Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Princess Diary 3, Walt Disney Pictures
Simba88
messaggio 15/3/2016, 21:48
Messaggio #1

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore
Da: Terre del branco

Pretty Princess: Anne Hathaway e Garry Marshall pronti per un terzo film?

È a People che il regista Garry Marshall rivela che Anne Hathaway potrebbe tornare in un terzo episodio di Pretty Princess (The Princess Diaries).

Il regista spiega di averne parlato con l’attrice premio Oscar, attualmente in dolce attesa:

"Un paio di settimane fa stavo parlando con Anne Hataway, a quanto pare vogliamo girare Pretty Princess 3, ambientato a Manhattan. Anne è molto incinta, quindi dovremo aspettare che abbia il bambino… poi penso che lo faremo."

Sulla possibilità che Chris Pine torni nei panni di Lord Nicholas Devereayx il regista sembra possibilista:

"Forse… è molto famoso, ora, sapete. Ma gli sto simpatico, sapete perché? Perché suo padre è in Mother’s Day!"

Mother’s Day, il nuovo film di Mashall, uscirà tra qualche settimana e in effetti vede nel cast Robert Pine.

Uscito nel 2001, Pretty Princess incassò 165 milioni di dollari in tutto il mondo ed ebbe un sequel nel 2004 che incassò 134 milioni in tutto il mondo.

Fonte: Badtaste.it

http://www.badtaste.it/2016/03/15/pretty-p...-pronti/164681/

User's Signature

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
I seguenti utenti hanno apprezzato questo post:
Scissorhands
messaggio 16/3/2016, 0:10
Messaggio #2

Gold Member

Da: Campobasso/Angers

Sequel ben gradito.... ho sempre pensato che bisognasse dare una conclusione a questo franchise!

User's Signature

thanks to giagia

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 26/1/2019, 18:06
Messaggio #3

Gold Member

Da Inside the Magic

Anne Hathaway confirms “The Princess Diaries 3” is in the works

Shut up! Anne Hathaway just confirmed that a third “Princess Diaries” film is in the works, and we may not have to wait too much longer before Princess Mia and Queen Clarisse are reunited on the big screen.

It’s been well over a decade (15 years, to be exact) since “The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement,” the sequel to “The Princess Diaries,” hit theaters, and we’ve been waiting for a third film ever since. Hathaway stole our hearts with her relatable personality when she portrayed Mia Thermopolis onscreen (fans of the bestselling book series by Meg Cabot would agree), and Julie Andrews as Queen Clarisse Renaldi was the grandma we all always wanted. It’s no wonder fans have been begging for a third movie for years. And now, we may be getting our wish come true.

Hathaway spilled some details regarding a third film while interviewing with Andy Cohen on “Watch What Happens Live.” In the interview, a fan asked if Hathaway knew anything about “The Princess Diaries 3” since the author of the book series already revealed that there is a script for a third film.

“There is a script for a third movie,” Hathaway said. “There is a script. I want to do it, Julie [Andrews] wants to do it, Debra Martin Chase, our producer, wants to do it. We all really want it to happen, it’s just we don’t want to do it unless it’s perfect, because we love it just as much as you guys love it. It’s as important to us as it is to you. And we don’t want to deliver anything until it’s ready, but we’re working on it.”

That’s all we know about the film so far, but if you’re a longtime fan of the films and books, this news is sure to bring as big of a smile to your face as it does to Hathaway’s in the interview. Disney has yet to confirm a third movie in the “Princess Diaries” series, but this is one sequel we know we’ll be lining up to see. We hope an announcement will come soon!

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 15/11/2022, 23:39
Messaggio #4

Gold Member

Dal sito The Hollywood Reporter:

New ‘Princess Diaries’ Movie in the Works at Disney (Exclusive)

'Reacher' and 'Quantum Leap' scribe Aadrita Mukerji is penning the script with franchise veteran Debra Martin Chase returning to produce.

Disney is returning to the world of The Princess Diaries.

Aadrita Mukerji is penning a script for a new installment for Disney, which sources say is a continuation of the Anne Hathaway-led series of films rather than a reboot.

Hathaway does not have a deal to return, according to sources, but she has publicly stated her support for a third installment, and the hope is she would return should the potential new film move forward beyond the script stage.

Hathaway starred in 2001’s The Princess Diaries as an American teenager who learns she is heir to the throne of the European kingdom of Genovia. Based on Meg Cabot’s novel, the film also starred Julie Andrews and become a box office hit, earning $165.3 million globally. Hathaway returned for 2004’s Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement, which brought in $134.7 million globally. Late filmmaker Garry Marshall directed both installments, which remain pop culture touchstones.

Debra Martin Chase, who produced the first two Princess Diaries, is producing the new film. Melissa Stack, the screenwriter behind the Cameron Diaz comedy The Other Woman and the 2020 Disney+ feature Godmothered, is executive producing.

Screenwriter Mukerji comes from the world of television, where she has worked on Supergirl, Scorpion, Reacher and Quantum Leap.

Mukerji is repped by TFC Management and Felzer Toczek. Chase is repped by CAA and Del Shaw. Stack is repped by CAA, Kaplan/Perrone and Hanson Jacobson.

Dal sito Variety:

‘Princess Diaries 3’ in the Works at Disney, Anne Hathaway Not Yet Confirmed

Disney is returning to Genovia for a third “Princess Diaries” movie.

It’s not clear whether Anne Hathaway will reprise her role as the down-to-earth royal Mia Thermopolis in the new installment, which is being written by Aadrita Mukerji (“Reacher,” “Supergirl”). However, Hathaway recently expressed her interest in returning — with her on-screen grandmother Julie Andrews, who played the posh Queen Clarisse Renaldi — to the franchise that turned her into a star.

“I would more than entertain it, I’m pulling for it,” Hathaway told Entertainment Tonight. “If there’s any way to get Julie Andrews involved, I think we would make it work.”

Andrews’ involvement in “The Princess Diaries 3” is similarly ambiguous. Plot details haven’t been confirmed, but the threequel is expected to continue the story in “The Princess Diaries” and the sequel “Royal Engagement” rather than rebooting the series.

Directed by the late Garry Marshall and based on the novel by Meg Cabot, 2001’s “The Princess Diaries” follows an awkward American teenager who learns she’s the heir to the throne of the European kingdom of Genovia. Mandy Moore as mean girl cheerleader Lana Thomas and Sandra Oh as vice principal Gupta, also had memorable roles in the original film. Despite mixed reviews, the family film became a box office hit with $165 million in global ticket sales. The follow-up film, which was also directed by Marshall and introduced the world to Chris Pine, was equally successful in theaters with $134 million worldwide.

Given the enduring popularity of “The Princess Diaries,” rumors have long been circulating about a third installment. But this is Disney’s biggest attempt yet to transport audiences back to the royal world of Genovia. As Mia Thermopolis would say, “miracles happen once in a while, when you believe.”

The Hollywood Reporter first reported the news about “The Princess Diaries 3.”

Maggiori dettagli dal sito DeadLine :

‘The Princess Diaries’ Threequel Written By Aadrita Mukerji In Works At Disney

A third Princess Diaries film penned by Aadrita Mukerji (Reacher, Supergirl) is in the works at Disney, Deadline can confirm.

Two-time Emmy nominee Debra Martin Chase will return to produce the new film after working on both past installments, with Melissa K. Stack — who scripted the comedy The Other Woman with Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann and Kate Upton — to serve as executive producer.

The Princess Diaries is a coming-of-age comedy based on the popular novel series by Meg Cabot, which Disney released in 2001. Pic tells the story of Mia Thermopolis (Anne Hathaway), a San Francisco teenager who comes to discover she is the heir apparent to the throne of Genovia. Julie Andrews co-starred in both that film and the 2004 sequel The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement as Mia’s grandmother and Genovia’s Queen regent, Clarisse Renaldi, with the two big-screen releases collectively grossing over $299 worldwide. The late Garry Marshall directed both films — working from scripts by Gina Wendkos for the original and Shonda Rhimes for the sequel.

Details as to the threequel’s plot and the involvement of Hathaway and Andrews are currently under wraps. But the new film is understood to be a continuation of past story, rather than a reboot — and Hathaway has confirmed her interest in reteaming with the Mary Poppins Oscar winner, as recently as last month. “I would more than entertain it, I’m pulling for it,” she told Entertainment Tonight while promoting her new film, Armageddon Time. “If there’s any way to get Julie Andrews involved, I think we would make it work. We would go to where she was and put a green screen behind her and just make it happen.”

Today’s Princess Diary news was first reported by The Hollywood Reporter.

Mukerji is repped by The Framework Collective; Chase by CAA and Del Shaaw Moonves; and Stack by CAA, Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment and Hansen, Jacobson, Teller.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
GayFairytale
messaggio 16/11/2022, 22:12
Messaggio #5

Top Member

Gruppo: Utente
Da: Barletta

Potremmo anche farne a meno
Adoro i due film ma sono passati davvero troppi anni per un terzo capitolo, il finale del secondo film con l'incoronazione di Mia era la giusta conclusione
Senza contare l'immancabile dose di politicamente corretto che ci sarà: Mia lascia Nicholas perché capisce che non ha bisogno di un uomo e diventa un acida Mary Sue inviperita che pensa solo a fare politica

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 17/11/2022, 0:09
Messaggio #6

Gold Member

ma non pensiamo arrivino a fare una rottura del fidanzamento di Mia e Nicholas...
probabilmente sarà incentrato sulla figlia di Mia...

User's Signature

+Quote Post
Daydreamer
messaggio 17/11/2022, 17:23
Messaggio #7

Gold Member

Figlia che sarà probabilmente adottata o similis e etnica?

+Quote Post
Under the sea
messaggio 17/11/2022, 19:05
Messaggio #8

Top Member

Gruppo: Utente

Ma se non sbaglio, qualche tempo fa,non c'era un rumor/notizia su una possibile sorella segreta etnica di mia termopolis?
Ricordo una cosa simile

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 12/12/2022, 23:08
Messaggio #9

Gold Member

Julie Andrews parla del film!

Dal sito The Hollywood Reporter:

Julie Andrews Says Starring in New ‘Princess Diaries’ Movie “Probably Not Going to Be Possible”

'The Sound of Music' actress' comments come after The Hollywood Reporter reported that a script is being written for a third installment of the franchise for Disney.

Julie Andrews is sharing her thoughts on a potential role in the third Princess Diaries.

In an interview with Access Hollywood on Tuesday, The Sound of Music actress addressed whether she would appear in this installment in one of her first public comments since the project was announced as being in development. In the first two films, Andrews played Queen Clarisse Renaldi, the grandmother of Anne Hathaway’s character, Mia Thermopolis.

“I think we know that it’s probably not going to be possible. It was talked about very shortly after two [The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement] came out, but it’s now how many years since then? And I am that much older and Annie the princess, or queen, is so much older. And I am not sure where it would float or run,” Andrews said. “In terms of us doing it, I doubt that now.”

In November, The Hollywood Reporter broke the news that Aadrita Mukerji is writing a script for a new installment of Princess Diaries for Disney. According to sources, the movie is a continuation of the series of films that Hathaway starred in rather than a reboot.

THR reported that sources say Hathaway does not have a deal to return to the franchise but hope she would return if the film moves forward. In the past, the Les Misérables actress has shared her support publicly for a third film.

This isn’t the first time Andrews has expressed her thoughts about returning to the Princess Diaries franchise. In 2019, during a visit to Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen, the Mary Poppins star responded to rumors surrounding the potential film, saying, “The truth is I haven’t heard. There’s been talk about it for quite a while.”

More recently, in June 2022, Andrews spoke to THR ahead of receiving the AFI Life Achievement Award, calling her return a “lovely thought.”

But when asked if she would want to revisit the franchise, she said, “I think it would be too late to do it now. There was talk of a sequel many, many years ago. But I don’t think it ever came to pass. And Garry then did leave us. [Marshall died in 2016.] [For] especially me, it’s too far down the line now to go back to it.”

For the new film, Debra Martin Chase is returning to produce after working on the first two Princess Diaries. Melissa Stack, screenwriter for The Other Woman and Godmothered, is executive producing.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 3/5/2023, 23:13
Messaggio #10

Gold Member

Zendaya protagonista del film?

Secondo Daniel Richtman vi sono trattative in corso...

Dal sito The Disinsider:

RUMOR: Disney Eyeing Zendaya For ‘Princess Diaries 3’ Role

It’s been nearly 6 months since Disney revealed that a third entry in its Princess Diaries franchise was in the works. While original co-star Julie Andrews has expressed uncertainty about her return, we’ve come across a new rumor that sheds light on the film’s potential plot.

According to industry insider Daniel RPK, the third film will see Anne Hathaway’s Mia Thermopolis from the first two films become Queen of the fictional European kingdom of Genovia. He revealed the news via his exclusive Patreon account.

Now, that’s not to necessarily say that Andrews’ character would be killed off. After all, not every leader stays in power until they die. But that’s besides point. For a series titled The Princess Diaries, Mia’s ascension to the thrown obviously creates the need for a new princess. That’s where the second part of the rumor comes into play.

RPK also alleges that there will be a brand new princess in the film. He states that the character will be biracial AND that Disney is currently eyeing Zendaya for the role.

It’s unclear if any talks have happened and, with Zendaya busy with so many other projects, it’s not a guarantee she’ll star in the film. Still, the news should give fans an idea of what to expect from the highly anticipated sequel.

As always, because the news has yet to be confirmed by Disney or reported on by a major trade, we urge you to take it with a grain of salt. But we’d love to hear your thoughts on these new details and Zendaya’s potential casting below!

A few years back talks of a Disney+ spinoff were planned and centered around Mia’s half-sister. It is unknown if this new film will pull from the now-canceled spinoff.

Aadrita Mukerji (Reacher, Supergirl) is currently writing The Princess Diaries 3. My guess is like Hocus Pocus 2 and Disenchanted, this film will be exclusive to Disney+, but that has yet to be confirmed at this time. Sadly the original Director Garry Marshall passed away a few years ago so the search for a new director to tackle the project is underway.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 9/7/2023, 13:33
Messaggio #11

Gold Member

Da The Hollywood Reporter:

Sandra Oh Says She Wants to Return for New ‘Princess Diaries’ Movie: “I Am Ready for the Queen”

The actress starred as Vice Principal Gupta in the 2001 film with Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews.

Sandra Oh would love to reprise her role as Vice Principal Gupta in the third installment of The Princess Diaries, which is currently in development.

During an interview with Entertainment Weekly, posted online Friday, the actress had a message for the film’s creative team about a potential return: “I am ready for the Queen. Call me! I’m dying to see how Gupta has moved up in the world.”

Last year, The Hollywood Reporter exclusively reported that a new Princess Diaries movie was in the works at Disney. Anne Hathaway has previously expressed her support publicly for a third installment, but sources at the time said she did not have a deal to return to the franchise and the hope is that she would return for the new film if it moves past the script.

As for if Julia Andrews would reprise her role as Queen Clarisse Renaldi, she said in an interview last year that “it’s probably not going to be possible.”

Although the Grey’s Anatomy star did not confirm if anyone from the film’s team has reached out to her, she did address her infamous line from the 2001 movie when she learns the Queen is coming to the high school.

In the viral scene, Oh’s character is revealing to Hathaway’s Mia that the media has gone into a frenzy after it was leaked that she is a princess. As she is explaining everything that is happening, she gets a call in her office and proceeds to answer, saying, “Gupta. Uh huh. Uh huh. Uh huh. The Queen is coming.”

While Oh said she has “no idea” why the line became so popular across social media, the actress did recall an instance when she was surprised a person from a younger generation said the line to her in public.

“I feel it’s like your generation that hit when you were all very young,” Oh explained. “I remember it was like 2015, I was walking down the street in Chicago, and there [was] a young person, who at that point in 2015, was not my usual demographic, which was like a college-aged, straight white guy. He passed me and then he ran back up to me and did the line: ‘Uh huh. Uh huh. Uh huh. The Queen is coming.'”

“I was like, ‘Who is this 20-year-old frat boy?'” she quipped. “He was coming up to me doing that line.”

As for Princess Diaries 3, most details have been kept under wraps. But Aadrita Mukerji has been tapped to pen the script for the new installment, which sources said is a continuation of the previous two films rather than a reboot. Franchise veteran Debra Martin Chase is also returning to produce and Melissa Stack is executive producing.

User's Signature

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (1 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 28/3/2024, 22:31