Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

4 Pagine V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Wonderful World of Disney: The Little Mermaid Live, Film Tv della ABC
veu
messaggio 5/8/2019, 22:05
Messaggio #25

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore

Il presidente della ABC Karey Burke riferisce che La Sirenetta se avrà successo sarà il primo di una serie di musical basati sui musical Disney ad arrivare in tv.

Inoltre sempre Burke riferisce che non ci sarà concorrenza con il film live-action che ha per protagonista Halle Bailey perchè il musical televisivo sarà completamente differente dal film.

Da Deadline:

‘The Little Mermaid’ Live Event A Go On ABC With Auli’i Cravalho As Ariel, Queen Latifah & Shaggy Co-Starring

By Nellie Andreeva

Nellie Andreeva
Co-Editor-in-Chief, TV

August 5, 2019 10:41am

ABC’s The Little Mermaid live special is back on, and it has set most of its core cast with Moana star Auli’i Cravalho as Ariel, Queen Latifah as Ursula and Shaggy as Sebastian. The Wonderful World of Disney Presents The Little Mermaid Live!, featuring a mix of live action, animation and puppetry, will air Nov. 5 to mark the classic Disney animated feature’s 30th anniversary.

ABC originally announced in May 2017 that it would stage a live production of the beloved underwater tale under the long-dormant Wonderful World of Disney banner, which was slated for Oct. 3, 2017. In August of that year, the network announced that the live event had been put on hold.

Since joining ABC last December as President of Entertainment, Karey Burke has expressed strong support for live specials. Her commitment was likely reaffirmed in May after the success of Jimmy Kimmel’s live staging of two classic Norman Lear sitcoms on the network, which spawned two more installments.

Burke today said that if The Little Mermaid is a success, it too can lead to do more live musicals based on Disney film titles on ABC. “If it works, I expect we will do more of them and we will work closely with the feature department about timing,” she said.

Billed as a tribute to the original animated classic and its music, The Wonderful World of Disney Presents The Little Mermaid Live! will feature live musical performances by its star-studded cast interwoven into the broadcast of the original feature film. The hybrid format will combine intricate sets and costumes created for the special with music from the original animated film and the Tony Award-winning Broadway stage version, composed by eight-time Oscar-winner Alan Menken. Howard Ashman’s film lyrics will also be showcased, with Glenn Slater, lyricist for the Broadway adaptation, as a contributor.

Cravalho, who will play the title role of Ariel, already is in the extended Disney Princesses family having voiced Moana in the hit animated movie. Queen Latifah will play the villainous sea witch Ursula; while Jamaican reggae musician Shaggy will voice the lovable red crab Sebastian and is expected to perform the film’s signature song, the Oscar-winning Under the Sea.

The news of The Wonderful World of Disney Presents The Little Mermaid Live! going forward comes as Disney is gearing up for production of a live-action feature adaptation of The Little Mermaid for director Rob Marshall, Hamilton‘s Lin-Manuel Miranda and Menken. Halle Bailey has been set as Ariel in the movie, Awkwafina as Ariel’s seagull friend Scuttle, and Jacob Tremblay as Ariel’s friendly fish pal Flounder, while Melissa McCarthy has been rumored for the role of UIrsula and Harry Styles for Prince Eric.

Burke is not worried about ABC’s live Little Mermaid special and the upcoming movie cannibalizing each other. “Ours is distinctly different from the feature film,” she said.

The Wonderful World of Disney presents The Little Mermaid Live! is produced by Done+Dusted. Executive producers include Done+Dusted’s Hamish Hamilton, who will also direct, Katy Mullan, David Jammy, Raj Kapoor and Ian Stewart. Also executive producing is Richard Kraft, producer and director of the Hollywood Bowl productions of The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

Following her breakout role in Moana, Cravalho performed the film’s anthem, How Far I’ll Go, at the Oscars and starred in the NBC musical drama series Rise. It was just announced that she is the lead of the Brett Haley Netflix film Sorta Like a Rock Star. She is repped by Framework Entertainment, WME and Schreck Rose Dapello.

User's Signature

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 5/8/2019, 22:06
Messaggio #26

Gold Member

Articolo tradotto in italiano da TvBadtaste:

La Sirenetta: Auli’i Cravalho star del musical trasmesso live da ABC!

La Sirenetta diventerà un musical che verrà trasmesso in diretta su ABC e la protagonista sarà la giovane attrice Auli’i Cravalho nel ruolo di Ariel. Nel cast del progetto anche Queen Latifah che sarà Ursula e Shaggy nella parte di Sebastian.
Il network aveva annunciato nel mese di maggio 2017 l’intenzione di trasmettere lo spettacolo ispirato alla principessa Ariel, ma si era poi deciso di rimandare l’evento televisivo.

La versione della storia de La Sirenetta con star Auli’i Carvalho ideata per ABC potrà contare su un mix di animazione, live action e marionette e andrà in onda sugli schermi americani il 5 novembre, in occasione del trentesimo anniversario del debutto del lungometraggio animato.

The Wonderful World of Disney Presents The Little Mermaid Live! avrà, come di consueto, le interpretazioni dal vivo del suo cast, intrecciate con scene del film cult. Tra i brani che verranno eseguite anche alcuni tratti dalla versione di Broadway e composti da Alan Menken. Per l’occasione verranno poi create elaborate scenografie e incredibili costumi.
Alla regia ci sarà Hamish Hamilton e gli spettatori potranno nuovamente assistere alla storia della giovane principessa Ariel che incontra per caso l’affascinante Eric e si innamora di lui, decidendo di seguirlo sulla terraferma. Per farlo ha però bisogno delle gambe, situazione che la porta a contattare la malvagia Ursula, la strega che la priverà della sua voce e cercherà di ingannare Eric per poter prendere il controllo del regno marino, ricattando re Tritone, pronto a tutto pur di salvare l’amata figlia ribelle. Il classico d’animazione prodotto dalla Disney avrà prossimamente una versione live-action al centro di alcune polemiche a causa della scelta della produzione di affidare il ruolo della protagonista all’attrice Hallee Bailey, modificando così in modo significativo l’aspetto di Ariel rispetto alla versione originale.

Che ne pensate? Auli’i Cravalho vi sembra la scelta giusta per La Sirenetta?

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 7/8/2019, 19:35
Messaggio #27

Gold Member

Qui il logo ufficiale:

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 7/8/2019, 21:02
Messaggio #28

Gold Member

Da BestMovie:

La Sirenetta, Auli’i Cravalho sarà Ariel nello spettacolo live ABC
Nella versione live della ABC de La Sirenetta Auli’i Cravalho, già voce della principessa Vaiana, interpreterà live la sirena Ariel

No, la Disney non ha cambiato idea sul casting del film live action. Ma prima di vedere al cinema il film di Rob Marshall i fortunati spettatori americani potranno anche assistere a una versione concerto de La Sirenetta, per festeggiare i 30 anni dall’uscita del classico Disney. In questa edizione prodotta dal canale televisivo ABC (di proprietà della Disney) de La Sirenetta Auli’i Cravalho sarà la fortunata interprete di Ariel, l’amatissima principessa dalla splendida voce.

La Sirenetta Auli’i Cravalho sarà Ariel
Lo spettacolo si intitolerà “The Wonderful World of Disney Presents The Little Mermaid Live!” e sarà un misto tra una versione concerto e un musical, con interpreti dal vivo, marionette per interpretare gli animali del film come il granchio Sebastian, il pesciolino Flounder e il gabbiano Scuttle e proiezioni del classico d’animazione originale. Ci saranno inoltre “set e costumi molto elaborati” ed è confermato che oltre alle canzoni del film saranno aggiunti anche alcuni brani provenienti dal musical di Broadway, scritti da Alan Menken e Glenn Slater.

A vestire i panni di Ariel sarà Auli’i Cravalho, attrice e cantante hawaiiana che tutti abbiamo imparato a conoscere come la voce di Vaiana nel cartoon Disney Oceania. Dopo essere stata scoperta tra tante aspiranti principesse Disney, Auli’i si è ora trasferita a Los Angeles dove ha intrapreso la carriera di attrice recitando nella serie Rise.

Nel cast ci saranno anche Queen Latifah nel ruolo della strega del mare Ursula e Shaggy nei panni di Sebastian.

Il film live action
Nel frattempo continua la pre-produzione del film live action de La Sirenetta, le cui riprese inizieranno nei primi mesi del 2020 in Sudafrica e a Puerto Rico. Il film sarà diretto da Rob Marshall (Il ritorno di Mary Poppins) mentre la colonna sonora sarà di Alan Menken (compositore del film originale) e di Lin-Manuel Miranda (Oceania), i quali sono già al lavoro sui brani inediti.

Il casting del film ha sollevato molto scalpore online quando la Disney ha deciso di andare in una direzione completamente opposta rispetto alla ricerca della somiglianza assoluta come accaduto per La Bella e la Bestia o Aladdin, scegliendo infatti per il ruolo di Ariel la diciannovenne cantante afroamericana Halle Bailey del duo Chloe X Halle. Accanto a lei come principe Eric dovrebbe esserci Harry Styles, ex membro della band One Direction che ha fatto il suo debutto come attore in Dunkirk di Christopher Nolan. Infine, Akwafina e Jacob Tremblay doppieranno rispettivamente Scuttle e Flounder, mentre Melissa McCarthy e Javier Bardem sono in trattative per i ruoli di Ursula e Tritone.

La data d’uscita del film non è stata ancora ufficializzata, ma dovrebbe essere nel 2021.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Hiroe
messaggio 7/8/2019, 22:37
Messaggio #29

Gold Member

Gruppo: Utente
Da: Pisa

Troppo bella come iniziativa, sopratutto se incorporerà anche animazione e marionette! Certo, quante nuove Sirenette all'orizzonte, chissà che scelte stilistiche differenti faranno..

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 7/8/2019, 23:07
Messaggio #30

Gold Member

Sì è un'ottima notizia e un bellissimo modo per celebrare questo grande Classico.

Qui maggiori dettagli sul nuovo film tv che incorporerà il Classico e sarà un mix tra il Classico, la parte live-action e la parte con pupazzi e marionette. Tra l'altro anche Eric e Re Tritone avranno delle canzoni prese dal musical di Broadway.

Qui maggiori dettagli sul film tv dal sito Geektyrant:

New Details Regarding ABC's THE LITTLE MERMAID LIVE Which Will Incorporate The Animated Film
Event TV The Wonderful World of Disney: The Little Mermaid LiveThe Little MermaidHamish HamiltonABC An Hour Agoby Tommy Williams

We recently learned that ABC was reviving The Wonderful World of Disney Presents: The Little Mermaid Live and now we have some additional details thanks to director and executive producer Hamish Hamilton.

According to Hamilton, The Little Mermaid Live will feature a broadcast of the animated film, but when it comes time for a musical number, we’ll cut over to the theater with the live cast performing the songs.

“We’re celebrating this incredible animated feature, and we’re gonna do it on the Disney lot. We’re going to do it live to air in front of a live audience in a room that we’ve created.”
In addition, there will be key moments such as Ariel on the rock that are recreated with the new actors.

“So how we are actually getting between the feature and our world, so just imagine that that’s a live fish and a live sailor on our stage. We are going to recreate Ariel’s cave around her in the room and reveal it in a clever and wonderful way.

So there will be visual signatures all the way through that will reinforce the original feature. We may or may not have beautiful jellyfish hanging from the ceiling. We may or may not have beautiful schools of fish running through the scene [via] puppeteers.”

Also, there will be some additions made to the musical score and a couple of the Broadway songs will be used as well. I just hope that Scuttle’s song “Positoovity” is not included, but it probably will be.

“There are two or three songs from the Broadway musical. We are not creating any new songs or any new characters or any new environments. We are celebrating the animated feature, but we are also celebrating the great world of The Little Mermaid.”
The costumes for the live performers were not revealed, but it sounds like they will not be very extravagant.

“I would rather not give that away. What I would say is that we’re not going to take too much of a departure from the original. We’re not people aren’t going to be out there in space costumes. If you interpret that as you will.”
If you’re wanting to see the show live, chances are you’ll have to be living on the east coast as it sounds like the show will only be done live once.

“Hopefully, we are only going to do it once. We’ll do it once, and I think there are 10, maybe 11 live musical moments or numbers within. It’s still fluctuating a little bit, but I think it’s 10 or 11.”

Finally, Hamilton has also said that the live performers will not be overdubbing over the animated film when that is being shown.

“So the animated feature, when it is the animated feature section, will play in its entirety. We are not asking these guys to re-voice the original feature, no.

What I would say is the entire movie is being scored again so there’s a continuity of musical flow.”
What do you think of these plans for The Little Mermaid Live? The performance is set to air on November 5.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 11/8/2019, 11:29
Messaggio #31

Gold Member

Novità:

Il musical tv andrà in onda non solo sulla rete ABC ma anche su Disney +.

Da Variety:

ABC Chief: ‘Little Mermaid’ Live Musical Will Be Disney Plus Launchpad

ABC is timing its first-ever live-musical event, “The Little Mermaid,” to air just a week before the debut of Disney Plus in order to drum up attention for the hotly anticipated streaming platform.

“We wanted to launch it in November, in time to coincide with the launch of Disney Plus,” ABC network president Karey Burke told Variety. “It felt like a great promotional platform to speak to that. And I didn’t want to do a lot of musicals for the sake of doing one. What felt right was to do something that was a classic Disney title. To have the support of the Wonderful World of Disney behind this, just felt like all the stars have now aligned for us to try our first one with this particular piece.”

The live, televised “Little Mermaid,” which will combine parts of the original animated film with live performances from “Moana” star Auli’i Cravalho and others, has been scheduled to air on Nov. 5. Disney Plus becomes available to consumers on Nov. 12. According to the ABC chief, the idea of a “Little Mermaid” live-TV musical had been sitting on the back burner for a while.

ABC Sees Primetime Ad Gains in TV's Upfront Market
Freeform's Karey Burke on Being Part of the 'Gayest Network on Television'
“I got [to ABC] and had a strategy to more live events, and Rob Mills — who oversees live and unscripted — came to me and said, ‘Well there’s this,’ and I’d actually heard about it while I was at Freeform,” said Burke, who was previously head of original programming at the Disney-owned cable channel. The decision to revive the project came together around the 30th anniversary of the original animated Disney film, after which it was then fast-tracked.

The event will take place in a “dive-in theater” on the Disney lot. Early renderings of the stage show a long, winding set-piece that hundreds of viewers can approach, producer Hamish Hamilton showed Television Critics Assn. tour attendees on Monday. And there’s room for more such events, if “The Little Mermaid” plays to an enthusiastic audience.

“Should this be successful, which I’m pretty hopeful it will be, I think we’ll look to do it again with the right property,” said Burke.

It’s unsurprising that Disney would sync up its properties to boost awareness of its upcoming pay-TV subscription service that will challenge Netflix and other existing streamers on the market, and that Morgan Stanley analysts expect to attract 13 million subscribers by the end of 2020, and more than 130 million subscribers internationally by 2024. While Disney-controlled Hulu is currently the off-network home for previously aired episodes of ABC shows, there is room for adjusting where those secondary homes for series may be. As of now, such streaming-rights decisions are still in early talks.

“I expect shows that we have that are made decidedly more family friendly or are more in the Disney brand — Disney Plus then becomes a potential platform downstream,” said Burke. “Right now there’s no plans for the current arrangement with Hulu to change.”

Separately, when asked about the now-dropped charges against “The Bachelor” creator Mike Fleiss and whether there was value in continuing to work with a creator who has had a history of generating controversial headlines, Burke said that to best of her knowledge, there haven’t been any known incidents related to Fleiss on the set of any of “The Bachelor” or its sister shows.

“It’s my responsibility to make sure the show is safe and comfortable, a respectable work environment for all involved, and to the best of my knowledge, that has not been challenged,” she said.

Additionally, Burke expects the investigation into Afton Williamson’s claims of discrimination and assault on the set of “The Rookie” to wrap up in a few weeks.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 4/9/2019, 9:34
Messaggio #32

Gold Member

Da ETOnline:

AWARDS
Queen Latifah Opens Up About Playing Ursula in 'The Little Mermaid Live!'
By Scott Baumgartner‍ 9:09 PM PDT, August 26, 2019

Queen Latifah is sharing some details about the upcoming TV musical The Little Mermaid Live! -- and her villainous role!

The rapper and actress was on her way into the 2019 MTV Video Music Awards, where ET's Keltie Knight caught up with her to discuss playing the villainous Ursula in the TV event.

"It's just been something that we've been working on for a while. It was perfect timing that it came together," she shared. "I'm so excited to play Ursula. I can't wait to see what spin Hamish [Hamilton, the musical's director] helps me put on this character."

Shaggy and Auli'i Cravalho are also joining the Little Mermaid Live! cast as Sebastian and Ariel, respectively.

The 49-year-old performer also gave a shout-out to Melissa McCarthy, who is rumored to be playing the sea witch in the upcoming live-action, big-screen adaptation of The Little Mermaid.

"I'm excited for Melissa McCarthy as well," Latifah said. "So, I know there's a lot of confusion but I love her, God bless her and we can definitely do a duet."

Later, she addressed McCarthy directly: "You know, we got rhymes for you. I'll do the singing, you do the rhyming."

Latifah also shared her excitement that her pal, Missy Elliott, received the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at this year's ceremony.

"I'm so excited for her to be awarded tonight," the Hollywood veteran gushed. "She deserves it. She's one of the best writers, producers, entertainers that we have known in our generation, so I'm so excited that she's getting honored tonight."

In late June, ET learned that McCarthy is in talks to join the film's cast, which also includes Halle Bailey as Ariel. However, when speaking with the actress at the premiere for her new film, The Kitchen, she played coy about the casting news.

"Who's Ursula?" McCarthy said, feigning ignorance but with a knowing look. "But am I interested? I'm very interested," she quickly added, before overtly winking to the camera several times with a sly smile.

The Wonderful World of Disney presents The Little Mermaid Live! will air Nov. 5 at 8 p.m. ET on ABC.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 4/9/2019, 9:35
Messaggio #33

Gold Member

Da Hiplatina:

Moana Star Auli’i Cravalho Will Play the Little Mermaid in TV Special
News and Entertainment

Posted: August 12, 2019

The Little Mermaid has been going through some much needed diverse changes this year. The idea that Disney princesses have to be white is simply not acceptable anymore. With so much ridiculous uproar last month over the news that a young black woman would be playing Ariel in the new live-action remake of The Little Mermaid, we now have confirmation that our beloved mermaid will forever be freed of living in an Anglo-only world.

Last week, it was announced that the Wonderful World of Disney would televise The Little Mermaid Live! starring Auli’i Cravalho as Ariel. This version should not be confused with the live-action feature film of The Little Mermaid starring Halle Bailey. The TV version, which will air on Nov. 5 on ABC, also stars Queen Latifah as Ursula and Shaggy as Sebastian. Cravalho is no stranger to playing Disney characters. You may remember her as the starring voice of Moana.

Cravalho herself cannot be labeled. The 18-year-old, multiracial Hawaiin is the daughter of a Native Hawaiian mother and a Puerto Rican, Portuguese, Chinese, and Irish father. Haters are always going to hate but the truth is there’s really nothing they can argue. The truth is, folks need to understand that we are no longer accepting TV or film roles exclusively going to white actors. Not anymore.

´-_ゝ-`
@fruityfruit6
When Halle Bailey was announced to play Ariel: oh no!! Ariel is supposed to be a redhead from Denmark!! This is an affront to my white bread and mayonnaise life!!

When Auli’i Cravalho was announced to play Ariel: *crickets*

11:18 PM - Aug 5, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See ´-_ゝ-`'s other Tweets
We’re hoping that having both a Black actress and a multi-racial actress playing Ariel will finally shut the haters up. Ariel is not one type of fictional character because she is adored by a spectrum of fans, which include brown and black young women. We have the right to see ourselves in her as well. In fact, it is crucial that young brown and black girl see themselves reflected in film and television. Seeing Disney princesses that look like them can deeply impact their self-esteem and identity.

One person that is talking up a storm about this thrilling news — as she should be — is Cravalho. In an interview with Hollywood Life, she spoke about what it’s like to play two iconic Disney characters at just 18. “I was very happy with one Disney princess,” she told the online publication. “I didn’t think I could be greedy and get two, but they were kind enough to ask if I wanted to play Ariel and, of course, my response was yes, yes, yes.”

ً
@prssyandrews
nothing but respect for my ariels

View image on TwitterView image on Twitter
8:41 PM - Aug 5, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
118 people are talking about this
While she’s super excited to dig into the role, she admitted she’s mostly gearing up for what should be an unforgettable duet.

“I am really, really excited to hear ‘Poor Unfortunate Souls,'” Cravalho said. “I cannot imagine what Queen Latifah’s going to bring to that role. She is just oozing confidence. I can’t wait to see it.”

We can’t either! We’re excited to see more Disney film remakes with more WOC playing the lead characters!

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 4/9/2019, 9:36
Messaggio #34

Gold Member

Dal sito All Disney Dolls Tumblr:

Meeting Jodi Benson and Auli'i Cravalho

SO one of the big highlights of d23 was the little mermaid 30th anniversary panel. It opened with Jodi Benson singing part of your world with a handful of adorable little girls dressed as ariel. The panel was fantastic with discussions about the movie’s making and clips of recording sessions from alot of the cast and auli'i cravalho came out to say hi because shell be playing ariel in the live TV rendition. The finale saw us showered in bubbles with an epic ending performance. As people shuffled out of the arena i purposely held back. I had my mind set, i wanted to meet Jodi Benson. My plan was to ask someone up front if itd be possible if i could meet her (long shot i know but i was gonna try). I kinda chickened out and decided to leave following a small group of people, the only ones left in the area. To my surprise we were not exiting, we were being escorted backstage. I just kinda quietly followed meanwhile internally freaking out lol Once backstage auli'i walked by, she was on her way somewhere, and i gave her a big hug and told her how awesome she was and how much i loved Moana. Soon i began looking around and started recognizing people, Jodi’s son, Traci Hines (famous ariel cosplayer) and i even ended up chatting with someone who follows me! And then out came Jodi looking absolutely gorgeous, she greeted the small group, all of which were either friends, family or people who had met her multiple times. (me im internally still freaking out lol) i just sit back and watch her interact with people for a minute and the she comes up to me and greats me. I tell her how much Ariel means to me, even more now since my voice surgery. She gave me a big hug and we took a photo. I cant stress enough how genuine and sweet she was. After that everyone else took their pictures, i talked with Traci a bit and got a picture with her. I was just on cloud nine the whole time haha it was an experience ill never forget.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 25/9/2019, 22:27
Messaggio #35

Gold Member

Novità:

Scelti Eric e Louis: John Stamos sarà Louis, mentre Graham Phillips interpreterà Eric.

Da Deadline:

John Stamos & Graham Phillips Join ‘The Little Mermaid Live!’ On ABC
By Denise Petski

September 25, 2019 9:00am

John Stamos will be reprising his Chef Louis role from the Hollywood Bowl production of The Little Mermaid in ABC’s upcoming The Little Mermaid Live! Joining Stamos and the previously announced cast including Auli’i Cravalho (Ariel), Queen Latifah (Ursula) and Shaggy (Sebastian) is The Good Wife alum Graham Phillips, who will return to his live theater roots in the role of Prince Eric. The Little Mermaid Live! airs Tuesday, November 5 at 8 PM on ABC.

Billed as a tribute to the original animated classic and its music, The Wonderful World of Disney Presents The Little Mermaid Live! will feature live musical performances by its star-studded cast interwoven into the broadcast of the original feature film. The hybrid format will combine intricate sets and costumes created for the special with music from the original animated film and the Tony Award-winning Broadway stage version, composed by eight-time Oscar-winner Alan Menken. Howard Ashman’s film lyrics will also be showcased, with Glenn Slater, lyricist for the Broadway adaptation, as a contributor. Also joining the creative team are choreographers Nick and RJ Durrell, who recently completed work on P!nk’s The Beautiful Trauma World Tour.

Both two-time Emmy nominee Stamos and Phillips will draw from their extensive stage experience, Stamos having made his Broadway debut in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, before joining the casts of Tony-nominated The Best Man, and Tony Award-winning musicals Nine and Cabaret, among others. Phillips originated the role of Evan in Broadway’s 13.

The Wonderful World of Disney presents The Little Mermaid Live! is produced by Done+Dusted. Executive producers include Done+Dusted’s Hamish Hamilton, who will also direct, Katy Mullan, David Jammy, Raj Kapoor and Ian Stewart. Also executive producing is Richard Kraft, producer and director of the acclaimed Hollywood Bowl productions of The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

Stamos is repped by Brillstein Entertainment Partners and ICM. Phillips is repped by Gersh, Industry Entertainment and Felker Toczek Suddleson Abramson.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Da Musical:

A Novembre “The Little Mermaid Live” in tv!

NEWS
Scritto da: Redazione • 30 Settembre 2019

Il 5 novembe prossimo la ABC trasmetterà negli States uno speciale “The Little Mermaid Live!“. Nel cast John Stamos, nel ruolo di Chef Louis, che ha anche interpretato nella produzione di Hollywood Bowl 2016, Graham Phillips nel ruolo del Principe Eric, Auli’i Cravalho come Ariel (foto sotto al centro), Shaggy come Sebastian (foto sotto a destra) e Queen Latifah come Ursula (foto sotto a sinistra). La produzione televisiva intende celebrare il 30 ° anniversario del classico cartoon Disney attraverso un formato ibrido in cui lo spettacolo dal vivo sarà accostato al film originale. Set e costumi saranno di Zaldy, con coreografie di Nick Florez e R.J. Durrell. La Sirenetta contiene canzoni di Howard Ashman, Alan Menken e Glenn Slater. The Little Mermaid Live! è un progetto estraneo al remake del film annunciato, con Halle Bailey nel ruolo di Ariel.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Hiroe
messaggio 3/10/2019, 16:37
Messaggio #36

Gold Member

Da: Pisa

Ecco questo Eric sarebbe buono anche per il remake live Acton... Come secondo me la Caravalho sarebbe meglio della Bailey.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Fulvio84
messaggio 3/10/2019, 18:02
Messaggio #37

Gold Member

Da: Caserta

CITAZIONE (Hiroe @ 3/10/2019, 17:37) *
Ecco questo Eric sarebbe buono anche per il remake live Acton... Come secondo me la Caravalho sarebbe meglio della Bailey.

Si, questo è un bellissimo cast... lei è esotica e addobbata da ariel risulterà sicuramente bellissima... queen latifah una strega del mare azzeccatissima

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 7/10/2019, 12:25
Messaggio #38

Gold Member

Ecco il teaser trailer...Quasi perfetto! Solo Sebastian e Louis mi lasciano perplesso a giudicare solo questo video.

link

Messaggio modificato da Daydreamer il 7/10/2019, 12:32

+Quote Post
Fulvio84
messaggio 7/10/2019, 14:57
Messaggio #39

Gold Member

Come volevasi dimostrare Ariele ' splendida, si non e' proprio caucasica come nel classico ma ha soltanto un sentore esotico che nn stravolge il personaggio ma ne crea un'interpretazione interessante.
Queen Latifah grandissima strega del mare

User's Signature

+Quote Post
I seguenti utenti hanno apprezzato questo post:
veu
messaggio 8/10/2019, 16:32
Messaggio #40

Gold Member

Sono davvero bellissimi Ariel e Eric: Auli'i Cravalho e Graham Philips sono perfetti.
Queen Latifah è un'ottima Ursula.

Il film tv-musical oltre che sulla rete ABC arriverà anche su Disney +, quindi c'è possibilità che arrivi anche in Italia.

Da MondoFox:

The Little Mermaid Live arriverà anche su Disney Plus: il trailer con Auliʻi Cravalho
di Giacinta Carnevale - 08/10/2019 12:29 | aggiornato 08/10/2019 12:36

A novembre arriverà su ABC e su Disney Plus una nuova versione musicale basata sulla famosa favola scritta da Hans Christian Andersen. Nel cast anche Queen Latifah e Shaggy.

In attesa di scoprire nuovi aggiornamenti sull'atteso live-action de La Sirenetta con Halle Bailey, ABC ha diffuso il primo trailer di uno speciale musicale intitolato The Little Mermaid Live che sarà trasmesso in diretta sul noto canale del network americano il 5 novembre.

Nel cast stellare di questo musical ispirato al classico d'animazione Disney troviamo Auli’i Cravalho, voce originale di Vaiana in Oceania, nel ruolo della principessa Ariel, Queen Latifah, nei panni della malvagia strega del mare Ursula, e Graham Phillips, nel ruolo del principe Eric. Presenti poi il rapper giamaicano Shaggy, che interpreterà Sebastian, e John Stamos, nel ruolo dello Chef Louis.

The Little Mermaid Live sarà diretto da Hamish Hamilton e debutterà anche su Disney+, il nuovo servizio di streaming firmato The Walt Disney Company, il prossimo 12 novembre negli Stati Uniti. La presidente del network ABC Karey Burke ha confermato l'arrivo dell'evento speciale sulla nuova piattaforma:

Volevamo lanciarlo a novembre, in tempo per il lancio di Disney Plus. Sembrava un'ottima piattaforma promozionale per parlare di questo progetto. E non volevo fare molti musical per il gusto di farlo. Ciò che sembrava giusto, era fare qualcosa che fosse un classico titolo Disney.

Il progetto è stato presentato da ABC come un formato ibrido mai visto prima che accompagnerà gli spettatori in un'incredibile avventura magica sotto il mare, mentre le performance musicali dal vivo del cast si intrecceranno con alcune clip del film originale del 1989.

Il musical presenterà set e costumi straordinari realizzati dal noto designer Zaldy, e includerà inoltre alcuni dei brani più iconici del classico d'animazione e dell'adattamento teatrale di Broadway, due volte candidato al prestigioso Tony Award, originariamente composti dal premio Oscar Alan Menken.

The Little Mermaid è stato prodotto da Done + Dusted e tra i produttori esecutivi figurano lo stesso regista Hamilton insieme a Katy Mullan, David Jammy, Raj Kapoor e Ian Stewart. Il musical, che arriva nell'anno del 30esimo anniversario del film originale Disney, andrà in onda martedì 5 novembre su ABC.

Cosa ne pensate della nuova versione musicale de La Sirenetta?

User's Signature

+Quote Post
I seguenti utenti hanno apprezzato questo post:
veu
messaggio 8/10/2019, 16:40
Messaggio #41

Gold Member

Da HarperBazaar:

The Little Mermaid Live! Features a Moana Star, Shaggy, and Evil Chef John Stamos
Auli’i Cravalho is the perfect Ariel, and Prince Eric is making us swoon.

BY AMY MACKELDEN
OCT 8 2019, 9:26 AM EDT

The teaser trailer for ABC's The Little Mermaid Live! has finally arrived, and the cast is absolute perfection.

Though several characters aren't featured in the trailer, including Ariel's sidekick, Flounder, and her overbearing father, King Triton, we are given a glimpse at Ariel, played by the inimitable Auli'i Cravalho, best known for voicing the leading role in Moana, and the legendary Queen Latifah as iconic villain Ursula.

Not to be confused with Disney's live-action movie remake, ABC's special is set to hit our television screens on November 5. Here's everything we know so far about the cast of The Little Mermaid Live!.

Auli'i Cravalho as Ariel

Having already voiced a Disney "princess," Cravalho is perfectly cast as protagonist Ariel. Born and raised in Hawaii, Cravalho was just 14 years old when she got her big break voicing Moana of Motunui in Disney's 2016 animated film. The singer and actress revealed to People in 2015 that she almost didn't audition for the role but was spotted by a certain Oahu casting agent who convinced her otherwise.

"From baby time to now, I wanted to be a Disney princess and then I wanted to be a singer or an actress," she said. With her role in ABC's The Little Mermaid Live! Cravalho fulfills her dream a second time over.

Queen Latifah as Ursula

Screen icon Queen Latifah needs no introduction. As a singer, rapper, actress, and producer, Latifah is incredibly accomplished in the music, film, and TV industries. Latifah is already halfway to an EGOT, having checked off Grammy and Emmy wins. And if our first look at the Queen as antagonist Ursula is anything to go by, she's going to be gloriously terrifying in this role.

Shaggy as Sebastian

Grammy-winning '90s icon Shaggy, is set to portray Sebastian the crab in ABC's live version of the Disney musical. Judging by his physical transformation in the trailer, the Jamaican-born rapper has the look down in a red leather jacket, matching T-shirt, and red shades for the role. However, we're secretly hoping he slips into a full-size crab costume come showtime.

John Stamos as Chef Louis

John Stamos is well-known for being an accomplished actor and performer, but he's also a great singer. During an appearance on The Late Late Show with James Corden in 2016, Stamos coincidentally performed the hit song "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid, proving he's more than ready to embark upon a role in the musical.

Stamos, who is set to play evil Chef Louis in the ABC show, can be seen in the trailer showing off an incredible mustache.

Graham Phillips as Prince Eric

Best known for his TV roles in The Good Wife, Dynasty, and Riverdale, Graham Phillips is also a seasoned Broadway performer. With his charismatic smile and his impressive vocal range, we are more than ready to see Phillips transform into a Disney heartthrob.

The Little Mermaid Live! airs on ABC on November 5.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
theprinceisonfir...
messaggio 8/10/2019, 22:20
Messaggio #42

Millennium Member

Il cast è di gran lunga migliore di quello (presunto) del live action, anche solo per lo star power di Queen Latifah, sicuramente più celebre e soprattutto consacrata nei musical (Chicago) rispetto alla McCarthy.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 8/10/2019, 22:48
Messaggio #43

Gold Member

Il cast di questo musical funziona e molto bene
Per il live action, noi diremmo di aspettare ancora perchè ufficialmente ci sono la Bailey e Awkawfina, oltre al ragazzo che fa Flounder... la McCarthy per quanto potrebbe funzionare come Ursula non è stata ancora ufficialmente annunciata

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Fulvio84
messaggio 9/10/2019, 8:11
Messaggio #44

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (theprinceisonfire @ 8/10/2019, 23:20) *
Il cast è di gran lunga migliore di quello (presunto) del live action, anche solo per lo star power di Queen Latifah, sicuramente più celebre e soprattutto consacrata nei musical (Chicago) rispetto alla McCarthy.

Queen Latifah al adoro come Ursula dai tempi della campagna puybblicitaria di Disneyland

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 10/10/2019, 17:18
Messaggio #45

Gold Member

Da Deadline:

‘The Little Mermaid Live!’: Amber Riley To Emcee ABC Musical
By Erik Pedersen

October 10, 2019 9:00am

ABC
Glee alum Amber Riley has been cast as the emcee in The Little Mermaid Live!, the hybrid musical event that airs on ABC next month.

She joins the previously announced cast including Auli’i Cravalho as Ariel, Queen Latifah (Ursula) and Shaggy (Sebastian), Graham Phillips (Prince Eric) and John Stamos (Chef Louis).

Billed as a tribute to the original animated classic and its music, The Wonderful World of Disney Presents The Little Mermaid Live! will feature live musical performances interwoven into the broadcast of the original feature film. The hybrid format will combine sets and costumes created for the special with music from the original animated film and the Tony-winning Broadway stage version, composed by eight-time Oscar-winner Alan Menken. Howard Ashman’s film lyrics will also be showcased, with Glenn Slater, lyricist for the Broadway adaptation, as a contributor.

Riley played Mercedes Jones for the entire run of Fox’s musical drama Glee and most recently appeared in the Tyler Perry feature Nobody’s Fool, opposite Tiffany Haddish and Tika Sumpter. She won the Laurence Olivier Award for Best Actress in a Musical for her performance as Effie White in the 2016 West End revival of Dreamgirls. Riley also won Season 17 of Dancing with the Stars in 2013. She next appears in the UPtv original movie My One Christmas Wish.

The show is produced by Done+Dusted. Executive producers include Done+Dusted’s Hamish Hamilton — who also will direct — Katy Mullan, David Jammy, Raj Kapoor and Ian Stewart. Also executive producing is Richard Kraft, producer and director of the Hollywood Bowl productions of The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast.

The Wonderful World of Disney Presents The Little Mermaid Live! airs from 8-10 p.m. Tuesday, November 5, on ABC. The show airs live in the East and delayed at 8 p.m. in the West.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 10/10/2019, 17:20
Messaggio #46

Gold Member

Da TvLine:

ABC's Little Mermaid Live! Adds Glee Alum Amber Riley as Emcee
By Dave Nemetz / October 10 2019, 9:00 AM PDT

Amber Riley is going under the sea to join ABC’s The Little Mermaid Live!… and fingers fins crossed she’ll be singing, too.

The Glee veteran has signed on to serve as emcee of the Alphabet network’s upcoming live presentation of the animated Disney classic, TVLine has learned. Riley “will present the Daughters of Triton with a special performance for King Triton and his subjects,” according to the network.

Celebrating the 30th anniversary of the original animated film, The Little Mermaid Live! will combine footage from the film with live musical performances from an all-star cast. Auli’i Cravalho (Moana, Rise) will star as Ariel, with Queen Latifah as Ursula, musician Shaggy as Sebastian, Riverdale‘s Graham Phillips as Prince Eric and John Stamos as Chef Louis.

Riley is best known for playing high school vocalist Mercedes Jones on the Fox hit Glee, remaining with the show until its 2015 series finale. She also won the mirrorball trophy in Season 17 of Dancing With the Stars, along with her pro partner Derek Hough. Her other TV credits include The Wiz Live! and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

The Little Mermaid Live! airs Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 8/7c on ABC — hit the comments below and tell us: Will you be watching?

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 15/10/2019, 9:43
Messaggio #47

Gold Member

Da Badtaste:

La Sirenetta: Amber Riley nel cast del musical che verrà trasmesso live da ABC

Beatrice Pagan
10 ottobre 2019 19:06 · aggiornato il 10 ottobre 2019 alle 19:06

La Sirenetta ritornerà sugli schermi con una versione musical trasmessa dal vivo da ABC nella serata del 5 novembre e nel cast ci sarà anche l’attrice Amber Riley, che ha già dimostrato le sue doti vocali in Glee.
La star del piccolo schermo avrà la parte di Emcee e sarà protagonista di una speciale performance in cui si presenteranno le figlie di Tritone al cospetto del sovrano.
The Wonderful World of Disney presents The Little Mermaid Live! avrà nel suo cast anche Auli’i Cravalho, Queen Latifah, John Stamos, Graham Phillips e Shaggy. L’evento celebrerà il trentesimo anniversario dell’uscita del classico d’animazione nelle sale e sarà un mix di scene del film e momenti musicali, con brani composti da Alan Menken e Howard Ashman tratti dal lungometraggio e dal musical di Brodway, ripresi dal vivo con scenografie e costumi disegnati da Zaldy.
Le coreografie saranno firmate da RJ Durrell e la produzione è stata affidata a Done+Dusted, mentre alla regia ci sarà Hamish Hamilton.
Il musical andrà in onda sugli schermi americani di ABC martedì 5 novembre.
Sullo schermo si assisterà ancora una volta alla storia della principessa Ariel che, durante una tempesta, salva l’affascinante Eric e decide di rivolgersi alla malvagia strega Ursula per ottenere magicamente le gambe e poter muoversi fuori dall’acqua, nel tentativo di incontrare nuovamente il giovane e conquistarne il cuore, nonostante suo padre, Re Tritone, sia contrario al suo piano.
Che ne pensate dell’arrivo di John Stamos nel cast del musical dedicato a La Sirenetta? Lasciate un commento!

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 15/10/2019, 9:48
Messaggio #48

Gold Member

Novità:

* Qui il promo del dietro le quinte del musical dove si può vedere Auli'i Cravalho con la coda da sirena, alcuni pupazzi che rappresnetano i personaggi del mare, una scena con le sorelle di Ariel e Eric che canta.

Da EW:

See Auli'i Cravalho flip her fins in new Little Mermaid Live promo
By Maureen Lee Lenker October 14, 2019 at 08:17 PM EDT

Flipping your fins, you don’t get too far…unless of course you’re playing Ariel in ABC’s The Little Mermaid Live!
A new promo showcases Disney star Auli’i Cravalho in character as Ariel while rehearsing for the live extravaganza that is going to feature footage from the animated film, blended with live musical numbers. Cravalho twirls through the air wearing a tail in a clip showcasing just a hint of some of the Disney magic in store.
“You’ll see the characters pop out and come to life,” explains John Stamos, who will be portraying the crab-loving Chef Louis. “It’s like putting a cherry on top of what you love already.”
As Cravalho says, “The Little Mermaid Live! is truly a unique experience.” The new promo, which dropped Monday night, features Cravalho becoming part of our world and showcases plenty of footage of the all-star cast in the recording studio, rehearsing complicated choreography, and blocking on the soundstage.
While a previous promo introduced us to many of the cast in character for the first time, this is the first footage that’s given us a hint of what we can expect from the live broadcast. It’s a new twist on the live musical and more akin to Disney’s live orchestral productions at the Hollywood Bowl where the original animated film plays, but live-action breakouts allow the musical numbers to come to life in front of the audience’s eyes.
Watch the clip above for more and prepare to go under the sea when The Little Mermaid Live! airs Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 8 p.m.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Da TvGuide:

New The Little Mermaid Live! Promo Confirms Prince Eric Will Sing

Another behind-the-scenes look at The Little Mermaid Live! is here and it confirms what many fans have been wondering since the casting of Graham Phillips was announced — Prince Eric will sing in the hybrid take on the Disney classic. Little Mermaid Live is different than the other live musical events that have come before it because ABC will play the original Little Mermaid animated film from 1989, but when it comes time for a musical number will cut to the live cast performing the number on a soundstage.
Of course, Disney aficionados will recall that Prince Eric doesn't have any songs within the animated feature, but the new featurette shows Phillips singing and doing group choreography, so he's at least in a group number if not getting a song of his own. If it's the latter option, the question remains whether it's an original musical number written for this performance or if the producers are stealing one of Eric's songs from the Broadway musical. By the looks of the featurette, it's early on the film when Ariel first sees Eric on his ship with the crew.
As the cast says, this type of performance hasn't been done on television before. It looks like Disney is going all out to give everyone a memorable experience for ABC's first musical event.
Get your fins on because we go under the sea on Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 8/7c on ABC.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Da TvLine:

Little Mermaid Live!: Behind-the-Scenes Video Reveals What Disney's Musical Event Will Actually Look Like

The Little Mermaid Live! is setting out to prove that it really is better down where it’s wetter. Take it from… the cast.
During Monday’s Dancing With the Stars — the competition’s annual Disney Night, naturally — ABC offered a behind-the-scenes look at The Little Mermaid Live!, revealing how different elements like puppets and aerialists will be incorporated into the live broadcast.
Per ABC’s description, The Little Mermaid Live! is a “never-before-seen hybrid format that will take viewers on a magical adventure under the sea as live musical performances by a star-studded cast are interwoven into the broadcast of the original feature film. The live musical event will feature beautifully intricate sets and costumes by three-time Emmy Award-winning designer Zaldy, with music from the original animated film and the Tony Award-nominated Broadway stage version, originally composed by eight-time Oscar-winning composer Alan Menken.”

Airing on Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 8/7c, the main event stars Auliʻi Cravalho (Rise) as Ariel, Queen Latifah (Star) as Ursula, recording artist Shaggy as Sebastian, John Stamos (Fuller House) as Chef Louis and Graham Phillips (The Good Wife) as Prince Eric. Additionally, Amber Riley (Glee) will serve as the night’s emcee. You can click here for a closer look at the cast.
Hit PLAY on the video above for a behind-the-scenes look at The Little Mermaid Live!, then drop a comment with your thoughts below. Will you be tuning in?

Qui il promo:

Click

User's Signature

+Quote Post

4 Pagine V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (1 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 28/3/2024, 11:08