Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

11 Pagine V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Non Disney Upcoming Animated Projects, From 2009
Claudio
messaggio 7/11/2010, 19:39
Messaggio #73

Gold Member

Gruppo: Utente
Da: Italia

interessante shifty.gif

User's Signature

Il Forziere dei Classici Disney in Dvd: una grande fregatura! CONDIVIDI:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZLEjXBac3E
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Beast
messaggio 4/12/2010, 23:39
Messaggio #74

Gold Member

Da: Cn

Da Badtaste ed Empire:

Katzenberg si sbilancia non poco e annuncia Madagascar 4, Kung Fu Panda 3,4,5,6 e Dragon Trainer 2,3 e forse anche 4,5,6,7 & 8!
Guai se sento ancora qualcuno del forum lamentarsi che la Pixar fa troppi sequel! Roftl.gif

Una valanga di sequel per la DreamWorks Animation
Il produttore Jeffrey Katzenberg aggiorna sui futuri progetti della DreamWorks Animation: ci aspettano il quarto capitolo di Madagascar e ben cinque sequel di Kung Fu Panda…

In un’intervista rilasciata a Empire Jeffrey Katzenberg, co-fondatore e produttore della DreamWorks Animation, ha parlato del futuro della compagnia rilasciando alcune dichiarazioni sui futuri sequel di alcuni prodotti animati della sua casa di produzione.

La release in Home Video di Shrek Forever After, attesa per il 6 dicembre negli U.S.A., è l'occasione per chiedere a Katzenberg se sia definitivamente calato il sipario sulla saga dell’orco verde:

I nostri film e i nostri franchise hanno in comune con Shrek il fatto di avere un inizio, uno svolgimento e una fine; non hanno un finale aperto. Ognuno dei film è il capitolo di una storia e in ogni caso noi sapevamo cos’era o poteva essere quel viaggio ancora prima di partire. Quindi già oggi posso dirvi con precisione il percorso di Madagascar. Alla fine loro ritorneranno a New York, e dovranno confrontarsi con quello, ed è ciò che faranno nel prossimo capitolo. In ogni caso, per il modo in cui quel film si concluderà, ce ne sarà probabilmente un altro…

Dunque la serie di Madagascar arriverà almeno fino al quarto capitolo. Ma Katzenberg non si ferma e aggiorna su altri progetti:

Si probabilmente ci sarà un quarto film. Invece per Kung fu Panda sono previsti sei capitoli, come abbiamo programmato nel corso degli anni. Per Dragon Trainer sono almeno tre: forse di più, ma per adesso sappiamo che la storia avrà tre capitoli. I libri in tutto sono otto...

E quando gli si fa notare che i libri sono diversi dal film risponde:

Si, ma ci sono anche elementi comuni ad entrambi …come voi sapete, ci sono molte isole nel mondo di Berk, e molte cose diverse, quindi vedremo. Ma proprio ora, oggi, sappiamo di sicuro che vogliamo raccontare tre storie, e che potremmo volerne fare anche altri. Quello che non sappiamo è come continuare oltre a quello.

Katzenberg Talks DreamWorks Sequels
Two more Dragons, five Pandas...

We sat down with DreamWorks Animation chief Jeffrey Katzenberg this week in London, and asked him about the future of the company. You can read the full interview over here, but we thought we'd particularly draw your attention to what he had to say about planned animation sequels to Kung-Fu Panda and How To Train Your Dragon and more. Namely, that we're looking at a total of four Madagascar films, six Pandas (which was already rumoured) and at least three Dragons.

We asked Katzenberg about his comments that Shrek Forever After (out on DVD Monday, and the reason he was in town) would be the last in that franchise. He replied, "What our movies and our franchises also share in common with Shrek is that they have a beginning, a middle and an end; they’re not open-ended. Each of the films is a chapter of a story and in every instance we knew what that journey was or could be before we even started.

"So today I can tell you pretty succinctly where Madagascar goes. Ultimately they will come back to New York, and they will come to terms with that, which they will do in this next chapter. Because of the way that movie concludes there’s probably one more for them…"

So a fourth?

Katzenberg: "Yeah, there’s probably a fourth there. Kung Fu Panda actually has 6 chapters to it, and we’ve mapped that out over the years. How To Train Your Dragon is at least three: maybe more, but we know there are a least three chapters to that story. There are actually 8 books."

But they’re very different from the film.

Katzenberg: "Yes. But there are elements of them that actually… as you know, there are many islands in the world of Berk, and different things there, so we’ll see. But right now, today, we know that there are three for sure that we want to tell and there may be more. We haven’t thought, you know, how do we continue beyond that."

So, is this good news or bad? Those of you who have been combing Cressida Cowell's book series - can you guess what he's hinting at on those other islands in the Dragon world? And do you want to see six Kung-Fu Panda movies? The first was gorgeously animated and rather likeable, so it might about have the pudgy legs to sustain a few sequels - right?

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 5/12/2010, 2:02
Messaggio #75

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore
Da: Campobasso/Angers

CITAZIONE (Beast @ 4/12/2010, 23:39) *
Da Badtaste ed Empire:

Katzenberg si sbilancia non poco e annuncia Madagascar 4, Kung Fu Panda 3,4,5,6 e Dragon Trainer 2,3 e forse anche 4,5,6,7 & 8!
Guai se sento ancora qualcuno del forum lamentarsi che la Pixar fa troppi sequel! Roftl.gif

Senza parole... ci starebbe una denuncia per prostituzione...

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 10/12/2010, 20:42
Messaggio #76

Gold Member

Me and My Shadow (Dreamworks Animation)

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=72292

DreamWorks Animation Announces Me and My Shadow
Source: DreamWorks Animation
December 10, 2010

DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. today announced that it will bring Me and My Shadow, an original project, to the big screen in March of 2013. The studio will pioneer a groundbreaking combination of both CG and traditional animation techniques, which will be used seamlessly together throughout this 3D feature film.

Mark Dindal (Chicken Little, The Emperor's New Groove) is the film's director and Melissa Cobb (Kung Fu Panda, Kung Fu Panda 2) and Teresa Cheng (Shrek Forever After, Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron) are serving as producers. Shane Prigmore (Coraline, "The Lord of the Rings") is head of story and Scott Wills (Monsters vs. Aliens, "Ren & Stimpy") and Raymond Zibach (Kung Fu Panda, The Road to El Dorado) are production designers. Nick Fletcher (Shrek Forever After, The Prince of Egypt) is serving as editor. The screenplay for Me and My Shadow, which was originally penned by both Steve Bencich and Ron Friedman (Chicken Little, Open Season), is currently being revised by writing team Tom Astle and Matt Ember (Get Smart).

"We are proud to have assembled a world-class creative team of filmmakers and artists – all of whom have vast experience on both computer generated and traditionally animated films – who is already well along in the production of 'Me and My Shadow,'" said Bill Damaschke, co-president of production for DreamWorks Animation. "Together, we are embarking on an exciting goal to break new creative ground at DreamWorks Animation by combining the time-honored tradition of hand drawn animation with the magical sophistication of CG characters and worlds in ways that have never been experienced by audiences before."

Me and My Shadow tells the story of Shadow Stan, an extremely frustrated shadow who yearns for a dynamic life but happens to be stuck with Stanley Grubb, the world's most boring human. Finally pushed to the brink, Shadow Stan breaks the singular rule of the Shadow World ("They lead, we follow"), and takes control of Stanley!

Read more: DreamWorks Animation Announces Me and My Shadow - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...2#ixzz17jrZekGk

[/quote]

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118028802

DreamWorks Animation enters 'Shadow' world
Feature to combine CG, hand-drawn animation
By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK, PETER DEBRUGE

DreamWorks Animation has set a March 2013 release date for "Me and My Shadow." The original 3D toon will seamlessly combine CG and traditional animation, marking a first for the company.
"The way 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' combined hand-drawn and live-action, this does the same, but with CG and hand-drawn," said Bill Damaschke, DWA co-prexy of production.

"Shadow" tells the story of Shadow Stan, an incredibly frustrated shadow that yearns for a more dynamic life but happens to be stuck with Stanley Grubb, the world's most boring human.Eventually pushed to the brink, Shadow Stan breaks the singular rule of the Shadow World -- "they lead, we follow" -- and takes control of Stanley.

Steve Bencich and Ron Friedman's original screenplay is being revised by the writing team of Tom Astle and Matt Ember ("Get Smart").

According to Damaschke, the creative team behind the film "are all ambidextrous, in a way. Everybody has a significant 2D movie and a significant 3D movie under their belt."

Helmer Mark Dindal previously co-directed CG feature "Chicken Little" and hand-drawn pic "The Emperor's New Groove."

Producers are Teresa Cheng ("Shrek Forever After," "Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron") and Melissa Cobb, who hails from Fox Animation and produced the "Kung Fu Panda" franchise for DWA.

Other members of the team include head of story Shane Prigmore.

It's an ambitious effort for the studio, which also blended traditional toon elements with CG for one sequence in "Kung Fu Panda."

Although DreamWorks Animation's previous hand-drawn toon was "Spirit" in 2002, Damaschke estimated that half the studio's animators have 2D experience.

"Shadow" will combine "the time-honored tradition of hand-drawn animation with the magical sophistication of CG characters and worlds in ways that have never been experienced by audiences before," Damaschke said.

He said the team is already well along in production.

In the toon, the Shadow and everything in the Shadow World will be hand-drawn, while the human character and human world will be CG. The movie will alternate between the two worlds.

"It will be super-challenging but very cool," Damaschke said.

Production designers are Scott Wills and Raymond Zibach. Nick Fletcher is editor.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
kuzco
messaggio 10/12/2010, 21:21
Messaggio #77

Gold Member

Da: Roma

QUOTE (Beast @ 4/12/2010, 23:39) *
Da Badtaste ed Empire:

Una valanga di sequel per la DreamWorks Animation
Il produttore Jeffrey Katzenberg aggiorna sui futuri progetti della DreamWorks Animation: ci aspettano il quarto capitolo di Madagascar e ben cinque sequel di Kung Fu Panda…

In un’intervista rilasciata a Empire Jeffrey Katzenberg, co-fondatore e produttore della DreamWorks Animation, ha parlato del futuro della compagnia rilasciando alcune dichiarazioni sui futuri sequel di alcuni prodotti animati della sua casa di produzione.

La release in Home Video di Shrek Forever After, attesa per il 6 dicembre negli U.S.A., è l'occasione per chiedere a Katzenberg se sia definitivamente calato il sipario sulla saga dell’orco verde:

I nostri film e i nostri franchise hanno in comune con Shrek il fatto di avere un inizio, uno svolgimento e una fine; non hanno un finale aperto. Ognuno dei film è il capitolo di una storia e in ogni caso noi sapevamo cos’era o poteva essere quel viaggio ancora prima di partire. Quindi già oggi posso dirvi con precisione il percorso di Madagascar. Alla fine loro ritorneranno a New York, e dovranno confrontarsi con quello, ed è ciò che faranno nel prossimo capitolo. In ogni caso, per il modo in cui quel film si concluderà, ce ne sarà probabilmente un altro…

Dunque la serie di Madagascar arriverà almeno fino al quarto capitolo. Ma Katzenberg non si ferma e aggiorna su altri progetti:

Si probabilmente ci sarà un quarto film. Invece per Kung fu Panda sono previsti sei capitoli, come abbiamo programmato nel corso degli anni. Per Dragon Trainer sono almeno tre: forse di più, ma per adesso sappiamo che la storia avrà tre capitoli. I libri in tutto sono otto...

E quando gli si fa notare che i libri sono diversi dal film risponde:

Si, ma ci sono anche elementi comuni ad entrambi …come voi sapete, ci sono molte isole nel mondo di Berk, e molte cose diverse, quindi vedremo. Ma proprio ora, oggi, sappiamo di sicuro che vogliamo raccontare tre storie, e che potremmo volerne fare anche altri. Quello che non sappiamo è come continuare oltre a quello.

Katzenberg Talks DreamWorks Sequels
Two more Dragons, five Pandas...

We sat down with DreamWorks Animation chief Jeffrey Katzenberg this week in London, and asked him about the future of the company. You can read the full interview over here, but we thought we'd particularly draw your attention to what he had to say about planned animation sequels to Kung-Fu Panda and How To Train Your Dragon and more. Namely, that we're looking at a total of four Madagascar films, six Pandas (which was already rumoured) and at least three Dragons.

We asked Katzenberg about his comments that Shrek Forever After (out on DVD Monday, and the reason he was in town) would be the last in that franchise. He replied, "What our movies and our franchises also share in common with Shrek is that they have a beginning, a middle and an end; they’re not open-ended. Each of the films is a chapter of a story and in every instance we knew what that journey was or could be before we even started.

"So today I can tell you pretty succinctly where Madagascar goes. Ultimately they will come back to New York, and they will come to terms with that, which they will do in this next chapter. Because of the way that movie concludes there’s probably one more for them…"

So a fourth?

Katzenberg: "Yeah, there’s probably a fourth there. Kung Fu Panda actually has 6 chapters to it, and we’ve mapped that out over the years. How To Train Your Dragon is at least three: maybe more, but we know there are a least three chapters to that story. There are actually 8 books."

But they’re very different from the film.

Katzenberg: "Yes. But there are elements of them that actually… as you know, there are many islands in the world of Berk, and different things there, so we’ll see. But right now, today, we know that there are three for sure that we want to tell and there may be more. We haven’t thought, you know, how do we continue beyond that."

So, is this good news or bad? Those of you who have been combing Cressida Cowell's book series - can you guess what he's hinting at on those other islands in the Dragon world? And do you want to see six Kung-Fu Panda movies? The first was gorgeously animated and rather likeable, so it might about have the pudgy legs to sustain a few sequels - right?

Per me ne possono fare pure 100 di quei film....basta che non rompono e non FREGANO progetti altrui....se si fossilizzano sui sequel a me va bene......

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Claudio
messaggio 12/12/2010, 17:07
Messaggio #78

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (Scissorhands @ 5/12/2010, 2:02) *
Senza parole... ci starebbe una denuncia per prostituzione...

... eheheh.gif eheheh.gif vero, anche per abuso... sono ridicoli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! post-6-1111346575.gif post-6-1111346575.gif
ma come si fa a pensare di potere fare kung fu panda 3,4,5,6? o dragon trainer 2,3,4,5,6,7, e 8 ????? ma sono fuori di senno????

Messaggio modificato da Claudio il 12/12/2010, 17:08

User's Signature

Il Forziere dei Classici Disney in Dvd: una grande fregatura! CONDIVIDI:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZLEjXBac3E

+Quote Post
WALY DISNEY
messaggio 12/12/2010, 17:08
Messaggio #79

Gold Member

Da: Palermo

A dir poco sconcertato post-6-1111346575.gif post-6-1111346575.gif post-6-1111346575.gif ma pensano di andare avanti così?? Ma a questo punto preferivo altri 10 Shrek piuttosto che 6 Kung Fu Panda mellow.gif (rido da solo x questa battuta ahahahaha sto morendo!)

Messaggio modificato da WALY DISNEY il 12/12/2010, 17:09

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Arancina22
messaggio 12/12/2010, 17:10
Messaggio #80

Gold Member

Da: casa mia

Oddio, non so se ridere o piangere, o tutti e due Roftl.gif

User's Signature

Your special fascination'll
prove to be inspirational!
We think you're just sensational,
Mame!

+Quote Post
WALY DISNEY
messaggio 12/12/2010, 17:12
Messaggio #81

Gold Member

Da: Palermo

Ci aspetta un decennio di soli sequels.... Saluto.gif ciao Dreamworks

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Arancina22
messaggio 12/12/2010, 17:16
Messaggio #82

Gold Member

Da: casa mia

CITAZIONE
ciao Dreamworks

LOL Roftl.gif

Mi sembra proprio che siano a corto di idee (o forse lo sono sempre stati). Rubano le idee altrui e floppano, e poi quando vedono che qualcosa incassa lo ripropongono fino all'infinito e oltre eheheh.gif

User's Signature

Your special fascination'll
prove to be inspirational!
We think you're just sensational,
Mame!

+Quote Post
Claudio
messaggio 12/12/2010, 17:17
Messaggio #83

Gold Member

CITAZIONE (WALY DISNEY @ 12/12/2010, 17:12) *
Ci aspetta un decennio di soli sequels.... Saluto.gif ciao Dreamworks

CITAZIONE (Arancina22 @ 12/12/2010, 17:16) *
LOL Roftl.gif

Mi sembra proprio che siano a corto di idee (o forse lo sono sempre stati). Rubano le idee altrui e floppano, e poi quando vedono che qualcosa incassa lo ripropongono fino all'infinito e oltre eheheh.gif

eheheh.gif eheheh.gif quoto!

Messaggio modificato da Claudio il 12/12/2010, 17:17

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 30/12/2010, 17:52
Messaggio #84

Gold Member

Untitled David Reynolds project (Sony Picture Animation produced)

'Finding Nemo' Scribe Writes Sony Pictures Animation Pic
By MIKE FLEMING | Wednesday December 15, 2010 @ 4:51pm ESTTags: David Reynolds, David Reynolds Sony Animation Project, Gotham Group, Movie Deals, Movies, Sony Pictures Animation, Stephan Franck
Comments (7) Email This | Print This | Bookmark and Share
Mike Fleming

Sony Pictures Animation, which made a four-picture first look deal with the Gotham Group last year, has gotten the first project up and running. It's untitled, and will be scripted by Finding Nemo scribe David Reynolds. The film's based on an original story by Stephan Franck, who is attached to direct. Franck's credits as an animator include Iron Giant, Space Jam and How to Train Your Dragon. Gotham Group's Ellen Goldsmith-Vein, Peter McHugh and Eric Robinson will produce. Karen Dufilho-Rosen will be exec producer. Reynolds got an Oscar nomination for Finding Nemo and his other credits include Chicken Little, A Bug's Life and Toy Story 3.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/finding-ne...-animation-pic/

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 30/12/2010, 17:55
Messaggio #85

Gold Member

Maintenance (Dreamworks Animation)
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/hea...ie-rights-61365

EXCLUSIVE: DreamWorks Animation Nabs Movie Rights to 'Maintenance' Comic
December

Sneaking in one last deal before Hollywood shuts down for the holidays, DreamWorks Animation has picked up the movie rights to Maintenance, an Oni Press comic book, nabbing it out of turnaround from Warner Bros.

The comic, published by Oni in December, 2006, followed the exploits of two janitors who work for TerroMax, Inc., the world's biggest and best evil science think tank. When they're not dealing with toxic spill monsters and menial time machine repairs, they have to contend with their boss, a multitude of mad scientists, jetpack-equipped cavemen, alien repomen, and the cute girl who works at reception

The comic was written by Jim Massey and illustrated by Robbi Rodriguez.

Whilst at Warners, Maintenance was being developed as a directing vehicle for McG, who was also producing via his Wonderland Sound and Vision banner. Joe Ballarini worked on the script.

While it’s unclear why exactly Warners let it go, the humorous and pop cultural-referencing tone combined with a large scope described in Maintenance may be best suited for the animated world. And it seems like a project perfectly matched for DWA, which has had great success with similarly themed movies such as 2009’s Monsters vs. Aliens and the recent Superman-infused Megamind.

Maintenance is coming into DWA free and clear, with no writer, director or producers attached.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 30/12/2010, 17:56
Messaggio #86

Gold Member

Kokuriko-Zaka Kara (Studio Ghibli)

http://www.badtaste.it/index.php?option=co...1&Itemid=37

E' stato annunciato ufficialmente il prossimo film dello Studio Ghibli: si tratta dell'adattamento cinematografico del manga degli anni ottanta Kokuriko-Zaka Kara, diretto da Goro Moyazaki!

Fonte: Anime News Network via Animeita

Sarà Goro Miyazaki, figlio del leggendario regista Hayao Miyazaki, ad adattare e dirigere il manga degli anni ottanta Kokuriko-Zaka Kara: si tratta del nuovo, atteso progetto dello Studio Ghibli, annunciato proprio oggi e in arrivo in Giappone nell'estate 2011. Il film precedente di Goro, I Racconti di Terramare (2006), è considerata una delle opere minori dello Studio, e non è stato accolto con il consueto entusiasmo dai fan.

Ecco la sinossi di Kokuriko-Zaka Kara:

La storia è ambientata nel 1963, un anno prima delle olimpiadi di Tokyo, e segue la vita di una ordinaria studentessa del liceo di nome Komatsuzaki a Yokohama, una città portuale nei pressi di Tokyo. Suo padre marinaio è scomparso dopo un incidente in mare, e sua madre - una fotografa - è spesso via per lavoro. Il manga racconta la vita di tutti i giorni di Komatsuzaki, giorate fatte di risa e lacrime condivisa con i suoi amici del giornalino della scuola.

Messaggio modificato da Scissorhands il 30/12/2010, 18:01

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 30/12/2010, 18:01
Messaggio #87

Gold Member

Oz Wars (Vanguard Animation produced )

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=72433

Mike Johnson to Helm Animated Oz Wars
Source: Vanguard
December 15, 2010

John Williams, President and CEO of Vanguard Films, announced today the company has signed Oscar and Annie Award-nominee Mike Johnson, co-director of Corpse Bride, to direct its CG/stop-motion hybrid feature film, Oz Wars.

"Mike Johnson is a spectacular director and one of the masters of stop-motion," says Williams. "We all think 'Oz Wars' is a wildly original and commercial project that will thrill and astonish audiences. Additionally, due to revolutionary new stop-motion software, Mike will be making this world-class quality film at an unprecedentedly economical cost point."

Oz Wars, written by Rob Moreland (Space Chimps 1 & 2 and Vanguard's upcoming live action City of Dragons) and Athena Gam (Vanguard's recently announced Alien Rock Band), transforms the Oz narrative into a contemporary, freaky action-packed PG-13 audience pleaser, with Dorothy caught up in a whirlwind of warrior witches, black magic, martial arts and monsters.

"'Oz Wars' is an animated action-adventure story, but unlike most animated films, it's not just for kids," Johnson says. "The Land of Oz will be re-imagined using stop-motion to create a world that's dark, slick, sexy, and dangerous. It's long been a goal of mine to create a hard-hitting, grown-up action film using stop-motion animation. 'Oz Wars' is my opportunity to do that."

The announcement comes on the heels of an ambitious Vanguard production slate released at AFM which includes CG, live action and CG/live action hybrids. Vanguard recently announced an overall producing/directing deal with Kung Fu Panda co-director John Stevenson, whose first Vanguard directorial project will be Alien Rock Band, a live action/CGI hybrid, with musician Dave Stewart (Eurythmics) attached as a producer.

A veteran animator and director, Texas-native Mike Johnson won the British Animation Award and earned Oscar and Annie Award nominations (with co-director Tim Burton) for his feature film Corpse Bride. As an animator his credits include The Nightmare Before Christmas, James and the Giant Peach and the Emmy Award-wining children's series "Bump in the Night." Johnson's directing credits also include episodes of the Emmy Award-winning television series "The P.J.'s," and the award-winning short The Devil Went Down To Georgia, which he also produced.

Read more: Mike Johnson to Helm Animated Oz Wars - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...3#ixzz19cDAe78I

Messaggio modificato da Scissorhands il 30/12/2010, 18:02

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 13/1/2011, 20:49
Messaggio #88

Gold Member

Monkeys of Bollywood (Dreamworks Animation produced)

DreamWorks swings with 'Monkeys of Bollywood'
Animation studio readies first feature musical
By Rachel Abrams

Paul Berges, left, Gurinder Chadha, Stephen Schwartz and A.R. Rahman will team on DWA’s 'Monkeys of Bollywood.'
We Recommend...
Syfy, Stern in Comcast orbit
'Game' return big for BET
Lionsgate scares up 'Dibbuk'
Duran Duran tunes to new business model
IM Global to rep Bigelow indie pic
Block, Askarieh team on 'Alien'

DreamWorks Animation has gone ape for "Monkeys of Bollywood," roping in composer A.R. Rahman, Broadway lyricist Stephen Schwartz and husband-and-wife producing team Gurinder Chadha and Paul Berges to fast-track the studio's first animated feature musical.
Hindu epic poem "The Ramayana" inspired the Bollywood-style animated musical. Mumbai-set project revolves around two monkeys who try to stop an ancient demon from conquering the world.

"As soon as I heard that DreamWorks Animation envisioned making an animated Bollywood movie, I knew I wanted to be a part of it," said Schwartz in a statement. "The fact that A.R. Rahman got involved made it an even more exciting project."

DreamWorks chief creative officer Bill Damaschke and development exec Chris Kuser will oversee "Monkeys of Bollywood."

Chadha and Berges have teamed for films including "Bend It Like Beckham" and "Bride and Prejudice." Rahman scored Danny Boyle's "127 Hours" and "Slumdog Millionaire." Broadway vet and "Wicked" lyricist Schwartz scored DreamWorks' "Prince of Egypt" in 1998 and has worked on TV series including "Glee" and "Army Wives."

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111803009...+Latest+News%29

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Beast
messaggio 3/2/2011, 11:42
Messaggio #89

Gold Member

Lidsville (Dreamworks animation)

La DreamWorks Animation ha annunciato di voler portare sullo schermo i personaggi creati da Sid & Marty Krofft tratti dalla serie televisiva Lidsville in onda negli States negli anni '70.
Conrad Vernon (Mostri contro Alieni, Shrek 2), fan di lunga data dei lavori dei Krofft, ha presentato il progetto alla DreamWorks Animation. I fratelli Krofft saranno i produttori esecutivi mentre il capo dello sviluppo Alex Schwartz e dello sviluppo esecutivo Chris Kuser stanno supervisionando il progetto.

Lidsville si ispirerà alla serie televisiva originale, in cui un giovane ribelle si ritrova in una realtà alternativa abitata da cappelli parlanti.

Marty Krofft ha dichiarato:

Sid e io siamo in contatto da molto tempo con Jeffrey Katzenberg e siamo eccitati di portare Lidsville alla DreamWorks Animation. E' incredibile vedere un film animato in 3d di alta qualità che viene fuori da uno dei nostri show preferiti.

http://www.badtaste.it/index.php?option=co...0&Itemid=37

Update by Scissorhands
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=73694

DreamWorks Animation to Adapt Sid & Marty Krofft's Lidsville
Source: DreamWorks Animation
February 1, 2011

DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. today announced that it will bring the Sid & Marty Krofft characters from the 1970's television series "Lidsville" to the big screen in a feature film by the same name.

Conrad Vernon (Monsters vs. Aliens, Shrek 2)--animation veteran and lifelong fan of the Krofft's work--brought the project to DreamWorks Animation. Brothers Sid & Marty Krofft will serve as executive producers. Vernon, DreamWorks Animation's head of development Alex Schwartz and development executive Chris Kuser are overseeing the project at the studio.

"Sid and I have had a longstanding relationship with Jeffrey Katzenberg and we're excited to bring 'Lidsville' to DreamWorks Animation," said Marty Krofft. "It's incredible to envision a high-quality 3D animated movie being made out of one of our favorite shows."

"The Krofft brothers helped define a generation with the wildly imaginative characters and worlds they created," said Alex Schwartz, head of development for DreamWorks Animation. "I am thrilled that Conrad is joining forces with them on the first animated feature film adaptation of their work."

"Over the past year I've had the privilege of working with and getting to know Sid and Marty and I thought their brand of crazy kookiness would work well at DreamWorks Animation," added Vernon.

Lidsville will take inspiration from the premise of the original television series, in which a young rebellious kid falls into an alternate reality world of living hats and talking caps. The Los Angeles public TV station KCET Kids & Family Channel recently announced that it will feature the "Lidsville" television series in an all-new "The Sid & Marty Krofft Hour" together with H.R. Pufnstuf during its weekend programming block on Saturday and Sunday mornings from 9:30-10:30 a.m.

Read more: DreamWorks Animation to Adapt Sid & Marty Krofft's Lidsville - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.p...4#ixzz1DCah1pHG

Messaggio modificato da Scissorhands il 6/2/2011, 18:47

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Scissorhands
messaggio 14/2/2011, 1:36
Messaggio #90

Gold Member

Mr Men (Blue Sky)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/fox-...-animated-97252

Fox Sets 'Mr. Men' Animated Feature With Producer Shawn Levy (EXCLUSIVE)
8:56 PM 2/7/2011 by Pamela McClintock

* Comments

The Mr. Men Show
UPDATED: Roger Hargreaves' children's books will receive big-screen treatment.

Twentieth Century Fox Animation is teaming with producer Shawn Levy on a big-screen adaptation of British author Roger Hargreaves’ beloved Mr. Men illustrated children's books.

Levy produces through his Fox-based 21 Laps Entertainment. There’s no writer or director yet attached to the project.

Hargreaves wrote 48 Mr. Men books, each of which featured a new character with a dominant trait -- such as Mr. Tickle, Mr. Happy, Mr. Greedy and Mr. Nosey.

The first six titles were published in 1971. Hargreaves’ colorfully drawn characters made the stories famous, with more than 100 million copies sold worldwide in 28 countries.

Hargreaves’ Mr. Men books have been adapted into four animated television series, including Renegade Animation’s The Mr. Men Show, which aired in the U.S. on the Cartoon Network and in the U.K. on Channel Five in 2008 and 2009.

Fox Animation, headed by Vanessa Morrison, is next in theaters with the Jesse Eisenberg-Anne Hathaway voiced Rio, which bows April 15.

Levy is repped by WME.

Correction: An early version of this story said that David Heyman will also produce Mr. Men, but Heyman will not produce.

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
-kekkomon-
messaggio 9/3/2011, 21:45
Messaggio #91

Utente

Ecco i prossimi film DreamWorks:
Kung Fu Panda 2 - 26 maggio 2011
Diretto da Jennifer Yuh, questo sequel sarà doppiato da Jack Black, Angelina Jolie, Seth Rogen, Lucy Liu, David Cross e Dustin Hoffman, assieme a Gary Oldman, Jean Claude Van Damme, Michelle Yeoh e Victor Garber.
Po sta vivendo il suo sogno come Guerriero Dragone, proteggendo la Valle della Pace assieme ai suoi amici e maestri di kung fu, i Cinque Cicloni - Tigre, Gru, Mantide, Vipera e Scimmia. Ma la nuova vita di Po viene minacciata dall'emergenza di un formidabile villain, che progetta di utilizzare un'arma segreta e inarrestabile per conquistare la Cina e distruggere il Kung Fu.

Il Gatto con gli Stivali - 4 novembre 2011
Il film di Chris Miller, "spinoff" della saga di Shrek, sarà doppiato da Antonio Banderas, Salma Hayek, Zach Galifianakis, Billy Bob Thornton e Amy Sedaris.
Le spade si incroceranno e i cuori si spezzeranno in questa avventura con protagonista uno dei personaggi più amati dell'universo di Shrek: il gatto con gli stivali. Si tratta di una corsa spericolata attraverso le origini del personaggio, quando si allea con Humpty Dumpty e con Kitty (Salma Hayek) per rubare la famosa Oca dalle Uova d'Oro.

Madagascar 3 - 8 giugno 2012
Diretto da Eric Darnell (Madagascar, Madagascar 2) e scritto da Noah Baumbach (Fantastic Mr. Fox), questo sequel vede il ritorno di Ben Stiller (Alex), Chris Rock (Marty), David Schwimmer (Gloria), Jada Pinkett Smith (Melman), Sacha Baron Cohen, Cedric The Entertainer e Andy Richter, ancora in lotta per riuscire a tornare nel loro amato zoo della Grande Mela. Ma il loro viaggio li porterà attraverso l'Europa dove troveranno una copertura ideale: un circo ambluante, che loro reinventeranno in stile Madagacar.

Rise of the Guardians - 21 novembre 2012

Basata sul libro di prossima uscita scritto da William Joyce, questa avventura intrigante sarà diretta da Peter Ramsey (Monsters vs. Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins from Outer Space) e da Joyce stesso. Chris Pine, Alec Baldwin, Hugh Jackman, Isla Fisher e Jude Law saranno le voci di una collezione di noti personaggi leggendari per ragazzi, riunite in un avventura epica che racconta la storia di un gruppo di eroi - ognuno con delle capacità straordinarie. Quando uno spirito malvagio, conosciuto come Pitch, tenta di conquistare il mondo, gli immortali Guardiani devono unire le forze per la prima volta, per difendere le speranze, le credenze e l'immaginazione dei bambini di tutto il mondo.

The Croods - 1 marzo 2013
Scritta e diretta dal due volte nominato agli Oscar Chris Sanders (Dragon Trainer, Lilo & Stitch) e Kirk DeMicco (Space Chimps), questa commedia ci riporta indietro in un'era mai esplorata nella storia del nostro pianeta, il "Croodaceous", quando la natura si stava ancora formando ed era piena di creature e paesaggi mai visti prima. The Croods, una famiglia introversa, si ritrova guidata, fuori dalla propria caverna nel mondo dinamico, da un nuovo arrivato pieno di risorse, che potrebbe portare più stress che sollievo al patriarca della famiglia. Nicolas Cage, Ryan Reynolds, Emma Stone, Catherine Keener, Clark Duke e Cloris Leachman saranno i doppiatori.

Turbo - 7 giugno 2013
Diretto da David Soren (Merry Madagascar), Turbo racconta la storia di una lumaca da giardino con un sogno impossibile: diventare la lumaca più veloce al mondo. Quando uno strano incidente gli da la straordinaria velocità, Turbo ha intenzione di realizzare il suo sogno. Non sono stati ancora annunciati doppiatori.

Me and My Shadow - 8 novembre 2013
Mescolando CGi e animazione classica, Mark Dindal (Chicken Little, Le Follie dell'Imperatore) dirige un film che racconta la storia di Shadow Stan, un'ombra estremamente frustrata che desidera ardentemente una vita più dinamica, ma che è bloccata con Stanley Grubb, l'uomo più noioso del mondo. E finalmente Shadow Stan riuscirà a infrangere la singolare regola del mondo delle ombre – "loro conducono, noi seguiamo" – e prende il controllo di Stanley! Non sono stati ancora annunciati doppiatori.

Mr. Peabody & Sherman - 21 marzo 2014
Diretto da Rob Minkoff (Stuart Little, Il Re Leone) e basato sui corti animati della serie "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show", il film segue le vicende di Mr. Peabody (doppiato da Robert Downey, Jr.), la persona più alla moda del mondo. Lui e il suo coccolatissimo figlio, Sherman, scoprono che qualcuno ha rubato la loro macchina del tempo WABAC, cambiando i momenti della storia con risultati comici e disastrosi. Spetterà a questa incredibile coppia tentare in qualche modo di fermare il cattivo, prima che le sue azioni distruggano il continuum spazio-temporale.

Dragon Trainer 2 - 20 giugno 2014
Diretto e scritto da Dean DeBlois (Dragon Trainer) il sequel vede il ritorno al doppiaggio di Jay Baruchel, Gerard Butler, Craig Ferguson, America Ferrera, Jonah Hill, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, TJ Miller e Kristen Wiig. La storia di questo attesissimo sequel non è stata ancora svelata.

FONTE: BadTaste

Messaggio modificato da kekkomon il 9/3/2011, 21:46

+Quote Post
Beast
messaggio 10/3/2011, 10:57
Messaggio #92

Gold Member

2011 e 2012 da vomito con sequel a iosa sick.gif, mentre il 2013 sembra molto interessante (purtroppo diavoletto.gif) con il ritorno di Sanders e My and My Shadow. A proposito, non vi scende una lacrimuccia a leggere questo estratto della descrizione del film (lo metto in inglese perché mi sembra più d'effetto):

CITAZIONE
In Me and My Shadow, which will be released on November 8, 2013, the studio will pioneer a groundbreaking combination of both CG and traditional animation techniques seamlessly together throughout the film.

A me ricorda tanto quello che si diceva di Rapunzel, invece ora saranno loro a farlo. not.gif

Qualche altra considerazione:
- è impressionante vedere quanti nomi provienienti dalla Disney ci siano a capo di questi film;
- sembrano voler curare di più i sequel, visto che per lasceranno a DeBlois più 4 anni per lavorare a Dragon Trainer 2;
- sono molto curioso di sapere cosa presenterà la Pixar contro Sanders e Me and My Shadow nel 2013.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Claudio
messaggio 10/3/2011, 17:25
Messaggio #93

Gold Member

quanti film!!! a parte i sequel, sono curiosissimo di guardians ,the croods e me and my shadows

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Beast
messaggio 30/3/2011, 14:23
Messaggio #94

Gold Member

Untitled Madagascar Penguins spinoff (Dreamworks Animation)

DreamWorks Developing 'Madagascar' Penguins Spinoff Movie (Exclusive)

DreamWorks Animation"Megamind" scribes Alan J. Schoolcraft and Brent Simons tapped to pen the project.
The penguins of DreamWorks Animation's Madagascar movie fame are graduating to their own feature film.

Alan J. Schoolcraft and Brent Simons, the writers behind DWA's Will Ferrell-voiced Megamind, have been tapped to tackle the project, which will feature the paramilitary parables of plucky penguins Skipper, Kowalski, Private and Rico.

The four paramilitary avians from Antarctica are secondary but scene-stealing characters in the Madagascar movies, the third of which is scheduled to hit theaters in 2012. In a sign of the foursome's fanning fashionability, when the first movie hit Blu-ray, "The Madagascar Penguins in a Christmas Caper," an animated short featuring the penguins,was one of the extras.

The characters were also spun off in a CGI-animated TV show titled The Penguins of Madagascar that aired on Nickelodeon; it finished 2010 as the second most-watched animated show behind SpongeBob SquarePants amongst ages 2-11. The show is now in its second season.

No release date has been set for the feature, which at this stage has no director (or, in the case of many animated films, co-directors). Schoolcraft and Simons will develop the story and write the script.

Megamind, which was Schoolcraft and Simon's first produced script, grossed over $319 million worldwide. It began life as a spec titled Mastermind intended to be a live-action film but was later reconfigured when DWA bought it as the company's first spec script.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/drea...-spinoff-172353

Uno spin-off per i Pinguini di Madagascar
Gli sceneggiatori di Megamind, Alan J. Schoolcraft e Brent Simons, scriveranno per la Dreamworks Animation la sceneggiatura dello spin-off dedicato ai Pinguini di Madagascar...

I celebri pinguini della fortunata serie Madagascar torneranno in un film tutto loro: la Dreamworks Animation ha affidato ad Alan J. Schoolcraft e Brent Simons, sceneggiatori di Megamind, il compito di sviluppare e scrivere la sceneggiatura dello spin-off, in cui i paramilitari e impavidi pinguini Skipper, Kowalski, Soldato e Rico saranno protagonisti assoluti.

I quattro pinguini sono già apparsi nei primi due film di Madagascar, torneranno anche nel terzo capitolo in arrivo nel 2012 e sono stati protagonisti di un corto animato "Pinguini di Madagascar in Missione Natale" e della serie animata in CGI trasmessa su Nickelodeon, rivelatasi la serie più vista, dopo Spongebob, dai bambini tra i 2 e gli 11 anni.

Al momento non è stata fissata una data di uscita e non ci sono registi legati al progetto.

http://www.badtaste.it/index.php?option=co...8&Itemid=37

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Claudio
messaggio 30/3/2011, 14:32
Messaggio #95

Gold Member

ma quanti titoli in lavorazione o in futuro hanno questi della Dreamworks??
come per il gatto con gli stivali anche il sequel dei pinguini ..speriamo sia bello...
gatto e pinguini sono personaggi ben riusciti, e loro li stanno sfruttando al massimo... speriamo vengano fuori bene ...

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Mario
messaggio 30/3/2011, 14:38
Messaggio #96

Millennium Member

Da: Corato (Ba)

Cioè, no, scusate... la Dreamworks sta facendo uscire quasi 3 film d'animazione all'anno e la Disney che fa???? Fa uscire il suasso nella manica... WINNIE THE POOH??!!? Lo sterminatore dei boxoffice!!??!! Qui c'è da mettersi le mani ai capelli!!! Ma a questo punto sapete che vi dico?? Spero che la Disney chiuda gli studios, visto che non hanno più voglia di fare le cose sul serio!!!!! ranting.gif CHE VERGOGNA!!!!!!

Messaggio modificato da Mario il 30/3/2011, 14:39

User's Signature

+Quote Post

11 Pagine V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
13 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (13 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 28/3/2024, 19:00