Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

109 Pagine V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> La Sirenetta (Live Action), Walt Disney Pictures
veu
messaggio 18/7/2019, 21:54
Messaggio #385

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore

User's Signature

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 19/7/2019, 19:35
Messaggio #386

Gold Member

Da Gossip e Tv:

La Sirenetta diventa nera, Maurizio Costanzo dice la sua

Ariel, la famosa Sirenetta, sarà nera. La polemica è esplosa, Maurizio Costanzo dice la sua
Quando la Disney ha annunciato che per il film Ariel la Sirenetta sarebbe stata interpretata da Halle Bailey, il mondo si è diviso in due. La motivazione? L’attrice che è stata scelta per interpretare la celebre principessa ha la pelle scura e non chiara come quella di Ariel. Tra coloro che si sono espressi, ci sono state persone che hanno gridato allo scandalo perché la Sirenetta sarebbe dovuta essere bianca mentre ce ne sono state altre che non ci hanno visto nulla di strano. Anzi, in molti hanno abbracciato con piacere questo cambiamento sconvolgente. Ad esprimere il loro parere sono stati davvero in tantissimi e tra di loro sono apparsi anche dei volti famosi. Di recente, anche Maurizio Costanzo ha espresso il suo parere sul magazine Nuovo TV nella rubrica dove risponde ai suoi lettori.

“Sono passati quasi 30 anni, le cose sono cambiate”: le parole di Costanzo
Su Nuovo TV una lettrice ha confessato a Maurizio Costanzo di non capire come mai tante persone si siano scandalizzate dopo aver scoperto che la Sirenetta nel live-action avrà la pelle scura. La risposta del marito di Maria De Filippi è stata a dir poco magnifica. Il giornalista ha mostrato, ancora una volta, di possedere una grande apertura mentale con queste parole: “Io non vedo nessuno scandalo. Il film animazione della Disney, La Sirenetta, è del 1989 quindi credo sia normale che Ariel venisse rappresentata come una ragazza bianca. Ma sono passati quasi trent’anni, ora le cose – fortunatamente – ora le cose sono molto diverse”.

Per Costanzo però coloro che hanno innalzato la polemica non sono tutti razzisti
Secondo Maurizio le persone che hanno dato vita a questo scandalo non sono tutte razziste. Il giornalista è convinto che in molti siano legati alle tradizioni e che non amino vederle stravolte. Nulla di più vero. Sui social infatti sono stati tanti a precisare di non avere nulla contro la pelle scura e di preferire semplicemente di vedere la loro Sirenetta come quella di sempre. Intanto in questi giorni si vocifera che il cantante Harry Styles sia in trattative per ottenere il ruolo del Principe Eric mentre Javer Bardem potrebbe indossare i panni del Re Tritone, padre di Ariel.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 19/7/2019, 19:38
Messaggio #387

Gold Member

Rumor:

* In lizza per il ruolo del Principe Eric c'è anche l'attore Asher Angel famoso per essere il protagonista del film della DC Comics Shazam.

Da TheDisInsider:

‘Shazam’ Star Asher Angel Auditioned For Prince Eric In ‘The Little Mermaid’

Earlier this week the internet went buzzing over reports that former One Direction member Harry Style was in early talks to play Prince Eric in Disney’s live-action adaptation of The Little Mermaid. Now thanks to a recent interview with Entertainment Tonight, they learned Shazam star Asher Angel also auditioned for the role.

What makes this news most intriguing is that according to Variety’s Justin Kroll, Harry Styles is may still be on the fence, and according to ET, Asher Angel is now one of the finalists for the role. In the interview, Angel expressed his excitement for the project and its stars such as the new Ariel Halle Bailey.

Justin Kroll

@krolljvar
Getting word now this is VERY early and Styles still may be on the fence. Stay Tuned. https://variety.com/2019/film/news/harry-st...ney-1203269289/

Harry Styles in Talks to Play Prince Eric in Disney’s ‘Little Mermaid’
Harry Styles is going under the sea.

variety.com
9:58 PM - Jul 16, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
944 people are talking about this

You can check out the full interview below:

www.etonline.com/media/videos/tim-miller-says-terminator-dark-fate-is-linda-hamiltons-story-comic-con-2019-exclusive

Disney’s upcoming remake is putting together quite the cast. Yesterday we reported exclusively that Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales star Javier Bardem is in talks to play Ariel’s father King Triton. Also in talks are Melissa McCarthy, Jacob Tremblay, and Awkwafina who are circling Ursula, Ariel’s best friend Flounder, and Scuttle.

As of right now, there is no release date for the film. However, production is expected to begin next January. We expect to hear more news on this project at Disney’s bi-annual D23 Expo this August.

Released in 1989, Disney’s animated classic centered on a young mermaid named Ariel, who is captivated by the world upon the surface. When she falls in love with a human prince, she makes a deal with a villainous sea witch to become human, herself, and earn his love before the agreed time runs out.

The movie grossed over $100 million at the US box office upon its initial release and won two Academy Awards for Best Song (“Under the Sea”) and Best Original Music Score for Alan Menken. It is credited as the film to have started the historic Disney Renaissance.

Source: ET

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 19/7/2019, 19:39
Messaggio #388

Gold Member

Da ETOnline:

Asher Angel Says He Auditioned for Role of Prince Eric In 'The Little Mermaid' Live-Action Film (Exclusive)
By Liz Calvario‍ ‍ 3:54 PM PDT, July 18, 2019

Is Asher Angel in the running to play Prince Eric in The Little Mermaid?

The 16-year-old actor revealed to ET's Keltie Knight during San Diego Comic-Con -- where he was promoting Shazam!'s home entertainment release -- on Thursday that he tried out for the lead male role in the upcoming live-action Disney film.

"I've auditioned. I went in for it," he admitted, adding that he didn't know if he's in the race to land the role. Earlier this week, ET learned that Harry Styles was also in very early talks to play Ariel's love interest.

Angel did, however, express that it would mean "so much to me" to nab the highly coveted Prince Eric part.

"It means so much to me. I started off doing musical theater," he explained. "One of my first ever shows, I was Flounder. It was really cute. There's video everywhere, if you guys want to look it up."

"I would love to do the live action, of course. There's so many amazing people in it that I would love to work with," he added.

While he wouldn't go on to share any more details about his audition, he did comment on Halle Bailey's casting as Ariel.

"She's gonna be amazing," Angel gushed. "She's gonna kill it. Hopefully we get to work together."

Angel, who gained famed from his role in the Disney Channel show Andi Mack, also stated that it would be great to "work with my Disney friends again."

On Wednesday, multiple outlets reported that Javier Bardem was in negotiations to join the adaptation as Ariel's father, King Triton.

ET previously also learned that Melissa McCarthy was in early talks to play Ursula in the film, and The Hollywood Reporter also reported that Jacob Tremblay and Awkwafina are in talks for the roles of Flounder and Scuttle, respectively. Flounder is Ariel's best friend, a fish, while Scuttle is a seagull who is also a friend of Ariel's.

For more on The Little Mermaid casting, watch below.

Shazam! is available on Digtal, 4K, Blu-Ray and DVD now.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 20/7/2019, 20:17
Messaggio #389

Gold Member

Da Zon.it:

“La sirenetta non ha colore”: parola di Loretta Grace
Di Riccardo Manfredelli - 19 Luglio 2019 - 20:11

Ospite della prima giornata del Giffoni Film Festival 2019, la youtuber Loretta Grace difende la scelta della Disney di affidare il ruolo della Sirenetta a una performer di colore

Sta facendo molto discutere la scelta di affidare il ruolo di Ariel, protagonista del prossimo live-action Disney “La Sirenetta”, alla performer di colore Halle Baley. Sul dibattito è intervenuta anche la youtuber Loretta Grace, oggi ospite del Giffoni Film Festival 2019 come testimonial del progetto di Google sulla cittadinanza digitale consapevole, “Vivi Internet al meglio”.

“Per me La Sirenetta non ha colore“, ha detto Grace “Spesso sono gli adulti a vedere delle etichette. I bambini non le vedono”.

Nella vita di Grace, anche performer di musical e figlia di un’Italia multietnica, le sette note hanno avuto un’importanza capitale, anche quando è accaduto che fosse vittima di bullismo:

PER ME LA MUSICA E’ SEMPRE STATA UN MONDO PARALLELO IN CUI RIFUGIARMI. SONO FIGLIA D’ARTE E QUINDI CRESCIUTA CONTINUAMENTE CON DEI SOTTOFONDI MUSICALI

Riguardo al suo rapporto con i follower (che la conoscono soprattutto come Grace on Your Dash) e sulla responsabilità che ella si assume nei loro confronti, Grace adotta una politica intransigente:

SE DUE PERSONE LITIGANO SOTTO UN MIO POST, NON MI IMPORTA CHI HA INIZIATO: SIETE FUORI TUTTI E DUE

Il servizio video

Click

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 20/7/2019, 20:19
Messaggio #390

Gold Member

Da CharlotteObserver:

OPINION
‘Little Mermaid’ goes from under the sea to over the top
BY CELIA RIVENBARK
JULY 19, 2019 11:57 AM, UPDATED JULY 19, 2019 12:53 PM

I don’t blame black folk for thinking we’ve lost our minds. The recent noisy — and racist — outrage over the casting of a young African American actress as Ariel in the new live-action version of Disney’s “The Little Mermaid” movie is proof positive.

At times like this, all we can say is Jesus, take the wheel. And let’s make sure he’s the white Jesus we remember from the portraits hung in every children’s Sunday School room I recall while growing up white in the South. I remember his flowing light brown locks and rosy cheeks looking down on us as we colored pictures of a fair-haired David launching his slingshot at the deeply tanned Goliath. Yeah. That stuff starts early.

“I don’t mean to be rude, but Ariel is white,” wrote one anonymous whiner, taking Disney to task in an online forum.

“Now I’m super upset!” was another’s brief comment.

“I was really looking forward to this movie and now I’m bummed.”

You get the gist of it. Super upset and bummed white America can’t even right now.

Fortunately, there were a few jewels amid the goat poo, including this: “I’m so p***** they didn’t cast someone who has a natural mermaid tail.”

Right? If you’re going to lose your mind and scatter bigoted bon mots all over the Twitterverse, let’s imagine how the mermaids must feel. Except they’re mythical. So, to put this in perspective: A mythical creature (there’s no such thing as mermaids in real life; I know, I’m soooo bummed) will be played by someone with black hair instead of red hair like the CARTOON version.

Let’s focus on that word for a sec. Cartoon. Dumb white people ( I can say that because I have often been one) surely understand this is all make-believe, right?

This just in: You almost never see a tuxedo clad mouse leading an orchestra in real life. Ditto a desert creature who has clearly overdosed on Adderall and (meep meep) spends his days trying to outrun a ravenous rabbit that thinks it’s a coyote.

My daughter was besotted with Ariel when she was little, which was fine with Duh Hubby and me although, over a glass of wine enjoyed while she watched the movie for the eleventybillionth time, we’d joke the movie’s premise was a bit shaky: A very young woman runs away from home and throws herself at a handsome prince, swapping her beautiful singing voice for the ability to walk with legs so the prince wouldn’t think she was weird and maybe they could bike together and stuff.

Yeah, there’s a lot to unpack there. Ariel wasn’t what you’d call a strong role model for young women, but it’s fantasy. I have almost never encountered an overprotective crab/manny with a faux British accent. The “B-b-b-b-ut Ariel’s white” foolishness is racist, plain and simple. Hard to argue “purity” of storyline when your “heroine” is a man-crazy runaway teen with wretched judgment. Ariel’s skin color should be the least of y’alls’ worries.

Celia Rivenbark is a NYT-bestselling author and columnist. Visit www.celiarivenbark.com.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 20/7/2019, 20:20
Messaggio #391

Gold Member

Da Variety:

Harry Styles Is the Perfect Prince Eric; Why He’d Rock ‘Little Mermaid’ Role

Could Harry Styles be the perfect Prince Eric? One day after the announcement that the One Direction star is “in early negotiations to play the iconic ‘Little Mermaid’ role,” the internet exploded with speculation as to how he would portray the object of Ariel’s affections.

“I can see lots of reasons why Harry is perfect,” says actress Maureen Van Zandt (“The Sopranos,” “Lilyhammer”). “Eric is royalty and loves to sail and handle working class duties on the boat. Harry is pop royalty, but he’s really a boy from a working class background, and I’m sure, like The Beatles, he’d never let go of that. And, let’s face it, he’s gorgeous – as a fairy tale prince should be.”

Here are a few more reasons why Styles would rock the role:

He can really act: When Styles auditioned for the role of Alex in Christopher Nolan’s drama, “Dunkirk,” the director didn’t know much about his background. But Styles “truly earned a seat at the table” in his big screen debut about the evacuation of Allied soldiers in Dunkirk, France, in 1940. “He fit the part wonderfully,” Nolan said.

He wears his vulnerability on his sleeve: Even though he is 6-feet tall, Styles has a sweet shyness about him, with a puppy dog quality that just begs for a quick seaside rescue from the film’s little mermaid, Halle Bailey. That shy side will certainly come through during the film’s “Kiss the Girl” scene, when Prince Eric takes the voiceless Ariel out for a moonlit ride in a boat on the water. Bonus: Styles already has the pretend-drowning thing down, due to his previous experience in Nolan’s war drama.

Vocal chops? Check: Here is where Styles has the edge over his competition. While Prince Eric does not have any songs in the animated film version, there are two songs from the Broadway play tailor made for Styles’ soft, dreamlike vocals. One particular scene, in which Prince Eric guides Ariel through a romantic ballroom dance to the song “One Step Closer,” will have fans swooning. Doubters should also listen to the romantic ballad, “Her Voice,” another place where Styles’ leading man good-looks and charm is sure to enchant. Plus, with Lin Manuel Miranda (“Hamilton”) producing the soundtrack, who’s to say there won’t be a new dreamy pop ballad for Styles to knock right out of the park.

It’s in the eyes – and ink: While some “Mermaid” fans may nitpick Styles’ lack of blue eyes, his green eyes are mesmerizing enough to attract Ariel’s attention and hypnotize Ursula, the evil Sea Witch. Plus: Styles has a tattoo of a mermaid on his arm.

He looks – and acts – the part: Beyond Styles’ chiseled cheekbones and boyish good looks, which embody the physical, what-makes-him-beautiful screen presence of the young royal, consummate gentleman, Styles is about as close as you get to a real-life prince charming these days.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 20/7/2019, 20:21
Messaggio #392

Gold Member

Da HollywoodLife:

JULY 19, 2019 8:22PM EDT
Harry Styles Screen-Tested With ‘Little Mermaid’ Star Halle Bailey & They Instantly ‘Clicked’

‘It’s a go’ for Harry Styles to play Prince Eric in ‘The Little Mermaid’ if all falls into place. The former 1D singer ‘wants’ the role and the feeling is mutual on the production’s side, according to HollywoodLife’s source!

Will Harry Styles, 25, “Kiss The Girl”? Well, there’s a chance the former One Direction star may just go on that romantic boat ride with Ariel and Sebastian the crab, according to what a source close to Harry EXCLUSIVELY told HollywoodLife! “Harry’s very interested (in playing Prince Eric in The Little Mermaid), it’s already got so much buzz and has such a great team behind it,” the insider reveals to us. “Harry hasn’t signed anything yet, but he’s been told they really want him and he wants to do it.” The prospect only gets more promising, as our insider added, “So as long as they can work out all the details, it’s a go.”
This is not just all talk. Harry has already met with the Disney movie’s future star, Halle Bailey, 19, our source tells us! “Harry loves the whole team that’s being assembled. He thinks Halle’s incredibly talented and thinks she’s a brilliant choice for Ariel. He screen-tested with her and they clicked, he wouldn’t have got this far if they hadn’t,” the insider reveals. Like Harry, Halle made her name through music as one half of the sister R&B duo, Chloe x Halle. Additionally, news has already surfaced that Harry is “in early negotiations to play the iconic role of Prince Eric in Disney’s live-action remake of The Little Mermaid,” according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The man behind the upcoming live action film’s soundtrack has also piqued Harry’s interest. You may know him as the mastermind of Hamilton! “Harry’s also a fan of Lin Manuel Miranda, he’s written new songs for the movie, so that’s another exciting element for Harry,” our source continues. With Lin and Halle on-board, our source points out that “the film as a whole is going to be of very high calibre,” and “so much work has already gone into it.” That means this project comes with high stakes! “The movie is such a classic, the pressure to get it right is very high but Harry likes that,” the source explains. “He’s all about challenging himself, that’s what’s most exciting for him.”

But Harry’s more than prepared, because “he can sing, he can act and he’s a heartthrob so he’s a natural for the romantic lead, he’s really a perfect fit for this part,” our insider continues. “It’s a musical so it’s a great chance for him to showcase all of his talent.” It also helps that Harry’s “a huge Disney fan” who “grew up watching all the movies, so being a part of a Disney movie would fulfill a childhood dream.” Hardcore Styles fans, you’ll know that the British heartthrob’s favorite Disney flick is The Lion King.
No names have been set in ink, and Harry is still being called for other “projects,” our source clarifies. So if the role of Prince Eric goes to someone else, “then Harry will star in something else big, it’s only a matter of time,” the insider says. “People are taking him seriously as an actor since Dunkirk and he’s been getting called in for a lot of projects, he’s a hot commodity in Hollywood.” You don’t have to tell us twice!

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 21/7/2019, 13:20
Messaggio #393

Gold Member

Da Twitter:

Yvette Nicole Brown explains why the casting of Halle Bailey as Ariel is "huge" for children everywhere: "They're giving everybody a chance... little kids can buy a doll that looks like them and be a part of the Disney magic"

Video

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 21/7/2019, 13:21
Messaggio #394

Gold Member

Da Yahoo:

Yara Shahidi Says Halle Bailey's 'Little Mermaid' Casting Is ‘Redefining’ Princesses & Fairy Tales (Exclusive)

While Halle Bailey’s role as Ariel in Disney's upcoming live-action remake of The Little Mermaid may have caused outcry from some fans, her Grown-ish co-star Yara Shahidi believes the casting is “redefining” the world of fairy tales and what it means to be a princess.

Shahidi stopped by ET’s suite at Comic-Con in San Diego, California, on Saturday and gushed to Kevin Frazier about why Bailey, who is also one half of R&B duo Chloe x Halle with her sister Chloe, is so perfect for the role.

“One, she is Ariel,” Shahidi said. “Like, if you know her, she is the most ethereal voice. And Chloe x Halle are two powerful young women. I don’t know other people who produce and write their own music, that are so involved in their process, that take their art so seriously and have such a great message.”

“So to see Halle in this role, it redefines what it means to be a princess, and I think she does maintain all of those classic traits of Ariel while still bringing that sense of confidence and empowerment,” Shahidi continued.

Given that some of the outcry about 19-year-old Bailey’s casting has focused on physical differences between her and the character in the 1989 animated The Little Mermaid, Shahidi noted that such details shouldn’t matter.

“It’s really about the essence of the character, and I think that’s what she maintains beautifully,” said the 19-year-old actress, who plays Zoey on ABC’s Grown-ish. “When you hear her voice, everything about it [is perfect]. I’m excited for a group of young people to grow up with her as Ariel. I know what it did for me when I saw The Princess and the Frog, and so she’s redefining the landscape.”

Bailey’s casting was announced earlier in July, with director Rob Marshall explaining why she was perfect for the role in a statement.

"After an extensive search, it was abundantly clear that Halle possesses that rare combination of spirit, heart, youth, innocence and substance -- plus a glorious singing voice -- all intrinsic qualities necessary to play this iconic role," Marshall said.

After some took to social media to complain that Bailey’s race and physical appearance made her unsuitable for the role, Disney's Freeform jumped to her defense.

"Yes. The original author of The Little Mermaid was Danish. Ariel...is a mermaid. She lives in an underwater kingdom in international waters and can legit swim wherever she wants (even though that often upsets King Triton, absolute zaddy)," their post stated. "But for the sake of argument, let's say that Ariel, too, is Danish. Danish mermaids can be black because Danish *people* can be black. Ariel can sneak up to the surface at any time with her pals Scuttle and the *ahem* Jamaican crab Sebastian (sorry, Flounder!) and keep that bronze base tight. Black Danish people, and this mer-folk, can also *genetically* (!!!) have red hair."

The film will feature songs from the animated original by Alan Menken and Howard Ashman, as well as new music by Menken and Lin-Manuel Miranda, who is also a producer on the project.

Meanwhile, ET recently learned that One Direction heartthrob Harry Styles is in talks to play Prince Eric in the film, which is set to begin production in 2020.

See more on the film below.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 21/7/2019, 13:23
Messaggio #395

Gold Member

Da Metro:

The Little Mermaid’s original Eric backs Harry Styles for live-action reboot: ‘It’s great, he’s a heartthrob’

Alicia Adejobi Sunday 21 Jul 2019 10:06 am

The original Eric from The Little Mermaid has spoken – and he thinks Harry Styles is a ‘great’ choice to voice the character in Disney’s anticipated reboot. Harry, 25, was recently tipped to play Prince Eric in the upcoming live-action remake of the classic animation, alongside Halle Bailey who has been cast in the lead role as his love interest Ariel. Well, it seems the former One Direction singer has the backing of perhaps the most important person – the actor who originally voiced Eric in the 1989 movie. Christopher Daniel Barnes is thrilled with the possibility of Harry taking on the coveted role, and told TMZ: ‘I think it’s great, the guy’s a rock star, actor, philanthropist, heartthrob. ‘That’s a pretty good start for a prince, right?’ It’s not bad, Chris. The 46-year-old, whose other work includes The Brady Bunch movie and various Spider-Man video games, also had high praise for Halle, whose casting as Ariel has sparked controversy due to her being African-American.

Christopher said of the 21-year-old singer: ‘I actually didn’t know who she was so I Googled her and saw her singing, and I just thought, “Wow, she’s going to be a fantastic Ariel”. ‘She has this very Ariel esque quality. If you look at her sing, she has this vitality for life, this exuberance, optimism, and you can see it shine through when she sings. You can tell that she’s got a strong personality which I think is essential to the character.’ Hitting back at the racist backlash towards Halle, which has included the #NotMyAriel social media campaign, Christopher stated: ‘If somebody thinks that skin colour is an essential element to Ariel, then they don’t understand the power of myth and what the story’s really about.’

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 22/7/2019, 18:52
Messaggio #396

Gold Member

Dopo Naomi Scott (Jasmine) parla Elle Fanning (Aurora) sulla scelta di Halle Bailey come Ariel.

Da Daninseries:

Elle Fanning sulla scelta di Halle Bailey come Ariel ne La Sirenetta

Da Yaso - Luglio 22, 2019

Elle Fanning, ospite al Giffoni 2019 e protagonista di Teen Spirit e Maleficent 2, parla della scelta di Halle Bailey per la parte di Ariel ne La Sirenetta
Il 22 luglio 2019 Elle Fanning è stata ospite al Giffoni 2019, per presentare la pellicola d’esordio del regista Max Minghella, chiamata Teen Spirit, di cui è protagonista. L’attrice durante il festival ha avuto occasione di confrontarsi con il giovane pubblico, in molti casi di un’età non molto lontana dalla sua e di parlare anche della recente scelta da parte di Disney di dare il ruolo di Ariel a Halle Bailey per il live action de La Sirenetta.

La giovane interprete di Violet in Teen Spirit ha appena 21 anni e conta un’esperienza cinematografica di oltre 60 titoli, costellata da famosi nomi del cinema tra colleghi e primi sostenitori della sua carriera. Da Sofia a Francis Coppola, il quale, afferma l’attrice stessa durante una conferenza, le ha insegnato il valore della famiglia e, aggiunge scherzosamente, “come fare una buona pasta. Anche se probabilmente non ricordo nemmeno più come si faccia.” Al cinema Elle Fanning appare inoltre accanto all’iconica Angelia Jolie nel live action Disney, Maleficent, del quale a breve uscirà il sequel. Nel film, come molti di voi sapranno, Elle Fannning interpreta la principessa Aurora ed è proprio questa sua unica posizione all’interno dell’immaginario disneyano ad averci spinti a chiederle una sua opinione circa il casting di Halle Bailey ne La Sirenetta. A maggior ragione quando l’argomento della conversazione, durante la roundtable a cui abbiamo partecipato in compagnia dell’attrice, si è spostato sull’influenza del politically correct, nella scelta dei ruoli all’interno di Hollywood. Sull’argomento la Fanning afferma:

“Dovremmo essere cauti. Non vogliamo tornare indietro nel nostro essere inclusivi. Abbiamo ancora molta strada da fare. Dobbiamo continuare a fare progressi. Stiamo cercando di progredire ed essere molto più inclusivi.”

Il 4 luglio 2019 Disney ha annunciato l’attrice che prossimamente si calerà nei panni di Ariel nel live action de La Sirenetta: Halle Bailey. La scelta di un interprete di colore per la parte di un personaggio che nel classico Disney presenta fattezze nordiche ha sollevato molte polemiche, soprattutto sui social come Twitter. I fan del cartone si sono divisi tra chi si è dichiarato contro la decisione di Disney per come quest’ultima si sia allontanata troppo dalla realtà del classico che si prepara a portare in scena. E tra chi invece ha visto questo tipo di critiche come un sintomo del razzismo ancora insito nella nostra società e sfociato in un inutile giudizio verso qualcosa che non ha base nella realtà. Data la natura fantastica della sirenetta protagonista del cartone. Ecco cosa pensa la nostra principessa Aurora a riguardo:

“Penso sia così sbagliato [criticare la decisione di Disney]. La amo. Penso sia così bella e possa cantare così bene. La sua voce è angelica. E ciò che conta di Ariel non è che sa cantare benissimo? Non importa dunque l’etnia. Sono sicura che ha ottenuto quella parte per la sua voce perché non ho mai sentito cantare qualcun altro meglio di lei. Le ho lasciato un commento sul suo profilo Instagram dandole il benvenuto nel club Disney delle principesse.”

Elle Fanning prosegue poi parlando delle difficoltà che un’attrice può affrontare nell’ottenere dei ruoli all’interno dell’industria cinematografica. E parla di come gli interpreti siano abituati a ricevere molti ‘no’ durante le audizioni ma di come sia importante ricordarsi costantemente del desiderio che porta gli attori a dare il tutto per tutto per la propria arte. L’unico modo per superare ogni sfida e lanciarsi in nuove avventure è “trasformare la paura in grinta e ribaltare così la situazione a proprio favore.“.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 23/7/2019, 17:43
Messaggio #397

Gold Member

Da CiakGeneration:

Elle Fanning difende la scelta di Halle Bailey come Ariel ne La Sirenetta
Da Yasodhara Leandri - 22 Luglio 2019

Elle Fanning difende la scelta di Halle Bailey per il ruolo di Ariel nel live action de La Sirenetta durante un’intervista al Giffoni 2019
Sbarca al Giffoni Film Festival 2019 Elle Fanning, arrivata in Italia in occasione della presentazione del suo nuovo film Teen Spirit. La pellicola d’esordio del regista Max Minghella viene proiettata al festival lunedì 22 luglio, giornata durante la quale l’attrice protagonista e interprete di Violet ha incontrato il giovane pubblico e parlato ai nostri microfoni. In particolare teniamo a riportarvi le sue dichiarazioni circa la recente polemica che ha coinvolto la scelta di Halle Bailey come Ariel nel live action de La Sirenetta.

Elle Fanning, nonostante la sua giovane età ha già preso parte a più di 60 titoli accanto a figure celebri dell’industria dell’intrattenimento. Dai registi che hanno creduto in lei e l’hanno supportata negli ultimi anni come Francis e Sofia Coppola, alla collega nel live action di Maleficent: Angelina Jolie. Dalle parole dell’attrice traspare una gratitudine profonda verso i grandi che si sono accorti del suo talento e che hanno voluto aiutarla a coltivarlo. Non solo, la Fanning tiene ad incoraggiare chiunque voglia intraprendere questa carriera svelando che l’unico modo per superare i tanti ‘no’ e la paura di lanciarsi in nuove avventure, è trasformare quest’ultima in grinta: “ribaltare la situazione a proprio favore.“

La conversazione protagonista della roundtable al quale abbiamo partecipato si sposta poi verso l’influenza del politically correct nella scelta dei ruoli all’interno di Hollywood.

Ecco in che futuro spera l’attrice e il motivo per cui Elle Fanning pensa Halle Bailey sia perfetta per interpretare Ariel.

Elle Fanning difende la scelta di Halle Bailey come Ariel ne La Sirenetta
“Dovremo essere cauti. Non vogliamo tornare indietro nel nostro essere inclusivi. Abbiamo ancora molta strada da fare. Dobbiamo continuare a fare progressi. Stiamo cercando di progredire ed essere molto più inclusivi.”

Questa la speranza e il desiderio di Elle Fanning per un Hollywood più favorevole alla diversità e all’inclusione. Un sentimento che rivediamo nella sua difesa a spada tratta della collega Halle Bailey. Come sappiamo, infatti, Elle Fanning è diventata negli ultimi anni il volto della principessa Aurora nel live action Maleficent, di cui prossimamente uscirà il sequel. Questa sua posizione unica all’interno dell’immaginario disneyano e il suo desiderio di dare voce alla necessità di cambiamento all’interno del mondo dello spettacolo ci ha portati a chiederle la sua opinione circa le ultime polemiche riguardo La Sirenetta.

Il classico Disney è divenuto nell’ultimo mese protagonista di una discussione circa la scelta della casa di Topolino di dare il ruolo di Ariel a Halle Bailey, un’attrice di colore. Secondo alcuni, infatti, l’etnia dell’interprete si allontanerebbe troppo dalle fattezze nordiche di Ariel nel cartone. Secondo altri, invece, la polemica è infondata e forse solo prova di quanto ancora la nostra società debba progredire quando si parla di diversità. Ecco l’opinione di Elle Fanning, invece, riguardo alla scelta di Halle Bailey come Ariel nel live action de La Sirenetta:

“Penso sia così sbagliato [criticare la decisione di Disney]. La amo. Penso sia così bella e possa cantare così bene. La sua voce è angelica. E ciò che conta di Ariel non è che sa cantare benissimo? Non importa dunque l’etnia. Sono sicura che ha ottenuto quella parte per la sua voce perché non ho mai sentito cantare qualcun altro meglio di lei. Le ho lasciato un commento sul suo profilo Instagram dandole il benvenuto nel club Disney delle principesse.”

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 23/7/2019, 17:45
Messaggio #398

Gold Member

Da iheart:

Asher Angel Confirms ‘The Little Mermaid’ Audition For Prince Eric

By Connor Hachey

July 20, 2019

2019 iHeartRadio Wango Tango Presented By The JUVÉDERM® Collection Of Dermal Fillers - Red Carpet
Harry Styles, step aside! Generation Z icon and heart-throb Asher Angel recently confirmed he had thrown his hat in the ring to portray Prince Eric in Disney’s upcoming live-action adaptation of “The Little Mermaid.”

While on location in San Diego, California for Comic-Con’s 50th anniversary, the Shazam superstar chatted with Entertainment Tonight’s Keltie Knight about his audition experience with the mouse. After Knight frankly questioned Angel in regards to burgeoning involvement rumors, he provided assurance stating “I’ve auditioned” and replying “I guess so” when asked if he was “in the running.”

Asher shared that it would “mean so much” to win the opportunity to play Prince Eric in this reimagining of the animated classic, because of his history with the source material. Growing up he enjoyed participating in musical theater and even played the role of ‘Flounder’ in a local Scottsdale, Arizona production earlier in his career.

It would mean so much to me. I started off doing musical theater...so that was one of my first ever shows. I was Flounder - it’s really cute there’s videos everywhere if you guys want to look it up. But it would be great...I would love to do the live-action, no of course. There’s so many amazing people that are, um, in it that I would love to work with.

Earlier this month it was announced that Chloe x Halle singer Halle Bailey would take on the role of Ariel in the project. Asher confirmed to Keltie that a screen test with the young Beyonce protege was in fact included in his audition process with the studio. As for the results of their test, Angel remained tight lipped - miming the motion of turning a key in front of his mouth when pressed for further details. However, after Knight requested he “wink” at the camera if any rumors were true - Asher did just that! We could be looking at our live-action Prince Eric, y’all.

Video:

Click

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 23/7/2019, 17:46
Messaggio #399

Gold Member

Da Tmz:

'LITTLE MERMAID'
OG PRINCE ERIC HYPES THE REBOOT
... And His Potential Replacement

7/21/2019 12:30 AM PT

EXCLUSIVE

The man who voiced the prince in "The Little Mermaid" says the guy expected to land the role in the live-action remake is a perfect fit ... and the new Ariel's a home run.

Christopher Daniel Barnes -- who voiced Prince Eric in the 1989 classic -- tells TMZ ... Harry Styles would be an excellent choice, because he actually checks all the boxes of a Disney prince in real life.

Styles is reportedly the front-runner for Eric, and Barnes says it's an added bonus he can sing ... now that some songs have actually been added for him.

Because, fun fact -- Barnes didn't get to sing any catchy tunes in 'Little Mermaid' ... and says he's the only Disney prince with that distinction.

As for the casting of Ariel -- which went to the up-and-coming 19-year-old actress and singer Halle Bailey -- Christopher says he was blown away by her talent and personality when he looked her up ... and anyone who has a problem with her is misguided ... to put it nicely.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 23/7/2019, 17:47
Messaggio #400

Gold Member

Da Yahoo e Sheknow:

After Halle Bailey's Ariel Casting, Moms Are Sharing #ColorMeMermaid Pics
SheKnows

Jennifer Mattern
SheKnowsJuly 22, 2019

Disney is on a roll with its live-action remakes of beloved favorites (The Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, and so on). But its casting announcement for the upcoming live-action The Little Mermaid was met with vile racist reactions when the company shared that Halle Bailey (A Wrinkle in Time, Grown-ish), who is black, was cast in the title role.

But just when we thought the world had completely lost its da** mind and any sense of decency, blogger Courtney Quinn created a hashtag that gave us hope: #ColorMeMermaid. She launched the hashtag on Instagram, inviting parents to share photos of their children dressed as Ariel and any other beloved Disney characters — no matter the color of their skin — to demonstrate (beautifully) why inclusion is so powerful and so important.

Quinn captioned a photo, “Disney recently announced their casting of Ariel for 2020’s ‘the little mermaid’. The studio cast a talented & beautiful young actress with an incredible voice, who happens to be black … and the internet wasn’t too happy. I grew up in a predominantly white town and have been hurt by racial comments before, so reading those comments brought back a familiar pain. I didn’t understand how people would want to ‘bully her into quitting’ or could claim that she’s ‘not their Ariel’ because she didn’t fit some 30-year-old mold of a mythical creature.”

She continued, “…instead of letting those words sting I decided to do something about it & infuse some positivity into your feed!”

Mission accomplished, Courtney Quinn. Hundreds of parents posted on Instagram photos of their kids dressing up as their favorite characters — whether or not they look like the original (read: white) concept of the character.

@mspaulapresents on Instagram wrote, “little black girls need more representation in the everyday things that all little girls like. When the news of the new Ariel came out I was happy because Halle Bailey is super talented and honestly it is super cool that my daughter is in a generation that the little mermaid looks like her and also a time where talent and charisma for the role counts more than what a fictional character looks like.”

@jenniferborget feels the same way about the #colormemermaid movement: “[The red-haired] Ariel was da bomb! … Now imagine how my little girls will feel when the world gets to see an Ariel with dark skin. And all of the little girls around the world who will get to see and enjoy an additional version of the princess we all love… Get that? Additional. We lose nothing and gain so much with this new version of Ariel.”

The best part? Adults are getting in on the #colormemermaid action too:

For the record, we’d totally be down for a future gender-swapping live-action remake called The Little Merman. Just a thought.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 23/7/2019, 17:49
Messaggio #401

Gold Member

Da Essence:

Yara Shahidi Says Halle Bailey 'Embodies' 'Little Mermaid's' Ariel
BAILEY'S 'GROWN-ISH' CO-STAR HAD NOTHING BUT PRAISE FOR THE ACTRESS, CALLING HER " AN ETHEREAL HUMAN."

BY SYDNEY SCOTT · JULY 22, 2019

Halle Bailey’s casting as Ariel in the upcoming live-action Little Mermaid is perfect, according to the stars Grown-ish castmate Yara Shahidi.

E! News caught up with Shahidi at Comic-Con over the weekend, where the actress opened up about the excitement of seeing Bailey land the role.

“I think she couldn’t be more perfect,” Shahidi said. “If you just listen to her voice, she’s an ethereal human. When you look at Halle’s voice and how she maneuvers, she already embodies the character and I can’t wait to see what she brings to it.”

The actress added that the entire Grown-ish cast was thrilled when they heard the news, adding that the cast’s group chat was filled with mermaid emojis and congratulations.

Shahidi had previously shared a congratulatory tweet following the announcement that Bailey had been cast as Ariel.

“Princess Halle, you have expanded the world of powerful princesses in so many ways and I am absolutely so excited for you to bring Ariel to life.”

Yara shahidi

@YaraShahidi
🧜🏾‍♀️Princess Halle ❤️ you have expanded the world of powerful princesses in so many ways and I am absolutely so excited for you to bring Ariel to life ❤️

View image on Twitter
3:01 AM - Jul 4, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
2,060 people are talking about this
Still, while most fans were excited about the announcement, there were still a few haters, who Disney’s Freeform quickly put in check with an open letter “to the Poor, Unfortunate Souls.”

The upcoming film, which is currently in pre-production, will mark Bailey’s feature debut.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 23/7/2019, 17:50
Messaggio #402

Gold Member

Da Stuff.co.nz:

Halle Bailey's casting in The Little Mermaid prompts #MyAriel social media campaign

A social media campaign has been launched to spotlight the positive impact Halle Bailey's casting in The Little Mermaid remake will have.

The campaign is a response to the racist backlash over the news Bailey would play Ariel in the film's live action remake.

Bailey, 19, rose to fame in the US performing alongside her sister in their musical duo Chloe x Halle. Bailey, 19, rose to fame in the US performing alongside her sister in their musical duo Chloe x Halle.

Courtney Quinn of Color Me Courtney put the call out to her half a million Instagram followers, asking them to post photos of themselves with the hashtags #colormemermaid and #myariel, to "share the love" for Bailey.

"The studio cast a talented and beautiful young actress with an incredible voice, who happens to be black … and the internet wasn't too happy," she wrote.

"I grew up in a predominantly white town and have been hurt by racial comments before, so reading those comments brought back a familiar pain. I didn't understand how people would want to 'bully her into quitting' or could claim that she's 'not their Ariel' because she didn't fit some 30 year old mold of a mythical creature."

Instead of letting the hate "sting", Quinn wrote to "over 50 creators" in the hope of bringing "some positivity" to the announcement.

"Halle Bailey is #myariel and I can't wait to watch her shine in this amazing role."

In a post on her personal page, Quinn further noted, "this new casting doesn't take that [fair skinned Ariel] away from you. All it does is extend that power of 'feeling seen' or 'feeling pretty' to someone else who might look a little different from you. If that feeling was so important to one, whats wrong with sharing the magic!"

Several hundred people have jumped on board with the campaign, sharing what the casting means to them.

One mother wrote that when she first heard the announcement, it threw her off. "I was so set on Ariel to look like what I grew up on," she said.

But after hearing Bailey's voice, she said it made her realise her Ariel "can be anyone!"

"What I thought was the only way, was just a way. That's important to show my daughter. You can be who ever you want to be. Even a Disney Princess. Your ethnicity or the colour of your skin should not be a reason for controversy about a fictional character. It's all about the talent."

Another parent said she was jumping on board with the campaign because "every little girl deserves to feel like she is a princess, and representation definitely matters.

"Can't wait to see my daughter's eyes light up when she sees a princess that actually looks like her."

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Fulvio84
messaggio 23/7/2019, 18:17
Messaggio #403

Gold Member

Gruppo: Utente
Da: Caserta

c'hanno rotto le scatole con questa storia.
Ariel non e' cosi. punto.
ora chi lo vuole vedere lo veda , chi non vuole vederlo no.
Pero' basta, parliamo d'altro...per esempio un bel film animato nuovo?

User's Signature

+Quote Post
I seguenti utenti hanno apprezzato questo post:
-Scrooge McDuck-
messaggio 23/7/2019, 19:41
Messaggio #404

Utente

Vabbè in questo topic di cosa dovrebbero parlare? rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 23/7/2019, 23:47
Messaggio #405

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (Scrooge McDuck @ 23/7/2019, 20:41) *
Vabbè in questo topic di cosa dovrebbero parlare? rolleyes.gif

Fulvio ha deragliato per la rabbia, con la battuta finale, ma il concetto è chiaro. Manca poco che anche gli studi d'animazione concorrenti si lancino in questa stantia e sperticata lode al black factor. Speriamo arrivino notizie concrete sul film, INVECE. Mò basta con questi sostegni ad un'attrice/cantante che ancora deve dimostrare tutto quanto, passiamo anche ad altro.

+Quote Post
buffyfan
messaggio 24/7/2019, 0:23
Messaggio #406

Gold Member

Gruppo: Utente
Da: Roma

Anche perché, dicono tutti la stessa cosa questi VIP. Sarebbe sufficiente riportare solamente il pensiero di uno, che rappresenterebbe quello di tutti gli altri. Le loro opinioni sembrano tutte fatte con lo stampino. Del resto, chi oserebbe mettersi contro una scelta della Disney? mi sembra che l'unica con le palle ad essere uscita fuori dal coro sia stata la Johanson, ma non ne sono certo. Per il resto, tutte ste campagne pro e contro questa scelta, mi sanno tanto di marketing. Insomma, che se ne parli bene o male, l'importante è che se ne parli. Questo film, non ha ancora una data d'uscita ufficiale, un singolo attore confermato, eccetto la Halle, ed già è il più chiacchierato….

+Quote Post
I seguenti utenti hanno apprezzato questo post:
-Scrooge McDuck-
messaggio 24/7/2019, 14:38
Messaggio #407

Utente

CITAZIONE (Daydreamer @ 24/7/2019, 0:47) *
Fulvio ha deragliato per la rabbia, con la battuta finale, ma il concetto è chiaro. Manca poco che anche gli studi d'animazione concorrenti si lancino in questa stantia e sperticata lode al black factor. Speriamo arrivino notizie concrete sul film, INVECE. Mò basta con questi sostegni ad un'attrice/cantante che ancora deve dimostrare tutto quanto, passiamo anche ad altro.

Ma a voi nemmeno interessa che sia brava o meno, vi interessa che non è caucasica. Quindi, di nuovo, se si parla del colore della sua pelle, perché ve la prendete? Siete voi i primi che fomentate questa discussione con questo unico grande tema.

Non venitemi a dire ora che volete critiche/lodi sulla sua eventuale bravura nel ricoprire il ruolo di Ariel perché alla luce di tutte le pippe delle ultime settimane è davvero poco credibile.

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 24/7/2019, 15:20
Messaggio #408

Gold Member

Valerio calm down. Pensiamo la stessa cosa, i veu non fanno che riportare questi noiosissimi endorsements perché è solamente questo di cui si parla in giro. Io ho espressamente detto la mia e non è il caso di ripetersi, dico solo che forse è bene lasciare il topic in stand in attesa di altre notizie sul film, decisamente più interessanti di questo pseudo brainwashing culturale che i media fingono di propugnare.

+Quote Post

109 Pagine V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
2 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (2 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 19/3/2024, 9:47