters Sasha and Malia.
The Little Mermaid will be the latest in a crop of live-action remakes of classic Disney movies, including the recent Aladdin.
Filming is slated to begin next year.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 24/7/2019, 21:08
Messaggio #414

Gold Member

Da HuffingtonPost:

PARENTS

07/23/2019 17:50 EDT | Updated 14 hours ago

'The Little Mermaid'-Inspired Project #ColorMeMermaid Celebrates Girls Of Colour

Racism? Sorry, not part of her world.

By Al Donato

When actress and singer Halle Bailey was cast as Ariel in Disney’s upcoming live-action remake of “The Little Mermaid,” fully grown adults acted very, very foolishly. Complaining about a talented Black 19-year-old playing a fictional mermaid? Seriously? What poor, unfortunate souls.

Bailey has had many supporters speaking out against the racist backlash, including Donald Glover and Ariel’s voice actress herself.

Known as half of singing duo Chloe x Halle, Halle Bailey was cast as Ariel for a live-action remake of...
GETTY
Known as half of singing duo Chloe x Halle, Halle Bailey was cast as Ariel for a live-action remake of "The Little Mermaid."
To turn the tides, New York-based blogger Courtney Quinn decided people needed to visibly see what a splash diverse media representation can have. She started ”#colormemermaid,” a social media campaign where people have been posting their most stunning Disney-inspired looks.

Along with the already existing #MyAriel movement, Quinn hopes that the positivity of fans who love Bailey’s Ariel can speak volumes about how important the story has been for children of all backgrounds.

“As someone who loved the water but rarely swam growing up because of an embarrassment for how her hair looked compared to her white friends, I can’t imagine the impact that a Halle’s Ariel will have on the next generation!” she wrote on Instagram.

Media representation can have real effects on how children see themselves. A 2012 study on children’s self-esteem found that girls and Black kids saw themselves negatively after watching TV. White boys, who are well-represented in media, were the only group to report more confidence.

So far, the campaign has gone swimmingly, especially for mothers and daughters who are are looking forward to seeing a Black Disney princess onscreen.

Some kids put their own spin on Ariel cosplays, like the daughter of California blogger @kelseyandco9.

Danielle Hoffman, a mother of two from Rochester, N.Y., decided to contribute a throwback to the project. She posted a photo of her daughter Lexi’s Halloween costume to her account @twins_in_time, in support of Bailey’s new role.

“I am excited for another amazing role model that my daughter and so many other young girls can relate to,” she told HuffPost Canada. “It is so important to teach our children the importance of diversity and to love and respect each other for more than just what someone looks like. I try and teach that to my kids every day.”

Others were overjoyed to see an Ariel that looked like them.

When mother of two Carmen Sognonvi from Catskill, N.Y., showed her two kids a photo of Bailey, her daughter Ella remarked, “she looks like Sean [her sister]!”

New York-based Mother Kim Ballesteros joined in on the fun, along with her twins Juliet and Amara.

“I’m a black woman but growing up Ariel was one of my favorite princesses. She looked nothing like me but I still loved her … We aren’t erasing the past. We are adding more for future generations,” she told Romper.

“In this day and age of all of the live action remakes there’s so much opportunity for these movies and characters to evolve, and not just being a carbon copy of the original.”

The Danish fairy tale has been made a live-action rendition before, and Disney even cast a diverse protagonist. Ariel was played by Japanese-American actress Diane Huey for a touring musical production of the Disney film. As one who was also on the receiving end of racially prejudiced comments, Huey has spoken in encouragement of Bailey.

Quinn’s photo, along with a group shot of her project collaborators, inspired New York-based Paula Mugabi’s daughter. In love with the idea of becoming a mermaid, Mugabi joked in a photo caption that her daughter wants to become one too.

She also applauded mainstream culture’s growing appreciation for skill over appearance, saying that now is a time “where talent and charisma for the role counts more than what a fictional character looks like.”

Many echoed similar sentiments, including Florida-based mother Natalie Arroyo. On Instagram, Arroyo wrote that the casting initially “threw her off.” But she quickly embraced Bailey’s singing chops (If you haven’t treated yourself to the sonic wonder that is R&B duo Chloe x Halle, do yourself a favour pronto).

“She definitely fit the fins. It made me realize #myariel can be anyone! What I thought was the only way was just a way. That’s important to show my daughter,” Arroyo wrote.

That change of heart is something that Bailey supporters want to see more of.

A major argument propelled by the anti-crowd has stated that Ariel can’t be Black, as it wouldn’t be in line the original Danish fairy tale. But as Disney Cable network Freeform has reminded people, Danish people can be Black, too, and most importantly, it’s a work of fiction.

I am excited for another amazing role model that my daughter and so many other young girls can relate to.

The sticklers might also be forgetting that the heart of Ariel’s story is a transformative work. The narrative of the one-sided, tragic romance is seen as a queer allegory from author Hans Christian Andersen, and is thought to mirror his same-sex, unrequited attraction to a friend. In Andersen’s original fairy tale, the prince rejects the voiceless mermaid to marry a human woman, leaving the little mermaid so heartbroken she turns into sea foam.

As LitHub author Gabrielle Bellot puts it, “Disney’s animated adaptation was never canonical—and canonicity is not a requirement for a remake. The beauty of Andersen’s story is partly in the story itself and in how it continues to be reimagined today.”

Whatever way Bailey reimagines Ariel, she’s already made a big difference in how mothers will be teaching their daughters self-love.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 24/7/2019, 21:10
Messaggio #415

Gold Member

Da Popsugar:

Halle Bailey Got Her Singing Start With Someone Very Close to Her — Her Sister Chloe

20 July 2019
by HANNAH ABRAMS

HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA - JULY 09: Chloe Bailey (L) and Halle Bailey attend the World Premiere of Disney's
While The Little Mermaid's Ariel might be the youngest of seven singing mermaids, it turns out Halle Bailey, the future live-action Ariel, is the younger sister of just one singing superstar, Chloe Bailey. But, much like the original Disney film, Halle and her sister have been harmonizing together for some time now (in their sister pop-R&B duo Chloe x Halle and not under the sea).

Chloe and Halle were born in Atlanta and raised in Los Angeles. Chloe, who is 21, is just about two years older than Halle. They rose to fame when they made their YouTube debut at the ages of 13 and 11 with their own covers of pop songs. Even more amazing? Their first post was a cover of Beyoncé's "Best Thing I Never Had." It was actually their cover of Beyoncé's "Pretty Hurts" that skyrocketed their names to the top of the YouTube charts. As a result of this YouTube viral sensation, the sisters were signed to Beyoncé's management company, Parkwood Entertainment, in 2015.

Their debut EP, Sugar Symphony, was released in 2016, and the Beyoncé moments just kept on coming. The sisters made appearances in Beyoncé's visual album, Lemonade, and went on to be her opening act for the European leg of The Formation World Tour. And just like that, Chloe x Halle were a hit. In 2017, they wrote and recorded The Two of Us.

In 2017, the two decided to add acting to their list of impressive skills when they were added to the cast of the TV series Grown-ish. (They even recorded the theme song.) When asked if it was difficult to play Jazz and Sky (twin track stars) on the show, the sisters said on their YouTube channel that it wasn't difficult to play twins because they already have that "twin mentality" because they're best friends.

The two like to go hiking, ride bikes, watch Netflix, and head to the beach, which they share with their fans on Instagram.

When it comes down to it, though, music is their passion. It's evident in every song they release and every video they post on YouTube.

Halle's casting announcement was made on July 3, and director Rob Marshall has no doubt she will live up to the role.

"After an extensive search, it was abundantly clear that Halle possesses that rare combination of spirit, heart, youth, innocence and substance — plus a glorious singing voice — all intrinsic qualities necessary to play this iconic role," said Marshall in a statement, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Production is set to start in April 2020, and we are excited to see what other stars are announced for the live-action version. Is it just us or would Ryan Gosling make the perfect King Triton? Just saying.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 24/7/2019, 21:11
Messaggio #416

Gold Member

Da Artsy:

Greek Mythology Tells Us That Mermaids Come in All Shades

On July 3rd, Disney announced that 19-year-old Halle Bailey would be the latest actress to star in a string of live-action reboots. Bailey, who is black, was cast as Ariel, the wistful redheaded mermaid who gains her legs to walk among humans. Lightning-fast digital artists offered up new fan art for The Little Mermaid on Twitter, while trolls attempted to sow discord across social media. Not everyone who deplored the casting choice is a bad actor, though. There is an understandable impulse to preserve childhood nostalgia, but Disney’s version from 1989 is not the source material; neither is Hans Christian Andersen’s allegorical tale from 1837, which is much more gruesome and nearly ends in the protagonist murdering her prince.
Ariel’s story really begins in Ancient Greece. According to lore, she is a nereid, one of the dozens of daughters of the sea-god Triton. This isn’t the first time that the internet has been set alight over the suggestion that famous figures of antiquity could be anything but white.Last year, black actors playing Achilles, Patroclus, Zeus, and others in Troy: Fall of a City (2018–ongoing) evoked similar ire. The year before, Classics scholar Sarah Bond was targeted for her essays for Forbes and Hyperallergic dispelling the myth that Greco-Romans and their sculptures were homogeneously white. People in Western antiquity were a range of skin colors, and their statues were actually painted in vivid colors. Bond argued that the continued idealization of white beauty in art fuels contemporary white supremacy beliefs.

That argument is grounded in history. The Western standard of white beauty in art can be traced back to the 15th-century discovery of a Roman marble statue, Apollo of the Belvedere (circa 2nd century CE). In a seminal 1764 treatise, which became the cornerstone of modern art history, Johann Joachim Winckelmann celebrated Apollo Belvedere as the pinnacle of beauty. The statue also became the foundation for Dutch anatomist Pieter Camper’s notions that beauty could be measured from facial proportions—notions that would later fuel Nazi Germany’s ideas of Aryan supremacy, and continue to be referenced in far-right circles today.
Our entire Western, modern sense of race can be traced back to the era of the Scientific Revolution, which “was marked by a desire to categorize, label, and rank everything from plants to minerals,” Bond wrote. “It was only a matter of time before humans were similarly subjected to such manmade systems of classification.”
Race is a social construct, and prejudices function differently by culture or era. Today, “we mistake race for physical appearance,” said Rebecca Futo Kennedy, a scholar of Greek and Roman history, languages, and culture. “Race is not the physical markers; it is the way that we structure ourselves.” She emphasized: “Not everybody’s concept of race has been shaped by the transatlantic slave trade.”

Ancient Romans did not have a racially structured society. Their slave trade was based on the bounties of war—anyone was one fight away from becoming a slave. Freed slaves became citizens, creating a hodgepodge of ethnicities under Roman identity. The Greeks, on the other hand, had various “micro-identities” based on their polis. Some city-states were racially structured—Athenians and Spartans, believed themselves to be superior, but it varied by region.
But across both civilizations, depictions of gods and goddesses weren’t intended to be naturalistic representations of people, Kennedy said, but creative interpretations. Assigning a simplistic modern view of race or skin color to an ancient goddess is faulty by nature, because their creators didn’t have the same sense of race and ethnicity that we do. Doing so “is such an act of projection on our part and a desire to claim ownership of the unreal and the imaginary,” Kennedy said.
Nereids weren’t given particularly distinctive personalities to differentiate between them in Ancient art, but they have appeared on vases, in mosaics, and as relief sculpture and statues. Their skin color could be symbolic of gender or age—young maidens were often pale while adult men were depicted in reds, browns, or black—but colors were also determined by the medium. In one Greek vase painting from the Archaic period at the National Archaeological Museum of Tarquinia, black nereid figures circle Heracles fighting a sea god. In a plate from the Late Classical period at the State Hermitage Museum in Saint Petersburg, a red nereid hitches a ride on the back of a slightly displeased-looking dolphin. Greco-Roman mosaics range from pale to reddish-brown skin tones.

Greeks also experienced color in a wholly different way than we do today. They lacked a word for the color blue, and the Homeric “wine-dark sea” of both The Odyssey and The Iliad has stumped scholars and scientists: It has been suggested that Greeks were congenitally colorblind, or their wine was actually blue, or there was an outbreak of red algae in the Medditeranean Sea. According to scholar Maria Michela Sassi, there’s a more poetic explanation. Ancient Greeks had a complex and specific “chromatic culture,” she wrote, and instead of defining specific hues, they categorized colors by their other qualities, like movement, or light. The sea was like wine because of the way it glittered in the light.
There is one thing that hasn’t changed much over time, however: the belief that our gods look like us. We see it today through the persistent and pervasive belief in Western society that Jesus was white. Likewise, in antiquity, a fragment of a poem by the 6th-century BCE Greek philosopher Xenophanes of Colophon stated Ethiopians believed their gods were black while Thracians imagined them pale and red-haired. It is not so much that we were created in God’s image, but the other way around.
But Western society is not uniformly white, and representation should follow. Tiana from The Princess and the Frog (2009) shouldn’t be the token princess for young black girls to look up to. Disney characters, based on goddesses or otherwise, are idolized with near-religious fervor, and offering diversity to encourage a positive self-image can be a powerful cultural marker.

One Twitter user emphasized just how important representation was for her. “As a white-skinned redhead, I have very strong feelings about #TheLittleMermaid. Ariel changed my ginger world. The mean ‘jokes’ ended. I became envied for my hair. And you know what? I want little black girls to experience that same feeling with new Ariel.”
Ariel can be any race, because race is a social construct, and mermaids can be whatever color we please, because they don’t exist. If we’re going to go by the source material, the representation in ancient mythology fully supports fluidity between retellings.
“We have dozens and dozens of versions [of myths] because everybody re-conceptualizes them through their own lens,” Kennedy said, explaining that Athenians, Spartans, Corinthians and the like each had their own versions. “To try to create them and craft them into singular versions that can’t ever be changed is fundamentally opposed to how myths functioned in the ancient world where they were created.” In short, bring on the black mermaids in the wine-colored seas.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 24/7/2019, 21:13
Messaggio #417

Gold Member

Conosciamo meglio la protagonista del film Halle Bailey.

Da Legit:

Halle Bailey bio: age, height, who is her sister?

7 days ago 1602 views by Mercy Mbuthia

Halle Bailey is an American actress and singer best known as a member of the Chloe x Halle duo. The singer rose to fame in 2013 with a cover of Beyoncé’s Pretty Hurts. Besides her singing career, Halle has recently been in the limelight after being cast by Disney to play Ariel in the upcoming Little Mermaid film. How much do you know about the bubbly and outgoing singer?

Halle Bailey was born in Atlanta, Georgia on March 27, 2000. Halle Bailey parents are Doug and Courtney Bailey. The multi-talented singer is of black ethnicity and American nationality. Halle Bailey age is currently nineteen years. The rising actress grew up with her elder sister Chloe with whom she started the Chloe x Halle duo.

Halle Bailey profile summary

Date of birth: March 27, 2000
Horoscope: Aries
Parents: Doug and Courtney Bailey
Siblings: Chloe Bailey
Profession: Singer and actress
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Black
Weight: 53 kilos
Height: 5 feet 4 inches

Halle Bailey career

The actress learnt how to play the violin and cello at a very young age under her sister’s tutelage. She later learnt how to play the guitar using YouTube tutorials. Halle Bailey sister (Chloe) was an ardent music lover and played a significant role to inspire her younger sister. As the sisters made notable musical progress, their father quit his day job and became their career manager. The duo soon began posting music videos on their YouTube channel. The first video by Chloe x Halle titled Love is You was uploaded in March 2008 and caught the attention of numerous fans all over the world. This was followed up by the duo’s renditions of Girl on Fire, How to Love and Best Thing I Never Had. These songs earned the duo a massive following on YouTube for their soulful performance.

In September 2013, the Chloe and Halle released their first critically acclaimed extended play record titled Uncovered. A few months later in December, the sisters uploaded their rendition of Beyoncé’s Pretty Hurts. This song caught the attention of singer Beyoncé who shared it on her social media pages. In addition to this, the sisters signed a million-dollar contract with Beyoncé’s music label (Parkwood Entertainment) in 2015. The iconic singer would then become their mentor. While acknowledging their musical prowess, Beyoncé told the sisters to trust their gift and let the world catch up to them. In April 2016, the sisters made their debut with Parkwood Entertainment with an EP titled Sugar Symphony. They would go on to perform on of the songs in the EP, Fall at the White House Easter Egg Roll. In June, the duo performed at the BET Awards and the YouTube Music Foundry. Later in the year, the sisters became the opening acts for Beyoncé’s The Formation world tour as well as Andra Day’s Cheers to the Fall tour. The sisters’ bohemian looks began to make waves in the fashion industry around this time. Besides a remarkable music career, Halle is also a talented actress. She made her acting debut in 2006 when she was cast as Tina on the romantic comedy Last Holiday. She then made appearances in films such as Joyful Noise and Let it Shine. The singer also landed television show roles in House of Payne (2007), Austin and Ally and Grown-ish where she plays Skylar. In 2017, the Bailey sisters composed and sang the Grown-ish theme song. In March 2017, the duo released their first mixtape The Two of Us and followed this up with their first studio album one year later. Their debut album titled The Kids Are Alright topped various charts and earned the sisters two Grammy nominations. One of the tracks on the album titled Warrior was among the soundtracks for the film A Wrinkle in Time (2018). In February 2019, Chloe and Halle performed at Super Bowl LIII singing America the Beautiful. Along with her sister, Halle has received various nominations. The most notable ones include:

Grammy Award (2019)
MTV Video Music Awards (2018)
NAACP Image Awards (2017)
MTV Europe Music Awards (2018)
Soul Train Music Awards (2018)
BET Awards (2018)

Halle Bailey’s role as Ariel

The actress has been cast to play Ariel in the live-action adaptation of the 1989 animated hit The Little Mermaid. The film’s director says that despite meeting with potential actresses for the role, Halle was a clear front-runner from the beginning. He goes on to note that Halle possesses a combination of substance, innocence, spirit, youth, and a glorious voice which makes her the perfect fit for the role. Jane Goldman wrote the film’s script.
The Little Mermaid follows the story of a mermaid princess (Ariel) who falls in love with a human prince. Ariel makes a deal with the sea witch (Ursula) to make her human for a few days so that she can be with her lover. The plan goes wrong (as one would expect) and Ariel’s father has to make a sacrifice for his daughter. The decision to cast Halle as Ariel has received mixed reactions. The news was met with much praise from Halle Berry, Mariah Carey, and Chrissy Teigen. However, it also elicited protests from fans who were disappointed by the deviation from the original character’s image and appearance. This led to the creation of social media hashtags such as #NotMyAriel and #NotMyMermaid. However, Freeform, a Disney television network, defended the decision in a letter to fans. In the letter, Freeform points out that while Hans Christian Andersen –The Little Mermaid’s author- was Danish, Ariel is a mermaid and thus a fictional character. The network goes on to say that Danish mermaids can be black because people from Denmark can be black.

Halle Bailey height and other body measurements

The actress has a great-looking body with enviable measurements:

Body measurements: 34-23.5-35 (Bust-Waist-Hips)
Dress size: 4
Body shape: Hourglass
Bra size: 34B
Height: 5 feet 4 inches
Weight: 53 kilos

At a relatively young age, Halle Bailey is already causing waves in the entertainment industry. This bio paints a picture of a determined singer and actress who is bound to rise to prominence in the film and music industries. The singer’s talent, prowess, and personality have gained her numerous fans and followers. We can only wait and see what Halle has in store for us in the future.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 24/7/2019, 21:15
Messaggio #418

Gold Member

Da Popbuzz:

Halle Bailey: 13 Facts about the 'Little Mermaid' Ariel actress you need to know
Get to know Halle Bailey, the actress who is playing Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'. Learn about Halle Bailey's age, height, previous acting roles and more.

1. Who is Halle Bailey? - Meet the actress who is playing Ariel in The Little Mermaid
Halle Bailey is an American singer and actress best known for playing Sky on 'Grown-ish'. She is also one half of musical duo, Chloe x Halle. Halle Bailey will play Ariel in the upcoming 'Little Mermaid' live-action film. Here is everything you need to know about the talented young performer.

2. How old is Halle Bailey?
Halle Bailey was born on March 27, 2000. She turned 19 in 2019 and is an Aries because of her late March birthday.

3. How tall is Halle Bailey?
Halle Bailey is 5 foot 2 inches (1.57m) tall.

4. How do you pronounce Halle Bailey's name?
Halle Bailey is pronounced HAL-LEE BAY-LEE. Her first name is pronounced the same way you would pronounce Hollywood actress Halle Berry's name.

halle bailey atlanta, los angeles
5. Where is Halle Bailey from? What is Halle Bailey's hometown?
Halle Bailey was born in Atlanta, Georgia, and raised in Los Angeles.

6. Who is Halle Bailey's sister? Chloe Bailey.
Halle Bailey has an older sister named Chloe, who rose to fame alongside her. The pair are a musical duo and began posting singing videos together on YouTube at the age of 11 and 13. The pair play twins on Freeform’s 'Grown-ish', although they are not twins in real life. Chloe is just under two years older than Halle.

7. You know Halle best from the musical duo Chloe x Halle.
Chloe X Halle are a sister singing duo signed to Parkwood Entertainment. They began making videos on YouTube in 2011, first uploading a cover of Beyoncé’s “Best Thing I Never Had”. The pair have released two EPs, one mix tape, and a studio album called ‘The Kids Are Alright’. They also opened for Beyoncé on the European dates of her Formation tour.

8. Halle Bailey and her sister Chloe performed at the 2019 Grammy Awards.
Chloe and Halle performed a cover of “Where Is The Love” at the 2019 Grammy’s, wowing the live and at home audience with their incredible harmonies.

9. Who will play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid'? Halle Bailey.
It was announced Halle Bailey would play Ariel in 'The Little Mermaid' live action remake in July 2019. Halle thanked fans for their support when the news broke and wrote that it was a “dream come true”. Rob Marshall, who will direct the film, said: “Halle possesses that rare combination of spirit, heart, youth, innocence, and substance — plus a glorious singing voice — all intrinsic qualities necessary to play this iconic role.”

10. Halle Bailey and Chloe Bailey are protegés of Beyoncé.
Halle Bailey and Chloe Bailey are protegés of Beyoncé and signed with her label, Parkwood Entertainment in 2015. Beyoncé first became aware of Chloe and Halle after their cover of “Truth Hurts”, which currently has 17 million views on YouTube.

11. Is Halle Bailey in the Beyonce 'All Night' video?
Halle Bailey and Chloe Bailey both appear in Beyoncé’s music video for ‘All Night’, from her Lemonade visual album. In the scene, Zendaya and Amandla Stenberg also appear.

12. Who plays Sky in Grown-ish? Halle Bailey.
Halle Bailey has appeared on Freeform’s ‘Grown-ish’ with her sister Chloe since 2018. On the show, Halle plays Sky, aka one half of the “twins”, a dynamic sister duo of runners who befriend Zoey. Other than Halle’s casting as the Little Mermaid, her role on Grown-ish is her biggest one to date.

13. Was Halle Bailey on 'Austin & Ally'?
Halle Bailey was on Disney Channel’s Austin & Ally, alongside her sister Chloe. They performed a song called “Unstoppable” for their season 2 episode 24 appearance in “Moon Week & Mentors”, where Austin and Ally act as celebrity judges in a singing competition.

14. Is Halle Bailey on Twitter and Instagram?
You can follow Halle on Instagram through her joint account with Chloe: @chloexhalle and on Twitter: @chloexhalle.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 24/7/2019, 21:17
Messaggio #419

Gold Member

La notizia del remake live-action riporta in auge i nomi per bambini tratti dalla Sirenetta...

Da Cafemom:

20 Baby Names Inspired By 'The Little Mermaid'

How exciting is it that there's a new version of The Little Mermaid on the way? That movie (and frankly, the whole Disney series) was such an important part of our childhood, we don't even know how many times we ran around singing "Part of Your World," completely, totally, painfully off-key, while trying to twirl forks in our hair, much to our mom's dismay. But for anyone who hasn't read the original Danish fairy tale written by Hans Christian Andersen, we strongly recommend it, but definitely keep kids away from it until they're about, oh, 13 or so -- it's pretty rough going, and spoiler alert: it's not a happy story with a happy ending, like, at all. There's been a lot of talk about this new adaptation, which we're thrilled for, but there have been a lot of adaptations for stage, screen, and TV, starting in 1901 as an opera composed by Dvorak.

There was also a 1952 film that adapted several of Hans Christian Anderson's stories, a TV series starring Shirley Temple back in 1958, and several Russian, Spanish, and Japanese series as early as 1968, so this new adaptation is part of a long history of adaptations of this interesting, compelling story. Generally, we're huge fans of the way Disney does adaptations generally though (those songs!) and we love thinking about baby names in relation to these cherished classics. For instance, baby girl names inspired by forgotten Disney characters or baby boy names, also inspired by forgotten Disney characters. For a different take, try some more unusual baby boy names inspired by Disney and while it might seem strange, baby names inspired by Disney villains -- kids don't have to take after the villain to have a cool name!

ARIEL

Yes, this is the obvious one: Ariel is the protagonist of The Little Mermaid, and she's pretty much been every little girl's dream. In the 1989 animated version, she was voiced by Jodi Benson, and in the upcoming live action version, she'll be portrayed by Halle Bailey.

ALANA

In the Disney version, Alana is one of Ariel's sisters under the sea. She sports a pink tail and a purple seashell bra, with black hair with a pink crown. She's the second oldest of the sisters, and becomes a major character in the prequel.

CHRISTIAN

Hans Christian Andersen is the author of the original story, The Little Mermaid. He was a Danish author from the 1800s, and he wrote a number of tales we think of as classic fairy tales today, including The Emperor's New Clothes and The Snow Queen.

ERIC

In the original Hans Christian Andersen tale, the prince didn't have a name, but in the Disney version, his name became Prince Eric. He is voiced by Christopher Daniel Barnes in the 1989 version, and there is still speculation about who will play him in the upcoming live action.

HALLE

Halle Bailey is the beautiful young actress who will be portraying Ariel in the new version of The Little Mermaid. She's a remarkable singer, half of the musical duo Chloe x Halle, and an actor on ABC's hit show Grown-ish. We can't wait to see her performance.

JOHN

John Musker co-wrote and co-directed the 1989 The Little Mermaid with his directing and writing partner, Ron Clements. He has been a writer and director on many amazing Disney productions, including Moana, Hercules, and Aladdin.

CARROLL

Pat Carroll was the voice of Ursula in the 1989 The Little Mermaid, and we hope she eventually reads this round-up, because she is without question the voice of our favorite Disney villain, and her voice is a big part of that.

SEBASTIAN

Sebastian is the name of the delightful red Jamaican crab who is a semi-sidekick of Ariel's, but really, a servant of King Triton. He's a musician, and in the story, he composed "Under The Sea," one of the best songs in the original Disney movie.

ADELLA

Adella is one of Ariel's sisters -- she's the one with the yellow tail and bright green seashell bra. We love her name, which is a play on names like Adele and Adelaide, which come from German and mean "noble."

MAX

Sure, in the film, Max is an Old English Sheepdog, but he's also one of the best characters -- he discovers Ariel, and he's incredibly affectionate and loving. We also just love the name Max generally, especially when it's short for Maximillian, which means "greatest."

ARISTA

In the animated film of The Little Mermaid, Arista is the one with a red tail and a matching seashell bra. In the prequel, she's a main character. She loves music and plays the trombone. Arista is a Greek name meaning "The Best."

GABRIELLA

In the TV series, Gabriella is one of Ariel's friends. She is a deaf mermaid, she has a pink tail and matching seashell bra, and she speaks in sign language. It's a feminine version of Gabriel, a Hebrew name meaning "God is my strength."

JODI

Jodi Benson is the voice of Ariel in the 1989 The Little Mermaid. We grew up listening to her gorgeous voice, and we think naming a baby in her honor would be a great tribute. And for fans of Hercules, she was also the voice of Helen.

PEARL

Pearl is an adorable blond mermaid with a blue tail and matching seashell top. While she's a bit of a bad influence, we love her name, which may be connected to the name Margaret, which means "pearl."

MORGANA

Morgana is Ursula's younger sister. She is half octopus, has eight tentacles, and is a gray-green in color. While she may be a villain, we love her and her name, which is a play on the Arthurian legend of Morgan le Fay.

MELODY

In the sequel to The Little Mermaid, Melody is Ariel and Eric's daughter. She has a Rapunzel-esque storyline, and we love her name, which is taken directly from the Greek word for song, as "melos" means "to sing."

ATHENA

In The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning, Athena was Triton's wife, and Ariel and her sisters' mother. We love the name Athena, which is also the name of the Greek goddess of wisdom, who is associated with owls and olive trees.

JASON

Jason Marin gave us the voice of Flounder in the 1989 animated classic, for which we are profoundly grateful -- it's a great performance, and he was only 15 when the film came out. We also just love the name Jason, which means "healer" in Greek.

RENE

Rene Auberjonois provided the voice of the French chef, Louis, in the 1989 animated film version. He was also a principal character on the TV show M*A*S*H, and has been a great character in many shows since.

ALAN

Alan Menken provided the original score for The Little Mermaid, and we don't even really have to say that it's iconic. He has been the composer behind many Disney efforts, including Beauty and the Beast and Aladdin.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 24/7/2019, 21:28
Messaggio #420

Gold Member

veu postate pure, ci mancherebbe...ho espresso solo il mio parere; come ho scritto, come sempre riportate quello che si legge in giro e ahimè non si va oltre la solita minestra con questo film, per cui mi basta leggere il solito titolo che vado oltre...Seguirò il topic ma certamente a caccia di info sul film, gli articoli di persuasione su un'attrice definita "perfetta" ma che evidentemente ha ancora tutto da dimostrare per me hanno raggiunto il limite, tutto qui Saluto.gif .

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 26/7/2019, 9:30
Messaggio #421

Gold Member

Da Billboard:

NEWS
Lin-Manuel Miranda on Writing New Music for 'The Little Mermaid': 'I Will Definitely Fall Short'

The "Hamilton" creator is working with original composer Alan Menken on additional music for upcoming live-action remake.
Lin-Manuel Miranda may have earned multiple Tonys and Grammys, not to mention an Emmy and Pulitzer Prize, but all the accolades haven’t made him any less nervous about following in one of his musical hero’s footsteps.

As previously announced, the Hamilton creator is working on new music for the live-action remake of The Little Mermaid -- a tale so important to Miranda that he named his oldest son Sebastian partially in homage to the 1989 animated Disney film -- alongside original composer Alan Menken.

Every writing session feels like a master class, Miranda told Billboard at WarnerMedia’s Television Critics Association party Wednesday night (July 24), where he was promoting his new HBO miniseries, His Dark Materials. In fact, he and Menken were Skyping right before the party. His love for Menken’s music started early: Upon learning that one of his classmates was related to Menken, a 12-year-old Miranda secured an autograph from the multiple Oscar winner.

Miranda was positively giddy about writing with Menken, though expressed his concern that no one could match the genius of Menken’s former writing partner, lyricist Howard Ashman, who died in 1991.

“I will definitely fall short because no one can write like that,” Miranda said modestly, before reciting the lyric “What’s a fire and why does it -- what’s the word? -- burn?” from Little Mermaid’s “Part of Your World,” and praising Menken for his brilliant simplicity.

Earlier this month, Disney announced that Halle Bailey of pop duo Chloe x Halle will play Ariel in the reboot. Miranda said he expected more casting news to come out at Disney’s D23 Expo, Aug. 23-25.
[/a]

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 29/7/2019, 23:02
Messaggio #422

Gold Member

Notizia:

* Sembra che Melissa McCarthy e Awkwafina abbiano ufficialmente firmato il loro contratto, rispettivamente nei ruoli di Ursula e Scuttle.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Klauz_star
messaggio 2/8/2019, 13:56
Messaggio #423

Gold Member

Da: italia

Doppio ruolo? Non sarà faticoso?

Ci sarà parecchio da attendere ?

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 3/8/2019, 11:45
Messaggio #424

Gold Member

Klauz, il film dovrebbe uscire nel 2021.
Per il doppio ruolo non si sa, ma comunque Vanessa non è che sarà in scena per molte sequenze, è come nel cartone e non crediamo che crei problemi la realizzazione del doppio (già nelle soap anni '80, quindi prodotti televisivi di trent'anni fa, utilizzavano attori per interpretare doppi ruoli e non avevano né il budget nè la tecnologia di oggi, quindi non crea problemi).

-----------------------

* Secondo i rumors, al D23 verrà annunciato il cast completo oltre ai dettagli di come il film verrà girato dal punto di vista tecnico e una data ufficiale per la pellicola, prevista per il 2021.

Dal sito Disinsider:

The Little Mermaid

All eyes will be on this live-action adaptation getting officially announced. Expect the main cast for the film to be announced, with details on how this film will be shot from a technical standpoint, along with an official release date for the film, which is likely going to be somewhere in 2021.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Fulvio84
messaggio 3/8/2019, 14:37
Messaggio #425

Gold Member

Da: Caserta

CITAZIONE (Colosso @ 24/7/2019, 20:41) *
Bud Spencer diceva che anche una scimmia se istruita nel modo giusto sa recitare. Nei suoi film lui era doppiato e non gli si richiedeva bravura da attore , ma aderenza al ruolo e credibilità (il tipo grosso e burbero ma dal cuore d'oro).
Allo stesso modo, per me è MOLTO più importante avere una Ariel simile al personaggio animato che una brava a cantare. Da che mondo è mondo nei musical cinematografici se l'attore non è un grande cantante viene sostituito da una voce che canta al suo posto. Inoltre la Disney non considera che in tutti i paesi non anglofoni la Bailey sarà doppiata e così l'unico criterio per valutarla sarà la sua adattabilità al ruolo.
A me tutte queste dichiarazioni sembrano soltanto pretesti per giustificare una scelta di marketing che va a contrariare la grande maggioranza degli spettatori. Alla fine saranno gli incassi a giudicare chi ha ragione e non vedo perchè tutti quelli che sono stati bollati come razzisti dovrebbero supportare il film, mentre le minoranze sono appunto minoranze che non determinano il successo al botteghino.

esatto

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Klauz_star
messaggio 3/8/2019, 15:30
Messaggio #426

Gold Member

Da: italia

CITAZIONE (veu @ 3/8/2019, 12:45) *
Klauz, il film dovrebbe uscire nel 2021.
Per il doppio ruolo non si sa, ma comunque Vanessa non è che sarà in scena per molte sequenze, è come nel cartone e non crediamo che crei problemi la realizzazione del doppio (già nelle soap anni '80, quindi prodotti televisivi di trent'anni fa, utilizzavano attori per interpretare doppi ruoli e non avevano né il budget nè la tecnologia di oggi, quindi non crea problemi).

-----------------------

* Secondo i rumors, al D23 verrà annunciato il cast completo oltre ai dettagli di come il film verrà girato dal punto di vista tecnico e una data ufficiale per la pellicola, prevista per il 2021.

Dal sito Disinsider:

The Little Mermaid

All eyes will be on this live-action adaptation getting officially announced. Expect the main cast for the film to be announced, with details on how this film will be shot from a technical standpoint, along with an official release date for the film, which is likely going to be somewhere in 2021.

Avevo letto scuttle... per Vanessa o ci saranno effetti speciali o ingaggeranno un'altra attrice, Vanessa in teoria è come se fosse un alter-ego malvagio di ariel nel cartone, la fisionomia è simile ha solo i capelli neri e lo sguardo perfido...

Scuttle sarà sostituito da un altro tipo di volatile a quanto ho capito

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 5/8/2019, 17:09
Messaggio #427

Gold Member

Dal sito della CNN:

Melissa McCarthy hints she'll take on the role of Ursula in Disney's live-action 'Little Mermaid'
By Marianne Garvey, CNN

Updated 1315 GMT (2115 HKT) July 30, 2019

(CNN)Melissa McCarthy is obviously interested in taking on the role of Ursula in Disney's live-action "Little Mermaid," winking at the camera when Jimmy Kimmel asked her if she'd be playing the part.

The actress addressed the rumors during her Monday night appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" after discussing her worst date ever and how her elderly father has started trapping squirrels in his car.
"I read that you are going to be a part of the live-action remake of 'Little Mermaid,'" Kimmel asked. McCarthy joked, "What's that?"
"I hadn't heard about that. It seems like it will be an awfully fun thing to do. I'd love if Disney gave me a little ringy-ding-ding," she added. "We'll see," she said, throwing an exaggerated wink to the camera. "If it did happen, it would be very wonderful, Disney."
She went on to say she absolutely loves the original "Mermaid," because when she worked as a nanny before hitting it big, she watched it "every single night for about a year and a half."
"I know it to my core, and I weirdly still love it," she said.
" allowfullscreen>
Her only worry was embarrassing her kids with her portrayal of the sea witch, who grants a mermaid (Ariel) a wish at great cost.
Halle Bailey, who is half the R&B duo Chloe x Halle with her sister, will play Ariel.
Jacob Tremblay and Awkwafina are also reportedly in talks to star in the remake.
Rob Marshall is signed on to direct, and Lin-Manuel Miranda will contribute to the film's music.

Video:

Click

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 5/8/2019, 17:11
Messaggio #428

Gold Member

Da Time:

Melissa McCarthy Addressed The Little Mermaid Rumors in the Most Charming Way Possible

BY MELISSA LOCKER 10:56 AM EDT
Melissa McCarthy knows how to keep a secret. The actor swung by Jimmy Kimmel Live! on Monday night to promote her new film The Kitchen, and when host Jimmy Kimmel asked her about one of the rumors sweeping Hollywood, she used all her acting skills to play dumb.

“I’ve read that you’re going to be part of the live-action The Little Mermaid,” Kimmel asked.

“What’s that? Disney?” McCarthy joked about the forthcoming live action remake of the beloved Disney film, which recently cast Halle Bailey as its lead mermaid.

Play Video
McCarthy continued the charade, telling Kimmel: “I hadn’t heard about that. It seems like it will be an awfully fun thing to do. I’d love if Disney gave me a little ringy-dingy.”

“If it did (happen), it would be very wonderful,” she said, adding a very subtle, and not-at-all knowing wink.

While McCarthy would not spill the casting beans, she did admit that she was well-versed in the animated version of the film. “I was a nanny when that first came out, and one of the little girls I was watching, we watched it every single night for a year and a half,” she explained to Kimmel. “So I know it, I know it to my core. And I weirdly still love it.”

She also confessed that her own little girls would be watching her very closely if she did happen to get cast in the live-action The Little Mermaid. She told Kimmel than when she told her daughters about the potential role, “They were like, ‘Really?’ And then also I think there was a little whisper of, ‘Don’t embarrass me!’” Not that McCarthy knows anything about playing Ursula, of course.

The Little Mermaid is the next film in Disney’s strategy of remaking its classic animated movies into live-action features. It follows the recent adaptations of Aladdin and the current blockbuster, The Lion King.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Da DigitalSpy:

Melissa McCarthy responds to Disney's Little Mermaid Ursula rumours
She watched the original every night for over a year.

Melissa McCarthy has responded to rumours that she'll be joining the cast of Disney's live-action remake of The Little Mermaid.

It was recently reported that the actress was in talks with Disney about joining director Rob Marshall in the movie to play the iconic villain and sea witch Ursula.

Appearing on Jimmy Kimmel Live, she got quizzed by the presenter if that's really true.

"I hadn't heard about that," McCarthy responded, teasing Kimmel and the audience. "It seems like it would be an awfully fun thing to do.

"I'd love it if Disney gave me a little ringy dingy. We'll see," she said, before giving the camera a cheeky wink.

"If that were to happen, that would be fun," replied Kimmel.

"If it did [happen], it would be very wonderful, Disney," McCarthy added.

While the actress didn't reveal if she's really joining the live-action adaptation, she spoke of her fond memories of the original animation.

"I was a nanny when that first came out, and one of the little girls I was watching, we watched it every single night for a year and a half," she told Kimmel. "So I know it, I know it to my core. And I weirdly still love it."

Meanwhile, The Little Mermaid has recently confirmed the new additions to its cast which now include 12-year-old Room star Jacob Tremblay and Crazy Rich Asians actress and comic Awkwafina.

Tremblay will play a new version of Ariel's best friend Flounder – the bright yellow and blue-coloured tropical fish who was voiced by Jason Marin in the classic Little Mermaid.

Awkwafina is playing the seagull Scuttle, who was voiced by the late comedian Buddy Hackett in the original animation.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 5/8/2019, 17:12
Messaggio #429

Gold Member

Da Metro:

Melissa McCarthy fuels The Little Mermaid Ursula casting rumours: ‘It would be very wonderful’

Louise GriffinWednesday 31 Jul 2019 8:29 am

Melissa McCarthy has cheekily gone and fuelled all the rumours that she’s in talks to play Ursula in Disney‘s live action remake of The Little Mermaid and now we don’t know what to think.
Curse you, McCarthy.
The Bridesmaids actress, who has reportedly been in talks to play the sea witch, wasn’t giving anything away as she spoke on Jimmy Kimmel Live.
After the host brought up the rumours, she joked: ‘I hadn’t heard about that. It seems like it would be an awfully fun thing to do. I’d love if Disney gave me a little ringy-dingy.’ Turning to face the camera, like something straight out of The Office, she said: ‘We’ll see,’ before adding: ‘If It did it would be very wonderful, Disney.’
Guys, we think she really wants that job.
Speculation about the casting has been rife over the past month, with Variety claiming that the 48-year-old is set to take on the role of the villain.
However, she’s not the only one keen, after Lizzo also volunteered herself for the role. The 31-year-old rapper quoted an article about McCarthy’s talks with a pleading-faced emoji on Twitter, followed by a repost of a video of her dressed up as the Disney character from last Halloween.
Looking like the spitting image of Ursula herself, the video showcases the rapper powerfully belting out one of the film’s numbers, Poor Unfortunate Souls.
There’s definitely some strong competition.
Meanwhile Halle Bailey has been confirmed to play the lead role of Ariel, after director Rob Marshall has spent the past couple of months meeting potential stars.
However, insiders have said that Halle had been a front runner from the start. ‘After an extensive search, it was abundantly clear that Halle possesses that rare combination of spirit, heart, youth, innocence, and substance — plus a glorious singing voice — all intrinsic qualities necessary to play this iconic role’, Rob said in a statement.
This will be the singer’s feature film debut, after having success as part of the duo Chloe X Halle, with her sister Chloe.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 5/8/2019, 17:15
Messaggio #430

Gold Member

Qui la storia dietro l'artwork di Ariel divenuto virale sul web

Da Bustle:

'The Little Mermaid' Artwork Gone Viral Has The Sweetest Backstory
By SHANNON STUBBS
5 hours ago

Courtesy of Dylan Bonner

When singer and grown-ish star Halle Bailey was announced as the new Ariel in the upcoming live-action remake of The Little Mermaid on July 3, the Internet went into an absolute frenzy. Social media buzzed about the rising star in Disney mermaid fins, and Bailey even shared her excitement by posting an animated dark-skinned Ariel on Twitter and Instagram.

But, The Little Mermaid artwork has a backstory that sounds like a Disney fairytale itself. Manina Gupta is the inspiration behind the image that's now widely considered a symbol of the upcoming remake. “My partner at the time commissioned a family friend and talented artist a series of Disney Princesses recreated in my likeness,” she tells Bustle.

Courtesy of Manini Gupta

Gupta's likeness as Ariel was originally created back in 2015 by Dylan Bonner, who was commissioned for the piece by Gupta's then-boyfriend Brian Flynn. He wanted Bonner to recreate a series of iconic moments in Disney princess films — but replace the characters with Flynn and Gupta — as a Valentine’s Day gift.

A Disney fan herself, Gupta was moved to tears by the sweet present. “I cried a little when I saw the illustrations,” she says. “Partly because it was such a thoughtful gift, but also because I didn’t realize how much of an impact it would have on me to see myself represented as iconic characters.”

She says that the illustrations stemmed from a conversation she had with Flynn, when she shared what it was like growing up as an Indian American in the predominantly white suburban Midwest. Not seeing herself in the people around her — nor in popular culture — took a toll on her self confidence. “I subscribed, like many young people of color, to an idealized Western standard of beauty that was predominant at the time,” she says.

Who says a fictional mermaid can’t be a young black woman?
That notion resonated with many. The illustrations went viral that year, attracting attention from media outlets such as Cosmopolitan and niche blogs.

Courtesy of Dylan Bonner
Fast forward four years later, and Bonner’s art has gone a million times more viral after Bailey posted his image. Both Bonner and Gupta are ecstatic that she will play Ariel. “It’s cool to see it take on a different meaning, especially to see the reactions and people who feel that they identify with it,” Bonner says.

But needless to say, the moment has an even deeper meaning for Gupta. Receiving the present in 2015 meant one thing, but she calls seeing her likeness used to celebrate the upcoming remake equally “bizarre and incredible.”

“It was sweet and cute at the time because we weren't quite yet living in a world where that was possible, where it seemed even reasonable to see a mainstream Disney princess undergo a recasting in a way that Ariel has now,” she says.

However, with any progress, there are always people who disagree with the change. After Bailey posted the illustration of a dark-skinned Ariel, the hashtag #NotMyAriel soon followed. Bonner, who currently works with Disney and says The Little Mermaid is his all-time favorite Disney film, thinks Bailey is perfect for the role. “Ariel is all personality,” he says. “The appearance should make no difference.”

Gupta personally finds the critics to be ridiculous, pointing out that the remake doesn’t take anything away from the original. She believes Bailey's casting is a massive step in the right direction, and can positively influence how other brown and black women see themselves in the future. Seeing herself in the images in 2015 made her feel more represented than she ever had, and she wants this adaptation to do that for women of color.

“For me, it feels like we [can] finally see a representation of something that I always craved seeing myself in, and I never got to,” she says. “And who says a fictional mermaid can’t be a young black woman?”

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 5/8/2019, 17:16
Messaggio #431

Gold Member

Da DigitalSpy:

Why The Little Mermaid's live action remake Ursula casting is such a big deal
Life's full of tough choices.
BY IAN SANDWELL AND DAVID OPIE
01/08/2019

It's been a big year for Disney's live-action remakes, with three hitting the cinemas and two making $1 billion (sorry, Dumbo).

But if you thought that because the sheer amount of them would lead to a diminishing interest in the upcoming remakes, you'd be sorely mistaken as there is a lot of talk about The Little Mermaid.

Specifically, Disney fans are very keen to see who will play Ursula in Rob Marshall's adaptation – and it's not just because she's one of Disney's most iconic villains.

While nothing has been confirmed officially yet, it looks like Melissa McCarthy will take on the role of the sea witch in the live-action remake. She recently responded to the reports by saying it "would be an awfully fun thing to do".

"I'd love it if Disney gave me a little ringy dingy. We'll see," McCarthy added, before giving the camera a cheeky wink. "If it did [happen], it would be very wonderful, Disney."

It's certainly a lot better than the rumoured casting earlier this year about Lady Gaga taking on the role, around the same time that Zendaya was reported to be playing Ariel. But some fans still aren't convinced that McCarthy is the right person to play the villain.

Of course, casting backlashes are nothing new, but here they do have a basis in the character's origin.

The original look for Ursula in the animation was inspired by drag queen icon Divine, who regularly appeared in movies by John Waters. This inspiration led some to hope that when it came to the live-action version, Disney would cast a drag queen as Ursula.

Earlier this year, Harvey Fierstein played the role of Ursula in The Little Mermaid live at the Hollywood Bowl.

Given his background in drag performance (winning awards for the likes of Hairspray and Torch Song Trilogy), Fierstein was talked about as a possible Ursula and would play the role, if composer Alan Menken had his way.

"I've wanted Harvey Fierstein to play Ursula. I would kill for that," Menken told Gay Times in 2017. "We wanted that, and we would love it in a flash."

Another popular choice among fans is Drag Race alum Latrice Royale. Known for her hilarious catchphrases and larger than life persona, she possesses all of the charisma, uniqueness, nerve and talent to pull off such a role.

And Latrice agrees too. Just a few weeks ago, Royale told AV Club that "the 'Poor Unfortunate Souls' moment is just everything for me", although she did admit that McCarthy would be a "cute" choice too.

It doesn't seem like either of them will end up getting the role, but Harvey Fierstein and Latrice Royale weren't the only options either, as performers from outside the drag world were throwing their hat in the ring too.

When reports emerged that Disney was working on a remake of The Little Mermaid, musician Lizzo was also quick to throw her name in the hat with a terrific version of 'Poor Unfortunate Souls'.

As with Fierstein, it looks like Lizzo won't be cast in the remake, however much fans would have wanted it.

And neither will Tituss Burgess.

If McCarthy does indeed land the role, it's a daunting task to live up to the memorable performance from Pat Carroll in the 1989 animation that saw her deepen her own voice to play Ursula as an "ex-Shakespearean actress who now sold cars".

It's hard to believe now, but Carroll wasn't even the first choice for the role as Elaine Stritch was cast, but she had creative differences with lyricist Howard Ashman and left the movie.

So those who hope that Disney will actually cast a drag queen in the remake might not want to lose hope just yet...

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 5/8/2019, 17:17
Messaggio #432

Gold Member

Articolo su Harry Styles e il Principe Eric da Mauxa:

Harry Styles top, testimonial di Gucci e principe Eric nella Sirenetta
DAILY / NEWS - 02 August 2019 10:30
La pop star anche ospite all'esclusivo Google Camp.

Harry Styles è stato tra gli ospiti illustri del Google Camp, dal 31 luglio al 2 agosto a Selinunte, Sicilia. Numerose le personalità fondatrici di colossi del web come Facebook, Tripadvisor, Netflix, Amazon, ma anche numerosi super vip cui cala il riserbo. Tra gli attori hollywoodiani avvistati anche Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney.

Protagonista della Sirenetta, testimonial di Gucci
Dopo il successo dell'album solista e il debutto al cinema con Dunkirk di Christopher Nolan, Harry Styles è atteso nei panni del principe Eric nel remake live action della Sirenetta. A dirigerlo sarà Rob Marshall, coreografo e regista di blockbuster come Chicago (2002), Memorie di un Geisha (2005), Nine (2009), Pirati dei Caraibi Oltre i confini (2011), Into the Woods (2014), Il ritorno di Mary Poppins (2018).
Accanto al cantante britannico, a interpretare Ariel nel film ci sarà Halle Bailey. Javier Bardem è chiamato a interpretare il Re Tritone, mentre a Melissa Mcarthy è affidata il ruolo di Ursula, la zia della sirenetta che brama il regno di Atlantica.

Harry Styles presta il volto anche al brand Gucci, già testimonial della collezione Cruise e Gucci Tailoring. Insieme alla sua stilista Harris Reed, Stylesa ha lanciato il òprimo profumo universale della maison italiana, Memorie d'une Odeur: camomilla romana e gelsomino corallo indiano danno vita a una fragranza gender fluid e senza tempo.

User's Signature

+Quote Post

109 Pagine V  « < 16 17 18 19 20 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (2 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 20/4/2024, 0:26