Benvenuto Visitatore ( Log In | Registrati )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> La Bella e la Bestia - Il Musical
veu
messaggio 4/9/2021, 22:36
Messaggio #1

Gold Member

Gruppo: Moderatore

E' in programma il revival del musical de La Bella e la Bestia.

Dal sito Playbill del 24 aprile 2019:

Broadway Revival of Beauty and the Beast in the Works

Disney Theatrical Productions will revisit the show that kicked off Disney’s reign on Broadway 25 years ago.

o mark 25 years on the Great White Way, Disney Theatrical Productions will retell a tale as old as time in its first ever Broadway revival.

Beauty and the Beast, the first Disney title to be adapted into a Broadway musical, is poised to return to the New York stage. The announcement arrives on the heels of the show’s 25th anniversary; it first opened at the Palace Theatre April 18, 1994 and went on to run for nearly 13 years.

Disney Theatrical Productions President Thomas Schumacher teased the plans on ABC News, though opted not to reveal any additional details, including a theatre or production timeline. “But I’m deep in it,” he assured, “so yeah, it’s happening.”

The show ushered in Disney’s consistent claim on a leading spot on the box office boards, though the company’s theatrical success was perhaps not as widely acknowledged back then. “It’s absolutely true that when Beauty opened,” Schumacher says, “much of the artistry of putting it together and the business of it was not nearly as respected as it is today.”

The company currently has three shows on Broadway: recent arrival Frozen, Aladdin, and The Lion King, which reigns as the highest-grossing entertainment property in the world.

Featuring a book by Linda Woolverton, the show expands the 1991 animated film’s score, penned by Alan Menken and the late Howard Ashman (the two having won an Oscar for the title song), with Menken teaming up with Tim Rice to create new songs specifically for the stage adaptation.

Da Youtube:

Q: You're doing a revival of Beauty and the Beast?

Thomas Schumacher: You can't keep a secret because you know how many people it takes to work on a show? I'm not announcing location or time but I'm deep in it so yeah, it's happening.

Da Youtube:

Thomas Schumacher: We are reviving Aida. We're working on it right now and we're deep into that. We're really deep into Princess Bride which is really big. We're doing a big revival of Beauty and the Beast. Certainly Princess Bride is of the big new titles and that's all I'm going to tell you.

Da Broadway:

Thomas Schumacher: It’s been 25 years since Beauty and the Beast opened on Broadway—we obviously weren’t the first people to do a family musical. Certain generations would say, ‘Oh, the first musical I saw was The King and I’ or ‘The Sound of Music’ or ‘Annie.’ Beauty and the Beast brought a very different audience than what people were expecting on Broadway. It was both a date night show and a kids' show. We’re working on a revival of it with the entire original team but with a completely new design for every element: new dance arrangements, whole new staging ideas. It’s really fun for that team to be able to dive back in.

Da Variety:

Thomas Schumacher: We're going to revive Beauty. We will design an entirely new production. It'll look very different. I'll be slightly altered in text and everything else that we will then open and be able to do...

Q: ...here on Broadway.

Thomas Schumacher: Actually, it will not open on Broadway; it'll open someplace else.

Q: Do you anticipate it arriving on Broadway at some point?

Thomas Schumacher: We never announce our plans. I have a group of extraordinary artists working on it, so Rob Roth, Stan Meyer, Matt West, Ann Hould-Ward—all of who created the original production, just presented a really glorious re-conception of what the show could be. I went to them and said I have this idea 'what if we all came back together and did this?' The original production's goal was to very much emulate the original film. To make things look like the film looked. But we're now free from that. It's 25 years later but more importantly the audience is so sophisticated 'cause they've done so many of their own versions that we can re-invent it. There's a whole, completely different concept for how we're going to deliver it and there's new dance arrangements and new concepts.

Dal sito Playbill del 15 ottobre 2019:

Disney Plans Beauty and the Beast International Production

Dal sito New York Times del 14 maggio 2020:

He outlined a number of newish projects for the company, none of them aimed at Broadway. A new production of “Beauty and the Beast,” with the same creative team that worked on the 1994 original, is slated to open overseas next spring and in the United States in 2022, and the company is working on a new, smaller, touring production of “Aladdin.”

Dal sito LaughingPlace del 2 luglio 2020, intervista a Linda Woolverton, autrice del libretto:

“We’re doing a whole new version of it,” Linda Woolverton broke the news during the Q&A that Disney is bringing Beauty and the Beast back to the stage, but it’s not just your typical revival. “They brought back the original team and we’re reimagining the show, redesigning and reconceptualizing many things and basically doing another version. Which has really been fun for me because there are cringe moments for me that I get to fix now.”

Dal sito Broadway World del 10 settembre 2020:

Original Broadway Creatives At Work On BEAUTY AND THE BEAST UK/Ireland Tour

Everyone's favorite tale as old as time will be hitting the road in Europe in 2021!

It was officially announced today that Disney Theatricals is currently at work on a production of Beauty and the Beast which will tour the UK and Ireland in May 2021. The tour will launch with a five week run at Curve Leicester.

The original creative team from the Broadway production has signed on for the project. Casting is currently underway.

Reports of the tour surfaced in 2019, along with the news that the production will feature new designs and dance arrangements, despite having the original creatives attached.

Beauty and the Beast was the inaugural production of Disney Theatrical Productions. It played a remarkable 13 year run on Broadway and has been produced in 37 countries worldwide.

Adapted from Walt Disney Pictures' Academy Award-winning 1991 animated musical film of the same name Beauty and the Beast is a musical with music by Alan Menken, lyrics by Howard Ashman and Tim Rice, and book by Linda Woolverton. It tells the story of a cold-blooded prince who has been magically transformed into an unsightly creature as punishment for his selfish ways. To revert into his true human form, the Beast must first learn to love a bright, beautiful young woman whom he has imprisoned in his enchanted castle before it is too late.

Dal sito Backstage del 19 settembre 2020:

To celebrate the 25th anniversary, from the producers of The Lion King, Mary Poppins, Aladdin, and Frozen comes a revival of the most enchanted musical of all time, Beauty And The Beast. Note that in this production the playing age of the cast is substantially younger than that of the original. We strongly encourage all cultural, religious, racial and ethnic backgrounds to attend. Auditions begin w/c 28th September with finals w/c 2nd November 2020 in London.

Dal sito Theatre Fan del 7 ottobre 2020:

RUMOUR – DISNEY’S BEAUTY AND THE BEAST TO PLAY LONDON PALLADIUM – CHRISTMAS 2021

The recently announced UK & Ireland tour of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast will reportedly play the London Palladium – Christmas 2021, it is rumoured.

The highly anticipated production was rumoured to transfer to the West End sometime in 2022 by Daily Mail’s Baz Bamigboye but a trusted source has stated the show will play a season at the London Palladium for Christmas 2021.

The tour will start from May 2021, beginning with a 5-week run at the ⁦Curve Leicester⁩.

Producers Disney Theatrical have confirmed the original Broadway creative team is set to return, led by director Robert Jesse Roth and choreographer Matt West, bringing new designs and choreography to the tale as old as time.

Beauty and the Beast is a musical with music by Alan Menken, lyrics by Howard Ashman and Tim Rice, and book by Linda Woolverton. Adapted from Walt Disney Pictures’ Academy Award-winning 1991 animated musical film of the same name.

This is definitely an interesting rumour. If Beauty and the Beast plays the London Palladium over Christmas, that means there won’t be a Panto playing at the Palladium next year, which would be highly unusual, given how successful they’ve been the last couple of years. I’m intrigued to see how this plays out, if true.

Dal sito Walt Disney Company:

Be Our Guest at the Most Enchanted Musical of All Time

UK & Ireland Tour opens in Leicester, May 2021

Spectacular new designs and state-of-the-art technology to fuse with the classic story, bringing beloved tale to new life

New production reunites the original Broadway creative team

Iconic songs include Belle, Be Our Guest and Beauty and the Beast

For priority sign up and more information, see www.beautyandthebeastmusical.co.uk

Disney’s beloved Olivier Award-winning stage musical Beauty and the Beast is to be re-imagined and re-designed in a completely new production staged by the original award-winning creative team, and will open a UK & Ireland Tour in May 2021.

Performances will begin at Leicester Curve on Tuesday 25 May 2021, with other engagements also announced today in Dublin, Bristol, Liverpool and Edinburgh.

The General On-Sale will follow from Thursday 26 November 2020. Customers can sign up to be amongst the first to access tickets and can find all tour dates and information at www.beautyandthebeastmusical.co.uk

Spectacularly reimagined in startling new designs which will use the latest theatrical innovations, this beloved ‘tale as old as time’ will be brought to life on stage like never before, with all the charm and elegance audiences expect from Belle and her Beast.

Rob Roth, a Tony-nominee for the original production, will again direct, leading a team that includes composer Alan Menken, lyricist Tim Rice, bookwriter Linda Woolverton, choreographer Matt West, scenic designer Stan Meyer, costume designer Ann Hould-Ward and lighting designer Natasha Katz. The team collectively received five Tony nominations and a win for Hould-Ward’s costume design, when Disney first debuted Beauty and the Beast on Broadway 26 years ago.

Alan Menken said:

“Beauty and the Beast is a testament to the genius of my late friend and collaborator Howard Ashman, but the show’s richness comes from the combination of Howard’s style and that of the brilliant Tim Rice, with whom I expanded the score to give voice to the Beast,” said eight-time Oscar winning composer Alan Menken. “It’s clear that audiences the world over want to return to the world of Beauty, which continues to amaze and humble those of us who created it. As the show returns to the UK, I cannot wait to see how Rob Roth and this glorious creative team bring the whole universe of Beauty and the Beast to life once again.”

Tim Rice said:

“Beauty and the Beast is a story and a show which resonates through generations, and it was a great pleasure to work with Alan to expand the score he and the brilliant Howard Ashman first created. I am thrilled that there will be a brand new production and that the newest theatrical wizardry will bring another layer of magic to the tale. It is great that the UK will host the premiere of the new production, as this country has always enjoyed a special affinity with the show”.

Linda Woolverton said:

“I’ve found it so gratifying to have the liberty to go back in and tinker with the original book. I’ve trimmed, thrown out, re-conceived and spruced it up. I also made changes to the dialogue with an eye to gender equality and progressive cultural awareness. But Belle is still the intellectual feminist heroine she’s always been.

Rob Roth said:

“I am so excited to premiere this new production of Beauty in the UK. The entire original creative team has reassembled, and we’ve reimagined the visual aspects of the show completely, making full use of all the newest technologies in stage craft, lighting and costume construction. Many of these elements hadn’t been invented when we first developed the show. So we are creating something brand new from this beloved “tale as old as time.” I speak for the whole team when I say fortunate we all feel to be given the opportunity to reimagine the show for the 21st century.

The structure and tone of the story and score – as conceived for the 1991 film by its executive producer and lyricist Howard Ashman with a continued evolution for the Broadway adaptation three years later – made Disney history. Only once before – in Menken and Ashman’s previous film musical The Little Mermaid – had a Disney film been structured like a stage musical where the songs are integral to plot and characterization rather than only ornamental or digressions. This Menken/Ashman innovation is credited with the 1990’s Disney animation renaissance that went on to create such film classics as Aladdin, The Lion King and Hunchback of Notre Dame and helped re-introduce the book musical form to popular culture.

This new Beauty, while retaining the lush period sound of the Oscar-winning and Tony-nominated score – which brought classics including Be Our Guest and Beauty and the Beast, as well as Change in Me, added to the musical production in 1998 and retained thereafter – will be heard afresh with new dance arrangements by David Chase, allowing original choreographer Matt West to re-visit his work. Longtime Menken collaborators Michael Kosarin and Danny Troob are musical supervisor/vocal arranger and orchestrator, respectively.

Completing the design team, Tony-winner John Shivers is sound designer, Darryl Maloney is the video and projections designer, and David H. Lawrence is hair designer. Jim Steinmeyer is the illusions designer, as he was on the original 1994 production.

The original West End production of Beauty and the Beast opened at the Dominion Theatre in April 1997, playing over 1100 performances to more than 2 million people. It won the 1998 Olivier Award for Best Musical and enjoyed a hugely successful UK & Ireland tour in 2001.

Based on the 1991 film – the first animated feature ever nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture – Beauty and the Beast opened on Broadway in April 1994 and garnered nine Tony nominations and one win. It played for more than 13 years on Broadway, closing in 2007. It remains to this day – 26 years after it opened – among the top 10 longest running shows in Broadway history. The live-action retelling of the animated classic quickly became the highest grossing live action film musical of all time in 2017, a record only beaten by The Lion King live-action release in 2019.

Casting for the production will be announced at a later date.

Beauty and The Beast is produced by Disney Theatrical Productions, under the supervision of Thomas Schumacher.

Logo:

Poster:

User's Signature

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 4/9/2021, 22:38
Messaggio #2

Gold Member

Dal sito DeadLine del 20 aprile 2021:

Disney’s ‘Beauty And The Beast’ Stage Director Resigns From U.K. Tour Over Leaked Email To Scott Rudin Mocking Karen Olivo

Broadway’s Beauty and the Beast stage director Rob Roth has resigned from the Disney show’s upcoming U.K. and Ireland tour after the text of an email he either sent or intended to send praising Scott Rudin and belittling actress Karen Olivo was leaked on social media by an airline passenger seated next to Roth on a recent commercial flight.

In a statement Roth made to the U.K. theater publication The Stage yesterday, the director said, “Upon consideration of recent events, it is clear that I am not in a position to lead this production at this time. I see now that the sentiments included in a private email that went public were thoughtless and insensitive, and I am profoundly sorry that my comments have caused unintended pain. I deeply regret making light of bullying, which I know to be a horrible experience. For the good of the show and this wonderful company of artists, I have made the difficult decision to step aside as director.

Disney quickly announced that Roth would be replaced with director and choreographer Matt West: “Following Rob Roth’s decision to step aside as director, Disney Theatrical Productions is pleased to announce that Matt West, original choreographer and longtime member of the Disney Theatrical family, will direct and choreograph the brand-new production of Beauty and the Beast which launches its UK and Ireland tour in Bristol this August.”

Roth had been expected to revamp the popular musical for the upcoming tour until the contents of his April 16 email were read, transcribed and shared by the unknown seatmate. Roth later confirmed that the email was authentic.

In the email, Roth congratulated Rudin, whose reported bullying and workplace harassment was the subject of a recent Hollywood Reporter article and prompted Moulin Rouge! star Karen Olivo to quit her show in protest over what she said was the industry’s silence on the subject. Roth’s email suggested that Rudin be awarded an “honorary Tony Award for somehow getting that horrible woman to quit acting…God bless you Scott for your service to American theatre.”

The Beauty and the Beast tour is set to launch this August at the Bristol Hippodrome Theatre in Bristol, England.

Beauty and the Beast opened on Broadway in 1994, earning Roth a Tony Award nomination. The production closed in 2007. Disney was considering a revival in 2019 but official plans have not been announced. Roth also directed London’s West End production of the musical, as well as the Broadway production of Lestat, based on the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles with a score by Elton John and Bernie Taupin.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 4/9/2021, 22:39
Messaggio #3

Gold Member

Da Facebook:

Da Facebook:

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 4/9/2021, 22:43
Messaggio #4

Gold Member

Da Broadway World:

Disney's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST Announces Full Cast For UK Tour

Courtney Stapleton and Emmanuel Kojo will play the iconic lead roles, Belle and her Beast.

Disney's Olivier Award-winning stage musical Beauty and the Beast today announces the cast to star in the re-imagined and re-designed new production. Staged by members of the original award-winning creative team, Beauty and the Beast will open a UK & Ireland Tour at The Bristol Hippodrome on Wednesday 25 August 2021 (National Press Night: Wednesday 29 September).

As BroadwayWorld previously reported, Courtney Stapleton and Emmanuel Kojo will play the iconic lead roles, Belle and her Beast, as spectacular new designs and state-of-the-art technology fuse with the classic story, bringing the beloved tale to new life.

Courtney's credits include Dear Evan Hansen, Six, Les Misérables and Bat Out of Hell, and Emmanuel is best known for performing in Oklahoma!, Girl from the North Country, Show Boat and The Scottsboro Boys.

Also announced today are Gavin Lee (Mary Poppins, SpongeBob SquarePants, the Broadway Musical, Les Misérables) as Lumiere and Tom Senior (The Pirates of Penzance, Eugenius!) who will be Gaston.

Sam Bailey (The X-Factor winner 2013, Blood Brothers) will play the legendary role of Mrs Potts, with Nigel Richards (The Phantom of the Opera, Les Misérables) as Cogsworth.

Martin Ball (Les Misérables, Wicked, Top Hat) will take the role of Maurice, Samantha Bingley (Martha In The Secret Garden) will be Wardrobe, Emma Caffrey (Curtains, 42nd Street, Funny Girl) will be Babette and Louis Stockil (Miss Saigon, Mamma Mia!) will play Le Fou.

The full company is completed with Jake Bishop, Pamela Blair, Liam Buckland, Jasmine Davis, Autumn Draper, Daisy Edwards, Alyn Hawke, George Hinson, Jennifer Louise Jones, Brontë Lavine, Thomas Lee Kidd, David McIntosh, Aimee Moore, Sam Murphy, Ashley-Jordon Packer, Emily Squibb, Grace Swaby, India Thornton and Rhys West.

Performances will begin in Bristol on Wednesday 25 August, with other engagements also confirmed for Liverpool, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Dublin with more venues to be announced in due course. All tour dates and information at www.beautyandthebeastmusical.co.uk

Spectacularly reimagined in startling new designs which will use the latest theatrical innovations, this timeless romantic tale will be brought to life on stage like never before, with all the charm and elegance audiences expect from Belle and her Beast. Among the many new features of this 2021 Beauty and the Beast is an exuberant tap dance within the legendary production number Be Our Guest, created expressly for Gavin Lee, recognised as one of the great tappers on either side of the Atlantic.

Olivier Award nominee Matt West will direct and choreograph this new production, leading a team that includes composer Alan Menken, lyricist Tim Rice, bookwriter Linda Woolverton, scenic designer Stan Meyer, costume designer Ann Hould-Ward and lighting designer Natasha Katz. The team collectively received five Tony® nominations and a win for Hould-Ward's costume design, when Disney first debuted Beauty and the Beast on Broadway 26 years ago.

Tour Dates:
Wednesday 25 August - Saturday 18 September 2021
The Bristol Hippodrome
Box Office: 0844 871 3012
www.atgtickets.com/venues/bristol-hippodrome

Thursday 23 September - Saturday 16 October 2021
Liverpool Empire
Box Office: 0844 871 3017
www.atgtickets.com/venues/liverpool-empire

Thursday 21 October - Saturday 27 November 2021
Edinburgh Playhouse
Box Office: 0844 871 3014
www.atgtickets.com/venues/edinburgh-playhouse

Thursday 9 December 2021 - Saturday 15 January 2022
Wales Millennium Centre, Cardiff
Box Office: 029 2063 6464
www.wmc.org.uk

November 2022 (back on sale soon)
Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, Dublin
Box Office: 00 353 1677 7999
www.bordgaisenergytheatre.ie

Da Broadway World:

Courtney Stapleton, Emmanuel Kojo, Gavin Lee to Lead BEAUTY AND THE BEAST UK Tour; Angela Lansbury Prologue Added

Everyone's favorite tale as old as time will be hitting the road in Europe in 2021!

Today, Baz Bamigboye of The Daily Mail has reported that the production has found its title stars!

Courtney Stapleton (SIX, Dear Evan Hansen West End) and Emmanuel Kojo (Girl From the North Country West End) have signed on to portray the iconic Disney prince and princess in the touring production, which will also feature two-time Tony nominee Gavin Lee (Mary Poppins, The Spongebob Musical) as Lumiere.

Another exciting development is a new prologue recorded by original Mrs. Potts, Angela Lansbury, to be played before each performance.

The original creative team from the Broadway production is currently at work updating their staging including a new tap routine for "Be Our Guest" and an update to Belle's iconic costume! According to new reports, the princess will no longer sport an apron as part of her look.

Audiences can also expect a trimmed down runtime, as well as new sets.

Full casting has officially been announced. Check out the news here!

Disney Theatricals is currently at work on the production will tour the UK and Ireland in May 2021. The tour will launch at Bristol Hippodrome on August 25, 2021.

Beauty and the Beast was the inaugural production of Disney Theatrical Productions. It played a remarkable 13 year run on Broadway and has been produced in 37 countries worldwide.

Adapted from Walt Disney Pictures' Academy Award-winning 1991 animated musical film of the same name Beauty and the Beast is a musical with music by Alan Menken, lyrics by Howard Ashman and Tim Rice, and book by Linda Woolverton. It tells the story of a cold-blooded prince who has been magically transformed into an unsightly creature as punishment for his selfish ways. To revert into his true human form, the Beast must first learn to love a bright, beautiful young woman whom he has imprisoned in his enchanted castle before it is too late.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 4/9/2021, 22:43
Messaggio #5

Gold Member

Belle e la Bestia nella versione revival:

Il cast al completo:

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 4/9/2021, 22:45
Messaggio #6

Gold Member

Dal sito The Fan Carpet:

Spectacularly reimagined in startling new designs which will use the latest theatrical innovations, this timeless romantic tale will be brought to life on stage like never before, with all the charm and elegance audiences expect from Belle and her Beast. Among the many new features of this 2021 Beauty and the Beast is an exuberant tap dance within the legendary production number Be Our Guest, created expressly for Gavin Lee, recognised as one of the great tappers on either side of the Atlantic.

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 4/9/2021, 22:48
Messaggio #7

Gold Member

Da Twitter:

Take a peek into the studio of Scenic Designer Stanley A. Meyer, who has been busy reimagining his designs from the original Broadway production.

Immagini dei set e Lumière:

Click

Abito giallo di Belle:

Scena finale:

Click

User's Signature

+Quote Post
veu
messaggio 4/11/2022, 21:21
Messaggio #8

Gold Member

Trailer internazionale:

Click

User's Signature

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 utenti stanno leggendo questa discussione (1 visitatori e 0 utenti anonimi)
0 utenti:

RSS Versione Lo-Fi Oggi è il: 28/3/2024, 20:28